/* */

PDA

View Full Version : do you have a pet???

A7med
07-19-2005, 03:22 PM
:sl:
just want to ask if any of you have a pet at home?? and if u do try postin a picture of it :brother:

I have a persian cat, which cost :omg: A LOT!!!!
it dose nothin but eats and sleeps ;D
Here is a picture of her ......... ;D sorry about the quality :-[ i will post a better pic later inshallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
07-19-2005, 03:28 PM
That looks like one MEAN cat ;) :D

A bit of a side question, are pets Islamically permissable? I was under the impression that only things like guide dogs and guard dogs were allowed.

soulja-ess
07-19-2005, 03:30 PM

at the moment we dont have ne pets.....coz baba doesnt trust us to look after them after what happened to all the others.....not that any of them were my fault :D

neways in britain we've only had fish :lol: typical and they all died

but in libya we had a little chick and a lil baby lamb :wub: a few rabbits (cant remember how they died, i think mine died wen it was pregnant neways ) umm a few pigions, my brother had a blak cat (i named it diamond but it was aka the cat ) but we had to get rid of it wen baba came to libya coz hes allergic we had two little birds one died coz it was too cold (we forgot to cover the cage at night ) and the other died coz it was too hot :( we left it on tha roof in libya while we went to stay at ma grandma's hous for a week we came bak and the hous was too quiet soo neways to cut the story short we found it dead on tha roof (it was ma bros fault coz he was mena b cleanin out tha cage and he left it on the roof ):(

so they're the only pets that we've had that i can remember :D....still dont undertand why baba wont let me have a pet....

:w:

Gaf_G
I got an invisble Cat well he thinks hes a propa tiger chasing all the other cats and everything but he really cute and soft really he dosent like his picture taken. Icall him Fish. he follows me everwhere (no not in the toilet) he good fun to play with when i get bored.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
A7med
pets are allowed......but dogs to keep in the house are not
guide dog and guard dogs are allowed :brother:

That looks like one MEAN cat
i know thats why i was goin to post an other pic ;D

A7med
07-19-2005, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by soulja-ess

i forgot to say i have tropical fish too :) in a 5 foot tank :p

A7med
07-19-2005, 04:30 PM
Heres a better one

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-19-2005, 04:35 PM

YOur cat, is sooooo cute. I absolutely LOVE and ADORE cats and kittens. I like the first pic, whats the cat doing wearing glasses? it looks like a King Kitten in the second pic Mashallah. post more Inshallah. and wats its nam,e? and how old is it?

A7med
07-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Name: Fizza it 2 and half years old

and yea its wearing sunglasses in the pic ;D

it looks like a King Kitten in the second pic Mashallah
it acts like a queen!! :mad: cos everyone in the house treats it like one.

if it want to be stroked it will sit next to u and start strokin u ;D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-19-2005, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brown clown
Name: Fizza it 2 and half years old

and yea its wearing sunglasses in the pic ;D

it acts like a queen!! :mad: cos everyone in the house treats it like one.

if it want to be stroked it will sit next to u and start strokin u ;D
aww, i want to see it soo badly now. lol, i love cats.

A7med
07-19-2005, 04:52 PM
My cusion has a African Grey parrot. i like it soo much and it so funny, and the words that it says ;D ;D

A person came to his house and he saw the parrot so he went up to it and started staring at it. The the parrot turns around and says to the person in a VERY DEEP VOICE "Oi.....You.....What are you looking at!!!!"
He was like :omg:
;D ;D ;D

it looks abit like this .........

Muezzin
07-19-2005, 04:53 PM
My cusion has a African Grey parrot.
Are you trying to say cousin or cushion? :p :D

A7med
07-19-2005, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Are you trying to say cousin or cushion? :p :D
:mad:

BlissfullyJaded
07-19-2005, 05:07 PM

Sheesh...you people and pointing out every little typo! ;D

Nopes, I don't have any pets. :'( I wanna get a cat soo badly.. Just not a persian cat. Actually, the good thing about persian cats is that they sit in the house all day, and you don't have too much of a fear of it being run over by a car. But they're real snobby..no offense bro Brown Clown. ;D

Yours is real cute mashaAllah. :wub: LOL @ the glasses.

I'll post some pics of my aunts cats...they're cute. :D Later inshaAllah..

A7med
07-19-2005, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mm_ca04

But they're real snobby..no offense bro Brown Clown. ;D

Yours is real cute mashaAllah. :wub: LOL @ the glasses.
well thats why i want a kitten cos at least it runs around and plays abit :mad: not like my lazy cat

A7med
07-19-2005, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
tht's a cute one DTBC ! :D
why don't u hv tht pic of it as ur avatar ?
wen i feel like i need to change it i will put the pic there ;)

Batoota
07-19-2005, 05:39 PM

Do little brothers count as pets? :confused:

Nope, don't have a pet- used to have fish..birds..once had chicks....

edit: i'm scared of cats so i can't comment on that first pic!!

A7med
07-19-2005, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Batoota

Do little brothers count as pets? :confused:
i just knew one of u were goin to say that ;D

Amatullah_
07-19-2005, 06:06 PM
I have 3 cats and 4 kittens.
Im totally in love with them.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-19-2005, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatullah_
I have 3 cats and 4 kittens.
Im totally in love with them.

I knerw just by looking at ur avatar ;)

Amatullah_
07-19-2005, 07:02 PM
My avatar...

A give away, eh?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-19-2005, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatullah_
My avatar...

A give away, eh?

yup, and ive seen that avatar on IF. Are you from there too?

Amatullah_
07-19-2005, 07:30 PM
I think I stole it from IF...

