/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "For 36 hrs without food, sleep, water or anything..."

sonz
12-24-2005, 05:48 PM
"For 36 hours without food, sleep, water or anything and we were treated the worst treatment… I used to think that America had respect for human rights when it came to prison."
(Mohammed Nechle, Bosnian Algerian detained in Guantanamo)

A Letter To Tony Blair, From Anas El Banna

A letter from Anas, the nine year old son of Jamil El Banna, one of nine British residents held in Guantanamo Bay. This is his second letter to the British Prime Minister, the first of which, sent two years ago, went unanswered.

Dear Mr Tony Blair,

Firstly, how are you?

I sent a letter two years ago, why didn't you reply?!? I was waiting for a long time but you did not reply. Please can you give me an answer to my question?

Why is my dad in prison?

Why is he far away in that Guantanamo Bay?!

I miss my dad so much. I have not seen my dad for three years. I know my dad has not done anything, because he is a good man. I hear every body speak about my dad in a nice way.

Your children spend Christmas with you, but me and my brothers, and sisters have spent Eid alone without our dad for 3 years.

What do you think about that?

I hope you will answer me this time.

Thank you

Click here for the scan of the original letter

Interviews

Interview with Condoleezza Rice
The Sky Report's Julie Etchingham talks exclusively to Condoleezza Rice about allegations that the CIA has been moving terror suspects abroad for torture. In her only British interview, Rice is pressed on the rendition flights through Europe, the current US terror policy and conflicts between the Senate and Cheney.

Events

Hhugs Fundraising Event
17-12-05, Tooting A day to do more, than just dua... Event scheduled: A play on Zainab Al-Ghazali, Fashion Show, Art Work Auctions, various stalls

Event: Justice in America - Fundraising Dinner For Ali Asad
Ali Asad Chandia, faces up to sixty years in prison. Please support this cause by attending the fundraising and giving for the Sake of Allah.

Christmas At Guantanamo - Solidarity With Victims of Terror Laws
For most people, Christmas means the freedom to spend time with your friends and loved ones. But for the inmates of Guantanamo Bay, and for the victims of Australia's terror laws, this Christmas will be one of injustice, isolation,uncertainty ... even torture.

Campaigns

Call For The Immediate Return To The UK of Benyam Mohammed al-Habashi and All Other UK Residents Detained in Guantanamo
Those campaigning on behalf of families of British residents still held at Guantanamo welcome today’s report that British Members of Parliament will question Foreign Secretary Jack Straw over the involvement of Britain in handing over British resident Benyam Mohammed al- Habashi to the CIA and his subsequent torture in Moroccan and American custody.

Demand Suspension of Police Officer for Desecrating Qu’ran
IHRC calls on all campaigners to contact The MPS and the Independent Police Complaints Commission regarding alleged Qur’an desecration by a police officer.

From Behind Bars

For the Pleasure of My Lord, The Prisons Come Perfumed
And if they forbid you from their visits And likewise their letters never appear, So if this is for a Lord and Religion Then where is the patience, where is the certainty!?

A Letter from Andijan Prison
We have received this letter through email. From the text, context and jargon, it appears that the letter has actually been smuggled out of the Andijan prison where the recently sentenced prisoners of Andijan uprising of Uzbekistan are being held although we have no way of verifying the authenticity of the letter. The following is the complete, unedited version of the letter.

Statement on Jim Loney from Muslim Detainees in Toronto
Our names- are Mahmoud Jaballah, Mohammad Mahjoub and Hassan Almrei, and we have been detained without charge for between four and five and a half years. We are being held captive under security certificates because the government of Canada alleges we are linked to terrorist organizations and that we pose a threat to the national security of Canada. Allah is witness to our innocence of these allegations. James Loney of the Christian Peacemaker Teams is one of thousands of people who have been fighting to right this wrong.

Legal Issues

'We Do Not Torture': Lies and Quarter-Truths
by Jordan Paust
Jordan Paust of the University of Houston Law Center says that repeated protestations from President Bush, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and other US administration officials that "we do not torture" miss the point that the US has by any meaningful standard engaged in illegal cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment of prisoners and needs to change course urgently...

