/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Last Sermon

kadafi
02-11-2005, 07:23 PM
The Prophet Muhammad's (P) Last Sermon
This sermon was delivered on the Ninth Day of Dhul Hijjah, 10 A.H. in the 'Uranah valley of Mount Arafat' (in Mecca). After praising, and thanking Allah the Prophet (pbuh) said:

"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and TAKE THESE WORDS TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury (interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. Allah has Judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn 'Abd'al Muttalib (Prophet's uncle) shall henceforth be waived...

Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah's trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste.

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship ALLAH, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.

Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, NO PROPHET OR APOSTLE WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW FAITH WILL BE BORN. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the QURAN and my example, the SUNNAH and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O ALLAH, that I have conveyed your message to your people".

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
02-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Subhanallah a beautiful Sermon and a reminder to us all insha Allah.

h1jabi_sista
02-17-2005, 01:15 PM
This is absoulutly wonderful mashallah! may allah swt send his peace and blessing upon the beloved prophet (p.b.u.h) inshallah, ameen

WomanOfJihad
02-19-2005, 03:37 PM
:sl:

ohh wowww .. SUBHANALLAH ... its indeed so Beautifullll ... i ve gt the poster in my room .. its a useful Reminder ..

but the WRST n the sAd thing is .. that this has been forgotten in todays day and age n its all apparent ..every1 is doin the opposite of it .. SubhanAllah...

May Allah swt guide us all to the Straight path ..
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khaldun
02-20-2005, 11:27 AM

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly.
SubhanAllah everytime I read this bit it is as if the prophet sws was thinking of YOU in particular when he said that. SubhanAllah

kadafi
04-09-2005, 04:46 PM
The Last Sermon Video:
CLICK HERE (Requires Realplayer)

The video clip is taken from the movie, "The Message."
The video, The Message, can be purchased from Amazon.com or from many other Islamic stores.
The video clip, The Last Sermon, is courtesy of www.islam.org

http://muhammad.net/lsindex.htm

Uthman
04-09-2005, 05:11 PM

Jazakallah khairan brother. :)

The Ruler
04-09-2005, 06:52 PM

it was nice to read:'( it reminds us of our Beloved Prophet Muhammed (saw)
May Allah bestow his blessing on al mustafa.

:sister:

Ra`eesah
06-09-2005, 05:35 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

These are the words we should live by; some people forget and its important to reflect on how this last sermon of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) impacts our lives today as much as it did for the people of our Nabi's time.

Prophet Muhammad's (S.A.W.) Last Sermon

(This Sermon was delivered on the Ninth Day of Dhul

Hijjah 10 A.H in the Uranah Valley of mount Arafat )

"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I don't know whether,

after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore

listen to what I am saying to you carefully and TAKE THIS WORDS

TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as

Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a

sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful

owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that

you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon

your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury (Interest),

therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived...

Beware of Satan, for your safety of your religion. He has lost

all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big

things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to

your women, but they also have right over you. If they abide by

your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed

in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for

they are your partners and comitted helpers. And it is your right

that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not

approve, as well as never to commit adultery.

O People, listen to me in earnest, whorship ALLAH, say your five

daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadhan, and give

your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to. You know

that every Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. YOU ARE ALL

EQUAL. NOBODY HAS SUPERIORITY OVER OTHER EXCEPT BY PIETY AND GOOD

ACTION.

Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer for your

deeds. So beware, do not astray from the path of righteousness

after I am gone.

O People, NO PROPHET OR APOSTLE WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW

FAITH WILL BE BORN. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand

my words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the

QUR'AN and my example, the SUNNAH and if you follow these you will

never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and

those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words

better than those who listen to me direcly. BE MY WITNESS O ALLAH

THAT I HAVE CONVEYED YOUR MESSAGE TO YOUR PEOPLE."

al faqeer
06-09-2005, 06:23 AM

shukran for the post sis barakallah feekum inshallah , is this the whole khutbah ?

اللهم صل وسلم وبارك على سيدنا وحبيبنا وشفيعنا محمد وعلى آله وصحبه وسلم

أحمد
06-09-2005, 10:34 AM

:D Jazakillah for sharing . . . :applaud:

format_quote Originally Posted by al faqeer

shukran for the post sis barakallah feekum inshallah , is this the whole khutbah ?

اللهم صل وسلم وبارك على سيدنا وحبيبنا وشفيعنا محمد وعلى آله وصحبه وسلم

:) There are several different narrations compiled into this khutbah in history books, but there's also quite a few differences within the contents of the khutbah itself and differences of opinion regarding what the Prophet (saw) said in the khutbah. All opinions are backed by Saheeh ahadith . . . :zip:

kadafi
06-10-2005, 09:52 AM

Please post in the right section next time.

Jazaka'Allahu Khairun

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Threads merged.

