/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pls Advice

mifla
12-23-2005, 12:54 PM
:confused: :w:

My Dear Friends ! it's nice being a member here. Just a small problem,I am working for an IT company,I guess they treated me pretty badly. Now I'm moving into a new one, but with a lot of knowledge about the syetem I have been working for.. do u think I should sincerely try to transfer all my knowledge to these people who treated me badly.They might even later say that I didnt do much,once they have al that knowledge in place. What do u think is most islamic for me to do???:phew

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
12-23-2005, 01:02 PM
(thread moved)

I would say that you part your knowledge with them slowly and carefully....until you are sure you can trust them. but at the end of the day it is only a job and I wouldnt get too worked up over it

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

ummhabibah
12-23-2005, 01:11 PM
:sl: :rose:
i agree with sister rabi'ya
:w:

Concealed Pearl
01-07-2006, 08:21 PM
yeah, use only that knowledge which can apply to the company and they ask you for. If they don't require it, then don't bother because they didn't tell u too. But either way, if you make your intention to please allah alone, with NO Intention or even the slightest inclination to earn worldy praise, then you will get no thawab at all. So just remember: check your intention in the beginning, middle, and end and ensure that each time you check, your purpose is to please allah wholly and fully inshallah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
01-07-2006, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mifla

My Dear Friends ! it's nice being a member here. Just a small problem,I am working for an IT company,I guess they treated me pretty badly. Now I'm moving into a new one, but with a lot of knowledge about the syetem I have been working for.. do u think I should sincerely try to transfer all my knowledge to these people who treated me badly.They might even later say that I didnt do much,once they have al that knowledge in place. What do u think is most islamic for me to do???:phew

be honest

someone else being bad to u is no excuse not to be honest

if it is something they have to know u should tell them
if it is your own skills that you are talking about then u are not obliged to teach them that

Snowflake
01-08-2006, 04:02 AM

:sl:

From what you say sis, I assume that there's no written/verbal contract to prevent you from doing that, otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question. Also if you want to know what's the right thing to do Islamically then you shouldn't worry about what anyone will say later, as the two don't go hand in hand. Once you start working with the new company, you'll realise your priorities. I think you're feeling as if you'll be being disloyal to ur previous employers, which is not the case. I agree with Rabi'ya sis. Use your knowledge wisely, just don't let it go to your head.

I wish you better luck in your new job!! :)

Takumi
01-08-2006, 04:06 AM

Abiding by your employment contract is the Islamic thing to do. Read your job description carefully. It's a legal binding. Going the extra mile while commendable, is not required.

Don't act emotionally. If they had treated you badly, you should report them according to the local labor law enforcement office.

Don't assume that the present employer is going to do the same thing.

Make your intentions to work for Allah's pleasure and you will get rewarded here and the day hereafter.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.