/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jesus - Quotes

azim
12-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Salamu alaykum.

I have no idea how popular this thread will, but insha'Allah, it will grow.

Since, we, as muslims, believe Jesus is a muslim, then we should be able to prove it yeh ("Bring proof if you are truthful" 2:111)?

So in this thread, why not paste quotes from Jesus (or other Prophets infact) from the Bible that support Islamic ideas?

I'll start the ball rolling (and insha'Allah, the ball does start rolling) with: -

Matthew - Book 5 - Veres 27 to 32

27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Subhan'Allah. Most non-muslims criticise Islam on three points - Hijab/Shariah punishments/Polygamy.

If the person critcises happens to be Christian, simply show them this line. Jesus speaking, the one whom they accept as the Son of God (audhubillah), explaining Hijab and Shariah better than we could.

Salam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
akulion
12-25-2005, 03:27 PM
salam alaikum

I dont like such threads because I dont use bible to prove my points on Islam since Bible can no longer be Quoted as 'truthful' text. And Quran contains enough evidences as to the Truth and only Quran I believe has power to truly open eyes. (and Hadith)

So ill just watch insha'Allah :D

PRISONERofJOY12
12-25-2005, 03:32 PM
that verse doesn't mean it literally
which if you read below I wrote my footnotes from Mark 9:42-50

cut if off. Hperbole, a figure of speech that exagerates to make its point, is used here to emphasize the need for drastic action. Often sin can be conquered only by radical "spiritual surgery." life. Eternal life in the presence of god.

azim
12-25-2005, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PRISONERofJOY12
that verse doesn't mean it literally
which if you read below I wrote my footnotes from Mark 9:42-50

cut if off. Hperbole, a figure of speech that exagerates to make its point, is used here to emphasize the need for drastic action. Often sin can be conquered only by radical "spiritual surgery." life. Eternal life in the presence of god.
Fair point bro, and I agree with you 100%. Also, I woud interpret it 'gouging out the eye' as literally removing what tempts us from our vision.

We do know however, that Jesus came to uphold the law of the Prophets, as he so many times said. And we also know, the law of the Prophets included castration as punishments, so I think it also an explanation onto ONE of the reaons why castration is used a punishment.

I'm sure you'd like to have your say on what I just said, but after you post, would it be ok if we just left it. I'd like to keep the thread on topic insha'Allah.

PS: Feel free to give your interpretation on any of the quotes anyone posts on here, I just wouldn't like a debate to develop, simply stating of opinions.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 03:29 PM
John 19:30
When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

to show that the the prophecys had already been completed..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.