Ameeratul Layl
09-23-2005, 03:18 PM
:love: :arabic6: :love:

This sermon was delivered on the Ninth day of Dhul-Hijjah 10 AH in the Uranah valley of Mount Arafah

After praising and thanking Allah he said :arabic5: :

O people lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether, after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore, listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today. O people, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will indeed reckon your deeds. Allah has forbidden you to take Interest, therefore, all Interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer inequity. Allah has Judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn Adbul Muttalib shall henceforth be waived. Beware of Satan for the safety of you religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of him in small things. O people, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have certain rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah’s trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste.
O people, listen to me in earnest, worship Allah, say your five daily Salat, fast during the month of Ramadhan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.
All mankind is from Adam and Eve; an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.
Remember, one day you will appear before Allah and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone. O people, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O people, and understand the words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things: the Quran and my example, the Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray.
All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again, and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O Allah, that I have conveyed your message to your people.

May Allah make us better Muslims so that we are loved in the eyes of Allah.Ameen.

m3 salaam
Raiyhana :wilted_ro

Far7an
09-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Assalamu alaikum

threads merged.

Sadia25
10-17-2005, 07:47 PM
PROPHET MUHAMMAD'S LAST SERMON

This Sermon was delivered on the Ninth Day of Dhul Hijjah 10 A.H in the Uranah Valley of mount Arafat.

"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I don't know whether, after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will indeed reckon your deeds. Allah has forbidden you to take usury (Interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived...

Beware of Satan, for your safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have right over you. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to commit adultery.

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship Allah , say your five daily Salat, fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to. You know that every Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. You are all equal. Nobody has superiority over other except by piety and good action.

Remember, one day you will appear before Allah and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not astray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand my words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Qu'ran and my example, the Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. "Be my witness oh Allah that I have conveyed your message to your people."

Salema
10-17-2005, 07:50 PM
thnxs..4 sharing..!

- Qatada -
10-17-2005, 07:56 PM
jazak Allah khayr for that! plz do post more. barak Allah u feeki (may Allah (swt) bless you) and your family. ameen.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

TabTabiun
12-16-2005, 08:50 PM
This Sermon was delivered on the Ninth day of Dhul Hijjah 10 A.H. in the 'Uranah valley of Mount Arafat. After praising, and thanking Allah he said:
''O Peopke, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether,after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again.Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and TAKE THESE WORDS TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY. O People, just as you regard this month,this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to thier rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury(Interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however is yours to keep .You will neither inflict nor suffer inequity. Allah has Judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas Ibn' Abd'Al Muttalib shall henceforth be waived...
Beware of Satan , for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.
O People,it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you.Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah's trust and with his permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for for they are your partners and commited helpers.And it is is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as wellas never to be unchaste.
O People, listen to me in earnest , worship ALLAH, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in Zakaat. Perform Hajj If You Can Afford To.
All mankind is From Adam And Eve, an arab has no superiorty over a non-arab nor a non-arab has any superiorty over an arab; also a white has no superiorty over black nor a black has any superiorty over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unlesss it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.
Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer for you deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.
O People, NO PROPHET OR APOSTLE WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW FAITH WILL BE BORN. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the QURAN and my SUNNAH and if you follow these you will never go astray.
All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly.
Be my witness,O ALLAH, that I have conveyed your message to your people".

Halima
12-18-2005, 04:12 PM
:sl: subhanllallah. Thank you for the wonderful story. might I just add...

The prophet's Farewell Pilgrimage

Everything had come about as willed by Allah. The faith in One God had cleansed and illuminated the souls. The devil within had been cast away together with the vileness of the pagan past. The false deities been removed from the House of God.

Once again, the believers' hearts were set on going to the holy sanctuary for it was already a very long time since they had been there. The mission of the Prophet of God (peace be upon him) was also nearing completion, as he was soon to bid farewell to his loving companions. And so, Allah permitted His Messenger to take them for pilgrimage, and thus, it was the first Hajj of the Prophet (peace be upon him) in Islam.

EDUCATIONAL ASPECT OF THE PILGRIMAGE

The reason for the Prophet (peace be upon him) setting out from Madinah for the pilgrimage were many.He had to meet the Muslims coming from far and near; to teach them the observances of faith and the rituals of Hajj; to bear witness to the truth and thus finally redeem his pledge to God; to advise them as well as to give them final instructions: to administer them an oath to follow his teachings and to trample under his feet the last remnants of the pagan past. His pilgrimage was, in truth and reality, better than a thousand sermons and lessons. It was an itinerant school, a mosque on the move or an ongoing training center which imparted knowledge to the unenlightened, animated the languid and indolent souls and invested the weak in spirit with the power of faith. All this was achieved under the benevolent and affectionate care of the greatest teacher, the Prophet of God (peace be upon him).

