/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allah is in America

dsfas
12-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Ok, if you live in America then why is it that you still say allah? Here in the United States of America we speak a language called english, where we say "God."

Why is it that you say that allah = God but you call them two different things?

Why is it that you support the idea that allah and God are the same, but then you reject the fact that Jesus is God?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marias
12-27-2005, 09:06 AM
:sl: :)
the translation of God is Allah,so what is the problem??????
:w:

dsfas
12-27-2005, 09:12 AM
No no no, I think you misunderstood. I know that it translates as God. Why don't you say God though? Why do you call Him allah instead of God?

F.Y.
12-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Hello dsfas!

So why do we not just say 'God'? Well, we believe Allah is the proper name for God. You see, in English, God can be pluralised (e.g. Godfather/mother, godchild, Gods, goddess etc etc - we see this as blasphemy.). 'Allah' - is a genderless term, which cannot be pluralised - it means 'The One God'. We believe in One God,who is almighty, Islam is a monotheistic religion. So it it preferred we use the word Allah, instead of a word 'God' which can be manipulated.

However, it does not matter what language you speak and how you say 'God' - God understands all languages. For example, the French say 'Dieu'. That does not mean they worship another God, that is simply the language that is familiar to them, and that is what they say.
Did you know that even Arab Christians use the word 'Allah'?
Jesus used the words "Eli" in aramaic, which is a fairly close resemblance to 'Allah' which is arabic.

Why do we reject the idea that Jesus is God? We believe Jesus was a Prophet sent by God, like Moses was a Prophet, sent by God. If you want to know more about why we do not believe in Jesus as God but as a great Prophet, there is an interesting discussion you are welcome to join, right here. http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...e-trinity.html

Hope that helps.
Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
12-27-2005, 10:02 AM
salam alaikum
very good answer bro F.Y. masha'Allah

Abdul Fattah
12-27-2005, 03:41 PM
salam alaikum
very good answer bro F.Y. masha'Allah
Lol
The gender says F.Y. is a sister.
But a nice respons indeed.

TruthComesFirst
12-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Again the truth overcomes falshood, as it always did and will insha Allah...

PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y.
Hello dsfas!

So why do we not just say 'God'? Well, we believe Allah is the proper name for God. You see, in English, God can be pluralised (e.g. Godfather/mother, godchild, Gods, goddess etc etc - we see this as blasphemy.). 'Allah' - is a genderless term, which cannot be pluralised - it means 'The One God'. We believe in One God,who is almighty, Islam is a monotheistic religion. So it it preferred we use the word Allah, instead of a word 'God' which can be manipulated.

However, it does not matter what language you speak and how you say 'God' - God understands all languages. For example, the French say 'Dieu'. That does not mean they worship another God, that is simply the language that is familiar to them, and that is what they say.
Did you know that even Arab Christians use the word 'Allah'?
Jesus used the words "Eli" in aramaic, which is a fairly close resemblance to 'Allah' which is arabic.

Why do we reject the idea that Jesus is God? We believe Jesus was a Prophet sent by God, like Moses was a Prophet, sent by God. If you want to know more about why we do not believe in Jesus as God but as a great Prophet, there is an interesting discussion you are welcome to join, right here. http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...e-trinity.html

Hope that helps.
Peace.
your trying to name GOD... that isn't good... human origin agian... in exodus we see God name himself... I AM WHO I AM... MEANING I WAS, I AM, AND WILL BE... again GOD CAN do anything.. so do you believe God being here for eternity? before we lived?

the difference in all those prophets is that GOD RECRUITED THEM DURING LIFE TIME... JESUS WAS ALREADY THE MASSIAH LONG BEFORE HE CAME.

akulion
12-27-2005, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by steve
Lol
The gender says F.Y. is a sister.
But a nice respons indeed.
ooopss lol I didnt see cos I dont usually look at the genders - just go by the "sound of the name"

sorry sis...didnt mean to call you a bro

Khaldun
12-27-2005, 03:54 PM
:sl:

Say: Call upon Allah or call upon, the Beneficent God; whichever you call upon, He has the best names; [Surah Al Isra Ayah 110]

Tell me, do you also want us to read the Quran in english in our prayers now, just because we live in english speaking country.

Halima
12-27-2005, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dsfas
Ok, if you live in America then why is it that you still say allah? Here in the United States of America we speak a language called english, where we say "God."

First of all the name "Allah" is an arabic word. This is the language of Islam. We pray in Arabic, and we learn alot of termonology in Arabic. The word 'God' is just a plain english word. Its not in Arabic. Allah(swt) is the proper way of how we muslim refer to our God. The Al-mighty. The all-merciful. Our forgiver.

Secondly I want to clear up that misconception that you have about what the people call 'their' god in America. Not everyone living in America calls their God 'God per-say. This is just a general steryotype giving to the Americans that they are all 100% english therefore they don't know any Arabic words. There are muslims here to in America too. It is certainly most common for muslims to call thier God Allah(swt) Please take a look here:

All the Prophets (peace be upon them) came with one religion, which is to profess the unity of Allah by worshipping Him alone, and to declare that Allah is free from any defects or needs. The objective of the Prophets like Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them) was to take people from the worship of Allah's creation to the worship of Allah alone, to liberate humanity from all forms of disbelief and polytheism, and to guide them towards their Lord in a clear manner.

Why is it that you support the idea that allah and God are the same, but then you reject the fact that Jesus is God?

This is because God is in one language and Allah is in a different language but they still mean the same!. We definetly do not believe that Jesus was God because he was a prophet. No other can be worshipped EXCEPT Allah(swt) period. Jesus

TruthComesFirst
12-27-2005, 03:58 PM
Hahahaha, ot translate our names to 'praised one', 'peaceful' and so forth...

S_87
12-27-2005, 04:00 PM

Hi

why do you lower the status of God with attributing Jesus as a son of God?

explain how its possible for Jesus peace be upon him to be God.

PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
First of all the name "Allah" is an arabic word. This is the language of Islam. We pray in Arabic, and we learn alot of termonology in Arabic. The word 'God' is just a plain english word. Its not in Arabic. Allah(swt) is the proper way of how we muslim refer to our God. The Al-mighty. The all-merciful. Our forgiver.