*gives a guilty look*

Yes, I am there as well..

mary
07-19-2005, 07:33 PM
awww, how sweet... nice persian cat..... i'd luv to have a cat but my mum has a huge phobia of them, no really big time she hates them she'll walk the other side of the road if its on her side. I dunno shes feared them since an episode wiv a cat when she was a kid. ;D We had a rabbit it was amber and had beautiful floppy ears :love: and such lovely eyes but it died after five years. It was called Mr Rabbit.... but we cud neva have another one after that cos when we bougt it i promised id clean its cage LOL and when it got home i neva cleaned it once! So my dad after fajr used to feed it and clean its cage rain or shine!! ;D So u can imagine me and cat, it spend nights wiv my dad (being nutured and fed) and id stroke it once in a blew moon!
:-[

sonz
12-26-2005, 09:52 AM
salama

i wuz wondering if any1 here has a pet. if so what kind???

i dont have a pet now but inshallah i want to get a cat one day. theyre so cute.

masalama

Rukayat
12-26-2005, 10:02 AM
:sl: brother

Well....I don't have a pet yet but I used to when I was a little girl....I had lots of Rabbits.
InshaAllah someday I'll get myself a pet but I have no idea about which pet to keep...

Peace

akulion
12-26-2005, 10:09 AM
salam alaikum
I used to have loads of pet
at one time 4 budrigars
another time 1 dog
then finally 9 cats

but now I dont have any and I dont think I will be keeping any either.
Why ?
Well simply because I realized unless it is absolutely necessary (guard dog or guide dog) keeping pets only is an additional expenditure.
Instead of spending a lot of money a month on a pet I would much rather be giving it to a charity in a developing nation where the same moeny could be helping someone get educated and get some help.

Additionally why captivate poor innocent animals for our pleasure.

Eventhough there is no prohibition on pets but still my personal opinion now in life is no pets for me :D

Umu 'Isa
12-26-2005, 10:13 AM
wellll ive had everything..
I've had a few hermit crabs lol
a few dogs..
a rabbit
2 guinea pigs
and cats over the years..
My favourite pet was my dog max, he died last year. I had him for 12 years.. my poor puppy :(
the pet i have right now is a little kitten her name is nugget.. but apparently since ive been on holidays my husband lost her :-\ :-\ :-\

akulion
12-26-2005, 10:19 AM
But did you have Iguana ?

how can people keep iguana - it looks terrible to e...eeww (shiver of disgust)

Umu 'Isa
12-26-2005, 10:31 AM
my friends brother has a pet snake

Z
12-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Salaam.

I wish to get a pet someday. Maybe two.

akulion
12-26-2005, 10:43 AM
pet snake ? :O

oohh I heard the Jinn can also take the shape of snakes

That is one kind of pet I am NEVER keeping --> snakes and lizards!

Umu 'Isa
12-26-2005, 10:50 AM
i would never have a pet mouse, rat, snake or lizard or any bugs yuck....
in the pet shop near my house they sell spiders and scorpions..
i would like a pet frog (green frog) :)

Sanobar
12-26-2005, 11:00 AM
salam!
well i never had a pet all my life .....i hate em...altho i like havin kittens ...i dont like dogs and cats and snakes...i hate snakes....ewwwwww........they are the creepiest of all.....and yeah lizards too.....ewww....:mad: i will inshaAllah have kitten one day...its hard to take care of them u knw!...:)

ma'salamah

akulion
12-26-2005, 11:09 AM
I keep one pet goat every year before Eid
and then on Eid we eat him
lol

Sanobar
12-26-2005, 11:11 AM
salam!
^ thats sunnah isnt it bro.....? we used to so that when we were in jeddah ...it was fun....:):)

ma'salamah

akulion
12-26-2005, 11:28 AM
Yes it is the symbol of ultimate sacrifice
when someone sacrifices something they love so much for the sake of Allah (believe me u grow to love the little goat so cute)
And after you sacrifice it you then share it with the poor and neightbours and relatives.

It is fard for Eid ul Adha (coming up in about 2 weeks I think)

sonz
12-26-2005, 11:39 AM
a kitten is the best pet to take but they become a burden when they grow up lol

Sanobar
12-26-2005, 11:48 AM
^^ i knw.....they are nice when they are small but when they are bigg.....lots of reponsibility u knw!!!!!!!:)

Nawal89
12-26-2005, 02:31 PM
^Not really. My cats are easy to take care of.

I have 2 cats, Chinchow and Chendol.. cutest cats in the world :D

6 gerbils..there were nine but they are dying off for some reason..and we cant name them since they all look the same..

and 1 fish named merah. He is the most silliest fish. But i still love him :D

Halima
12-26-2005, 03:42 PM

I have two cats, and they are both males.

However, back in my parent's homeland, they have a farm and alot of chickens..lol

A7med
12-26-2005, 03:45 PM
:-\ http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...-have-pet.html

ummhabibah
12-26-2005, 03:54 PM
i once had pet rabbits in my country but since been in the Uk i have none and they sometimes have 12-15 babies at a time!!!!. it was amazing.i adore furry pets and would one day like to have kittens.insahallah.

sapphire
12-26-2005, 04:43 PM
i dnt have any pets....i have to many illnesses and allergys.....my dad and bro want cats but thats the worst animal than we can have coz of my health.....

Snowflake
12-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Wow Clown, at first glance your cat reminded me of Hulk Hogan :embarrass
But it's adorable mashaAllah,. I love big cuddly cats that sit there doing nothing. And cats make grt pets cuz they look after themselves, so they're the easiest to take care of.