UNIQUE RECORD OF THE FAREWELL PILGRIMAGE

The minutest details of the Prophet’s journey have been preserved by the most trustworthy narrators, the companions of the Prophet (may Allah be pleased with them). It is a record so authentic and detailed for never before did there exist any historical document of such comparable genuineness be that of an Emperor’s itinerary or of the memoirs of any saint or scholar.

A SYNOPIS OF THE FAREWELL PILGRIMAGE

The Prophet (peace be upon him) set out from Madinah on Saturday, the 25th of Dhul Q’ada, after performing the four Noon prayer followed by a sermon in which he explained the essentials of entering the pilgrim state known as Ihram.

The Messenger of God (peace be upon him) then went ahead raising his voice in praise of God: "At Your service, O God, at Your service, at Your service; You have no partner, at Your service; praise and grace art Thine, and the Dominion: You have no partner.” The entire crowd chanted this Talbiya along with the Prophet (peace be upon him) where some curtailed a few words while others supplemented it with a few more in a tremor of excitement. But the Prophet (peace be upon him) did not admonish them. He kept on repeating the acclamation of God until he reached ‘Araj where he encamped. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) and the Prophet (peace be upon him) rode on the same dromedary.

The stages in the journey ahead were at al-Abwa, the wadi of Asfan, Saraf and then Dhi tawa where he stayed during Saturday night. It was now the 4th of Dhil Hijja. The Prophet (peace be upon him) offered the morning prayer at this place and also took a bath. The caravan now bent its steps towards Makkah and entered the valley from its heights. It was an hour or so before noon when his glance fell on the K’aba. He exclaimed “O God, increase the honor and estimation, deference and awe of Your House.” And then lifting up his hands, he raised his voice to say,” God is Great”. Then he said: “Peace be upon Thee, O God; peace is from Thee; O Lord, cause us to live in peace.” The first thing he did on entering the sanctuary was to go straight to the K’aba. He kissed the black stone stationed in the south-east corner, and then moved on to encompass the K’aba seven times, commencing on the right and leaving the K’aba on the left. He went round at a slow pace.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) was walking at a quicker step but the paces were not long. The seamless garment in which he had wrapped himself was thrown loosely over one shoulder, the other being left bare. Each time he passed the Hajjr Aswad, he touched it with a stick in his hand and kissed it. Thereafter he proceeded to the Station of Abraham and recited the Qur'aanic verse: “Take as your place of worship the place where Abraham stood (to prayer);”
[Qur'aan 2:125]

And then offered two units of prayer. Going back to the Hajr Aswad after the prayer, he kissed it again and then he brought himself to As-Safa from the opposite door. On reaching near As-Safa the Prophet (peace be upon him) said,

"Lo! As-Safa and Al-Marwah are among the signs of God. [Qur'aan 2:158]

I begin with what Allah began with.”

So he mounted it until he could see the House of God, declared God’s Unity and proclaimed His greatness facing the Qiblah. He affirmed: “There is no god but Allah alone who has no partner, to Him belongs the dominion, to Him praises is due, and He is omnipotent, there is no god but Allah who alone has fulfilled His promise, helped His servant and alone routed the confederates.”

The Prophet (peace be upon him) remained in Makkah from Saturday to Wednesday. On Thursday morning he came to Mina along-with the Muslims, performed the Zuhr and ‘Asr prayers and stayed there for the night. It was the night before Friday. After the sun had risen he moved for ‘Arafat where he saw the tent set up for him at Namirah.

God’s Messenger rested in the tent and when the sun had passed the meridian he ordered Qaswa to be brought. When it was saddled for him he went down into the valley and addressed the people wherein he explained to them the fundamental principles of Islam and struck at the roots of polytheism and ignorance. He commanded to treat as inviolable and sacrosanct the life, honor and property of every person, as warranted by all the religions, and declared that all the usages and customs of the pagan past were abolished. The Prophet (peace be upon him) abolished the usury of the pre-Islamic days although he allowed the recovery of the original sums lent to the debtors. In his sermon, the Prophet (peace be upon him) addressed the rights of women, threw light on the mutual obligations of the husband and wife and bade the people to deal kindly and provide food and clothing to their spouses in a fitting manner.

Thereafter, referring to the Book of Allah he told his companions that if they hold fast to it they would never fall into error. Finally, he told them that on the Day of Judgement, Allah would ask them about him, so what reply would they give on that day. The entire congregation chorused, that they would testify that he had conveyed the message and fulfilled his mission.

Then, raising his finger towards the sky, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “O Allah, be witness”, repeating it thrice. He also asked those who are present to spread it out to those who were absent.

The sermon ended, and the Prophet (peace be upon him) asked Bilal to give the call to prayer. After the call was over, he performed the noon and afternoon prayers, making only two Ra’kats for each. It was then Friday, when the Prophet (peace be upon him) delivered this sermon.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) then mounted his camel and came to Mauqif, the place of standing, where he remained atop the camel until sunset, lamenting, beseeching and glorifying the Lord. He appeared to be tormented and disconsolate, repeatedly raising his hands in prayer to his chest, like a man bereaved and an indigent crying for his livelihood.