Secondly I want to clear up that misconception that you have about what the people call 'their' god in America. Not everyone living in America calls their God 'God per-say. This is just a general steryotype giving to the Americans that they are all 100% english therefore they don't know any Arabic words. There are muslims here to in America too. It is certainly most common for muslims to call thier God Allah(swt) Please take a look here:

All the Prophets (peace be upon them) came with one religion, which is to profess the unity of Allah by worshipping Him alone, and to declare that Allah is free from any defects or needs. The objective of the Prophets like Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them) was to take people from the worship of Allah's creation to the worship of Allah alone, to liberate humanity from all forms of disbelief and polytheism, and to guide them towards their Lord in a clear manner.

This is because God is in one language and Allah is in a different language but they still mean the same!. We definetly do not believe that Jesus was God because he was a prophet. No other can be worshipped EXCEPT Allah(swt) period. Jesus
does God really care how you pray? omgosh.. he made your language for a reason.. by praying in another language shows that you obviously don't care what God has made you to be.

Abdul Fattah
12-27-2005, 04:06 PM
does God really care how you pray? omgosh.. he made your language for a reason.. by praying in another language shows that you obviously don't care what God has made you to be.
No its a matter of stoicinity. By staying with the language in which it was revealed to us we stay clear from bad translations. And how does it show disrespect? Your argument holds no ground. Are we neglecting our roots by praying in another language? Is language that important? I thought language was just a medium to convey an idea. Its the idea that matters, and by sticking to a language we stick to the essence of that idea.

Halima
12-27-2005, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PRISONERofJOY12

I said that Arabic is the language of Allah, therefore Arabic is the language of muslims. That is why we do our prayers in Arabic. A typical example here stated in the narrative below.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “There is no prayer for the one who does not read al-Fâtihah”. He did not qualify that the reading had to be audible or quiet. Therefore, if the worshipper reads what he is obligated to read, whether audibly or quietly, then he has fulfilled his obligation.

Al-Fatihah is not in English. It's in Arabic. We cannot translate the whole Hadith into English. Moreover the Prophet has clearly said that if we dont recite Al-fatihah then there is clearly no prayers as mentioned above. It is our job as muslims to follow prophet Muhammed(saw) as a role-model and Prophet Muhammed (saw) has never recited his prayers in English.

PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 04:10 PM
No its a matter of stoicinity. By staying with the language in which it was revealed to us we stay clear from bad translations. And how does it show disrespect? Your argument holds no ground. Are we neglecting our roots by praying in another language? Is language that important? I thought language was just a medium to convey an idea. Its the idea that matters, and by sticking to a language we stick to the essence of that idea.
but yet you seem to care about how your pray and if your praying in the native language? GOD understans your language more than you do...

Halima
12-27-2005, 04:13 PM
but yet you seem to care about how your pray and if your praying in the native language? GOD understans your language more than you do...
We our praying to Allah(swt) WE have to care. Allah has made Arabic the native language for Islam. The Quran was written in Arabic. The sunnah was written in Arabic. Just like how the torah was written in Hebew.

- Qatada -
12-27-2005, 04:14 PM
your trying to name GOD... that isn't good...

If you look in the bible where 'Jesus' (peace be upon him) says: 'why has thou forsaken me' - you'll see that the bible, because Jesus (peace be upon him) was from the hebrew nation, he spoke hebrew - and it was said, even in the later versions 'Ellah, Ellah - why has thou forsaken me.'

Ellah in the hebrew language means God - and the hebrew language when put into arabic (because they are both sister languages - really similar) the word 'Ellah' is the word '[b]Allah]/b]' in arabic. hence we say 'Allah' - which means that we call God more by His real name, more than the non muslims call Allah, God.

If you dont believe me, you can try doing abit of research and finding out. This may have more of an effect if you look in the older versions of the bible because the new one may be edited..

azim
12-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Hebrew became Aramaic, Aramaic became Arabic. They are all closely related languages. Very close.

So, ask yourself. Why were was tha Torah written in Hebrew? Why was the New Testament revealed in Aramaic? Why is the Quran in Arabic?

It is because, these languages are beautiful for religious purposes. For example, arabic has over 40,000 nouns, english has 20,000. When you translate, you lose meaning.

The word Rabb, for example, is translated as 'Lord'. Yet it's meaning trancends the word Lord. I can call a human being Lord with worrying about blasphemy, but I could never call a human being Rabb.

The same goes for the word Allah, in essence, it means 'THE GOD'. Yet, 'THE GOD' doesn't carry the right connotations and meanings.

We use the Arabic language because it praises God better than any language ever could.

Yet, in honesty, when I make sincere 'dua', which is to beseech God, I speak in English. It's my mother toungue and I express myself best in it. Yet I would never abandon Arabic, the language of my beloved Prophet's.

Yes, God made us to speak different languages, and theres nothing wrong with speaking a certain language. But didn't God give us the ability to learn? In fact, in the Quran, one of the reasons Adam was called the best of creation was his ability to learn.

I am of Bengali origin, Arabic is in no way my native language. Yet I'm learning it, and it's such a beautiful language, and easy to learn.

Instead of arguing over our choices in lexis and diction, why not talk about more important issues. Seriously, why God, why Allah? Not neccesary.

Salam.

Abdul Fattah
12-27-2005, 04:36 PM
I doesn't matter.He knows what I think without me saying it even. It is better for us because we stick closer to the original idea then. It's not about God understanding, It's about me understanding (the right words).

akulion
12-27-2005, 04:43 PM
there is a very good reason for the Quran being in Arabic and the prayers being in Arabic and all

It ensures uniformity

Otherwise if people started praying in different languages for sure differences would be caused in translations in everything

salam alaikum

Ghazi
12-27-2005, 04:47 PM

Salaam

Allah has 99 names which he can be called by, the word "God" is in the english language which some people use, but it doesn't matter if you call allah god or not cause where talling about the same lord.

