/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

PRISONERofJOY12
12-24-2005, 06:15 AM
Hi... I am a Christian... Baptist and I was wondering what muslims believed... if you want to know what we believe please feel free to ask.
:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
asma2
12-24-2005, 08:03 AM
first of all we start with the pillars of islam u have to beive in that and do them one by one.if u want more infromation feel free to ask

Ghazi
12-24-2005, 11:01 AM
Salaam

Below are the basic five principles of islam
SHAHADAH. This Pillar is believing and saying the words. “There is no god except Allah, Muhammad is the messenger of Allah”.
SALAH. This Pillar is praying five times a day. There are set prayers which Muslims should say, and all Muslims should face Mecca in Arabia when praying, and should pray on a prayer mat. People should wash before they pray. There are fixed movements, which include kneeling with the forehead placed on the ground in front. This expresses the servant status of the human being in relation to Allah.
ZAKAH. Each year, Muslims are supposed to give a fixed proportion of their savings for endeavours such as helping the poor. In this way, we believe that their wealth is “made pure”
SAWM. Refraining from food and drink during the month of Ramadan during daylight hours.
HAJJ. This is making a pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in your life, if it can be afforded.

F.Y.
12-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Hello!

We believe in all the Prophets sent by Almighty God. Some of these include Abraham, Joseph, David, Solomon, Moses, Jesus and the final messenger of Almighty God, Muhammad. Peace be upon all the prophets. We say this as a mark of respect.
We believe they all tried to teach people the same message - to worship One God and take no other partners besides Him. They also were living examples of how to live ones life to be successful in this life and in the Hereafter.

The word Islam comes from the root arabic word 'salima' which means 'Peace'. We believe this was the objective of all the Prpphets - to show people how to live in peace with oneself, other human beings - whether muslim or not, and the enviroment.

If you would like to know more, please keep asking. I had one friend in school who was a Baptist too.

Peace to you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
12-24-2005, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PRISONERofJOY12
Hi... I am a Christian... Baptist and I was wondering what muslims believed... if you want to know what we believe please feel free to ask.
:)
:sl:

it do you some good going down to a your local mosque and talking to learned people and see how muslims behave and live.

Muhammad
12-24-2005, 12:02 PM
Greetings!

Welcome to the forums and feel free to ask any questions.

We already have some threads about Islam and Christianity, which you can view in the Comparative Religion forum.

Enjoy your stay!

Peace.

ummAbdillah
12-24-2005, 12:03 PM
hi
:welcome: to the forum
hope u enjoy ur stay!

Rabi'ya
12-24-2005, 03:33 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the forum - I hope your stay is beneficial and you learn alot inshAllah(god-willing)

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!