He was heard saying: “O God, You hear what I say; and see where I am; and know what I conceal or reveal. Nothing can remain hidden from Thee. I am tormented, indigent and miserable, seeking refuge with thee as one who is sorrow-stricken and horrified. I acknowledge my sins and confess my faults; I call upon Thee like a beggar and cry unto Thee like an abased sinner; I beseech Thee like one who is dismayed and harassed, falling prone before Thee, and shedding tears; like one who has thrown oneself at Your feet and is licking the dust. O God, cause me not to fail in supplication to Thee; be Kind and Merciful unto me: Lo! You art the best of all those who are implored and the Most Generous of all the Bestower.”

It was then that God sent down the revelation: “This day I have perfected your religion for you and completed My favor unto you, and have chosen for you as your religion Al-Islam.” [Qur'aan 5:3]

When the disc of the sun had disappeared, the Prophet (peace be upon him) took Usama up behind him and wended ahead slowly, holding the halter of his camel in a way that his head, lowered in submission to God, almost touched the saddle. The Prophet (peace be upon him) was repeating the Talbiya: “At Your Service, O Allah, at Your Service…” and asking the people to proceed slowly and gently. He kept raising his voice in Talbiya until he came to Muzdalifa. There he ordered Bilal (may Allah be pleased with him) to give the call for prayers and performed the sunset prayer before the camels were rested and unloaded. He recited the night prayer after the camels were relieved and then went to take rest and slept till dawn.

Having performed the dawn prayer early in the morning, the Prophet (peace be upon him) mounted on Qaswa and came to Mash’ar al-Haram, the sacred site in Muzdalifah, where he faced the Qibla, supplicated God and declared His Greatness until the morning light was clear. Thus he glorified God before the sun had risen. Then he left Muzdalifa with Fadl b. ‘Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) up behind him on top of his camel, chanting the Talbia all the way. He asked Ibn ‘Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) to pick up seven small pebbles for Rami Jimar. When he came to the middle of the valley of Muhassar, he urged his camel to go fast and passed the plain quickly for it was the place where punishment was inflicted upon the army of Abraha. The Prophet (peace be upon him) came to Mina and from there to the Jamratul ‘Aqaba There he threw the pebbles after the sun had fully risen and ended it with the recitation of Talbiya.

Returning to Mina, the Prophet (peace be upon him) delivered a resolute address in which he dwelt upon the sacredness of Yaum An-Nahr and the significance Allah has assigned to the day. He elucidated the honor and distinction conferred by God on Makkah over all the cities of the world and called upon the people to follow whoever guided them in accordance with the Book of Allah. Then, asking the people present there to learn the rites of pilgrimage from him, the Prophet (peace be upon him) urged them not to revert to the ways of the infidels, beheading one another after him. He asked those present to convey everything he had told them to those who were absent.

Thereafter, he said: “Worship your Lord, offer prayers five times a day, observe fast for a month (in Ramadhan), obey those of you who are in authority and you shall enter the Paradise of your Lord.”

The Prophet (peace be upon him) also said something to his companions on this occasion which alluded to his valediction and hence the pilgrimage came to be known as the Farewell Pilgrimage.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) then went to the place of sacrifice in Mina and sacrificed sixty-three camels by his own hand – the number of sacrificial camels being analogous to the number of years he remained alive. He ordered ‘Ali to sacrifice the remaining excess number to make up a total of one hundred camels sacrificed on his behalf. The offering having been completed, he sent for the barber, got his head shaved and distributed his shaved hair among the people. Then he returned to Makkah on his mount and went round the K’aba again. After that he came near the well of Zamzam and drank its water without sitting down, and returned to Mina on the same day. He spent the night at Mina where he stayed until the sun had passed the meridian; then he proceeded to stone the Jamrahs and starting from the first one he went on to throw pebbles on the middle Jamrah and finally on the last one. The Prophet (peace be upon him) delivered two sermons at Mina, one on the Day of Sacrifice which has been mentioned earlier and the next on the day after.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) remained at the place to perform the stoning of the Jamrahs on the three days after the Day of Sacrifice, known as Ayyam-I-Tashriq.

Thereafter he departed for Madinah.

When the outskirts of Madinah appeared, he raised his voice to say, “Allah is Great”, three times and then said, “There is no god but Allah. He is One, without any partner, to him belongs the dominion and the praise and He has power over all things. (We are) the returning and the repenting and the submitting and the worshipping; God has fulfilled His promise and helped His bondman and alone routed the confederates.” (Zad al-Ma'ad, Vol. I, p. 249)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) entered Madinah in the broad daylight.

THE ADDRESSES OF THE PROPHET (peace be upon him)

The sermons delivered by the Prophet (peace be upon him) on the Day of Arafah and on the second day of Tashriq are presented here as both are fitting and eloquent as well as significantly instructive for all and good.