Rabbiyah
12-27-2005, 04:52 PM

Listen well or should I say read Jesus is not god :enough!: already
therefore jesus is not the creator He follows allah's order and to set it straight We call him Allah so to let people don't get it twisted we don't say god for the most part cause they think we are talking about jesus which again i say and he (jesus) said he's not god Thank you and have a nice day
:blind: to the truth
Insha Allah I hope My quote wasn't disturbing but people are not getting espeacally if they read the bible and it reads he's not the almighty GOD

To the staff of this site I hope I didn't cause any trouble
Salam alaikum

TruthComesFirst
12-27-2005, 04:59 PM
Sis, you are wrong here.U can call some one rabb.For example, Yusuf A.S. said to the prisoner that he would make khamr to his 'Rabb'.

azim
12-27-2005, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TruthComesFirst
Sis, you are wrong here.U can call some one rabb.For example, Yusuf A.S. said to the prisoner that he would make khamr to his 'Rabb'.
Jazakallah for pointing that out, but I'm a brother :brother:.

Perhaps Rabb was the wrong example. I'll cite a different example next time insha'Allah.

Salaam.

Hisbul_Aziz
12-27-2005, 05:27 PM
allah comes from the root word illah witch means none to be worsip superior creator and many other things :w:

PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 06:06 PM
I doesn't matter.He knows what I think without me saying it even. It is better for us because we stick closer to the original idea then. It's not about God understanding, It's about me understanding (the right words).
yeah you truly are a good piece of work arent you? sounds like our God.. the original idea? you don't agree with the Bible cause it is to difficult for you to understand... and God is way smarter than you.. MUSLIM I will focus on praying to the east.. and to the west.. heck yes.. no not really I can sit hear pray and talk to God any way shape or form I am able to do...

PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mujahadeen
allah comes from the root word illah witch means none to be worsip superior creator and many other things :w:
I don't care where it the root word comes from.. the point is God in any other language means GOD

Tasneem
12-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Allahmeans god in arabic
Even arabs that are not muslims say Allah
Because that is the arabic word 4 god

PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun
Allahmeans god in arabic
Even arabs that are not muslims say Allah
Because that is the arabic word 4 god
yes because it is their native tongue... :nervous: ? :peace:

*charisma*
12-27-2005, 06:31 PM
Greetings,

The reason we pray in Arabic is because that is the way it was relevated, that is the pure form of it, there are absolutely no flaws in the words when we do it in Arabic. When we pray it isnt as simple as the way the Christains pray. We have to do it in a special different form. First of all, praying in Arabic unites all Muslims as ONE. It shows no difference between the person u are praying next to. It keeps us as equals.

And I understand the point you are trying to say by saying no matter what language we pray in Allah will know, but if we just stop at praying in any language, how are we proving our love and striving to pleasure Allah by praying in just any language, instead of THE LANGUAGE that we need to learn to pray in and that would be arabic. Allah does know what is in every humans heart and as long as one is praying from their heart and tries their best to do it the correct way, as in struggling, that prayer is accepted by Allah, but if one is like screw this im gonna pray MY way, what is the point of praying, we pray to Allah not to get what we want from Him, but to show that we know we can turn to him whenever we are in need of Him and that We fear him as our Lord and Creator, therefore we dont ask twice why we need to do something.

Islam is supposed to be set apart from other religions not blended in with them, so that when someone sees us pray they know we are muslim. This is part of being a muslim, spreading the religion. We have to pray with the intention of praying, if we are praying in another language than the language it is supposed to be prayed in, then where is the intention? We would just be lazy, and laziness is wrong, especially when it is interfering with your religious duties.

Peace

PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 06:35 PM
God doesn't have a language I must recomfirm... God is the creator of all language..arabic is the human name of that language.. if Jesus came down what native tongue would he speak? God needed him to have a mouth to speak out of.. and at the time arabic was the world biggest tongue.

and your taking the time to pray? so where is the laziness in that...

*charisma*
12-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Greetings,

God doesn't have a language I must recomfirm... God is the creator of all language..arabic is the human name of that language.. if Jesus came down what native tongue would he speak? God needed him to have a mouth to speak out of.. and at the time arabic was the world biggest tongue..
If Jesus peace be upon him came down to Earth, he will be leading people into Islam, meaning he would probably be speaking in Arabic. Allahu A'lem (only Allah knows)

Peace

PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 06:47 PM
read ACTS 2

1When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them.
5Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language. 7Utterly amazed, they asked: "Are not all these men who are speaking Galileans? 8Then how is it that each of us hears them in his own native language? 9Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11(both Jews and converts to Judaism Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!" 12Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, "What does this mean?"

dsfas
12-27-2005, 07:13 PM
I said that Arabic is the language of Allah, therefore Arabic is the language of muslims.
No. The books of judeaism were originally written in Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic.

Nowhere do I see it written in Arabic.

Al-Fatihah is not in English. It's in Arabic. We cannot translate the whole Hadith into English. Moreover the Prophet has clearly said that if we dont recite Al-fatihah then there is clearly no prayers as mentioned above. It is our job as muslims to follow prophet Muhammed(saw) as a role-model and Prophet Muhammed (saw) has never recited his prayers in English.
He never spoke english at all, so that means that if you speak english are you disrespecting God? He didn't live in the United States either, so this again is evil.

akulion
12-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Ok Arabic is not the language OF Allah
It is the Language he has CHOOSEN for the people of Heaven

Secondly like I said earlier Arabic serves a PURPOSE of giving UNIORMITY to worship

So no matter where u are on Earth you are saying the same prayer

Through translations meanings can easily change...

