/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Friends...?

Rabi'ya
12-24-2005, 12:04 AM
:sl:

I have aproblem on a similar line....My best friend...who actually, alhamdulillah, helped me to start wearing hijab after i reverted and helped me alot to strengthen my imaan...has recently been saying that she wants to tell me about sufiism...I know she goes to these sufi meetings too...

Any help brothers and sisters?

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ishkabab
12-24-2005, 12:58 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

sister as long as you know ur 100% MUSLIM no one can change u...keep your imaan strong...its kinda weird that ur friend is now talking bout sufiism...dont listen to her if she is trying to make you one of them..

Rabi'ya
12-24-2005, 01:02 AM
Of course I am 100% Muslim, alhamdulillah - that will never change. I am jsut surprised at my friend. She was one of the people who brought me to Islam..seems so wierd tho

akulion
12-24-2005, 01:05 AM
salam alaikum
tell her to tell you about Islam instead
and give her THIS article if you want and try and convince her not to call herself by names other than muslim

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
12-24-2005, 01:10 AM
JazakAllah brother

I shall inshAllah give the article to her next time i see her...

Ghazi
12-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Salaam

I've heard an hadith saying "Don't let followers of Bidah present their argument to you cause it will cause confusion in your hearts".

asma2
12-24-2005, 12:56 PM
sis i you don,t mind me saying what are sufiis i heard of them but no one the accurate.i can help if know the meaning

Muhammad
12-24-2005, 02:06 PM

We have two articles on Sufism: Introduction and Details.

You might also find this answer from Islamqa useful, Insha'Allaah: Sufi tareeqahs and the ruling on joining them

Sometimes, even pious people can make mistakes or fall into error without realising it. As you are close to her, perhaps you should advise her about the correct teachings of Islam and to remind her that we must only follow what the Qur'an and authentic Sunnah of the Prophet :arabic5: teach.

Sanobar
12-24-2005, 02:25 PM
salam!
jazakAllah for the information bro...really needed it.....! i have loads of frnds sis rabiya who sort of go on telling me abt sufism and stuff...but i just ignore...!
ma'salamah

sapphire
12-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Just ignore it........this type of things always seeps in somewhere and as long as we hold firm to our belif and know its wrong inshallah we will be ok........try explaining to her showing her her error and reminding her of whats she has done.....

- Qatada -
12-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

I think its good to discuss hadith, and ayahs/verses from the qur'an with her. the main problem is that people get confused by all these sects - yet the majority of us all just want to follow the qur'an and sunnah.

some people from one sect may say - dont follow a certain group of people because they reject the sunnah, and another group may say that they shouldn't accept another group because they aren't following the sunnah properly, this causes alot of propaganda and the person whos listening gets confused and sometimes even leaves the act of obedience altogether, because they dont understand the concept of islam.

so the best way to talk to her is to say that we're muslims and we obey the qur'an and the hadith/ Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala, and his beloved Rasool (apostle) sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam, this may make it simple and thats all you two need to discuss.

why complicate things when thats all we need to do?

wa Allaahu a'lam. (and Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.)

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Rabbiyah
12-27-2005, 01:18 AM
SAlam alaikum
I would like to ask a Question about Sulifees and Sunni
Thinking about or trying to find the difference can be a bit disturbing
But I will say this I love being muslim there's so much to learn.

Tasneem
12-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Dont go
Just tell ur friend about what the prophet Muhammed saws said about sects and all but one will enter hell.

TabTabiun
12-27-2005, 01:27 AM
As-Salaam Walikum_ Just don't GO!!!

Rabi'ya
12-27-2005, 10:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun
Dont go
Just tell ur friend about what the prophet Muhammed saws said about sects and all but one will enter hell.
JazakAllah sister - this is a good point :)

InshAllah i shall remember this.

JazakAllah for everyone who has replied:)

libyanhero
12-27-2005, 02:20 PM
There is nothing about, they are muslims like you and me but what I dislike is that us Muslims label ourselves with names, we all follow the sunnah of Allah and his messenger(SAWS)

Yes there is sufis who deviated from the path such as "Sufi-Mysticism" which I have no idea abt but what they do hitting thier backs with swords or whatever they do in praise to Allah is beyond an average human beings abilities, who hits their backs with swords? Its harmful to oneself, I once watched a video abt this mysticism and thier similar to :Shia: and this Naqshabandi or something also a sufi sect have deviated but in the name of sufism itself it is a really merciful approach and has a deep heart for the poor and the needy. THere is some innovations people do that isnt related to the sufism as there is people who do innovations in sunnism I see these as mistakes or ignorance and both are forgiven by Allah as long as you repent and go back to the straight path, the real straight path is the path of those who humble and surrender themselves to thier lord, their humble in their worship. All these mystcism and others are not any humble to the lord. So I dislike to call muslim names and the sufi is a word derived from woolen cloth and sufi's are the poor people, sufi's arnt shias even though there is bid'ah in some other sects

Khaldun
12-27-2005, 02:30 PM

Many people have misunderstood many things about sufis and sufism, they believe that the only differences are that they dance abit or praise Allah alot. One has to know that it is in the Aqeedah that the problem lies, I urge members to read the articles brother Muhammad refered to, and we should avoid anything to do about sectarian issues and cling firmly to the Rope of Allah!

TabTabiun
12-27-2005, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
JazakAllah sister - this is a good point :)

InshAllah i shall remember this.

JazakAllah for everyone who has replied:)

As-Salaam Walikum_ Wa Feeka Barakhallahu. Sister Rabi'ya, Sister Rabi'ya May Allah Countinue to GUIDE You.Aameen.:) .:coolious: .
***MaSalaama***:peace:

Takumi
01-04-2006, 04:07 AM
I was in a sufi group before. I liked it until, well..I'll spare that for the brother's chat. Remind me, brothers if you're really interested.

I'd suggest that you just go and look around. You gotta know where your limits are. Know what is bad and what is good. Right now, I gather you're clueless as to what really happens in this circle. (sorry, I don't mean to make it so Sherlock Holmish)

If she is your best friend, you owe it to her to at least find out what she's doing.

if (that's a big IF) she has joined the wrong crowd, then witnessing the discrepancies will be benefit to you in order to refoster her understanding of Islam.

If you love her, you will try your best to rekindle her spirit for the real understanding (assuming that the sufi group that she's hanging out with not in accordance to the sunnah). She loved you enough to help you know Allah. It's time to reciprocate, don't you think?

Rabi'ya
01-04-2006, 10:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi
I was in a sufi group before. I liked it until, well..I'll spare that for the brother's chat. Remind me, brothers if you're really interested.

I'd suggest that you just go and look around. You gotta know where your limits are. Know what is bad and what is good. Right now, I gather you're clueless as to what really happens in this circle. (sorry, I don't mean to make it so Sherlock Holmish)

If she is your best friend, you owe it to her to at least find out what she's doing.

if (that's a big IF) she has joined the wrong crowd, then witnessing the discrepancies will be benefit to you in order to refoster her understanding of Islam.

If you love her, you will try your best to rekindle her spirit for the real understanding (assuming that the sufi group that she's hanging out with not in accordance to the sunnah). She loved you enough to help you know Allah. It's time to reciprocate, don't you think?
:sl: brother

Many thanks, JazakAllahKhair for that message. It was trully a good post. I think I will take your advise inshAllah.

JazakAllah kheir

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.