/* */

PDA

View Full Version : you guys are cool

PRISONERofJOY12
12-26-2005, 10:23 PM
I would like to compliment you people , on your practices of confessing God, praying five times daily, giving to the poor, keeping a month-long fast, perceiving yallselves as pilgrims, and even striving (jihada) on the "way of God."

never knew the Quran bears surprising witness to Jesus. It affirms His virgin birth, His ability to heal and raise the dead, that He is both a word from God and a spirit from God, that He is the Messiah an all-righteous one (sinless), among those nearest to God, that He is alive in heaven now and will return to judge the earth (Quran 3:45, 49; 4:158; 82:22). :coolious: :peace:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
12-26-2005, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PRISONERofJOY12
I would like to compliment you people , on your practices of confessing God, praying five times daily, giving to the poor, keeping a month-long fast, perceiving yallselves as pilgrims, and even striving (jihada) on the "way of God."

never knew the Quran bears surprising witness to Jesus. It affirms His virgin birth, His ability to heal and raise the dead, that He is both a word from God and a spirit from God, that He is the Messiah an all-righteous one (sinless), among those nearest to God, that He is alive in heaven now and will return to judge the earth (Quran 3:45, 49; 4:158; 82:22). :coolious: :peace:
:sl:

My Allah Guide You

Shadow
12-26-2005, 10:30 PM

thank you

:)

sapphire
12-26-2005, 10:44 PM
thank you!!!!may Allah guide you and show you the straight path!!!!!Inshallah!!!!(god willing)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
12-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Greetings,

lol yes may Allah guide you :)

Whatever it takes to bring upon the pleasure of Allah
How simple can the religion of Islam be, He has not asked us to bring forth to Him the world, just to maintain our Islamic duties and that we will indeed turn to him in the end.

and thanx for ur debates they were interesting
if u still have some confusion about anything in Islam
plz do feel free to ask and inshallah well further explain

peace

Khaldun
12-26-2005, 10:49 PM

I'm glad you find it this way. I would like to urge you to read the Quran, in particular the Chapter entitled Maryam (chapter number 19) and the Chapter entitled Family of Imran (chapter number 3) as a christian you might be suprised at the similarites.

Muhammad
12-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Greetings,

Thankyou for your compliments :). I hope you have seen how the Bible and the Qur'an share similar beliefs. I thank you for taking the time to learn about Islam and asking questions, and I hope you will continue to learn more i the future.

Please feel free to clear up any misconceptions with us, may Allaah guide you, Aameen.

Peace.

- Qatada -
12-26-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey..

Thats the first time a member of another faith has ever done that, and its surprising so thanks. :)

Like bro Khaldun said:

you can check the following chapters of the qur'an, which link in with Jesus, and Mary (peace be upon them.)

Chapter 19 (Mary, peace be upon her and her beloved family.)

Chapter 3 (Family of Imran - related to Mary, peace be upon her and her beloved family.)

You can make this forum your second home, because our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) allowed christians to live within the holy mosque in Medinah, so please keep visiting.

Check the biography of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) too, and you'll realise the characteristics between Muhammad (peace be upon him) and Jesus (peace be upon him.) They both even came from the same ancestor Abraham (peace be upon him.) :)

Biography of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him.)

Hope you have a longer, more enjoyable stay here, and may Allaah the Most Beneficial, the Most Merciful guide us all.

Thanks again.

PRISONERofJOY12
12-26-2005, 11:13 PM
thank you again, I will :)

I would also like to tell you how I became a christian if that is ok with you guys?
:-\

I heard that you guys in ways are similar to christianity.. they have different parts to it.. like for Christians we have baptist, lutheran(spelling ) ect.

Muezzin
12-26-2005, 11:25 PM
thank you again, I will :)

I would also like to tell you how I became a christian if that is ok with you guys?
:-\

I heard that you guys in ways are similar to christianity.. they have different parts to it.. like for Christians we have baptist, lutheran(spelling ) ect.
Well, all major religions have sects.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy your stay :)

Tasneem
12-26-2005, 11:34 PM

Well thank u very much!:peace: :sister:
That was very kind of u
May god guide u to islam inshallah:peace:

:coolsis: :peace:

PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 12:56 AM
I got a question.... what are the different parts of the muslims religion... like christianity is baptist, luthern, and ect.

azim
12-27-2005, 01:05 AM
I got a question.... what are the different parts of the muslims religion... like christianity is baptist, luthern, and ect.
Islam only had one major schism which happened very early on in Islam's history.

