/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice?

Din-al-Islam
12-21-2005, 09:22 PM
:sl:

Im going to start going to visit differents schools, and tell about Islâm and tell about "My way to Islâm" ..
But i get really nervous, and cant think correct sometimes, maybe is it because im scared to say something wrong, Allâhu a3lam ..

Can some of you give me some advice ? Inshâ'Allâh :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
12-21-2005, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Din-al-Islam

Im going to start going to visit differents schools, and tell about Islâm and tell about "My way to Islâm" ..
But i get really nervous, and cant think correct sometimes, maybe is it because im scared to say something wrong, Allâhu a3lam ..

Can some of you give me some advice ? Inshâ'Allâh :)

Could you please clerfy your question and i'll get beack to you soon as

Din-al-Islam
12-21-2005, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Could you please clerfy your question and i'll get beack to you soon as

yes, when im standing infront of people, i become very nervous, and maybe there were some who felt the same way, that could tell what they did in such situation?
because i want to tell people about islam and about my way to islam, and I need some advice, on what to do when you become vey nervous

If someone could help me ?

libyanhero
12-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Mashallah sister: well your nervous because naturally anyone would be if they had to present something to a group unless its a professional speaker but its either you don't have enough practice presenting things to whole group of 40 students or you don't know what exactly to say to give you more confidence I think you should write down what you say before you present it that way you will be prepared and you would know what to say.

I am a very shy person and the first time I presented to my class I thought I was gonna burst out in nervousness but you know my preparation gave me the confidence also but it still felt a little wierd because it was first time, overall it was good elhamdulillah

so write down

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
12-21-2005, 09:44 PM

Beware of the people who you talk to about islam, make sure that there cival people and will respect your views, give the basic five pillers insh'Allah if they become intrested then tell them more, make dua to allah to help you give dawa and also to guide the people.

sapphire
12-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Sis just research what your going to say and make sure its 100% correct......and speak it..inshallah Allah will help you.............

Snowflake
12-21-2005, 10:13 PM
Wow mashaAllah sis, that's great what ur doing. As the brother upstairs said, make notes of what u want to say. Don't worry about it looking unprofessional, politicians do it too :P You can also practice infront of a mirror, or with family & friends. Finally sis, subhanAllah look how confident and good we feel after performing salah. So prayer two rakaah nafal and maybe a Surah Yaseen and read ayahtulkursi before you leave your home. InshaAllah you will feel confident and everything will go smoothly. Best of luck sis :)

Noor
12-22-2005, 12:33 AM

When a believer is faced with a dilemma, he should look to the Holy Quran for guidance.
Surah Taha, verses 25-28.

He said: O my Lord! Expand my breast for me,
And make my affair easy to me,
And loose the knot from my tongue,
(That) they may understand my word;

Transliteration:

"...rabbi ishrah lee sadree
Wayassir lee amree
Waohlul AAuqdatan min lisanee
Yafqahoo qawlee"

The verses above were indeed uttered by prophet Musa alhy salam and are uttered by believers who seek help from their Lord when speaking to others. He was sent to Fir'awn. And Pharaoh and his nobility where very well spoken and "noble" in the eyes of the people, as one would expect. And Musa had previously fled the country because he had killed a man (see surah Qasas). So when he was ordered to come back and preach to fir'awn, he naturally was scared and said:

He said: My Lord! surely I killed one of them, so I fear lest they should slay me;
And my brother, Haroun, he is more eloquent of tongue than I, therefore send him with me as an aider, verifying me: surely I fear that they would reject me.

This is due to the stuttering he had and that when he was a baby he burnt his tongue, therefore he made this dua.

But most importantly he put his faith in Allah, and of course he was scared but Allah reassured him subhanAllah!

He said: Fear not, surely I am with you both: I do hear and see.

I hope that clarifies a bit for you, if you have any further predicament don’t hesitate to ask us, inshaAllah.

Anything Good I have said is from Allah anything wrong I have said is from myself and Shaytaan.

:w:

*charisma*
12-22-2005, 12:59 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Mashallah, much respect to you sis for doing something so amazingly beneficial :)

Theres a lot of great advice from bros and sisters mashallah. barak Allah feekum...

I get really nervous when I have to present something infront of many people, i find myself going, ummmm alot or stuttering at times, and when i catch myself i get even more nervous lol.. but after a while, you figure out sometimes theyre minds are wondering around the room, or they are thinking about last hour's rumor, so technically, they arent all ears all the time..

when it comes to speaking about religion though, or Islam especially cuz it is such an important religion to teach todays youth and even grown-ups about, you have to sound confident, and know ur stuff lol..and even if u dont its ok :) it will drive other peoples curiousity and inshallah you can research more about it.

when ur around nonmuslims and u dont know how to answer a question or dont know the answer to it say that ur not sure because if u answer it and u dont know much about that certain subject, they can flip ur words around..

yea and use some cards or something and write down the stuff you want to discuss and practice then, take them with you if u need to as well :).
Read some quran ayahs, ud preparing both mentally and emotionally, its like last minute studying lol except at the same time u can get more of the wisdom and comfort from the word of the quran subhanallah.

Inshallah through your experience, people can be guided to Islam...

if u have any questions sis, or need anymore advice, do ask inshallah, were here for u :)

Prepare for the worst, and expect the best inshallah

May Allah be with you Ameen :)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

F.Y.
12-22-2005, 09:02 AM
I think its a wonderful idea. You know, its ok to be nervous! We're not expected to be iron-men or something. Even Moses (pbuh) was scared to speak so what did he do? He asked Allah to allow his brother Harun to accompany him because Harun was good at speaking. It was probably also good for...like...moral support. But anyway, my only advice to give to you is to learn what you are going to say really, really well. Practice in front of a family member or mirror.
Make sure you can learn and know what to say to those frequently questions asked by non-muslims - like hijab, terrorism etc etc. I think you will find brother Ansar Al Adl's posts and threads very informative to read that discuss 'heavy' issues of this sort on the forum.
If you can't answer a question, well, you are fairly new to Islam and eveyrone is always in the process of learning. Simply tell the truth. "Im sorry, i dont know how to answer that properly right now, but I can find out for you. And if you give me your email address or something, I can get back to you."
Always maintain your composure, be gracious - there is no point yelling and crying and weird stuff like that.
Hope that helps.
Peace. Keep up the good work and your good ideas.

cihad
12-22-2005, 10:00 AM
mashallah

i think you are very brave .
inshallah you will do well

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.