We had a goldfish once. Must've won it at the funfair. Anyway I came home one day to find it had died. "No no!! I will save it no matter what," I thought.
So I put a straw in it's mouth and tried to resusitate it. I thought I'd done it, when I blew into it cuz it swelled up. But all my efforts were in vain, so I gave it a wonderful funeral by sending it back to the sea via the toilet :phew

afriend2
12-26-2005, 07:32 PM
we used to have a cat but my mum got very mad indeed because it kept on leaving a whole load of mess everywhere. :rant: :eek:

now we've only got 30 fishes in our pond in the garden and theyre so easy to keep it adds to my love for them! lol :loving: :)

now cos its winter i need to stop the pond from freezing over otherwise.....:enough!:

Uma Rayanah
12-26-2005, 07:36 PM

No way...

h1jabi_sista
12-26-2005, 07:41 PM
as salam alikum,

mashallah wat a sweet looking cat! Id love to have a cat, but my moms allergic, so is my brother!
we used to have pets, i say 'we' because they wernt usually mine, my brother or sister often bought them and looked after them.

this is my list

fish -countless times!!!!!
2 rabbits
1 very moody hamster
when i was in pakistan we bought a parrot, mashallah it was really sweet.:)
....but birds arnt ment to be in cages

:coolsis:

*charisma*
12-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

aww that cat was cute, *dont know bout the first pic though :-[*

no i dont have any pets alhemdulilah,
i had a fish....once....in a bottle....... swimming
never fed it though cuz it was for science class and we had prepared it as a closed ecosystem thing where basically it will live on its own without food and stuff, then one day i was showing the bottle to my sis and i dropped the bottle :-[ i got scared and put it back where it was, it was kinda twirlin in there looking kinda drunk, i really felt bad...then a few days later i was like i forgot to check on it and i couldnt find it in the bottle! :eek: i think it died :( but i looked and there was a snail :anger: i think it took up my fish's oxygen, yes i blame the death of my fish on the snail and my sister cuz she was like "i wanna see fishy" i cudnt resist that!......:-[

i had a 3 baby rabbits once, they died too...
had a cute birdie....yea it passed away too

subhanallah..

fi aman Allah
w'slaaam

Tasneem
12-26-2005, 09:40 PM
I used to have a cat..my own cat:mad: :eek:
But he ran away because i went to the store with my mom and she left the door open and i tried to close it but she told me to leave it open and i tried to tell her that the cat would get out(I was 5 or 6) and when we came back the cat was gone i knew before i even got in the house because u could see his footprints in the ground.
I got another cat but had to get rid of it when my 5 year old sister was born
My sister had fish but they recently died
I cant have a cat because the place i live does not allow it:-\

SaLaMz:coolsis: :mad: :mad: (o.k still mad about the whole cat thing:enough!: :eek: :phew )

Takumi
12-26-2005, 09:57 PM
My pet Brownie, a DeKay snake died a month ago. After that, I am hesitant to take a new pet. The loss is unbearable. Allah gives and Allah takes.

ummhabibah
12-26-2005, 10:00 PM
a snake? it'nt that scary
:muddlehea :mad:

*charisma*
12-26-2005, 10:03 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

subhanallah im scared of the furry stuff hehe
i think snakes are cool and i wudnt be scared to get near one as long as im positive its not poisonous or fiesty lol

i wudnt ever get one as a pet, cuz then i wud have to feed it mice or something furry...

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Takumi
12-26-2005, 10:05 PM

i loved my snake. It would climb up its enclosure to meet me every morning when I woke up for Fajr, as if approving my actions.

He'll be greatly missed.:-\

Bint Abdusattar
12-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Yes - i have two goldfish.
can't send a picture cause the fish tank is a very dull colour right now so a photo will not be clear.:rollseyes

*charisma*
12-26-2005, 10:50 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by ISLAM_MAN
it died
exactly what was "it" that died bro?? :rolleyes:

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

hasib
12-27-2005, 05:07 AM
just want to ask if any of you have a pet at home?? and if u do try postin a picture of it :brother:

I have a persian cat, which cost :omg: A LOT!!!!
it dose nothin but eats and sleeps ;D
Here is a picture of her ......... ;D sorry about the quality :-[ i will post a better pic later inshallah
I apologize but that is one FAT CAT!!

hasib
12-27-2005, 05:09 AM

Heres mine..

I love this little immigrant to death:brother:

SunniMuslimah
12-27-2005, 10:25 AM

I have a nice cat, his name is Tutu but we call him Tuty as he is so gentle and tender like a girl. :)

I attached a photo of a cat that looks like him, but he is a 3 y/o cat now.

He eats, sleeps and play by scratching, biting and wounding my hands! :skeleton:

There is a brother who asked if having pets are permissable in Islam, yes, it is, but with conditions, the best of them is to be able to really take care of them, they have no body except you, they cant even depend on themselves and eat from the street because you are keeping them in your house.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
:) To know about Islam in general:
http://itolerance.4t.com/

:) To know about the 20 Most Common Questions about ISLAM:
http://20questions.4t.com/

Rabi'ya
12-27-2005, 10:30 AM

I got a cat :playing: :playing:

Shes a lazy thing, thinks she owns the house, walks around like shes a Queen.....

shes recently started to refuse to drink froma saucer and will only drink from a glass on the table lmao!!

Rabi'ya:rose:

Snowflake
12-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Ohh Rabi'ya sis your cat is sooo cute mashaAllah :wub: I want one now. I just have to have one lol. I'm scared of black cats but your's is a lovely colour. Does it have any sisters? lol :D

MuslimaH~SistaH
12-27-2005, 04:16 PM
I have one Rabbit,and it's very sweet.