“Your blood and your property are inviolable sacredness of this day in this month in this city of yours. Lo! Everything pertaining to the days of paganism is wrongful. And claims of blood-vengeance belong to the pre-Islamic period have been abolished. The first claim on blood I remit is that of ibn S’ad Rabi’a b. al-Harith who was suckled among Bani S’ad and killed by Hudhayl.

“The usury of the days of ignorance is abolished, and the first of our usury I abolish is that of my own uncle, ‘Abbas b. ‘Abdul Muttalib, for all it is abolished.

“Fear Allah concerning women. Verily, you have taken them under God’s security and have made their persons lawful unto you by God’s Word. It is incumbent upon them that they must not bring into your houses anyone whom you dislike; but if they do that then you have authority to chastise them, yet not severely. You are responsible for providing them with their food and clothing in a fitting manner.

“I have left among you a thing, by which, if you hold to it, you will never go astray. What is that? It is the Book of Allah!

“And you would be asked by Allah about me so what would you say?”

The companions replied, with one voice, “We testify that you have conveyed the message and fulfilled your mission.”

The Prophet (peace be upon him) then raised his forefinger towards the sky and said thrice, “O Allah, be witness.” (80)

The text of the other sermon, delivered by the Prophet (peace be upon him), on the second day of Tashriq, is as follows:

O people, do you know in which city you are, what month and what day is this?” asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) from his audience.

They replied, “This is the sacred month, the day has a great sanctity and the city is the holy city.”

Resuming his address the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “Your lives and your property and your honour shall remain scared to the Day of Resurrection like this day, this month and this city. Behold! Take it from me so that you may live. Beware! Do no wrong. Beware! Do no wrong. Beware! do no wrong! It is not lawful for you to take anything from the property of a Muslim save by his consent. Every claim for blood-vengeance and bloodwit that was due since the days of ignorance is now abolished to the Day of Judgement. And the first claim of blood-vengeance that I remit is that of Ibn Rabi’a b. al- Harith b. ‘Abdul Muttalib who was suckled among Ibn Laith and killed by Hudhayl. The usury of the pagan past is abolished is that of ‘Abbas b. ‘Abdul Muttalib.

“Time has completed the cycle to reach the same point when God created the heavens and the earth.’

Thereafter he recited the Qur'aanic verse:

“Lo! The number of months with Allah is twelve months by Allah’s ordinance in the day that He created the heavens and the earth. Four of them are sacred: that is the right religion. So wrong not yourselves in them.’[Qur'aan 9:36]

“Behold! Do not become infidels after me, beheading one another. The devil has despaired of ever being worshipped of ever being worshipped by those who pray, but he will create dissensions among you. Fear Allah concerning women. You have claims on your womenfolk and they on you. They are saddled with the obligation not to bring in anyone whom you dislike, but if you suspect, instruct and withdraw from them, and chastise them but lightly. You are obliged to provide them with food and clothing in a befitting manner for you have got them under God’s security, and have a right to their person by God’s word.”

“Behold! Whoever holds anything in trust should return it to the person who had trusted him with it.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) then asked, “Have I delivered the message? Thereafter he said, “Let him who is present convey it to him who is absent, for many a one to whom a message is conveyed can better enshrine it in his memory. (Ahmad, on the authority of Abu Hurra ar-Raqashi)

TabTabiun
12-19-2005, 12:14 AM
:coolsis: -Jazakhalla...-For The EXTRA Islamic Studies..May Allah Swt Bestow US Under His Bounty And Continue to guide us...Aameen.:sister:
-MaSallama...

Far7an
12-19-2005, 12:19 AM
Assalamu alaikum

Threads merged

Tasneem
12-21-2005, 01:34 AM
I have dis sermon at my house
I like readin it once in a while
It really teaches ya something
it does not matter the color of ya skin or da way ya look
your outside appearance dont matter to Allah
the inside does
Allah does'nt judge by looks on the outside

SaLaMz

abdul Majid
03-07-2006, 12:00 AM
Prophet Muhammad's (p) Last Sermon
(This sermon was delivered on the Ninth oday of Dhul Hijjah 10 A.H. in the Uranah Valley of Mount Arafat)

[pie]"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I don't know whether, after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today.

"O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will indeed reckon your deeds. Allah has forbidden you to take usury, therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived...

"Beware of Satan, for your safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

"O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with anyone of whom you do not approve, as well as never to commit adultery.

"O People, listen to me in earnest, woship Allah, say your five daily prayers (salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to. You know that every Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. You are all equal. Nobody has superiority over others except by piety and good action.

"Remember, one day you will appear before Allah and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

"O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand my words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Qur'an and my example, the Sunnah, and if you follow these you will never go astray.