Perfect Example the bible where some words are spelled LORD while others are spelled lord - but best to my knowledge in hebrew there are no Capital and small letters so how come the church decided which to cpitalize and which not to

mdd
12-27-2005, 07:23 PM
IM SORRY MY FRIEND IN REALITY THE WORD
ALLAH CANT SIMPLY BE TRANSILATED TO GOD
TO TRANSILATE IT WE CAN REFER TO THE HOLY QURAAN
THE BOOK ON WHICH THE WORD COMES FROM
Quraan chapter 112 SURAT IHLAS:
1.SAY(Oh. MUHAMAD s.a.w ) HE ISALLAH(the)ONE
2. ALLAHU SWAMADU (Self suffıcıent master,Whom all creaters need,
He naıther eats nor drınks
3 HE BEGEATS NOT,NOR WAS HE BEGOTTEN
4 AND THERE IS NON CO-EQUAL OR COMPARABLE UNTO HIM.
refference: www.al-sunna.com/call-to-islam/quran
ALL these refutes your defınıtıon.YOU can brıng new argument ıf yuo
stıll have.INSHAALAH IM WAITING
ALAHU AALAM.(Allah ıs the one wıth lımmıt less knowladge)

_salam_
12-27-2005, 07:44 PM
The reason we use the word Allah instead of God is because it better describes the One we are talking about. You should read this short article posted below written by Yusuf Estes, a revert (convert) to Islam who used to be a former Christian preacher.
In fact "Allah" is the perfect word to describe the "One God" of monotheism.
Where Does the word "Allah" Come From?

"Allah" comes from the Arabic word "elah" - (Arabic) means 'a god' or something that is worshipped. This word (elah) can be made plural, as in "aleha" and it can be male or female. "Allah" comes from "elaha" but it brings more clarification and understanding.

Allah = Has no gender (not male and not female)
* "He" is used only out of respect and dignity - not for gender
Allah = Always singular - Never plural
* "We" is used only as the "Royal WE" just as in English for royalty
Allah =Means "The Only One to be Worshipped"
Is "Allah" only for Islam and Muslims?

"Allah" is the same word used by Christian and Jewish Arabs in the Bible, before Islam came.

On page one [1] of Genesis in the Old Testament, we find the word "Allah" seventeen [17] times.
I also recomend you read through these FAQ's that he has posted on his website. And please feel free to look through his web site www.islamtomorrow.com
1. "If God created everything - then who created God?"

Answer:

(Muslims - Remember to use the formula above - i.e.; "Thank you for asking me about my religion..." etc.)

According to the Quran, Allah tells us that He is the only creator and sustainer of all that exists and that nothing and no one exists alongside Him, nor does He have any partners. He tells us that He is not created, nor is He like His creation in anyway. He calls Himself by a number of names and three of them are:

* A) The First - (Al-Awal)
* B) The Last - (Al Akhir)
* C) The Eternal, who is sought after by His creation, while He has no need from them at all. (As-Samad)

He always has existed and He never was created, as He is not like His creation, nor similar to it, in any way.

| Back to Questions | Top of Page |

2. "How can you believe in God, when you can't see, hear, touch, smell, taste or even imagine what He is?"

Answer:

We know from the teachings of Muhammad, peace be upon him, that no one has ever actually seen God - at least not in this lifetime. Nor are we able to use our senses to make some kind of contact with Him. However, we are encouraged in Islam to use our senses and our common sense to recognize that all of this universe could not possibly come into existence on its own. Something had to design it all and then put it into motion. That is beyond our ability to do, yet it is something that we can understand.
We don't have to see an artist to recognize a painting, correct? So, if we see paintings without seeing artists painting them, in the same way, we can believe that Allah created everything without having to see Him (or touch, or hear, etc.).

3. "Can God do anything? - For example: "Can He make a rock so big that nothing can move it?" - If He did make a rock so big that nothing could move it, would that mean that He couldn't move it too? Or would it be impossible for Him to make something so big that He couldn't move it?"

Answer:
Allah tells us that "Allah is capable of doing anything that He Wills to do." He can make a rock (or anything for that matter) that is so large or heavy that nothing in the entire universe can move it. As regards Allah "moving" it, He is not in the universe and He does not resemble His creation. Therefore, Allah is never subject to the Laws of the Creation because He is both the Creator and the Law Giver. Whenever He wants anything done, He merely says "Qun! Faya Qun!" (Be! And so it will be!)

4. "Where is God?"

Answer:
Some other religions teach that "God is everywhere." This is actually called "pantheism" and it is the opposite of our believe system in Islam. Allah tells us clearly that there is nothing, anywhere in the universe that resembles Him, nor is He ever in His creation. He tells us in the Quran that He created the universe in six "yawm" (periods of time) and then He "astawah 'ala al Arsh" (rose up, above His Throne). He is there (above His Throne) and will remain there until the End Times.

5. "Why did God create everything?"

Answer:
Allah says in His Quran that He did not create all of this for any foolish purpose. He tells us that He created us for the purpose of worshiping Him, Alone and without any partners.

6. "Is God pure, good, loving and fair? - If so, then where does evil, hatred and injustice come from?"

Answer:
Allah tells us that He is Pure, Loving, and absolutely Just in every respect. He says that He is the Best of Judges. He also tells us that the life that we are in is a test. He has created all the things that exist and He has created all that happens as well. There is nothing in this existence except what He has created. He also says in the Quran that He created evil (although He is not evil). He is using this as one of the many tests for us.

7. "Does God really have power of things? - If so, then why does He let people become sick, oppressed and die?"

Answer:
Allah has created all that we call the universe as a test for us. This is not our final destination. What we might consider to be "bad" or "good" could actually be quite the opposite. As regards oppression, this is something that Allah forbids for Himself to do to anyone and He hates it when anyone oppresses someone else. He does have absolute power over everything. He allows sickness, disease, death and even oppression so that we can all be tested in what we do.

8. "Can you prove there is a God?"

Answer:
Can you prove that you exist? Yes, of course you can. You merely use your senses to determine that you can see, hear, feel, smell, taste and you have emotions as well. All of this is a part of your existence. But this is not how we perceive God in Islam. We can look to the things that He has created and the way that He cares for things and sustains us, to know that there is no doubt of His existence.

Think about this the next time that you are looking up at the moon or the stars on a clear night; could you drop a drinking glass on the sidewalk and expect that it would hit the ground and on impact it would not shatter, but it would divide up into little small drinking glasses, with iced tea in them? Of course not.

And then consider if a tornado came through a junkyard and tore through the old cars; would it leave behind a nice new Mercedes with the engine running and no parts left around? Naturally not.

Can a fast food restaurant operate itself without any people there? That's crazy for anyone to even think about.

After considering all of the above, how could we look to the universe above us through a telescope or observe the molecules in a microscope and then think that all of this came about as a result of a "big bang" or some "accident?"

