/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Movies (dvd's & vcr tapes)

Rabbiyah
12-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Salam alaikum
We were thinking about getting rid of all our movies (non-islamic) that we watch to entertain ourselves you know to give ourselves a new start What is your suggestion? Should we go cold turkey and sell everything?:-\ :confused:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabbiyah
12-27-2005, 01:07 AM
Salam alaikum
Woow I'm not trying to sell anything on this site or am i misunderstanding the reply
Hello I'm asking for advice here did I log onto the wrong thread again?

Tasneem
12-27-2005, 01:12 AM
Yes-Me and my family stopped watching t.v completley a year ago
Me and my sister took the t.v out,got a hammer and broom
Went to the garbage in the back of our house
And BANG!smashed the t.v and it broke
It felt good
We were so upset
My father always says the t.v as shaitans written all over it
But yeh get rid of the t.v or 4 starters fet rid of the non-islamic movies
Block out the music this is what me and my family did and then we slowly stopped

SaLaMz

*charisma*
12-27-2005, 01:13 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

i think the bro is trying to raise his post count..
Bro Islam_Man plz refrain from going off topic in other threads and trying to raise ur post count in this manner, it could get you banned, jazak Allah

and sis Rabbiyah
i think its a really gud idea for u to be doing this inshallah,
u can use the money to buy more beneficial stuff :) just make sure ur selling it right, u know what i mean like ur not promoting the movies lol

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tasneem
12-27-2005, 01:18 AM
Oh no!
Do not sell the tapes
if u do this it could be a sin on u
Everytime they watch the movies
throw them away destroy them
if u sell them u are propmoting other ppl.to do evil

SaLaMz

Rabbiyah
12-27-2005, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

i think the bro is trying to raise his post count..
Bro Islam_Man plz refrain from going off topic in other threads and trying to raise ur post count in this manner, it could get you banned, jazak Allah

and sis Rabbiyah
i think its a really gud idea for u to be doing this inshallah,
u can use the money to buy more beneficial stuff :) just make sure ur selling it right, u know what i mean like ur not promoting the movies lol

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Salam Oh My that is so corny lol to do that just to raise post count I can't stop laughing:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
well any way we were thinking to use the money towards our new home Insha allah but what about knowing about what's going on around you as far as having the tv for the news?

*charisma*
12-27-2005, 01:47 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

well any way we were thinking to use the money towards our new home Insha allah but what about knowing about what's going on around you as far as having the tv for the news?
I think tv becomes haraam when u use it to watch haraam things...
but i will double check inshallah, ill look up a hadith or fatwa on it :)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Rabbiyah
12-27-2005, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun
Oh no!
Do not sell the tapes

SaLaMz
Salam Alaikum
WEll :sister: we did spend money on those dvd and tape and I know I won't get much of a profit We would actual sell it to a store where they sell used dvd's & ect.:)

saadali
12-27-2005, 01:50 AM
aa
get rid of tv? if u use tv in a good way...isnt it ok? as in i watch islam channel a lot...wts the point of breakin it like

*charisma*
12-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Rulings on watching t.v.

And Allah subhana wa ta'ala knows best :)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

*charisma*
12-27-2005, 02:14 AM
Assalamu Alaikum
aa
get rid of tv? if u use tv in a good way...isnt it ok? as in i watch islam channel a lot...wts the point of breakin it like
As long as none of the programs you watch dont break the shari'ah law it is ok.

Televisions and its like, such as screens of computers, that display numerous programs are not haram in themselves, but what is haram is showing programs that go against the shari`ah, such as showing women who are dressed and undressed, the drinking of alcohol, relations of love and intimacy that are against the shari`ah, and singing that is accompanied by haram music. Showing all of these things is haram and so is looking at them.

As for programs that don’t contain any of these forbidden things, it is not haram to show them, nor to look at that them, especially if there is religious benefit in it, such as lessons from the sirah and the like. Or even if there is worldly benefit such as programs about culture and thought that have a purpose. It is best for a Muslim to act with wisdom as much as he can to keep his children from being attached to the television, because it is obvious that its evil is widespread and its corruption is far worse than its benefits and that most of it is not free of the haram.

What could be worse for Muslims and their homes than television? For the limits of its evil are not just showing morally depraved pictures, but rather it carries something very dangerous for the youth and others which cultivates blameworthy character and belittles the gravity of disobedience by way of showing things like television series [s. such as sitcoms, soap operas and reality shows] and western and eastern movies. And Allah is the helper and only through Him is success for the best of states, Glorious is He.
source

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Snowflake
12-27-2005, 02:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun
Oh no!
Do not sell the tapes

SaLaMz

WEll done sis!!! Exactly what I was going to say. You do not want to give what is haram to others, lest the sin falls on you. Have a big bonfire, roast some potatoes, make a celebration of of getting rid of something haraam. Umm ok I just like bonfires... the dustbin will do just as well :sister:

Rabbiyah
12-27-2005, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

As long as none of the programs you watch dont break the shari'ah law it is ok.

source

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Salms :sister: charisma shuqan for taking time to research and explaining that to me IT's a shame that I think i really should have known better I really need to focus more on our religion I think my path to guidance would be better undrstood for me I appreciate your time :peace: :loving: my :sister: in ISLAM:)

Muezzin
12-27-2005, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabbiyah
Salam alaikum
We were thinking about getting rid of all our movies (non-islamic) that we watch to entertain ourselves you know to give ourselves a new start What is your suggestion? Should we go cold turkey and sell everything?:-\ :confused:
Either sell it all, or give it to a charity shop.

solid_snake
12-27-2005, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabbiyah
Salam alaikum
send them to me!!!

Rabbiyah
12-28-2005, 01:20 AM
:salambox:
format_quote Originally Posted by solid_snake
send them to me!!!
:brother: ha ha ha u so funny :)

hasib
12-29-2005, 05:04 AM
:sl:

Have a garage sale :D or give it away to someone or best idea get a box put all the stuff inside, tape it shut and throw it in the attic/basement along with the other junk and thats that :D!!!

:w:

asma2
12-29-2005, 09:26 AM
well sis you stopped watching tv but i can,t the idea of not watching tv around my head.anyway how did you stop it maybe i can use the same way

Jasmines
12-29-2005, 12:33 PM
vcds are bad for our imaams...but many muslims are fighting tooth & nail to watch it. waiting for a reality drama series that shows who among the fighting muslims wins... at least we send them our regards. Peace !

so0x0xsweet
02-17-2006, 01:30 AM
if thats what u feel u have 2 do go for it.. me .. nope i love movies to much.. that and some popcorn are the perfect things for a rainy day..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.