/* */

PDA

View Full Version : reason for the my believing

PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 01:16 AM
well lets see... I used to play a game called Gunman Chronicles at the time I wasn't really into religion.. I was probally like those who never cared much about it.. then one day God made it possible for me to meet this guy in the online game.. he told me of his forum " http://tribforce.proboards26.com/index.cgi " so I went to it and I read there truth bored and they were talking about evolution vrs. creation.. and it made me think heavily on it so I decided to go to my church I attended at the time and get baptized ( in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit ).. at first I was kind of not sure if I was worthy of being a Christian since I had this addiction.. ( let me take the time to tell you that I was failing my classes btw and I had this addiction. ).. if you guys want to know I will tell you...
well then school ended for the summer and my dad tells me I had to go to church camp I am like NOOOO... my freedom as been lost... I never attended sunday school.. I did not know anyone there... well then I go to church camp and well surprisingly people were nice to me.. nothing like school where people would make fun of me.. I felt welcomed very much welcomed there... during that whole week I did not do my addiction so I thought I had stopped it.. but then I got home from camp and I ended up doing the addiction.. so then I pray ( in the name of the Father and ending in the name of the Son ) and well the next day I don't do it but then the day after that I do it agian.. and I am very worried now I have this addiction I feel really bad about.. so agian I pray ( in my shower again.. praid the same way ) and the next day I don't do it and since I have been sober...

it has been 6 months since I did the addiction I had for nearly 3 years... I definately know God has forgiven me for it..and I am passing in school.. I started attending sunday school now.. and wednesday night church.. I have friends...
I am a very nervous person all the time.. when I am walking in school I always get this thought that people are talking about me how I walk.. so I start walking wierd..I feel like.. but after school I always go to my church and when I walk in the building I feel that whieght literally lifted off of me...

thank you..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
12-27-2005, 01:32 AM
Greetings

if u dont mind me asking, what religion were u before u converted to christianity??

I am a very nervous person all the time.. when I am walking in school I always get this thought that people are talking about me how I walk.. so I start walking wierd..I feel like.. but after school I always go to my church and when I walk in the building I feel that whieght literally lifted off of me...
i used to be like that, then alhemdulilah ive realized i honestly dont care what ppl think of me, because their opinion of me doesnt matter especially when they dont know me. Just care about what God thinks of you and thats all that really matters. :)

and also if u dont mind me asking, what do u think of Islam so far??

peace

PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 01:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Greetings

if u dont mind me asking, what religion were u before u converted to christianity??

and also if u dont mind me asking, what do u think of Islam so far??

peace
I wasn't part of any religion group at all.. yes I attended church but that didn't make me a christian..

I think islam is cool.. unlike christians.. muslims are good at keeping the law of God.. and its in that law where we fail..
As Paul wrote: the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life(1 Cor. 3:6).
which we believe being good 49% of the time is good as James writes: For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it (James 2:10). Pauls words in (Romans 3:20): Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather through the law we become conscious of sin. also in Galatians 3:24: The law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith (Gal. 3:24).

*charisma*
12-27-2005, 02:25 AM
Greetings

I think islam is cool.. unlike christians.. muslims are good at keeping the law of God.. and its in that law where we fail..
We hear and obey alhemdulilah..

Is there anything that you dont agree with in the christain beliefs?

and if you dont think that the Christains follow the law of God, but agree that Islam and Christianity are very similar to some degree, why not convert to Islam instead, especially when the Bible has been corrupted over the years?

also, is the main reason that you are a christain, because you feel that you have to be for the purpose that you believe Jesus has sacrificed his life and a lot of pain for the peoples love and belief in him as a God and to cleanse their sins for them through his love?

im not opening a debate, honest, im just curious :) i wud like to strengthen my knowledge on my religion so that i may be able to further understand other religion's perspectives upon Islam..so i apoligize if these are too many questions lol..

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 03:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Greetings

Is there anything that you dont agree with in the christain beliefs?

and if you dont think that the Christains follow the law of God, but agree that Islam and Christianity are very similar to some degree, why not convert to Islam instead, especially when the Bible has been corrupted over the years?

also, is the main reason that you are a christain, because you feel that you have to be for the purpose that you believe Jesus has sacrificed his life and a lot of pain for the peoples love and belief in him as a God and to cleanse their sins for them through his love?

im not opening a debate, honest, im just curious :) i wud like to strengthen my knowledge on my religions so that i may be able to further understand other religion's perspectives upon Islam..so i apoligize if these are too many questions lol..

peace
it's hard giving up something that you are so ocustom to.. I mean I am not a christian because I was force to be but because I choose to be.. if you ever seen the movie "Titanic" which I still can't believe it is pg-13... with the profanity in it... but at the end of it she is like never let go jack...or something like that...