(see also "Quran")

9. "Does God know everything that is going to happen? - Does He have absolute control on the outcome of everything? - If so, how is that fair for us? Where is our free will then?"

Answer:
Allah Knows everything that will happen. The first thing that He created was the "pen" and He ordered the pen to write. The pen wrote until it had written everything that would happen. And then Allah began to create the universe. All of this was already known to Him before He created it. He does have absolute and total control at all times. There is nothing that happens except that He is in control of if.
There is a mistake in the question: "Free Will." Allah alone, has Free Will, He Wills whatever He likes and it will always happen as He wills. We have something called, "Free choice." The difference is that what Allah "Wills" always happens and what we choose may or may not happen. We are not being judged on the outcome of things, we are being judged on our choices. This means that at the core of everything will always be our intentions. Whatever we intended, is what we will have the reward for. Each person will be judged according to what Allah gave them to work with, how they used it and what they intended to do with it.

As regards the actual "Judgment Day" - Allah tells us that everything we are doing is being recorded and not a single tiny thing escapes from this record. Even an atom's weight of good will be seen on the Day of Judgment and even a single atom's weight of evil will be seen too.

The one who will bring the evidences against us will be ourselves. Our ears, tongue, eyes and all of our bodies will begin to testify against us in front of Allah on the Day of Judgment. None will be oppressed on that Day, none will be falsely accused.

He could have put everyone in their respective places from the very beginning, but the people would complain as to why they were thrown in Hell without being given a chance. This life is exactly that; a chance to prove to ourselves who we really are and what we would really do if we indeed had a free choice.

Allah Knows everything that will happen, but we don't. That is why the test is fair.

10. "If there is only one God, then why are there so many religions?

Answer:
Allah does not force anyone to submit to Him. He has layed out a clear path and then made it known to them the two ways (Heaven or Hell). The person is always free to make his or her own choice. There is not complusion in the way of "Islam." Whoever choses to worship Allah without partners and is devoted to Him and is obeying His commands as much as possible, has grasped the firm handhold that will never break. Whoever denies God and choses some other way to worship or not to believe at all, for them there is an eternal punishment that is most horrible (Hell).

All religions originated with Allah and then people began to add or take away from the teachings so as to take control over each other. Man made religions are an abomination before the Lord and will never be accepted. He will only accept true submission, obedience and in purity and peace to His commandments.

11. "How do you know that the Quran is really from God?"

Answer:

Muslims have something that offers the most clear proof of all - The Holy Quran. There is no other book like it anywhere on earth. It is absolutely perfect in the Arabic language. It has no mistakes in grammar, meanings or context. The scientific evidences are well known around the entire world, even amongst non-Muslim scholars. Predictions in the Quran have come true; and its teachings are clearly for all people, all places and all times. No one has been able to produce a book like it, nor ten chapters like it, nor even one chapter like it. It was memorized by thousands of people during the lifetime of Muhammad, peace be upon him, and then this memorization was passed down from teacher to student for generation after generation, from mouth to ear and from one nation to another. Today every single Muslim has memorized some part of the Quran in the original Arabic language that it was revealed in over 1,400 years ago, even though most of them are not Arabs. There are over nine million (9,000,000) Muslims living on the earth today who have totally memorized the entire Quran, word for word, and can recite the entire Quran, in Arabic just as Muhammad, peace be upon him, did 14 centuries ago.

12. "Why does it say "WE" in Quran when referring to God (Allah)?"

Answer:

This is a good question and one that Bible readers have also asked about. The term "We" in the Bible and in the Quran is the royal "We" - as an example when the king says, "We decree the following declaration, etc." or, "We are not amused." It does not indicate plural; rather it displays the highest position in the language. English, Persian, Hebrew, Arabic and many languages provide for the usage of "We" for the royal figure. It is helpful to note the same dignity is given to the person being spoken to in English. We say to someone, "You ARE my friend." Yet the person is only one person standing there. Why did we say "ARE" instead of "IS"? The noun "you" is singular and should therefore be associated with a singular verb for the state of being, yet we say, "are." The same is true for the speaker when referring to himself or herself. We say, "I am" and this is also in the royal plural, instead of saying, "I is."

13. "Why does Quran say "He" when referring to God (Allah) if God is not having gender?"

Answer:

This is similar to the above answer. The word "He" is used when referring to Allah out of respect, dignity and high status. It would be totally inappropriate to use the word "it" and would not convey the proper understanding of Allah being who Allah is; Alive, Compassionate, Forgiving, Patient, Loving, etc. It is not correct to associate the word "He" with gender, as this would be comparing Allah to the creation, something totally against the teaching of Quran.

akulion
12-27-2005, 07:48 PM
salam alaikum

just one request to ALL users insha'ALlah

when quoting text can we please condense it to points? because otherwise it takes up all the space lol

PRISONERofJOY12
12-27-2005, 07:50 PM
No. The books of judeaism were originally written in Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic.

He never spoke english at all, so that means that if you speak english are you disrespecting God? He didn't live in the United States either, so this again is evil.
while your SO CALLED god is in heaven.. our GOD IS EVERYWHERE. yes back then people never drove cars.. so you are disrespecting god

akulion
12-27-2005, 07:54 PM
So is your god also in your house?

akulion
12-27-2005, 08:00 PM
hey my question was a VERY valid one...why edited :(

Halima
12-27-2005, 08:08 PM

I never said that the torah was written in Arabic. Quote my words where did I say it was written in Arabic? I said the torah was written in Hebrew.

I speak English you speak english, we all speak English. If YOU think that speaking english will disrespect God you yourselve is disrespecting God. This is a completely absurd idea. Whereso ever in the quran did it say that muslims cannot learn another language? Just think about it if we cannot learn english then all of us would be illerterate! We need to speak English to survive in this world and we need Arabic to pray to God. Period.

Ghazi
12-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Salaam

Lets keep it cival people

Muezzin
12-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Indeed. And Spanish. Si habla espanol?

Islam originated in Saudi Arabia, and the Arabic word for God is 'Allah'. According to Khaldun's post, you can call Him 'Allah' or 'God'.