"All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O Allah, that I have conveyed Your message to your people."
[/pie]

ShoRoUk.h.
03-07-2006, 02:21 AM
peace be upon him

abdul Majid
03-07-2006, 05:37 AM
pbh

abdul Majid
03-19-2006, 10:25 PM
:Mosque: :welcome:

life
03-28-2006, 03:43 PM
After praising and thanking Allah the Prophet (saws) said:

"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying very carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that he will indeed reckon your deeds. Allah has forbidden you to take usury (interest), therefore all interest obligations shall henceforth be waived. Your capital is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. Allah has judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn 'Abd'al Muttalib [the Prophet's uncle] be waived.

Every right arising out of homicide in pre-islamic days is henceforth waived and the first such right that i waive is that arising from the murder of Rabiah ibn al Harithibn.

O People, the unbelievers indulge in tampering with the calender in order to make permissible that which Allah forbade, and to forbid that which Allah has made permissible. With Allah the months are twelve in number. Four of them are holy, three of these are successive and one occurs singly between the months of Jumada and Shaban.

Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope of that he will be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah's trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right, then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with anyone of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste. O People, listen to me in earnest, worship Allah, say your five daily prayers, fast during the month of Ramadhan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white - except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belogs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not therefore do injustice to yourselves. Remember one day you will meet Allah and answer your deeds. So beware: do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me, and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand my words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Qur'an and my Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O Allah, that I have conveyed Your message to Your people."

Abdullah4ever
06-28-2006, 03:59 AM
In the Name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful Prophet Muhammad's (saws) Last Sermon

[This sermon was delivered on the Ninth Day of Dhul-Hijjah 10 A.H. in the 'Uranah valley of Mount Arafat' in Mecca.]

After praising and thanking Allah the Prophet (saws) said:
"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying very carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that he will indeed reckon your deeds. Allah has forbidden you to take usury (interest), therefore all interest obligations shall henceforth be waived. Your capital is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. Allah has judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn 'Abd'al Muttalib [the Prophet's uncle] be waived.

Every right arising out of homicide in pre-islamic days is henceforth waived and the first such right that i waive is that arising from the murder of Rabiah ibn al Harithibn.

O People, the unbelievers indulge in tampering with the calender in order to make permissible that which Allah forbade, and to forbid that which Allah has made permissible. With Allah the months are twelve in number. Four of them are holy, three of these are successive and one occurs singly between the months of Jumada and Shaban.
Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope of that he will be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah's trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right, then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with anyone of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste. O People, listen to me in earnest, worship Allah, say your five daily prayers, fast during the month of Ramadhan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white - except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belogs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not therefore do injustice to yourselves. Remember one day you will meet Allah and answer your deeds. So beware: do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.
O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me, and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand my words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Qur'an and my Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O Allah, that I have conveyed Your message to Your people."

seek.learn
06-28-2006, 04:13 AM
Salaam o alaikum,

SubhaanAllah.

JazakAllah for sharing.

Alaikum salaam

mbaig
06-28-2006, 04:16 AM
Mashallah brother ,

A very good post. Thanks for sharing this.

Umm Yoosuf
07-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Already posted here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/prophet-...ad+Last+Sermon

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-29-2006, 06:26 PM
THE LAST SERMON OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (SAW)

"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether, after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you.

Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury (Interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived.

Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. he has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astry in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do no approve, as well as never to commit adultery.

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship ALLAH, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to. You know that every Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. You are all equal. Nobody has superiority over other except by piety and good action.

Remember, One day you will appear before ALLAH and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand my words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Quran and my example the Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness O Allah, that I have conveyed Your message to Your people."

al Amaanah
09-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Laa ilaha illa Allah..
Masha Allah words from Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad salaa Allahu 'alayhi wassalam.

And again, jazaak Allahu gairan 4 sharing bro.

BlissfullyJaded
10-01-2006, 03:50 AM

*Threads Merged*

Jazakallah khair for posting this. :)

Here's the Arabic text of it, in case anybody would ever like to read that. :)

خطبة الوداع (10 هجرية)