Exporting Torture: US Rendition and European Outrage
by Chandra Lekha Sriram
The Chair of Human Rights at the University of East London School of Law (UK) currently visiting at the University of Maryland School of Law, says that tensions between Europe and the US over American rendition policy and practice reveal a disturbing cultural chasm over the perceived significance of human rights obligations...

Islamic Focus

A Trial Without Meaning
Ali Asad Chandia’s case is not unique to any of his statements or actions, but rather unique to his religion of Islam and identity as a Muslim.

Ali Asad Chandia’s Address to the Community After his Release
“…And, if they all got together to harm you in some way, they could do you no harm except for that which Allah had already decreed for you. The pens have been lifted, and the tablets have dried."

Downloads

Extraordinary Rendition Under Fire: Lawsuit Charges CIA with Kidnapping, Torture of German Citizen
On Tuesday, the American Civil Liberties Union filed a federal lawsuit on behalf of a German citizen who says U.S. agents mistakenly kidnapped him and sent him to a secret prison in Afghanistan where he was tortured. We speak with British journalist Stephen Grey who helped expose the CIA rendition program of flying detainees to secret prisons around the world. Democracy Now! 7th December 2005.

Articles

The Trial of Ahmed Abu Ali - Findings of Amnesty International’s Trial Observation
by Amnesty International
Amnesty International has been closely following the case of Ahmed Abu Ali, from his initial arrest and detention in Saudi Arabia in June 2003, the torture allegations, the apparent US complicity in the torture, and his transfer to and conditions of detention in the USA. This document briefly sets out the background to the case, Amnesty International’s concerns regarding the allegations of torture and the findings of the trial observation

Inside Guantanamo
by Clive Stafford Smith
Lawyer Clive Stafford Smith regularly visits clients in the prison camp he calls America's "law-free zone". This is his chilling report on life behind the wire

My Husband is at the Gates of Guantánamo: Why I Support Him
by Jessica Stewart
Twenty-five U.S. citizens, calling themselves Witness Against Torture, are demonstrating, fasting and praying at the gates of the U.S. prison at Guantánamo Bay. They marched across Cuba to get to the prison. One of them is my husband, Danny Burns.

Into Harm's Way
by Henry Porter
By 'rendering' suspects to torturers America sinks to the moral level of Saddam

Dark Days in Prisons at Home and Abroad
by Los Angeles Times
When Fatima Tekayeva heard that her son was about to be returned to Russia from the U.S. detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, she felt an aching fear.

The US Has Used Torture For Decades. All That's New is the Openness About It
by Naomi Klein
By ignoring past abuses, opponents of torture are in danger of pushing it back into the shadows instead of abolishing it

Wrongly Held, Never Tried, Fighting Back
by Sarah Goldstein
The story of the Tipton Three--their detention, transport, torture and release--is no more or less outstanding than that of any others who have been swept up in the "war on terror," disappearing into what Vice President **** Cheney has referred to as the "dark side" of the intelligence world. What is remarkable about these men is that we know their story, and it is one of the clearest failures of the Administration's use of extra-legal methods to detain and prosecute suspected terrorists: They were wrongly held and never tried.

Why I Am Marching to Guantánamo
by Frida Berrigen
As a U.S. citizen and a Christian, this International Human Rights Day I am marching against torture, and for humanity.

US Prisons Provide the Model: Roots of Gitmo Torture Lie Close to Home
The group of American peace activists now walking across southeastern Cuba in route to stage an anti-torture demonstration at the infamous US Guantanamo Bay prison are receiving applause from activists involved in the fight against torture inside US state and federal prisons.

The Silence of the Doctors
by Jonathan H Marks
It was called the "water cure." But it was dosed out liberally to those who weren't sick. Unfortunate recipients were held by the neck beneath a water tank. The tap was turned on, and they were forced to swallow the gushing stream--or to choke within an inch of death while trying.

Khadr: `I Was More Interested in Cars'
by Michelle Shepherd
For the past 14 months, Abdullah Khadr says he has done nothing but talk.

The Abu Ali Verdict: Defense's Hands Were Tied, Jury was Blind Folded, and Justice Was Tortured
by the Muslim Link
On Wednesday, November 23, the Muslim community was faced with yet another shocking display of a surreal justice system.

[More Articles at Cageprisoners.com]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sapphire
12-24-2005, 05:52 PM
that is just......i dont know.....horrible....the little boys letter was very heart touching......may Allah return his father back to the family.......

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.