Rabi'ya
12-27-2005, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nadia Waheed
Ohh Rabi'ya sis your cat is sooo cute mashaAllah :wub: I want one now. I just have to have one lol. I'm scared of black cats but your's is a lovely colour. Does it have any sisters? lol :D
ummm, she did. Shes about 13 yrs old now. she look ssmall coz she had kittens when she was real young so she shopped growing!!! she soo cute - her names kitty. All my friends think shes cute, lol, i got one of my husbands friends trying to steal her :rant:

Muezzin
12-27-2005, 10:44 PM
I used to have a pet, but it died when I dropped it. Here's a picture:

Nawal89
12-27-2005, 10:50 PM
when i was younger i had 50 rabbits..
9 goats..
and about a hundred chickens. I really hated the chickens. We ate them in the end :D:D

solid_snake
12-28-2005, 06:18 PM

LOL! :D

here's my pet:

hissa
12-29-2005, 12:10 AM

No, I don't have a pet...
I really want a kitty, but my parents won't allow it :(

ishkabab
12-29-2005, 12:20 AM
no never had any pets but inshAllah am planning to have a nice fish aqarium!!

hasib
12-29-2005, 05:05 AM

seriously fish are boring! i've had too many over the years..

hissa
12-29-2005, 05:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hasib

That is soo true. Fish are boring. And plus you can't hug fish... like a cat!
I reeeeallly want a kitty :(

shanu
12-29-2005, 09:16 AM
ASSALAMU ALAIKUM
Hi these are ma pets. Named sundari n panda. I love them alot n pray to lord tht they have a long n healthy life.

Attachment 583----> THE BLACK N WHITE rabbit is male n its name is Panda. N the white n brown is female name is sundari.
They are both brothers n sisters, were born in ma house, its arnd 5 year plus years old
Attachment 581This is da pic of sundari, She is aggresssive n loves to eat alot :P drinks tea every evening, eats indian curries n rice :sister:
Attachment 582 Her bro panda is grooming her, they often fight :)

:brother: :loving: :coolsis:
S:loving: H:loving: A:loving: N:loving: U

shanu
12-29-2005, 09:22 AM
I also have a family Of Stray Mynah birds that fly to ma house, i feed them every time. Every 3 hours they come into ma house, eat some bread n they fly away. Its a bit strange for stray birds tht they are nt afraid of us. I also have stray animals that come into ma house, n we feed them all the time. Smtimes wen i meet hungry cats on da road, i feed them cat food. Its a bit like charity too i guess. I keep two plants, one's jasmine n another's rose, i name dem Veer Pratap singh n Zaahra Mayaat Khan :P,
As muslims , we must always learn to love animals n plants

:brother: :loving: :sister:
[MOUSE][/MOUSE]

h1jabi_sista
12-29-2005, 12:11 PM
as salam alikum,

i forgot the weirdest of my pets, it doesnt know its my pet though, it just hangs around in my garden!!! :coolsis:

its small and green and wet...........ITS A GARDEN FROG!!!

It jumps about on the grass in the autumn, its really sweet, u can just see this little thing hopping about on the grass. mashallah......

:)

shanu
12-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Thats so cute!
Name da frog! hahaha :) n maybe it will know its ur pet ;)

Blue_Moon
12-29-2005, 01:47 PM
[BANANA][/BANANA]

[BANANA]i have a tamagotchi to[/BANANA]:brother: :brother:

Tasneem
12-29-2005, 01:49 PM

Lol,I have one of those

SaLaMz:peace:

Tasneem
12-29-2005, 01:51 PM

Heres mine..

I love this little immigrant to death:brother:

Awww that cat is the cutest thing i've ever seen!!!

afriend
12-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Well islamically it is not recomnded to have a pet because they can become unclean and all that stuff. But that was told to me by some1 I know. But even still I will try and get a cat or a bird someday maybe when I have a bigger house.

Inshallah

Correct me if im wrong regarding pets! I like criticism LOL:)

Blue_Moon
12-29-2005, 01:56 PM

:sl: no they are fun i had one it died my sister tabtabuin's died to

Tasneem
12-29-2005, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fozley
Well islamically it is not recomnded to have a pet because they can become unclean and all that stuff. But that was told to me by some1 I know. But even still I will try and get a cat or a bird someday maybe when I have a bigger house.

Inshallah

Correct me if im wrong regarding pets! I like criticism LOL:)

I heard the same thing..i dont know:confused:
i heard that we cant have animals because they were not created to be inside a house ....:confused: i dont know:confused:

sapphire
12-29-2005, 01:57 PM

lllloooolll...i had like three of them....i let my brother have them all and he killed them...so i brought him another one.....and he killed it... :(

afriend
12-29-2005, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by soulja-ess

at the moment we dont have ne pets.....coz baba doesnt trust us to look after them after what happened to all the others.....not that any of them were my fault :D

but in libya we had a little chick and a lil baby lamb :wub: a few rabbits (cant remember how they died, i think mine died wen it was pregnant neways ) umm a few pigions, my brother had a blak cat (i named it diamond but it was aka the cat ) but we had to get rid of it wen baba came to libya coz hes allergic we had two little birds one died coz it was too cold (we forgot to cover the cage at night ) and the other died coz it was too hot :( we left it on tha roof in libya while we went to stay at ma grandma's hous for a week we came bak and the hous was too quiet soo neways to cut the story short we found it dead on tha roof (it was ma bros fault coz he was mena b cleanin out tha cage and he left it on the roof ):(

so they're the only pets that we've had that i can remember :D....still dont undertand why baba wont let me have a pet....

