/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about these countries?

dianputri
12-26-2005, 08:02 AM
assalamualaikum wrb

forgive me for my not polite words. I just want to know :

1. what do you think about indonesia ?
2. what do you think about Islam and moslem indonesia ?

that's all. Thank you

wassalamualaikum wrb

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mehnaz
12-26-2005, 08:13 AM
Assalamoalaikum,

first of all welcome to the forum sis/bro....and abt ur question....welllll....:confused:...i dont know anybody from indonesia but from whatever i've seen around me...indonesian's seem to be pretty religious...and yea...one very imp thing...i noticed this in masjid-e-haram...they're always smiling and sooooo friendly mashaAllah....

W'salaam

F.Y.
12-26-2005, 08:16 AM
Indonesia - this is my personal view of it. I have only been to Brunei - not even Jakarta or anywhere, so my views are probably incorrect.

When I think of Indonesia now - i mostly think of the tsunami. Before, i used to think of the people and food mainly.
Government seems to be corrupt - then again, which government isnt these days.

Indonesians accepted Islam when they saw the high morals and standards of behviour of the arab muslims that first went there to trade with them. There was no bloodshed involved. Something to be proud of.
Indonesia has one fifth of the world's population of muslims, right?

I have heard from people visiting the place that there are lots of muslims are not very 'muslim-like' anymore in indonesia. That may be untrue - I dont know. Then again, not many muslims are 'muslim-like' anymore nowadays anyway.
What was impressive though was seeing that mosque still standing after the tsunami! Mashallah.

May Allah bless Indonesia and in all countries and help people follow Islam to the best of their ability.
Maybe you could give us more information about Indonesia?

Rukayat
12-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Indonesia is a very religious country .... I don't know whether it's more of Sunnis' or shias' but as far as I know there are alot of Muslims there.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
12-26-2005, 10:47 AM
Salaam.

To be frank, the Muslims of that country are lost.

akulion
12-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Salam Alaikum
I have not been to indonesia personally but from what I hear it seems to be a good place where Muslims stand up and voice their opinions openly.
However that being said - this personal inference is based on what I see on TV about the country and not my personal experiences.

Khaldun
12-26-2005, 11:03 AM
:sl:

Wow are you indonesian brother Z? mashAllah I never knew, you seem to know alot about the muslims there alhamdulilah.

To be knowledge I cant say anything but good about them.

S_87
12-26-2005, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun
I cant say anything but good about them.

ditto.

sapphire
12-26-2005, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

Wow are you indonesian brother Z? mashAllah I never knew, you seem to know alot about the muslims there alhamdulilah.

To be knowledge I cant say anything but good about them.
Allhamdulillah.......real good polite people from what i know.....

Mawaddah
12-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Assalamu'alaikum
well.....I'm from Malaysia, there are plenty of Indonesians in Malaysia, and they are neighbouring countries, and I have to say, the muslims in BOTH of these countries are LOST, however, if I may say, Indonesia is even more so. Grave worshipping there is rampant, and people frequently consult 'bomoh' s or....what do you call them...they are people who deal with the jinns, and deal with magic. Islam to most of them is just a name, they intermarry between Christians and Muslims, they're "ulama' give out the most ridiculous fatwa's in the world......and etc. etc. etc.
However, there is a growing da'wah there alhamdulillah, but still, if you look at the majority, INdonesia's muslims are hopeless.....Malaysians are just as bad, but since this isn't about Malaysians I wont elaborate :)

Wassalam

dianputri
12-28-2005, 05:38 AM
Assalamu'alaikum

thank you for all of you which have many point of view about indonesia.

I am a moslem who live in Indonesia. I love indonesia and islam very much.
Islam is the majority religion in INdonesia.
INdonesia moslem are accept people for whole world, but they still hang on with they religion.

we have good akhwat and ikhwan here. he..he..

Indonesia accept all moslem in the world. And many are moslem foreigner is welcome here and they seems like happy to live here.

Indonesia has is neighbouring moslems. They accept what is more and less of his bro/sis. they can stay and do business as long as they like and we don't bother them.

but now INdonesia has been blackmail by another country bad moslems attitude.

the bad moslems is coming by other moslems country which is bring a chaos, and bad ideology, and it's shame. they are not a good neighbouring moslem, THey greedy, they temperament, slicy, and most of them they are give a bad influence and bad ideology about jihad : terrorism .

