/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Segregation

Ghazi
12-23-2005, 09:12 PM
:sl:

In my opinion this is a major problem which needs to be tackled muslims these days are Segregated for exmaple, in our local mosque you'll see the yamins in one corner, somalis in one corner not really sociallising past the genral salaam. which stops the Broverly/sisterly Love anyone experienced this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Silver Pearl
12-23-2005, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

In my opinion this is a major problem which needs to be tackled muslims these days are Segregated for exmaple, in our local mosque you'll see the yamins in one corner, somalis in one corner not really sociallising past the genral salaam. which stops the Broverly/sisterly Love anyone experienced this.
:w: Warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

Yeah I had notice that within the sisters section, however, that has never really stopped me from talking to all the sisters. I’ll find some common issue and discuss whether they are Chinese or Pakistani is of little relevance to me. I think the reason isolationism occurs within different ethnical background in the Ummah is fear that they might have clash of opinion or that they may see them as ‘different’ even though Islam makes us all common to one another. Allahu’3llim what the hearts of the people think….

Mawaddah
12-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Oh yes it's very common, sadly sometimes it occurs because some of the sisters are racists towards each other, I recall whilst studying in Yemen, in the halaqah of sisters who were studying with the Sheikhs wife, the Somalis would be at the back, the Arabs would be in the front, pretty sad, they seem not to care that this is occuring in the midst of learning Kalimatullah. Allahul Musta'aan

sapphire
12-23-2005, 09:29 PM
i know......this is how my school is like......all seperated......cant blame anyone but there is a teacher who sticks with the students of her nationality...i hatee it.......and its an islamiccc school!!!!!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
12-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

subhanallah, i think when we see such things we should speak up, if we keep quiet about it ppl arent gonna think it over--more so think about it at all cuz really theres no need to think it over, they are ur bros and sisters filllah after all..

Segregation in my school is very common, although everyone is nonmuslim so it really isnt all that big of a deal..its kind of sad

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Ghazi
12-23-2005, 09:35 PM
Salaam

It's gotten to the point were people descriminate due to it, its what fuels Racism

pious_hijabi
12-24-2005, 12:25 AM
Brother I truly agree with you, a lot of the masjids in Toronto are like that…it’s as if they forget that Islam is a unity, I guess sometimes cultures plays a big role in people’s lives. But we should work together in order to stop the segregation and so that we can be united as one.

thc
01-17-2006, 11:19 AM
It is common!

~Mischa~
01-17-2006, 11:30 AM
i dunt think its always to do with racism thou... like sometimes its just hard to talk to ppl who doesnt spk the same lingo as u.. or has a diff accent then u.. like the majority of the older somalian sisters at our mosque dunt spk fluent english.. now how am i suppose to have a convo with them if they dunt understand what am sayin?

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-20-2006, 07:15 PM

in my personal experience this problem lays wid the elders who are from different backgrounds.

As with youth i don't see this as a problem at all, coz we all put Al_Islam first than our culture second, but in most cases with the elders it's other way around.

wat do u fink?

:w:

faizacadday
01-21-2006, 10:55 PM
:w: :w:

i think if u see this sort of problem around u,if may u be somali, arab,asian,mexican.or anyother nationality. u have to remember that all of u believe in the same god and u need to stop thinking differently. i say be the bigger person stand up and introduce ur self to everyone and tell ur friends to do the same. if ur sitting in the front or the back change ur arrangement and sit somewhere new. Just ask ur self what would prophet mohammed do? lets not have hatered in our hearts, and lets NOT FORGET that the majority who enter hell is women. it seems to me that men don't care about these sort of stuff they don't stare at one another and talk about each other. I hope with all my heart that all females change their ways... it just so sad:phew to see that we dislike one another just because of our skin AND OUR culture..Lets not blam one another, i think it's the jinni who puts this sort of feeling in us . PLease sisters lets be more sweet to one another. ANd when ever u feel this sort of feeling lets say Aqudu bi lahi minashadani rajem..

May the peace of Allah help us all cuz we sureLY need it ...
PEACE

Shadow
01-21-2006, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

alhamdulilah in some mosques the segregation thingy doesnt exist
i was sitting down and this dude came up to me and sed salam and shook my hand and then he also greeted other muslims and sat down, most people from that mosque are of different origins and all of them were so kind and helpful that i felt like donating 100000000 to them but i cudnt since i didnt have any money :(

one day inshAllah

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-21-2006, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by faizacadday
:w: :w:

i think if u see this sort of problem around u,if may u be somali, arab,asian,mexican.or anyother nationality. u have to remember that all of u believe in the same god and u need to stop thinking differently. i say be the bigger person stand up and introduce ur self to everyone and tell ur friends to do the same. if ur sitting in the front or the back change ur arrangement and sit somewhere new. Just ask ur self what would prophet mohammed do? lets not have hatered in our hearts, and lets NOT FORGET that the majority who enter hell is women. it seems to me that men don't care about these sort of stuff they don't stare at one another and talk about each other. I hope with all my heart that all females change their ways... it just so sad:phew to see that we dislike one another just because of our skin AND OUR culture..Lets not blam one another, i think it's the jinni who puts this sort of feeling in us . PLease sisters lets be more sweet to one another. ANd when ever u feel this sort of feeling lets say Aqudu bi lahi minashadani rajem..

May the peace of Allah help us all cuz we sureLY need it ...
PEACE

wow mashallah this is a beautiful advice. May Allah (swt) reward you for it.Ameen

I pray to Allah (swt) that all of should think/do like what faizacadday has said.Ameen

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.