Was that suposed 2b a joke cos i found that funny:)

afriend
12-29-2005, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphire
lllloooolll...i had like three of them....i let my brother have them all and he killed them...so i brought him another one.....and he killed it... :(
Those things r so hard 2 take care of...but wen i gave 1 2 my lil sister...well it was living for a much longer time!!

LOL:coolious:

Blue_Moon
12-29-2005, 02:14 PM
haha they here called tamagotchi

Ra`eesah
12-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

yes and here they are.

:coolsis:

Far7an
12-29-2005, 02:44 PM

Once upon a time Far7an had some fish, some were small, a few were big. The big fish ate the small fish, the big fish got sick. Some say it was the cold water, others blame the anthrax. (damn terrorists!). Soon Far7an was only left with one gold fish, and that also died. It was actually alive, but we thought it had died, so we stopped feeding it, and because we stopped feeding it, it died.

I like Bro Mujahid's fish better, he knows how to treat pets MashaAllah.

A7med
12-29-2005, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an

Once upon a time Far7an had some fish, some were small, a few were big. The big fish ate the small fish, the big fish got sick. Some say it was the cold water, others blame the anthrax. (damn terrorists!). Soon Far7an was only left with one gold fish, and that also died. It was actually alive, but we thought it had died, so we stopped feeding it, and because we stopped feeding it, it died.

I like Bro Mujahid's fish better, he knows how to treat pets MashaAllah.
lol

or it might of been when u fed them ur hand.........:omg:

shanu
12-29-2005, 04:48 PM
Assalamu alaikum
In my opinion, i dont think its nt encouraged to keep pets in islam. In fact if u ask me, i would feel that there is reward in it. It is much better than leaving strays on da road, n see dem dying in some accident. Furthermore, by showing dem kindness, god will reward us. But, if u r da type tht has no time for these little guys, PLEASE do NOT keep them. If u cant love dem, just leave dem alone. Becos animals have feelings too, they r like kids n want to be loved, so dont let dem starve. The only think which i feel islam discourages is abuse to animals n neglecting dem. Imagine, if one day ur mom forgets to feed u :-\
Its like that with animals, thats y if u cant take care, DO NOT keep dem, just becos they look cute.They r nt dolls Another thing, which i wish to add, DO NOT cage animals! Especially birds. I let ma rabbits run arnd, n i make sure their little homes are big! Like an ugrade ;) n tok to dem as if they are humans.

[PIE][/PIE]
I shall show u an article that proves that islam doesnt discourage pets
There is nothing wrong, as far as Islam is concerned, in keeping animals for which there is no prohibition on keeping them (such as dogs and pigs). It is reported that some of the Prophet’s Companions (may Allah be pleased with them all) were in the habit of keeping animals for farming purposes or for fun and pleasure.

It is reported that Anas Ibn Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) had a young brother who had a nughayr (a small bird or nightingale). The bird died, and the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) noticed that the Anas’ younger brother was so sad and grieved, so he joked with him, and said to him words which implied approval of his keeping this bird. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said to him, “O Abu `Umayr, what happened to the nughayr?”

In another hadith, the Prophet (peace and blessings of be upon him) is reported to have stated that a woman is doomed to enter Hell because of a cat “which she neither fed nor let it eat from the vermin of the earth.”

It is clear from the above hadith that if the woman had fed the cat, she would have been spared from Hell.

It was also narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) was called so because of a cat, which used to accompany him.

Therefore, it becomes clear that keeping animals, so long as you do not neglect them, is something which is permitted and it may even be one of the means of earning reward, as the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said, “In every living being there is reward.”

:brother: :loving: :coolsis:

Sister Ilham
12-29-2005, 05:12 PM
I have a hamster an a rabbit
( used 2 have 2 rabbit's but 1 got stolen)
an now i wanna kitten inshallah

Blue_Moon
12-29-2005, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister Ilham
I have a hamster an a rabbit
( used 2 have 2 rabbit's but 1 got stolen)
an now i wanna kitten inshallah
:sl: i want a hamster badly[PIE]:sl: [/PIE]

Mujahideen
12-31-2005, 01:21 AM
ASW
if only u guys knew how it felt lyk. our cat had 3 kittens, then it had 4. now its expecting again. arghhhhhhhh. its taking ova ma house

My cats up for sale. i only accept debit cards

Shnizlle
12-31-2005, 07:28 PM
Hi salaams, i am new here...

I have 2 dogs, rotts...I know some people don't really like to keep dogs but i reallly love them soo much. They're such loyal (and quite silly) animals lol. I like the big dogs though...i wud never have a dog inside the house...that's so nasty...haha. Dogs could be quite dirty when they want to...but they're such nice pets!!

Halima
12-31-2005, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shnizlle
Hi salaams, i am new here...

I have 2 dogs, rotts...I know some people don't really like to keep dogs but i reallly love them soo much. They're such loyal (and quite silly) animals lol. I like the big dogs though...i wud never have a dog inside the house...that's so nasty...haha. Dogs could be quite dirty when they want to...but they're such nice pets!!

Yeah that's true. Besides that, its haraam to even play with dogs. (subhanallah).

The Prophet (peace be upon him) forbade keeping dogs as well as selling and buying them.

Ibn Qudâmah said in his book al-Mughnî (volume 4 page 281): “It is unlawful to keep dogs for other purposes than hunting, herding or farming”.

Therefore, a Muslim may not keep a dog except for a dire need such as protection if one’s house in a remote place away from other people. If a blind person needs to have a dog as a guide or for protection, then that would also be permissible.

