/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Houston!

AbuIbnHasan
12-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Salam to all,

I am a brothet in Houston Texas and I just wanna let everyone know some oganizations here in Houston for Muslims.

1) Crescent Youth: {Taken From Website}-
It seems as in society today, the future of our own ummah is slowly slipping. Our youth today are placed in environments where temptation lurks around every corner, a place where misguidance is an easy walkway to tread down.

Our organization initiated as a response to the lack of youth involvement and the concern that existed among us, who once walked these same footsteps. Realizing that our youth were slipping away before our very eyes we took a call to action with the intent not only to revive the spirits but to stir our youth into involvement, not tomorrow but today. With this dream in mind, in August 2003, we came to be, where our events slowly spread from one mosque to another, to one day to expand throughout all of Houston, Inshallah.

The youth of Islam today will ensure the future of Islam tomorrow. We must make sure that we provide the opportunity to succeed as one ummah, united and strong, under the banner of Islam. Some of our goals include the following:

* To carry out recreational, educational, spiritual, and charitable Islamic activities.
* To encourage the Muslim youth to participate in the activities of the Masjids/Islamic Institutions.
* To provide attractive and viable alternatives to un-Islamic activities.
* To foster mentorship and brotherhood between younger and older youth.
* To instill respect for parents, families, and elders.
* To communicate to our community how significant youth are.
* To strengthen the faith and practice of Muslim youth, allowing them to develop a strong Islamic identity.
* To develop Islamic leadership and unity among Muslims for the future.
* To establish a positive healthy image of Islam in the Houston area through the Muslim youth.
* To propagate Islam and protect the Ummah of tomorrow

2) Texas Dawah Conference- Texas Dawah Conference is an organization here in Houston that hasa conference every year. It's not as big as ISNA but here in TDC we talk about topics that can be immediatly put to practice. What makes TDC different is that instead of having voulnteers running the conference, we have The Ansar. The Difference in Ansar and regular ole' volunteers is that Ansar are not only picked on skill, but adab (Islamic Manners). Only the best make the cut and get to help out in the conference.

If you want more info about TDC, click here.

3) Al Maghrib- Last but definatly not least, we have al-Maghrib!!!

For those of you that don't know, AlMaghrib is an organizations that provides intensive Islamic classes over the course of two weekends. Its hard to describe the environment @ Al-Maghrib, but one thing can be said...Once you feel the Eman Rush...you won't want it to end!

Here is a list of some of the classes:

1) Islam Invulnerable
The Making of the Modern Muslim World

2) The Light of Guidance
Fundamentals of Faith 101

3) Fiqh of Love
Marriage in Islam

4) The Rules of Engagement
Islamic Code of Ethics *my fave*

5) The Purification Act
Fiqh of Worship I

6) The Code Evolved
Evolution of Fiqh

7) Conquest
History of the Khulafaa'

8) Breach of Covenant
Tafseer Surat AlBaqarah

9) The Code of Scholars
Usool Al-Fiqh

10) Guiding to Allah By the Book
Fiqh ad-Da’wah

I HIGHLY suggest that you give the Al-Maghrib link some of your time.

JZK

-Hasan G.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Noor
12-22-2005, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbuIbnHasan
Its hard to describe the environment @ Al-Maghrib, but one thing can be said...Once you feel the Eman Rush...you won't want it to end.
:sl:

I'm in total agreement with you! No way can I begin to describe how remarkable Al-Maghrib is. The Eeman rush...simply unbelieveable!
Muhammad AlShareef told us that the most wanted course is Fiqh of Love
Marriage in Islam. Also, he told us that if our numbers increase, we'll be able to get Fiqh of Love in Toronto.

Anywho, Qabeelat Majd just completely Conquest and we're gearing up for our exam. Have you taken History of the Khulafaa'?

:w:

AbuIbnHasan
12-22-2005, 01:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor

I'm in total agreement with you! No way can I begin to describe how remarkable Al-Maghrib is. The Eeman rush...simply unbelieveable!
Muhammad AlShareef told us that the most wanted course is Fiqh of Love
Marriage in Islam. Also, he told us that if our numbers increase, we'll be able to get Fiqh of Love in Toronto.

Anywho, Qabeelat Majd just completely Conquest and we're gearing up for our exam. Have you taken History of the Khulafaa'?

We did but we took it 1 1/2 yrs ago.

I wish I had known about Al-Maghrib then. I have only taken LOG and ROE and I regret missing all of the other classes.

AbuIbnHasan
12-22-2005, 02:12 AM
Here's the Hosna ROE video....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Safa
12-22-2005, 02:27 AM

Don't we all have regrets. I've missed NJ Dawah Conference and it was soo close to where I live. And now it moved to Texas and I don't think I can make it there.

ROE was my first Al-Maghrib course and since then I've been taking all the course offered. Must be the eman rush that taking over.

But I've missed more of the beneficial courses like History of the Khulafaa' and the Purification Act, too bad they don't offer it in NJ anymore.

FOL is the most wanted course isn't it Noor? I wonder why. It's next course being offered in NJ and everyone's looking forward to it.

And welcome to the forums.

AbuIbnHasan
12-22-2005, 02:36 AM
Just had to post this...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.