/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Party AT work

Rabbiyah
12-25-2005, 04:59 AM
salams Again
ANother issue
some people at work in my dept. MAde plan to bring a dish for this holiday
I didn't cook but I put money towards food being that I was going to be at work on the day of the party
My co-worker who I gave money to She brought HALAL chicken ( sh took time to prepare and cook) and no one didn't bring pork dishes for example
there was someone who's Pueto Rican and she made spanish rice w/o pork because she knew I don't eat it. Was it wrong for me to be apart of this gathering?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
akulion
12-25-2005, 05:04 AM
salam alaikum
Firstly sis, if this was a mixed gathering where there were men and women mixing freely then it would be wrong to go.
Secondly if this gathering had alocohol or other haram activities again it would be wrong to go.
Thirdly going to this party itself would be celebrating Christmas which is not allowed.

You can always explain to your co-workers that celebration of other religious festivities in Islam is not allowed. And they should not be offended but infact respect you for your way of life. Of course say that to them in the nicest possilble way and insha'Allah they will understand and everyone wil be happy :)

Muhammad
12-25-2005, 12:13 PM
:sl:

If it was a party to celebrate Christmas, it would probably be better to avoid it.

Please also see this thread, and check out these links:

Ruling on celebrating non-Muslim holidays and congratulating them

Ruling on joining in the kaafir festivals

:w:

sapphire
12-25-2005, 02:14 PM
i think yes its wrong because we are taking part in the celebration of another festivle.....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
F.Y.
12-26-2005, 08:59 AM
I think its rather disturbing that the puerto rican person made a pork dish, becuase, as you have put it "..because she knows i dont eat it." Is she just trying to be antagonistic or rude on purpose?

Peace

mehnaz
12-26-2005, 09:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y.
I think its rather disturbing that the puerto rican person made a pork dish, becuase, as you have put it "..because she knows i dont eat it." Is she just trying to be antagonistic or rude on purpose?

Peace
Salaam,

sis read it carefully..she sed that the peurto rican made rice w/o pork...ie without pork...:):)

W'salaam

TabTabiun
12-26-2005, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabbiyah
salams Again
ANother issue
some people at work in my dept. MAde plan to bring a dish for this holiday
I didn't cook but I put money towards food being that I was going to be at work on the day of the party
My co-worker who I gave money to She brought HALAL chicken ( sh took time to prepare and cook) and no one didn't bring pork dishes for example
there was someone who's Pueto Rican and she made spanish rice w/o pork because she knew I don't eat it. Was it wrong for me to be apart of this gathering?
As-Salaam Walikum- Yes It iS WRONG Because you are aiding the people wirth that wicth is wrong if ALLAH Prohibited it then it is WRONG. No Matter who it is, because Islaam Is the way of life....not JUST For me and you ...but for EVERYBODY.
***MaSalaama***

Muezzin
12-26-2005, 11:33 PM
No use fretting over the past. You can't change it.

TabTabiun
12-26-2005, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

As-Salaam Walikum_ I Don't like the above statement there is SOMETHING That you can do...Which is REPENT TO ALLAH (SWT).
***MaSalaama***

Muezzin
12-26-2005, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TabTabiun
As-Salaam Walikum_ I Don't like the above statement there is SOMETHING That you can do...Which is REPENT TO ALLAH (SWT).
***MaSalaama***

Where's your sense of humour? :p

But yes, one should repent.

Rabbiyah
12-27-2005, 12:13 AM
Salm walaikum sister
I must of miswritten that statment She actually made the dish without pork especially for me knowing that I would be at work anyway oh if she was to put pork in it I would have know Because I asked about every dish that was on the table for instance someone told me to try the jerk chicken I didn't because she didn't get the chicken from a halal market
Salam wa laikum

Rabbiyah
12-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Insha Allah Now that I've received this great advice from my muslim sisters in the futre I will make sure I don't participate My husband try to tell me certain things And I just don't listen because I couldn't see it clearly Shuqan for you input.

TabTabiun
12-27-2005, 01:29 AM

Where's your sense of humour? :p

But yes, one should repent.
As-Salaam Walikum- Can I Ask You what Do You Mean Sense Of HUMOUR?:eek:
***MaSalaama***

TabTabiun
12-27-2005, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabbiyah
Insha Allah Now that I've received this great advice from my muslim sisters in the futre I will make sure I don't participate My husband try to tell me certain things And I just don't listen because I couldn't see it clearly Shuqan for you input.
HaFun.
***MaSalaama***

Muezzin
12-27-2005, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TabTabiun
As-Salaam Walikum- Can I Ask You what Do You Mean Sense Of HUMOUR?:eek:
***MaSalaama***
I meant that I was joking in the post you disagreed with :)

TabTabiun
12-27-2005, 08:49 PM
I meant that I was joking in the post you disagreed with :)
:-\ As-Salaam Walikum_HUH??.:blind: :confused:
***MaSalaama***
:peace:

Muezzin
12-27-2005, 08:50 PM

In THAT post, I was joking :p :)

hidden_treasure
12-29-2005, 07:41 AM
[QUOTE=Rabbiyah;134686]Insha Allah Now that I've received this great advice from my muslim sisters in the futre I will make sure I don't participate

assalamu alaikum sis,

May Allah reward you ..ameen. I can see that you really would like to know the islamic point of view on things, which is great.

You didnt know about this particular issue... so its no problem insha Allah.

Just be an example at your work for us muslims ok sis, as im sure you will be..insha Allah.

shanu
12-29-2005, 07:53 AM
assalamu alaikum
I think its da intention sis
In ur deepest heart i am sure u dont intend to celebrate Christmas.
We must respect all other festivals. We r nt taking part in it to pray to Jesus, n deep inside ur heart i am sure u know that Allah is ur one n only god.
There is ntg wrong in it, from ma point, as long as there is no alchohol involved n as long as u dont say any werds that praise their God. In fact, u get to learn how they celebrate n this may make u realise how great ur own religion is. We r living in a society where we haf to meet ppl from different cultures. So its rather ok, as long as u dont celebrate in da intention to praise their god. We must all realise, God actually judges us by our intentions. 4 u its just a party, 4 them its celebrating their festival. So need nt feel bad. Smiles :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.