I am a Christian because I do believe... after me studying and reading the Bible ( not the whole Bible )... I learned that it makes since.. though agian the law things.. it some degrees it is hard following the laws..so I guess that is my other reason why I don't want to convert.. and other is that some nights when I am reading or I hear a christian song on days that I feel broken hearted.. like right now I am listening to "dc talk-- what if I stumble" if you can listen to it sometimes.. but when listening to those types of songs I feel like the fire that I had in me suddenly went down into flames.. it is a good feeling.. the most wonderful feeling I can have... better than sinning.. I believe.. I am not saying I sin to make me feel good nooo.. I sin on accident.. I don't want to be a sinner.. but it is apart of me of course. I can't take that away.. I lied once which makes me a liar.. but the feeling agian is so good... thanks for asking... :coolious: :peace:

if anyone has aim... add me its my name PRISONEROFJOY...

*charisma*
12-27-2005, 03:20 AM
Greetings,

your welcome,

yea it is impossible for someone to be sinless, but the only reason that u reject Islam is cuz its hard??

believe it or not i think its much easier than other religions :)
besides Islam is the second largest religion next to christianity, but you would have a lot of brothers and sisters of different backgrounds and race to help you.

Allah is so merciful, He multiplies rewards, but sin is only considered as one each time. Also, in Islam we believe that every person was born as a muslim until their parent's change their faith, they are also born sinless. When someone converts, they dont need to be baptized with water or anything like that, they simply need to say the shahada (declaring that you believe in the Oneness of Allah and that Muhammed was the final prophet and messenger) then u take a shower lol....

He who follows a path in quest of knowledge, Allaah will make the path of Paradise easy for him. The angels lower their wings over the seeker of knowledge, being pleased with what he does. The inhabitants of the Heavens and the earth, and even the fish in the depth of the oceans seek forgiveness for him...
Abu Daawood & Tirmithi

peace

If you read parts of the Quran and some hadiths, even the Prophet's life (peace be upon him) it would make you cry.

PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 03:35 AM
yeah.. I read this one passage in the Bible that literally made me cry

Mark 14:31

32They went to a place called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, "Sit here while I pray." 33He took Peter, James and John along with him, and he began to be deeply distressed and troubled. 34"My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death," he said to them. "Stay here and keep watch."
35Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. 36"Abba,[e] Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."

37Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Simon," he said to Peter, "are you asleep? Could you not keep watch for one hour? 38Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

39Once more he went away and prayed the same thing. 40When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy. They did not know what to say to him.

41Returning the third time, he said to them, "Are you still sleeping and resting? Enough! The hour has come. Look, the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. 42Rise! Let us go! Here comes my betrayer!"

to me this showed that Jesus was also human...and that His friend basicly betrayed him.. omgosh it brought tears to my eyes when I read it...

*charisma*
12-27-2005, 03:49 AM
Greetings,

If you liked that, then you would probably like the story of Noah and his ark and the story of Yusif which is soo beautiful subhanallah :)

If you would like me to post them, i can do so inshallah or i can even give u just a brief synopsis on them.

peace

PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 04:07 AM
go ahead

Muhammad
12-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Greetings,

Thankyou PrisonerofJoy for posting your story about how you converted to Christianity, it was very interesting to read :).

I am a Christian because I do believe... after me studying and reading the Bible ( not the whole Bible )... I learned that it makes since.. though agian the law things.. it some degrees it is hard following the laws..so I guess that is my other reason why I don't want to convert..
Since you have seen that the Bible and the Qur'an are similar in many ways, why don't you try reading the Qur'an too and seeing how you feel about it?
You can order it free from the internet - here are some sites:

http://freequran.org/ (free if you are in USA)
http://www.islamtomorrow.com/everything/freequran.asp (can be downloaded aswell - check out site aswell, it's run by a former Christian priest!)

and other is that some nights when I am reading or I hear a christian song on days that I feel broken hearted.. like right now I am listening to "dc talk-- what if I stumble" if you can listen to it sometimes.. but when listening to those types of songs I feel like the fire that I had in me suddenly went down into flames.. it is a good feeling.. the most wonderful feeling I can have...
Have you ever tried listening to the Qur'an? Translations can never convey its beauty in speech in entirety; nor eloquence and melodious tranquility- try these for some tasters :coolious: :
http://quran.islamway.com/mishary1424/025.mp3
http://quran.islamway.com/matrood/017.ram
http://quran.islamway.com/abmuhsen/009.ram
http://is.aswatalislam.net/DisplayFi...ion(CD_Quality) (ENGLISH TRANSLATION - Choose from any of the chapters of the Qur'an)

Peace :).

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-27-2005, 11:57 AM
For an alternative perspective on Christianity:
http://voiceforislam.com/WhyIamNotAChristian.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.