/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Al-Maghrib...

AbuIbnHasan
12-21-2005, 05:56 PM
For those of you that don't know what Al-Maghrib is, I ask Allah sincerly that you may experience this Eman Rush.

Among the numerous Islamic Institutions that have reached Houston, al-Maghrib is by far the most benificial. My words don't do this enough justice.

Al-Maghrib is a double weekend accredited course that provides Muslims in various cities in the US & Canada with intense, serious Islamic classes that can be put into practice right away. Only the best of the best become Al-Maghrib instructors.

Here is a paragraph from the al-Maghrib site that summarises al-Maghrib's goal:

To study overseas is indeed a very enriching experience, but not everyone is blessed with such an opportunity. Our hectic schedules often sideline our in-depth study of Islam. It is for this reason that AlMaghrib Institute was established, and has dedicated itself to providing courses on Islam in a six-day, two weekend, intensive seminar format. These trademark double-weekend university-style seminars carry students toward a bachelor's degree in the Islamic Studies.

Following the 'seminar' style of education, AlMaghrib takes the traditional semester long course, beautifully condenses it into six days, and produces an Islamic educational experience that is unique. Our aim is to empower Muslims, two weekends at a time, to carry the message of Allah and His Messenger. Alhamdulillah, AlMaghrib Institute currently has the largest Islamic Studies student body in North America!

AlMaghrib seminars are fun, engaging, and information-packed. Seminars are presently conducted in over ten U.S. cities and four cities in Canada. Attending a seminar means being surrounded by energized students and being taught, live and in person, by an AlMaghrib certified instructor.

AlMaghrib Institute's admissions and enrollment policies do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sex, age, disability, or other status protected by law. AlMaghrib Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization candidate.

I suggest that each and everyone of you in an Al-Maghrib city go and attend the class and those of you who aren't in an Al-Maghrib city, go to the Al-Maghrib forums and apply your city to be a potential Qabeelat.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbuIbnHasan
12-21-2005, 05:57 PM
Here is one great testemonial of an Al-Maghrib student:

"At one point in the class I began crying and could not stop. My tears were of happiness because Allah blessed me to be a part of this class; and of extreme sadness for the ones who missed it."
-- AlMaghrib Student

Far7an
12-22-2005, 10:28 AM
:sl:

Welcome to the forum brother. Jazaakallahu khairan for sharing that information. May Allah reward you and Al Maghrib.

shudnt_have
01-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Asalamaz, yes they are cool bunch of muslims!
I have heard a lot about them..:coolious: But their classes are VERY expensive, unfornately...I would really like to attend their fiqh 101. inshaAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummAbdillah
01-01-2006, 04:39 PM
salaam
jazakallah khair
:peace:

Noor
01-02-2006, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shudnt_have
Asalamaz, yes they are cool bunch of muslims!
I have heard a lot about them..:coolious: But their classes are VERY expensive, unfornately...I would really like to attend their fiqh 101. inshaAllah.

Give your excuses a black eye!!!

Reflect upon the things you purchase. These things most of the time arent very beneficial. I am well aware of the fact that some people are in financial situations and Al Maghrib Inst. also recognizes this. Therefore, they can provide aid to those students seeking knowledge but are in some difficulties. As a Al Maghrib student, I can tell you that its worth the money and then some.

Come on, $165?....your last pair of Nikes cost much more.

:w:

Takumi
01-02-2006, 01:32 AM
I like al maghrib classes. I like the teachers but I don't like some personality issues by people who attend al maghrib classes. They revere their teachers too much as if their teachers are infallible and the saviour of this ummah. :(

Takumi
01-02-2006, 03:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi
I like al maghrib classes. I like the teachers but I don't like some personality issues by people who attend al maghrib classes. They revere their teachers too much as if their teachers are infallible and the saviour of this ummah. :(

Let me teach you how to respond to such comments.

bro takumi,

I regret that you felt that way about my colleagues. Trust me, we are just learning Islam and as you know, we can get overzealous sometimes. I must admit that revering personality and idolizing anyone more than the prophet is a dangerous grounds and we should avoid it.

Perhaps you could come again and enjoy the lectures and forgive the brothers and sisters. I'm sure they didn't mean any harm.

I myself benefited a great deal from the teachers of Al Maghrib and may I humbly invite you to do the same.

Thank you for sharing your observations and I pray that Allah will protect us from praising other than Him and loving His messenger.

does that sound better to you? rather than getting too personal about it?

Noor
01-02-2006, 03:41 AM

MashaAllah, that sounds amazing. I ask you to forgive me from the bottom of my heart if I offended you, and I ask Allah to forgive us all. Ameen.

Next time I should not get too emotional, my bad.

I guess we should learn from our mistakes...stop whining and carry on with our lifes. oh and take more AlMaghrib courses.....j/j.

:w:

Takumi
01-02-2006, 03:54 AM
No harm done sister. You're very blessed to have good teachers, they are hard to come by. I know.

May Allah accept your deeds and mine.

I don't mean to diss anyone and I don't hold grudges. Life's too short. I consider this matter done, forgive my blunt and straightforward posts. I do that a lot as MOST of the time, beating about the bush, will get us further into misunderstanding.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.