Anyway, where's the fun in translating EVERYTHING into English?

Livin La Vie Da Loca becomes 'Living the life of madness'

Bon Appetit becomes 'Good appetite'

Mahatma Ghandi becomes 'Ben Kingsley' :p

Different strokes for different folks.

while your SO CALLED god is in heaven.. our GOD IS EVERYWHERE. yes back then people never drove cars.. so you are disrespecting god
Our God is the same as yours. We just call him Allah and believe that Jesus was a prophet not God incarnate :)

In Islam, God is everwhere in the sense that he is omnipotent and omniscient.

akulion
12-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Allah can see all and hear all and knows all and that is how he is everywhere

But to say he is LITERALLY IN everything is wrong..because same as human bodies are occupied with souls - pig bodies also have pig souls and so on and so forth...and we cannot say he is in everything - that would be plain wrong!

Ghazi
12-27-2005, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
Allah can see all and hear all and knows all and that is how he is everywhere

But to say he is LITERALLY IN everything is wrong..because same as human bodies are occupied with souls - pig bodies also have pig souls and so on and so forth...and we cannot say he is in everything - that would be plain wrong!

Well said bro, allah know whats happening everywhere; and he's closer to every humen being then their Jugular vein.

akulion
12-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Very true :D

After all when a person says "I have the holy spirit inside me"
And then goes and does unspeakable things...
one has to wonder
lol

ummhabibah
12-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Asalaamu3laykum
i totaly agree with brother "Akulion"
Allah is everywhere with every one with his knowledge and he is above the seven heavens.

dsfas
12-27-2005, 09:18 PM
I never said that the torah was written in Arabic. Quote my words where did I say it was written in Arabic? I said the torah was written in Hebrew.

I speak English you speak english, we all speak English. If YOU think that speaking english will disrespect God you yourselve is disrespecting God. This is a completely absurd idea. Whereso ever in the quran did it say that muslims cannot learn another language? Just think about it if we cannot learn english then all of us would be illerterate! We need to speak English to survive in this world and we need Arabic to pray to God. Period.

You said Arabic was the language of God. What's your source of information?

Ghazi
12-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Salaam

The quran is written in Arabic which are the words of god

akulion
12-27-2005, 09:28 PM
salam alaikum

Once again can I say that Allah has CHOOSEN Arabic as the language for the Quran and Arabs as the people to whom the Quran was revealed and for them to propogate it forward...

It is a blessing from Allah - it dosent make them superior to anyone

Same way the Children of Isreal were once CHOOSEN by Allah but they kept on trangressing to the extent they started denying even after seeing multiple miracles through Moses. So Allah sent them Isa(as) who was the livin miracle and yet they denied him and tried to kill him...

thus Allah cast them down and choose another people. I.e. the Arabs and then amongst them came the final messenger and the Quran in their language as well.

Its not some sort of thing about one nation superior to other nation - its simply who God Choose to do a duty.

That is why in Islam wether ur Arab or American Girl or Boy everyone is Equal in the sight of Allah

dsfas
12-27-2005, 09:28 PM
The bible is not written in arabic. The bible is the word of God.

Also, there is nothing more than the bible.

format_quote Originally Posted by Revelations 22:18-19
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

akulion
12-27-2005, 09:30 PM
If Jesus was the Prophet then how come John, Mark Mathew Paul and all those other guys added to the Bible?

Obiviously they are additions by human hands - not divine words!

Halima
12-27-2005, 09:35 PM

Sure thing! :)

Then God gave the world the Quran in the Arabic language. And again history repeats itself and the Arabs thought that Arabic is the language of God. They never appreciated that God gave His previous scriptures in other languages, namely Hebrew and Aramaic. They never appreciated the fact that in all the languages that the scriptures came down with, the most important single fact is that the message has been always the same. "WORSHIP GOD ALONE." They never appreciated the fact that to God belongs all the languages of the world, He created them, just like He created us, See 49:13 and 11:118-119.

You still havent answered my question before. Where did i say that the Torah was written in arabic?

Halima
12-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Want more?

Why an Arabic quran?

Only those who understand the purpose of the book will understand why it is in Arabic or non-Arabic.

Quran is a book of a message and not a book of entertainment. God knows that HIS MESSAGE can be and will be translated to all the languages of the world and that the true believer will get His message in any place that was destined to be. God would not send a message that cannot be given to everyone clear and unambiguous. God would not send a message in a language that the people cannot read, speak or understand then punish them for not knowing what His message is.

God clearly told us in the Quran that He does not want any hardship in His religion. God did not put any hardship on these millions (or bilions) of non-Arabs to master the Arabic language before getting His message. See 22:78 Getting the message and enjoying the literature excellence of the Quran are two different matters.

The contemporary Arabs of Muhammed listened to the Quran and appreciated its literature excellence but many of them did not believe then, e.g. Abu Jahl and Abu Lahab, Muhammed's own uncles. Many of the contemporary Arabs of today read the Quran in Arabic but do not appreciate the message of the Quran, they belong to the same group as Abu Jahl and Abu Lahab.

It is the message of the Quran that actually counts, and THANKS GOD, it is the part of the Quran that can be translated. If that message could not be translated, there would not be there these 900 million Muslims who do not know how to read, speak, or understand Arabic.

The inability to appreciate the literature excellence of the Quran is but a minor loss if the message could be appreciated, since the purpose of the excellence in literature was one way to get the people to accept the message. In other words, appreciating the message by a non-Arabic speaking person is like going to the conclusion without passing by all the proofs.

This is in contrast to many of those who had the proof, read Arabic and see the literature excellence of the Quran but failed to uphold the message . Many deceived Arabic speaking people put too much emphasis on their ability to appreciate the literature excellence of the Quran while missing the point of the need to appreciate the message itself, by following it.

Understanding that God guarantees that the MESSAGE of the Quran will be given to the whole world in any language in any place, means to understand that having the Quran as an Arabic or non-Arabic book would not make the difference and that is exactly what God is teaching us in 41:44
Source: http://www.---------------/quran/whyarabic.html

ishkabab
12-27-2005, 09:45 PM
I say Allah all the time even to a non muslim here in NY
cause in Islam we say Allah so i believe thats how He is known to me!
:loving: ALLAH:loving:

dsfas
12-27-2005, 09:46 PM
This is all from the Quran, which was an entire book written by one man.