A Muslim should not play with dogs. The saliva of a dog is impure (najas). The way to remove this impurity is to wash the affected are seven times, one time with dirt. It does not matter whether the contaminated area is a dish, an article of clothing, or the skin. A person who comes in contact with the saliva of a dog must purify the affected area correctly in order for him to be able to perform prayers.

www.islamtoday.com

Umu 'Isa
01-02-2006, 10:06 AM
heres a pic of my beautiful little kitty...
her name is nugget..
Attachment 621

Umm Safiya
01-02-2006, 12:02 PM

Aww mashâ'Allâh your kitty looks so cute.. :D

Well, we've had 2 rabbits, 2 cats, 3 of those

, 1 of this

, lots of fish, and now we have a dog.. :/
My parents aren't muslim, and they keep their dog for pleasure, not hunting or anything.. I've never wanted a dog, but now I got used to it and I'm really quite fond of him now.. This looks like him when he was younger ->

Is it wrong of me to like him.. I mean, I still keep my islamic duties, wash my clothes and skin when his nose and salvia(?) touches me.. And he likes me the best out of all the others in my family, 'cause I'm the one who treats him the best.. He is so happy when I come home.. Sometimes he pees on the floor, 'cause he gets so happy.. But he aint that old yet.. and I love to teach him stuff.. I've taught him all the things he know, like: sit, lie down, give paw (i dont know what its called), bark, search, wait, no, kiss (then he licks my hand, my friend taught her dog to lick her on her lips, but thats kinda nasty :S) dead, find the ball, up (the stairs), in the room (when we go down the stairs to my room, then he runs in my room) and lots of other stuff.. he is so cute.. mann i love him..

okay i'll stop now.. but, i know islamicly it aint the best to have a dog, and if i didnt live with my parents i wouldn't have a dog in the first place, so im not wrong for 'hanging out' with our dog, am i?

1m@@n
01-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Asalamoalaikum wr wb

Abbu Talha narrates, I heard Allah's Apostle salllallahu alayhe wasallam saying; "Angels (of mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a DOG or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)." (Sahih Bukhari)

Well I had a few gold fish when i was younger....skinny sparky, fat flipper, slither and a lil baby one called blitz baby...lolz dun ask bout the names...

anyway they all died...n i cried sooooooo much when i went out n burried them turn by turn in rain sunshine n even snow...anywayz my bro in law was like u shuda flushed em down the looo...ya Allah....

khair, no more godlfish for me...i get way to attatched!!!!

I quite like monkeys...awwww ive always wanted a lil baby monkey..guess it aint eva gna happen....

Walaikum Asalaam wr wb

Muezzin
01-04-2006, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister 1maan uk

I quite like monkeys...awwww ive always wanted a lil baby monkey..guess it aint eva gna happen....

Walaikum Asalaam wr wb
Just take Michael Jackson's. He's more into kids than chimps nowadays.

1m@@n
01-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Just take Michael Jackson's. He's more into kids than chimps nowadays.
hahahahahahaaaaaaaaa ** falls of chair in laughter **

**oopz**

Re.TiReD
01-05-2006, 03:21 PM
:sl: i had wo goldfish at one time- spikey and tiger- dont ask why!! lol anyway one day spikey decided to play dead (i think he thoght he was a different animal or something) anyway his acting was so real that i was thinking of enrolling him in drama schoolk except my brothers fell for it and fludhed him down the loo!!! *sob sob* and now tiger is all alone but inshallah i'll get him a friend soon!! :w:

Re.TiReD
01-05-2006, 03:22 PM
:sl: i had two goldfish at one time- spikey and tiger- dont ask why!! lol anyway one day spikey decided to play dead (i think he thoght he was a different animal or something) anyway his acting was so real that i was thinking of enrolling him in drama school except my brothers fell for it and flushed him down the loo!!! *sob sob* and now tiger is all alone but inshallah i'll get him a friend soon!! :w:

Adnan_Malik
01-05-2006, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dreamer
:sl: i had two goldfish at one time- spikey and tiger- dont ask why!! lol anyway one day spikey decided to play dead (i think he thoght he was a different animal or something) anyway his acting was so real that i was thinking of enrolling him in drama school except my brothers fell for it and flushed him down the loo!!! *sob sob* and now tiger is all alone but inshallah i'll get him a friend soon!! :w:
then how d'ya know he was alive if ur broz flushed him down da toilet thinking him dead? Did he come back and tell ya? lol

samina1
01-05-2006, 07:08 PM
wow mashallahhhhhhhhhhhhh.. i had alot od cats but whn we move to usa i left my cats n chickens afcrouse... but couple of month ago i had a pegon.. it was a he n i called him HURIRA.. I LoVE HIM ALOT.. HE USE TO WAKE US UP FOR MORNING NAMAZ N YES afcrouse he use to do namaz with me.. o my he was such a bless pet.. i loved him alot n i still love him... at da end he was stolen from me... some idiot chinez guy took it from me.. i dont knw hw he catch him but all i knw is tht he took him.. man i missed him n i still have a video record of him. during eid time last year... o well he is gone now but inshallah iam planin to get a cat soon inshallah...
oky thts my sad story..
o plz some1 cry with me here..
ma salam .
kudahafiz..

sumay28
01-05-2006, 07:18 PM
I used to have a dog named Jack-- had to get rid of him for obvious reasons. Poor Jack is going through separation anxiety.

