/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam & Terrorism ?

dianputri
12-26-2005, 08:09 AM
assalamualaikum wrb

is it true jihad islam is teaching terrorism ?
why terrorist always using name of islam?
is it true there's a words in surah Al Qur'an approval for terrorism ?

i'm a moslem, I just courious.

thank you
walaikumssalam wrb

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
F.Y.
12-26-2005, 08:31 AM
Assalamualikum sister!
There are many, many thread on the forum on the topic of Jihad. Click on the following, it may help.
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ighlight=jihad

Just because the media makes us out to be 'maniacs' and mad, does not mean that we should act that way. The Prophet (saw) respected all human beings, becuase we are all created by Allah. This is one example of our Prophet (saw) respect for life in Islam, which i got off a post that was posted by member Ansar Al Adl:

Once the Prophet was seated at some place in Madinah, along with his Companions. During this time a funeral procession passed by. On seeing this, the Prophet stood up. One of his Companion remarked that the funeral was that of a Jew. The Prophet replied, “Was he not a human being?” (Bukhari, Muslim)

This is one example that shows us how the Prophet Muhammad (saw) respected and honoured all humans.

Halima
12-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Assalaam Alaikum,

On the basis of principle, Islam prohibits targeting innocent people such as women, children, and others like them even when there is actually a war being waged between the Muslims and the disbelievers. Disbelief, in and of itself, is not a justification to kill someone.

Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) and the Rightly Guided Caliphs who came after him stressed the need to protect the weak and the noncombatants and were very considerate of them.

Ibn `Umar said: “I saw the body of a slain woman during one of the battles of the Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), so he forbade the killing of women and children.” [Sahîh al-Bûkhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

Abû Dâwûd relates from Rabâh b. Rabî` with an authentic chain of narrators that he said: “We were with Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) during a battle and we saw people gathered together. He dispatched a man to find out why they were gathered. The man returned and said: ‘They are gathered around a slain woman.’ So Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: ‘She should not have been attacked!’ Khâlid b. al-Walîd was leading the forces, so he dispatched a man to him saying: ‘Tell Khâlid not to kill women or laborers’.”

In another narration from Ibn Mâjah, it is related that Allah’s Messenger (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Tell him not kill children or laborers.”

Laborers are not to be attacked deliberately, even if they are present during the battle, as long as their activities are not directly connected with the fighting. Workers who are not present at the battlefield are definitely not to be treated with aggression, regardless of the fact that they are in the enemy country. Abû Dâwûd relates from Anas b. Mâlik that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) would say the following words to his troops before sending them to war: “Go forward in the name of Allah. Do not kill an elderly person, nor a small child, nor a woman, and do not exceed the bounds.”

In the Muwatta’, it is related from Yahyâ b. Sa`îd that Abû Bakr sent an army to Syria and went out to give them words of encouragement. He walked alongside Yazîd b. Abî Sufyân, then said: “You are going to find a group of people who have devoted themselves to the worship of Allah (i.e. monks), so leave them to what they are doing.”

It might be appropriate to make mention of the proposal that the angel of the mountains made to Allah’s Messenger (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) that he would bring the two mountains down upon the inhabitants of Mecca. Allah’s Messenger (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “No, I hope that Allah will make some of their descendants worship Him alone.” He said this in spite of the fact their destruction would have been of a divine nature and he and the believers with him would not have had to lift a finger against them.

Those people and these today are to be called to Islam. They are the ones to bring the message to. Failure to fulfill this duty properly at one time or another does not mean that it always has to be this way, because there is an Islamic effort that offers the promise that this will take place.

Moreover, public places like airplanes and markets are open territory where both Muslims and Non-Muslims meet. It is also a place where adults and children, men and women are to be found. These places are never to be turned into targets, even during times of war.

source: http://en.islamtoday.net/node/1217

SunniMuslimah
12-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Of course Islam doesnt teach terrorism, those bad guys who use Islam in their bloodly attacks are out of the real Islamic teachings!

Islam is Peace and we are allowed to use violence in defence not attacking innocent people!:eek:

There are no such verses of Qur'an that encourage terror, there verses that allow defending ourselves and fighting our enemies, they are often misinterpreted by violent Muslims who want to find a justification for their brutality!:mad:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
:) To know about Islam in general:
http://itolerance.4t.com/

:) To know about the 20 Most Common Questions about ISLAM:
http://20questions.4t.com/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kkawohl1
11-18-2014, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dianputri
assalamualaikum wrb

is it true jihad islam is teaching terrorism ?
why terrorist always using name of islam?
is it true there's a words in surah Al Qur'an approval for terrorism ?

i'm a moslem, I just courious.

thank you
walaikumssalam wrb
What inspires the homicide bombers around the world? The texts below are used by terrorists even though they have been taken out of context. They were used during war times against Muslim enemies.

Thy are found in the Qur’an, as well as the Hadiths. While at least 114 verses speak of love or peace, sixty percent of the Qur’an deals in some fashion with jihad! Surah 9:5 says, “Then when the Sacred Months have passed, then kill the Mushrikûn (those who join gods with God) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salât (prayers), and give Zakât (alms), then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” This seems to contradict the verse that speaks of no religious compulsion in Islam.

