/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jewish Extremist Reverts to Islam

sonz
12-23-2005, 02:30 PM
subhanalah

Nor can goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: Then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate! 041.034

Hebron, WEST BANK -- With his tattoo of the Star of David hidden from view, Mohammed Al Mahadi prays to Allah in his new West Bank home near the radical Jewish settlement where he spent much of the last decade.

His recent arrival in the Shaab neighborhood of the flashpoint town of Hebron is the latest twist in the extraordinary life story of Mahadi, who was born to Jewish parents 37 years ago in the former Soviet republic of Azerbaijan.

The man then known as Mikhail Shirovsky moved to Israel soon after the Soviet authorities allowed Jews to emigrate in the 1980s.

After serving in the army as a fitness instructor, he was drawn to Jewish extremism and decided to move to the hardline settlement of Kiryat Arba in 1995 soon after one of its residents, Baruch Goldstein, shot dead 29 Muslim worshipers in Hebron's Tomb of the Patriarchs.

But an unlikely friendship with a Palestinian garage owner led him to first question his values, then to convert to Islam before marrying a Muslim wife from his native land.

Mahadi said that he has been touched by the warmth of the welcome that he has received from his new neighbors in spite of his background.

"I was a radical settler and an enemy to them," he said in an interview at his new home. "They have treated me like a brother and have offered me all the help that I need."

After his conversion to Islam and marriage to Sabena, Mahadi's life among the Jews of Kiryat Arba became increasingly fraught.

He says that his wife and four children, were ostracized and harassed by his one-time friends.

"I was attacked in the settlers in Kiryat Arba many times. They stoned my house and wrote graffiti against me, saying I'm a Muslim and had to leave.

"Every time I traveled anywhere we were harassed because my wife was wearing a veil.

"I was also often interrogated by the Israel security services, but all that I care about is that my children continue on the same religious path as me."

Mahadi admits that the man responsible for attracting him to Islam was garage owner Waleed Zaloum, whose business is located just outside Kiryat Arba.

Two strong-headed men, they used to argue for hours about the merits of their respective faiths as Zaloum recalls.

"From the start I felt there was good inside this man, even though I was not expecting it from a settler from Kiryat Arba," he said.

"The issue became a challenge to me and I told him: 'Either you convert me to Judaism or I convert you to Islam', but after six months of discussions and meetings it was him who ended up being converted."

Mahadi said that he had been persuaded to renounce Judaism for intellectual reasons.

"I discovered that there were too many contradictions in Judaism and at the same time I realized that Islam is the religion of truth and wisdom," he said.

"I converted because I am seeking truth because of religious reasons and not for any other motive."

He is unable to shake off all of his Jewish heritage. Tattoos of the Star of David and of a Menorah (a seven-branched Jewish candelabrum) are etched indelibly on his hands.

But Mahadi harbors no doubts and his new faith, saying that he is not interested in the formation of a secular Palestinian state.

"What I want is an Islamic caliphate in Palestine and God willing, Jerusalem will be the capital of this state," he said.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend2
12-23-2005, 03:25 PM
aw mashAllah, just goes to show anyone can be guided by Allah!!! :)

that story has really made me happy now, may more people turn to Allah and may the people being persecuted by the kuffar be rewarded for their pain. Ameen.

Bittersteel
12-23-2005, 04:11 PM
umm... you are sure this is an authentic story?

sonz
12-23-2005, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
what makes u think its not???

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
12-23-2005, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
SubhanAllah. It is Abrar bro. You can read it by clicking on this link here http://www.palestinemonitor.org/nuev...st_settler.htm

Bro alhumdulillah, I'd never have imagined a rock star giving up his lifestyle to become a muslim yet Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens) and so many others did just that. Allahu Akbar!!!!!!

h1jabi_sista
12-23-2005, 05:28 PM
as salam alikum,

subhanallah, praise and glory be to allah!
look how islam changed this man. from and enemy of islam to an friend of islam, to a believer and worshipper.

yes sista nadia, islam changes people. In the time of the prophet (saw) people who were nothing, who had nothing, suddenly belonged somewhere. Allah was their guardian and in Him they put their trust. Thats why many of the sahabah were successful.

just take umar ibn al khattab. He set out to put an end to islam and an end to the beloved prophet (saw).....but little did he know that he would come to embrace islam the same day. allahu akbar

jazakallah for sharing
:coolsis:
wa alaikum as salaam

mariamq
12-24-2005, 12:41 AM
Allahuakhbar...

Snowflake
12-24-2005, 12:47 AM
MashaAllah Hijabi sis, you know so much it encourages me to learn more about islamic history :) luv u sis, ur post did sumthing to my heart :loving:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.