I had a puppy named Johnny of the same breed.. "Jack Russell Terrier". I used to walk home from work and I saw him living in someone's backyard and he looked so... malnourished. So I asked the owner if I could have him and she gave him to me, AND she gave me 60 dollars for me to take him! (OKAY!) So I took him a bath, and noticed he was bleeding when I would touch him. He had ticks ALLLLLLLLL over his body. Immediately I went back and told the lady if I can keep him in her backyard. I went back there the next day with a tick comb, some shampoo, and I washed him all up and took out all the ticks-- one by one. When I was tick free, I took him home to rehabilitate him because he was very skinny. I found a new owner for him and I heard he became plump and happy! Then he got hit by a car a month later.

I used to have an Iguana named "T-Bone"-- got rid of him too..

I used to have a fish named "Angel"-- poor fish passed on.. I had some other fish too, who had passed on due to fish-neglect.. To this day I still feel guilty. Astufirallah

I had a scorpian... I forgot his name-- Well, see... I was feeding him a mouse, and the mouse and him got into a pretty entertaining fight. Finally they made up, and ended up sleeping together. The next morning, the mouse got hungry and knawed at the scorpians stinger. So the scorpian's stinger became paralyzed and eventually he died. And the mouse... I set him free. He was a true soul-ja

Now.. I want a cat. I love animals. Insha allah I'll be able to adopt a cat from a shelter when I find the means.

Sis_ReNa
01-05-2006, 07:47 PM
we have 3 dogs, 7 cats, 1 horse, 3 goats, chicken and ducks, and a wild rabbit that comes when called her chicken chicken.
children dont could right LOL no i didnt think so
salam walakum

so0x0xsweet
02-17-2006, 01:18 AM
i have a pet, well i dont kno how much of a pet it is, its name is half dead fred, and it is a gold fish

julie sarri
02-27-2006, 02:31 PM
:sl: yes i have a ca:w: :sister: t

khadijah06
02-27-2006, 05:29 PM

Yes i also have a cat :love:

The Ruler
02-27-2006, 06:50 PM

well....we had a little kitten....but well ma dad didnt like it....he was sort of allergic...so we sent it bak to its owner....i miss it soooo much :offended: althou i neva piked it up or cuddled it cuz it jus gav me da creeps...it was a blak 1 :)

smile
02-28-2006, 04:35 PM
No pets, but a stray cat sometimes come to our house

MetSudaisTwice
02-28-2006, 04:36 PM
salam
had a pet in bangladesh, it wa a kitten, a a light brown one
wasalam

snakelegs
03-01-2006, 04:15 AM
hehe
i have 10 snakes, some geckos, 5 tarantulas and 2 scorpions

1m@@n
03-01-2006, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
hehe
i have 10 snakes, some geckos, 5 tarantulas and 2 scorpions
urmm r u serious??

whats a gecko?

woah i feel itchy jus finkn bout the snakes n tarantulaz!!! **arghhhh**

ur kiddn ryt? i mean what if 1 of ur 10 snakes pullz a 007 n sumhow eats ur tarantulas?? lolz...

snakelegs
03-02-2006, 01:12 AM
yes, i am perfectly serious.
geckos are small lizards - the ones i have are from the southern california deserts. they eat crickets.
the scorpions i have actually were born in my house. there are a lot of different kinds, but mine are from the desert cuz i live near there. they are the simplest to take care of than any animal i know of. the tarantulas are also easy.
the snakes eat mice. i don't have any venemous species.
there is something about keeping animals that are real different than humans. first you realize they are not as different as you thought. another neat thing is that unlike dogs or cats, you can't tell yourself that they love you dearly. they could care less!
anyway, i like these "strange" critters. can you tell? guess that makes me somewhat a strange critter myself lol.

nihma333
03-02-2006, 02:00 AM
I have fish... and a lot of them might I add. They are situated in various parts of my house, so there are like fishes in almost every room.

peace,
Naimah

cleo
03-02-2006, 03:18 AM
I have a cat, named Ivan, the terrible, he is a tree climbing Tabby, but sadly I had to have his claws trimmed, so he can't climb anymore.
I also have a little Yorkie, my buddy, he is my body guard. He weights 8 LBS, but he growls like a big beast. I love all animals, and I wish everyone would think of them as a blessing to man. Allah provides..

Issa
03-02-2006, 03:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumay28
I used to have a dog named Jack-- had to get rid of him for obvious reasons. Poor Jack is going through separation anxiety.

I had a puppy named Johnny of the same breed.. "Jack Russell Terrier". I used to walk home from work and I saw him living in someone's backyard and he looked so... malnourished. So I asked the owner if I could have him and she gave him to me, AND she gave me 60 dollars for me to take him! (OKAY!) So I took him a bath, and noticed he was bleeding when I would touch him. He had ticks ALLLLLLLLL over his body. Immediately I went back and told the lady if I can keep him in her backyard. I went back there the next day with a tick comb, some shampoo, and I washed him all up and took out all the ticks-- one by one. When I was tick free, I took him home to rehabilitate him because he was very skinny. I found a new owner for him and I heard he became plump and happy! Then he got hit by a car a month later.

I used to have an Iguana named "T-Bone"-- got rid of him too..

I used to have a fish named "Angel"-- poor fish passed on.. I had some other fish too, who had passed on due to fish-neglect.. To this day I still feel guilty. Astufirallah

I had a scorpian... I forgot his name-- Well, see... I was feeding him a mouse, and the mouse and him got into a pretty entertaining fight. Finally they made up, and ended up sleeping together. The next morning, the mouse got hungry and knawed at the scorpians stinger. So the scorpian's stinger became paralyzed and eventually he died. And the mouse... I set him free. He was a true soul-ja

Now.. I want a cat. I love animals. Insha allah I'll be able to adopt a cat from a shelter when I find the means.