What makes this any more valid than if I were to write a book and proclaim that I was ordamed by allah to write this, and that the words in the book I write are his words?

dsfas
12-27-2005, 09:48 PM
You still havent answered my question before. Where did i say that the Torah was written in arabic?

You didnt, you said that Arabic was the language of God. Really all you know is that Arabic is the language of mohammed, who wrote a book and claimed that it was a message from God.

- Qatada -
12-27-2005, 09:49 PM

What makes this any more valid than if I were to write a book and proclaim that I was ordamed by allah to write this, and that the words in the book I write are his words?

And whos that man your talking about? Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his beloved family) never even knew how to read or write, so please back up your thoughts or ideas with facts. thanks.

Regarding your second point - please do that and see if more than a billion people follow the faith of yours. And lets see if your 'religion' has the historical/social concept to it too, in a form of poetry which tells you and every other person in the world how to live their life peacefully and easily, without even one mistake, and lets see if anyone can refute it.

Please do that. :)

akulion
12-27-2005, 09:49 PM
For one thing...your book would surely have errors and contradictions in it

Also your book may not contain undiscovered scientific facts which the Quran does

have a look at this PROOFS

The Quran has no contradictions and also it has never been edited or changed in the last 1500 years
unlike the bible for example

Ghazi
12-27-2005, 09:50 PM
For one thing...your book would surely have errors and contradictions in it

The Quran has no contradictions and also it has never been edited or changed in the last 1500 years
Salaam

Good point bro, why has the bible got diffrent versions

ishkabab
12-27-2005, 09:52 PM
well dsfas its like saying we have pain in our body but we cant see it but we can feel it.....Can we see our pain???NO we can only feel it..
Can we see our soul?NO but EVERYONE believes in a soul even though they dont see it..I believe in Allah I know Hes there...and so will every 1 else on the the day of RESSURECTION!!! InshAllah

Halima
12-27-2005, 09:54 PM

The Quran was never ever written by a man. The Quran was written by Allah(swt). Please take a look here.

A Muslim must believe in all of the scriptures sent by Allah to His different Messengers. A Muslim must believe in every scripture mentioned by Allah in the Qur’ân. Allah sent them and they are the actual Word of Allah.

The scriptures that Allah mentions in the Qur’ân are as follows:
1. The scrolls that were revealed to Abraham (peace be upon him).
2. The Torah that was revealed to Moses (peace be upon him).
3. The Psalms that were revealed to David (peace be upon him).
4. The Gospel that was revealed to Jesus (peace be upon him).
5. The Qur’ân that was revealed to Muhammad (peace be upon him).
At the same time, the Muslims do not consider the Bible that is presently in circulation in various editions and versions to be an accurate representation of the older scriptures that were revealed before the Qur’ân. According to the Qur’ân, people have changed these scriptures for their own worldly ends. What remains of them is a mixture of truth and falsehood.

The fact that allah(swt) has created the quran is apart of our belief which goes under the 6 articles of faith below.

These articles of faith are:
1. Belief in Allah.
2. Belief in His Angels.
3. Belief in His Books.
4. Belief in His Messengers.
5. Belief in the Day of Judgment.
6. Belief in Divine Decree

See, we cannot have any doubt that Alllah(swt) has created these books. Otherwise, we would be considered muslim.

Halima
12-27-2005, 09:55 PM
You didnt, you said that Arabic was the language of God. Really all you know is that Arabic is the language of mohammed, who wrote a book and claimed that it was a message from God.
Exactly. That is what I was trying to prove to you not me:)

dsfas
12-27-2005, 09:57 PM

Ok. The Quran was written by one man. Its not hard to write a book that lacks contradictions if only one person is writing it.

So what if it hasnt been changed? Neither have any of the books homer wrote. (the odyssey, and the Iliad)

Also, the Bible has not been edited...so thats no example.

akulion
12-27-2005, 09:58 PM
so dsfas is it true you are becoming muslim and thats the reason you want to clear this issue up ? :D

- Qatada -
12-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Are you listening to what we say - the man who it got revealed to (peace be upon him) never even knew how to read or write.

Have you actually been reading what we say? If your word was superior you would be able to respond to our points, so please try to do that :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Regarding your second point - please do that and see if more than a billion people follow the faith of yours. And lets see if your 'religion' has the historical/social concept to it too, in a form of poetry which tells you and every other person in the world how to live their life peacefully and easily, without even one mistake, and lets see if anyone can refute it.

akulion
12-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Ok. The Quran was written by one man. Its not hard to write a book that lacks contradictions if only one person is writing it.

So what if it hasnt been changed? Neither have any of the books homer wrote. (the odyssey, and the Iliad)

its not just a matter of not contradicting in words

its also about being mathematically balanced (the words in the Quran are mathematically balanced)
Mathetically Balanced Quran

not only that you say Mohammed(sa) wrote the Quran
But all of history records that Mohammed (sa) was illiterate
So how would you explain that?

Not to mention all the scientific facts in it which were only explained recently through scientific research!

*charisma*
Greetings,

WROOOOOOOOOONG :), If the Quran was written by one man as you say, why can't anyone produce the wisdom that it has in it?? why cant anyone produce even a surah like it, even a short surah?? huh?? huh??

The Bible was definately edited. I will find source for you right now.

And books like the Odyssey and the Iliad, can not be in no way compared to that of a Book of Wisdom, the Quran and i have never heard that such a books like these filled with fantasy and such nonsense changed a persons life or view of thinking.

Peace

Ghazi

Salaam

Henry broke with the Catholic Church and set up a (Protestant) National Church in England under his supreme leadership. What does this say about your so called religion.

dsfas
12-27-2005, 10:04 PM
So many replies, all at once...

The Quran was never ever written by a man. The Quran was written by Allah(swt). Please take a look here.

The Quran was written by Allah, and was found by Mohammed, correct? How do you know that this is true? What if mohammed wrote it and just said he found it?