What I hate them so much...

they killer and destroyed almost part of INdonesia. they make our coutry so badly, and give bad view about INdonesia moslems.
We hurt, we sad, why has to be our country ? why not they country ?
before you take care someone please take care of yourself first !
as I saw in TV, they seems like not feeling guilty, infact they adore the terrorist. What moslem are they ???
please don't jugde anything before you learn it very well.
you're not a good moslem either. They not a moslem, when they kill innocent people. They are not moslem when they teach about bad ideolgy, they are not moslem when they don't respect his moslem bro/sis.
jealousy between moslems never teach by Allah SWT and RAsullulah SAW.

it's an humiliated. Allah SWT and RAsulullulah never teach us a violences !!!
islam is RAhmatan lilalamiin.

I think they do this for give a bad name for INdonesia, give a bad image of INdonesia which is known as hospitality country.
they just run for they own satisfy, for they own needs. they mess another country for they own profit country.

Masya Allah, may Allah Forgive them.

fogive me,,if there's a bad setneces. THis is what I feel right now as an INdonesian moslem.

thank you

Wassalam[/QUOTE]

Nawid
12-28-2005, 06:57 AM
I believe Indonesia is the largest muslim country in the world. I think somehwere near 180 million.

mehnaz
12-28-2005, 07:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AsilahRana
Grave worshipping there is rampant, and people frequently consult 'bomoh' s or....what do you call them...they are people who deal with the jinns, and deal with magic. Islam to most of them is just a name, they intermarry between Christians and Muslims, they're "ulama' give out the most ridiculous fatwa's in the world......and etc. etc. etc.

Wassalam
Assalamoalaikum,

:-\ whoa....i didnt know all that!!....i'll say the same thing abt india sis...grave worship..black magic..u name it and we've got it...:-\ ...i hope ppl come to their senses and follow the Quran and the Sunnah as it is with out any innovations...!!

W'salaam

Mawaddah
12-28-2005, 07:57 PM
^ Amin :) like I said.....Islam to them is usually just the name.....but then it's like that for many muslims around the world these days :( Allahul Musta'aan, may Allah keep us on the straight path Amin

*shamz*
12-28-2005, 08:52 PM
salaamz
dere all equal and each muslim should not judge each ova coz thats upto Allah (swt). Indonesia and Islam ---cant c anything.
wassalaam

dianputri
12-29-2005, 03:15 AM
what about bad moslem attitude ???
some moslem countries has this. they call it jihad, but they do jihad like terrorist.

magic ect, is just a culture in INdonesia. we don't belive that. It's a just a ceremony to hounour people before us.

Mawaddah
12-29-2005, 08:46 PM
^ excuse us, but you asked us about our opinions of muslims in Indonesia so we let you know :) as for 'bad attitudes' amongst muslims, well that's everywhere, but we are letting you know what we think about muslims in indonesia that's all :)
and as for the magic thing being "just a ceremony" like how you said....well brother/sister...I beg you to please reconsider your words, because magic is not "just" a ceremony, magic is one of the biggest sins in Islam and because of it a person can be committing shirk and become a kaafir, walnauzubillah.

from your response in this thread, it looks as if you are frustrated about the bombings and killings going on in your country from the 'extremists' well.....there is nothing much we can do about those types of muslims because they are led astray, 'sesat' and they have the wrong idea of jihad. We can just do da'wah to them and make du'a for them.

Wassalam

Oh yes, and they are not only in Indonesia dont worry ;)

Nawal89
12-29-2005, 08:52 PM
I've met some very good indonesian muslims.. and some that are really really off. I guess its all over but for some reasons, the indonesian muslims that i've seen, which are off are really bad.. i mean the woman walk around showing thier belly button and stuff, and then when you try to correct them they act up. lol. But i guess muslims all over the world are like that, not only indonesians.

thc
01-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Good and bad muslims exist throughout the world not just in indonesia!

Wahid
01-04-2006, 05:56 AM
salam
Islam is as much(or more) about justice as with peace bro dianputri. remmeber who attacked and destroyed the roman and persian empires? the rightly guided calipats ;)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.