The mainstream, and largest group is called Sunni.

The second group, (around 20% of muslims globally) are called Shia's. Found mainly in Iran.

The split is partly political, partly theological. It is very hard to summise as it requires a large amount of background knowledge of Islamic history and also, the differences, though at the root political and theological, are quite a long list.

Within Sunni Islam, it is 'possible' to argue thers another sect, called Sufi's, known as Islamic mystics (found mainly in Turkey). The Sufi's dont really follow different beliefs than any other Sunnis, they simply have a different way of doing things.

Those who are not familiar with Islam sometimes say Sunni Islam has four branches, known as madhabs. Madhab is a 'school of thought' and is simply different interpretation on what the Prophet meant in certain situations and what the Quran meant in certain ayah's etc... It is mainly to do with law and juriprudence. For example, the rules of divorce, inheritance, marriage. These are not sects however, as the beliefs are exactly the same. The differences are extremely tiny and lay in the nitty-gritty of the religion.

Hope that is clear.

PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 01:30 AM
do you know who most of yall are on this forum?
Shia or Sunni

Snowflake
12-27-2005, 01:26 PM

May God's blessings and guidance be with you. Ameen

sapphire
12-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Ameen thumma Ameen!!!!!May Allah guide you to the straight path inshallah....and show you the beauty of deen!!!!

Rabi'ya
12-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Ameen...sister sapphire, beautiful duaa, mashallah

:)

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-27-2005, 07:36 PM
that [Jesus] is alive in heaven now and will return to judge the earth
Where does it say in the Qur'an that he will return to judge the earth? This is a complete fabrication.

SunniMuslimah
12-28-2005, 10:01 AM
It isnt in Qur'an that J. is going to judge the earth, it is in hadiths, or saying of prophet Muhammad.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
:) To know about Islam in general:
http://itolerance.4t.com/

:) To know about the 20 Most Common Questions about ISLAM:
http://20questions.4t.com/

Thank you prisoner of Joy for your nice words, i hope that you spread them among your fellow Christians esp. those who have some misconceptions about Muslims. That would be great :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
:) To know about Islam in general:
http://itolerance.4t.com/

:) To know about the 20 Most Common Questions about ISLAM:
http://20questions.4t.com/

lyesh
12-28-2005, 10:08 AM

Thankyou! May Allah guide you to the straight path and give you the light of Islam. Amein!

Nawal89
12-28-2005, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Where does it say in the Qur'an that he will return to judge the earth? This is a complete fabrication.
arent there hadeeths mentioning Jesus's (alaihissalam)return to earth, in where he will slay the dajjal and stuff? I cant recall it being mentioned anywhere in the Qur'an this moment but i'm sure about the hadeeth. :coolsis:

Silver Pearl
12-28-2005, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
arent there hadeeths mentioning Jesus's (alaihissalam)return to earth, in where he will slay the dajjal and stuff? I cant recall it being mentioned anywhere in the Qur'an this moment but i'm sure about the hadeeth. :coolsis:
:sl: warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

You're right that Isa ibn maryam (as) would come to defeat messiah ad-dajjal but he will not come to judge us, that is the part akh Ansar was referring to as fabrication, (Correct me if i'm mistaken brother).

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-29-2005, 12:29 AM
Sister Silver Pearl is correct; I was referring to the judging part.

:w:

Danish
12-29-2005, 12:33 AM
ty :) very kind of u
never knew the Quran bears surprising witness to Jesus. It affirms His virgin birth, His ability to heal and raise the dead, that He is both a word from God and a spirit from God, that He is the Messiah an all-righteous one (sinless), among those nearest to God, that He is alive in heaven now and will return to judge the earth (Quran 3:45, 49; 4:158; 82:22).
yep, i said that many times before...but no jesus is not god in islam

Umm Yoosuf
12-29-2005, 06:38 PM

Hi,

Wow i am suprised!

Verily Allah guides whomever He wishes to His light.

May Allah giude.

ummAbdillah
12-30-2005, 11:48 PM
salaam (peace)
thank you :)
may god guide you to islam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.