Surah 4:89 tells Muslims to not take Christians, Jews, or pagans as friends, and also orders the murder of those who depart from Islam: “They wish that you reject Faith, as they have rejected (Faith), and thus that you all become equal (like one another). So take not Auliyâ' (protectors or friends) from them, till they emigrate in the Way of Allah. But if they turn back (from Islam), take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them, and take neither Auliyâ' (protectors or friends) nor helpers from them.” Surah 9:123 says, “O you who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who are the Al-Muttaqûn (the pious).” The list goes on:

“And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.” 8:39

“It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war (and free them with ransom) until he had made a great slaughter (among his enemies) in the land. You desire the good of this world (i.e. the money of ransom for freeing the captives), but Allah desires (for you) the Hereafter. And Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.” 8:67

“Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allah, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah (tax) with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.” 9:29

greenhill
11-20-2014, 01:12 AM
Wow, this is an old thread. Looks like you've really gone and looked at the historical posts!:D

A good question. What inspires them? I suppose it would be different from person to person. It could be that they choose to do or coerced into doing so.

Hard to say.

kkawohl1
11-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Allah is a God of peace.

Would religious organizations go one step further in their efforts to stop terrorism & killings by posting the following sign everywhere?

KILLERS BEWARE - Death of another human whose soul has not had a chance to reconcile with Allah/God means death to the soul of the killer...wasted lives and wasted souls...your family will never see you again.

greenhill
11-21-2014, 02:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kkawohl1
Would religious organizations go one step further in their efforts to stop terrorism & killings by posting the following sign everywhere?

KILLERS BEWARE - Death of another human whose soul has not had a chance to reconcile with Allah/God means death to the soul of the killer...wasted lives and wasted souls...your family will never see you again.
In simple terms, islam is to submit to the Will of Allah. We are to follow His calling and the ways as demonstrated by His prophet (saw).

The reward in the hereafter is entirely His to decide. Not even our holy prophet will have a say. Hence, it is really not for us to decide on people's fate when they meet their Maker. We can only allude to their potential fate based on their action(s) that we see but we will never know for certain.

In addition to the fact that our time on earth is predetermined (but we don't know when) it would be wrong to assume 'untimely death' perspective.

Another problem is that the note KILLERS BEWARE may not get the attention of these people because they most probably won't think themselves as killers, but instead, a person who may get rewarded for his deeds.

I feel ill at ease with the many misconception and propaganda and it is like that mythical creature where if you cut of its head, two more will sprout out. Very much like the issues faced today and it is all to create confusion...

:peace:

kkawohl1
11-21-2014, 06:39 AM
Mohamad (PBUH) was persecuted much in the same way Jesus was persecuted, both suffered for their religious beliefs. What makes their situations so unique is that they both lived devoted to the same God, the God of Moses, and Abraham. Mohamad claimed to have been brought to heaven by the Angel Gabriel; in heaven he reportedly saw Abraham, and Jesus. Mohammad held Jesus as a much-respected prophet of God. When Mohammad began preaching Jews persecuted him for his strong belief in Jesus and his teachings. Mohammad repeatedly was prosecuted for his faith in God and his backing of Jesus.

Mohammad’s’ last public sermon decried that Muslims, and followers of all religions with the belief in the one true God, should live in brotherhood and tolerance. Soon after this sermon Mohammad passed on. So what has happened to this message? Have the politically driven Islamic leaders of today hijacked and *******ized a religion, and its religious decree, meant to preserve peace and harmony? How can Mohammad have preached so much about tolerance yet radical Muslim leaders of today spout nothing but hate and hate filled rhetoric?

If you read about Mohammad’s teachings you will see that he was disgusted in issues that involved persecution, or discrimination based on religion. Conversely, you have some Muslim leaders around the world crying out that Jews should be destroyed, or Christians should be obliterated.

Don’t most Muslims remember that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, are all considered faiths of the book ? Don’t they see how similar our beliefs are? Have they forgotten how hallowed Mohammad held Jesus and his teachings? How can these Radical Islamic individuals spout so much hatred in the name of Islam when it is so contradictory to its belief base? I ask you now, who is the real enemy of Islam, is it the brothers and sisters of believers or is it the Imams, and Islamic Presidents, who use Islam as a sword when it cuts to their needs?

I love Muslims and their beliefs; I despise the leaders who hi-jack this religion to further their own needs and desires. It’s time the Muslim populations take a look at the real teachings of Islam and then ask themselves, who is the real enemy of Mohammad’s’ teachings?

Eshai
11-21-2014, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kkawohl1
Don’t they see how similar our beliefs are?
I think this is a misconception. I think there are far more differences between the orthodox religions than people believe. One really must study each religion in detail to gain a greater appreciation for their differences.

I still have much to learn, but consider the difference of belief between Jews and Christians when it comes to the most basic belief: God.

Jews believe God is more similar to the Chinese Tao than to the Christian God. Jews believe God is in no way human-like, and they also believe he has many limitations (such as he cannot interfere with his own creation). This Jewish belief of God completely contradicts how Christians view God (human-like, and in some cases the same as human, believing that God and Jesus are the same being incarnate). Christians also believe that God can influence anything he so chooses and is all power and limitless, despite being anthropomorphic. Jews go out of their way to never suggest a limitation on God, but also to never assume what he can or cannot do by saying God can do something which he might not be able to.

In short, these three religions APPEAR to be similar. But they are not.

kkawohl1
11-24-2014, 11:34 PM
They have different perceptions of God due to how their religion originator's spiritual interaction was translated; due to his mind's preconditioning. Yet, regardless of their varying beliefs, they pray to the same deity.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.