OH MY!!! Do scorpions really eat mice?! EWWWW

Issa
03-02-2006, 03:57 AM
Salaamz all,

I love dogs (big ones)! I used to have a great dane and a small terrior(this was before I converted). My ex-husband got them and I took the kids, lol. Their names are Grace and Sisco. They are sooo sweet. I am sad I am not allowed to have a house dog because I am allergic to cats. Maybe I will get a bird...

snakelegs
03-02-2006, 08:03 AM
is it outright forbidden in islam to have a dog?

bezimany 071
03-04-2006, 04:56 PM
inshaallah i want to get myself a bengal cat.......they are so pretty i love cats

Kittygyal
03-04-2006, 04:57 PM
awww that's soooooo cute bro...

av gt 7 cat's 1 dog and 2 puppy's

take care

nihma333
03-04-2006, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=bezimany 071;200357]inshaallah i want to get myself a bengal cat.......they are so pretty i love cats

Mhmm... I like bengal tigers better, but begal cats are beautiful aswell.:giggling:

Peace, Naimah

Rabi'ya
03-05-2006, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

I got a cat :playing: :playing:

Shes a lazy thing, thinks she owns the house, walks around like shes a Queen.....

shes recently started to refuse to drink froma saucer and will only drink from a glass on the table lmao!!

my cat died approx one month ago - she had a really bad haemorage in her brain and the vet put her down :yawn: :'( :yawn:

Kittygyal
03-05-2006, 04:04 PM
my cat died approx one month ago - she had a really bad haemorage in her brain and the vet put her down :yawn: :'( :yawn:

don't wori av gt 7 cats i'll gve u 1 :happy:

take care

Rabi'ya
03-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Thats kind of u sis - but no other cat can replace my cat:(

Kittygyal
03-05-2006, 04:44 PM
oh god bless dn't wori...

btw don't u av any uda pets?

take care

Rabi'ya
03-05-2006, 05:13 PM
i havent got any other pets - (just my husband ;) ) lol

my brothers got some gerbils and fish but i havent :(

someone...
02-05-2008, 08:22 PM
i dont have a pet or want a pet

Moon*Light
02-05-2008, 08:22 PM

I have an African grey parrot, and 4 canaries :D

Whatsthepoint
08-16-2008, 09:47 PM
I had a hamster, but he died......

Tania
08-16-2008, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I had a hamster, but he died......
They live so little and when you think how much comfort can they bring. I am very very sorry.

Camomilla
08-16-2008, 11:02 PM
I have a cat that loves to be cuddled :)
I would love to get the larger breeds such as Maine Coon.

Maine Coon :thumbs_up

Camomilla
08-16-2008, 11:05 PM

Sorry to hear that sis....
How old was your cat?

crayon
08-16-2008, 11:51 PM
First thing I'm going to do when I get my own place is get a cat.
I love cats.
My dad doesn't.
Therefore I am and have always been- cat-less.
:(

fatima_01
08-17-2008, 12:24 AM
aww we used to hav a cat and a rabbit they were both called snowy lol they were both full white (we were such umimagninitive kids:p) . they were so sweet they actually used to get along once my rabbit was in the middle of the road abt to get squashed nd the cat quickly went and saved it now thats wat u called true friends lol they wer real cute i want a kitten and a parrot my folks wnt let me have either so i just hav 2 wait till i move out :'(

MuJaHiDa_AnIyAh
08-17-2008, 03:57 AM
That looks like one MEAN cat ;) :D

A bit of a side question, are pets Islamically permissable? I was under the impression that only things like guide dogs and guard dogs were allowed.
Asalamu Alaikum Wa Rahamthullahi Wa Barakathu!

~Bismillah~

In regards to weather we can have pets mainly dogs is a big contraversal... some will say that it is haram and some say it is ok as long as they animal resides in a separate area of the home such as the backyard etc...
I personally have not been confronted with a surah in the Quran that says that i must NOT have a dog.. Hence why there is so much opinions on this... Brothers and sisters need to stop saying somthing is Haram when Allah swt NEVER said it was... for this is a great sin...and the Prophet saw as well as the people in the cave had a dog.. a huskie type of Dog... Allahu Alam..

May We All Be Guided To The Right Path Aameen!

Your sister in Islam
Mujahida of Allah
~Aniyah~

Tania
08-18-2008, 11:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuJaHiDa_AnIyAh
Hence why there is so much opinions on this... Brothers and sisters need to stop saying somthing is Haram when Allah swt NEVER said it was... for this is a great sin...and the Prophet saw as well as the people in the cave had a dog.. a huskie type of Dog... Allahu Alam..[/I]
Very objective post and i agreed with it. Dogs are very clean animals and very loyals.

MartyrX
08-18-2008, 02:28 PM
I have many animals in my home.

4 Firebelly Toads
2 Red-Thick Tail Scorpions
2 Deathstalker Scorpions
1 Bearded Dragon
1 Pac Man Frog
1 Rosy Boa
1 Smooth Green Snake
And yes I have a dog. An English Bulldog named Yoda.

Tania
08-18-2008, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
And yes I have a dog. An English Bulldog named Yoda.
The dog is not scared by snakes :?

MartyrX
08-19-2008, 12:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
The dog is not scared by snakes :?
The snakes are actually very small and they never leave their cages.

Patience7
08-19-2008, 12:56 AM
I have a parrot...but would like to have cats too (mum doesn't like them) someday:), they r soo cute

MuslimahBarb
08-19-2008, 01:26 AM

We have 2 cats, 3 dogs & 6 fish. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!