ألقاها الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم في حجة الوداع يوم عرفة من جبل الرحمة وقد نزل فيه الوحي مبشراً أنه "اليوم أكملت لكم دينكم وأتممت عليكم نعمتي ورضيت لكم الإسلام ديناً"
الحمد لله نحمده ونستعينه ونستغفره ونتوب إليه، ونعوذ بالله من شرور أنفسنا ومن سيئات أعمالنا من يهده الله فلا مضل له ومن يضلل فلا هادي له، وأشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وحده لا شريك له وأشهد أن محمداً عبده ورسوله.
أوصيكم عباد الله بتقوى الله وأحثكم على طاعته وأستفتح بالذي هو خير. أما بعد أيها الناس اسمعوا مني أبين لكم فإني لا أدري لعلى لا ألقاكم بعد عامي هذا في موقفي هذا.
أيها الناس إن دماءكم وأعراضكم حرام عليكم إلى أن تلقوا ربكم كحرمة يومكم هذا في شهركم هذا في بلدكم هذا – ألا هل بلغت اللهم فاشهد، فمن كانت عنده أمانة فليؤدها إلى من ائتمنه عليها.
وإن ربا الجاهلية موضوع ولكن لكم رؤوس أموالكم لا تظلمون ولا تظلمون وقضى الله أنه لا ربا. وإن أول ربا أبدأ به عمي العباس بن عبد المطلب.
وإن دماء الجاهلية موضوعة، وإن أول دم نبدأ به دم عامر بن ربيعة بن الحارث بن عبد المطلب وإن مآثر الجاهلية موضوعة غير السدانة والسقاية والعمد قود وشبه العمد ما قتل بالعصا والحجر وفيه مائة بعير، فمن زاد فهو من أهل الجاهلية – ألا هل بلغت اللهم فاشهد.
أما بعد أيها الناس إن الشيطان قد يئس أن يعبد في أرضكم هذه، ولكنه قد رضي أن يطاع فيما سوى ذلك مما تحرقون من أعمالكم فاحذروه على دينكم، أيها الناس إنما النسئ زيادة في الكفر يضل به الذين كفروا يحلونه عاماً ويحرمونه عاماً ليوطئوا عدة ما حرم الله فيحلوا ما حرم الله ويحرموا ما أحل الله. وإن الزمان قد استدار كهيئته يوم خلق الله السماوات والأرض، وإن عدة الشهور عند الله اثنا عشر شهراً في كتاب الله يوم خلق الله السماوات والأرض، منها أربعة حرم ثلاثة متواليات وواحد فرد: ذو القعدة وذو الحجة والمحرم ورجب مضر الذي بين جمادى وشعبان – ألا هل بلغت اللهم فاشهد.
أما بعد أيها الناس إن لنسائكم عليكم حقاً ولكم عليهن حق. لكم أن لا يواطئن فرشهم غيركم، ولا يدخلن أحداً تكرهونه بيوتكم إلا بإذنكم ولا يأتين بفاحشة، فإن فعلن فإن الله قد أذن لكم أن تعضلوهن وتهجروهن في المضاجع وتضربوهن ضرباً غير مبرح، فإن انتهين وأطعنكم فعليكم رزقهن وكسوتهن بالمعروف، واستوصوا بالنساء خيراً، فإنهن عندكم عوان لا يملكن لأنفسهن شيئاً، وإنكم إنما أخذتموهن بأمانة الله واستحللتم فروجهن بكلمة الله فاتقوا الله في النساء واستوصوا بهن خيراً – ألا هل بلغت....اللهم فاشهد.
أيها الناس إنما المؤمنون إخوة ولا يحل لامرئ مال لأخيه إلا عن طيب نفس منه – ألا هل بلغت اللهم فاشهد.
فلا ترجعن بعدى كافراً يضرب بعضكم رقاب بعض، فإني قد تركت فيكم ما إن أخذتم به لن تضلوا بعده: كتاب الله وسنة نبيه، ألا هل بلغت ... اللهم فاشهد.
أيها الناس إن ربكم واحد وإن أباكم واحد كلكم لآدم وآدم من تراب أكرمكم عند الله اتقاكم، وليس لعربي على عجمي فضل إلا بالتقوى – ألا هل بلغت....اللهم فاشهد قالوا نعم – قال فليبلغ الشاهد الغائب.
أيها الناس إن الله قد قسم لكل وارث نصيبه من الميراث ولا يجوز لوارث وصية، ولا يجوز وصية في أكثر من ثلث، والولد للفراش وللعاهر الحجر. من ادعى إلى غير أبيه أو تولى غير مواليه فعليه لعنة الله والملائكة والناس أجمعين لا يقبل منه صرف ولا عدل. والسلام عليك

Source

And the following site has it from different narrators:
http://sirah.al-islam.com/display.asp?f=rwd4227.htm

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-01-2006, 02:39 PM
lol didnt realize so many ppl did this :giggling:
oh well'sz :D

mariam.
03-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Date delivered: 632 A.C, 9th day of Dhul al Hijjah, 10 A.H. in the 'Uranah valley of Mount Arafat.
After praising, and thanking God, he said: "O People, listen well to my words, for I do not know whether, after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and TAKE THESE WORDS TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY.
O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Treat others justly so that no one would be unjust to you. Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds. God has forbidden you to take usury (riba), therefore all riba obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital , however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer inequity. God has judged that there shall be no riba and that all the riba due to `Abbas ibn `Abd al Muttalib shall henceforth be waived.
Every right arising out of homicide in pre-Islamic days is henceforth waived and the first such right that I waive is that arising from the murder of Rabi`ah ibn al Harith ibn `Abd al Muttalib.
O Men, the Unbelievers indulge in tampering with the calendar in order to make permissible that which God forbade, and to forbid that which God has made permissible. With God the months are twelve in number. Four of them are sacred, three of these are successive and one occurs singly between the months of Jumada and Sha`ban. Beware of the devil, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.
O People, it is true that you have certain rights over your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under God's trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Treat your women well and be kind to them, for they are your partners and committed helpers. It is your right and they do not make friends with anyone of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste...
O People, listen to me in earnest, worship God (The One Creator of the Universe), perform your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your financial obligation (zakah) of your wealth. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.
All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.
Remember, one day you will appear before God (The Creator) and you will answer for your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.
O People, NO PROPHET OR MESSENGER WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW FAITH WILL BE BORN. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I am leaving you with the Book of God (the QUR'AN*) and my SUNNAH (the life style and the behavioral mode of the Prophet), if you follow them you will never go astray.
All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness O God, that I have conveyed your message to your people.

DAWUD_adnan
03-08-2007, 08:12 PM
and ckeck this out>All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly.

wow, its like he adressed everything that would happen to the ummah right now ,racism, domestic violence, etc. which maybe why he said that :D

Khalid1402
03-09-2007, 03:28 AM
:sl: sister and Jazak Allah Khair for posting that. This is one of my favourite khutbas from Rasulullah Salla Allahu alaihi wa salam. It always brings tears to my eyes when I hear it being read aloud.

:salamext:

BlissfullyJaded
03-09-2007, 05:31 AM

*Threads Merged*

*~Sofia~*
06-05-2007, 02:41 PM
:sl: everyone

This sermon was delivered on the Ninth day of Dhul al Hijjah 10 A.H. in the 'Uranah valley of Mount Arafat.

After praising, and thanking God, he said:

"O People, listen well to my words, for I do not know whether, after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and take these words to those who could not be present today.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners.

Treat others justly so that no one would be unjust to you. Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds. God has forbidden you to take usury (riba), therefore all riba obligation shall henceforth be waived.

Your capital , however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer inequity. God has judged that there shall be no riba and that all the riba due to `Abbas ibn `Abd al Muttalib shall henceforth be waived.

Every right arising out of homicide in pre-Islamic days is henceforth waived and the first such right that I waive is that arising from the murder of Rabi`ah ibn al Harith ibn `Abd al Muttalib.

O Men, the Unbelievers indulge in tampering with the calendar in order to make permissible that which God forbade, and to forbid that which God has made permissible. With God the months are twelve in number.

Four of them are sacred, three of these are successive and one occurs singly between the months of Jumada and Sha`ban. Beware of the devil, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights over your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under God's trust and with His permission.

If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Treat your women well and be kind to them, for they are your partners and committed helpers. It is your right and they do not make friends with anyone of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste...

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship God (The One Creator of the Universe), perform your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your financial obligation (zakah) of your wealth. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action.

Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.

Remember, one day you will appear before God (The Creator) and you will answer for your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, no prophet or messenger will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you.

I am leaving you with the Book of God (the Quraan) and my Sunnah (the life style and the behavioral mode of the Prophet), if you follow them you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness O God, that I have conveyed your message to your people.

sorce: www.islamcan.com

Gangster No.1
06-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Subhanalh!

may allah reward you for putting up this post.

06-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Wow thats a long read lol

BleroX
06-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Excellent. What a Man.

DAWUD_adnan
06-05-2007, 06:48 PM
''All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness O God, that I have conveyed your message to your people.''

SubhanAllah he (SAW) adressed everything we are now in SubhanAllah, Allahuma as-sallatu wa salamu 'ala Saydina Muhammad, RasulAllah (SAW),

NobleMuslimUK
06-05-2007, 06:57 PM
MashAllah very beneficial words, to be followed and understand. May Allah reward you for propagating this to us.

sudais1
06-08-2007, 02:40 AM
best sermon ever MashAllah

sem
06-13-2007, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl
:love: :arabic6: :love:

This sermon was delivered on the Ninth day of Dhul-Hijjah 10 AH in the Uranah valley of Mount Arafah

After praising and thanking Allah he said :arabic5: :

O people lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether, after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore, listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today. O people, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will indeed reckon your deeds. Allah has forbidden you to take Interest, therefore, all Interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer inequity. Allah has Judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn Adbul Muttalib shall henceforth be waived. Beware of Satan for the safety of you religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of him in small things. O people, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have certain rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah’s trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste.
O people, listen to me in earnest, worship Allah, say your five daily Salat, fast during the month of Ramadhan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.
All mankind is from Adam and Eve; an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.
Remember, one day you will appear before Allah and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone. O people, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O people, and understand the words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things: the Quran and my example, the Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray.
All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again, and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O Allah, that I have conveyed your message to your people.

May Allah make us better Muslims so that we are loved in the eyes of Allah.Ameen.

m3 salaam
Raiyhana :wilted_ro
mashallah well said,

Camomilla
11-29-2007, 07:48 AM
thanx for the share, jazakallah Khair!

adeeb
12-28-2007, 09:49 AM
neverlasting sermon...masha Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.