If you live in a time when people are easily swayed, and you want to create a religion, which is a better option:

1. Write a book and then make copies and give it out to everyone
2. Write a book and say you found it somewhere and it was given to you by God and then make copies and give it out?

Option 2 will increase your marketing exponentially.

dsfas
12-27-2005, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Henry broke with the Catholic Church and set up a (Protestant) National Church in England under his supreme leadership. What does this say about your so called religion.

...And?

What does this have to do with _ANYTHING_ at all?

- Qatada -
12-27-2005, 10:12 PM
Yup thats us defending islam - the truth, alhamdulilah (all praise is due to Allaah Almighty.)

Nope - the qur'an was revealed in a divine recitation which was taught by the angel Jibreel (Gabriel) [yeh the same angel which went to Jesus peace be upon him] and our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) learnt the recitation and it was written after that, thoroughly checked through and kept safe. Muslims even memorised the whole of the qur'an, and still do today, without any mistakes and that is also another miracle of the qur'an, this includes some brothers and even sisters off this site who know the qur'an off by heart. including bro Ansar, bro zAk, bro Khaldun etc.

Your second point is not allowed in islam, its disliked so much and even mentioned in the qur'an:

And believe in what I have revealed, verifying that which is with you, and be not the first to deny it, neither take a mean price in exchange for My communications; and Me, Me alone should you fear. (2:41)

*charisma*
12-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Greetings,

how can someone illiterate write a book??

peace

- Qatada -
12-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Listen dsfas, calm down - we not gona eat ya :) lol just calm down abit and we just discussing our faiths - lets not fight or argue, but instead - try to understand each others faiths.

is that ok? :)

Ghazi
12-27-2005, 10:18 PM
...And?

What does this have to do with _ANYTHING_ at all?
Salaam
How one man could simply change rules cause he doesn't agree with them and form his own church which people follow to this day.

akulion
12-27-2005, 10:18 PM
ok everyone calm down...

relax and have some tea and lets get back on topic :D

what about my questions :P

*charisma*
12-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Assalamu alaikum

lol i have to admit, this is fun

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Halima
12-27-2005, 10:20 PM
The Quran was written by Allah, and was found by Mohammed, correct? How do you know that this is true? What if mohammed wrote it and just said he found it?

The reason why is because Mohammed was a prophet and Prophets don't lie!!!! Do you believe that Jesus will come back to save you? If we don't believe anything that the prophet has said then we wouldn't be considered muslim in the first place.

If you live in a time when people are easily swayed, and you want to create a religion, which is a better option:

1. Write a book and then make copies and give it out to everyone
2. Write a book and say you found it somewhere and it was given to you by God and then make copies and give it out?

Option 2 will increase your marketing exponentially.

This is our holy sacred book like i said bfore we cannot doubt what the Prophet has said. If we do we will go to hell fire. period.

*charisma*
12-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Greetings,

to the first question of this thread:

The name "Allah" seems to be strange to non-Muslims, but this name has been used by all prophets since Adam until Muhammad. It is a contraction of the two Arabic words AIlah, i.e., The God. By dropping the letter "I," you will find the word Allah. According to its position in an Arabic sentence, it can have the form "Allaha," which is close to the Hebrew name of the Creator, i.e. "Eloha." But the Jews are using wrongly the plural form "Elohim," which denotes more than one God. The word "Allaha" sounds closer to the Aramaic word for God used by Jesus, namely, "Alaha" (see Encyclopedia Britannica 1980 under "Allah" and "Elohim").

So while the name "Allah" is strange to non-Muslims, it is not strange to all prophets from Adam to Muhammad, as they propagated in principle the same Islam‹total submission‹and the word "Allah" denotes the personal name of the Supreme Being. It is not subject to plurality or gender, so there is no such thing as "Allahs," or a male or female "Allah," as is the case with Gods or God and Goddess.

It is confusing to use the word God, as many English speaking Christians consider Jesus as God. Even the word "Creator" is also confusing, as many Christians maintain that Jesus created the world.

Not only the name "Allah" is strange, but also the way Muslims worship Allah with ablution, bowing, kneeling, prostration and fasting is strange to non-Muslims, but not strange to all of the prophets.

While ablution (washing of face, arms, feet, and moistening of the hair) prior to worship is not done by modern Christians, it is required of Muslims and previous prophets, as seen in the following biblical passages:

Exodus 40:31-32: "And Moses and Aaron and his sons washed their hands and their feet thereat; When they went into the tent of the congregation, and when they came near unto the altar, they washed; as the Lord commanded Moses."

Although Paul made many changes in Jesus' teaching, he was faithful in respect to ablution, as seen in Acts 21:26:

"Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple'..."

Muslim women perform their prayer with their head covered, as in I Corinthians 11:5-6, 13:

"But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonourerh her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.... Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered"

Muslims worship with bowing, kneeling, prostration, and without shoes 1 , as was done by previous prophets:

Psalms 95:6: "O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker";
Joshua 5: 14: "And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship'';
I Kings 18:42: "And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees";
Numbers 20:6: "... and they [Moses and Aaron] fell upon their faces: and the glory of the Lord appeared upon them";
Genesis 17:3: "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying ...",
and Exodus 3:5 and Acts 7:33: "And he [God] said [to Moses], 'Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground."'

Source

-------------------------------------------------------------

Proof that the Bible was corrupted:

II Samuel 8:4
And David took from him a thousand chariots and seven hundred horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen ...

I Chronicles 18:4
And David took from him a thousand chariots and seven thousand horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen ...

Q. Seven hundred or seven thousand?

II Samuel 8:9-10
When Toi, king of Hamath, heard that David had smitten all the host of Hadadezer, then Toi sent Joram, his son, unto King David to salute him and to bless him, because he had fought against Hadadezer and had smitten him, for Hadadezer had wars with Toil. And Joram took with him vessels of silver, and vessels of gold, and vessels of brass.

I Chronicles 18:9-10
Now when Tou, king of Hamath, heard how David had smitten all the host of Hadarezer, king of Zobah, he sent Hadoram, his son, to King David to enquire of his welfare and to congratulate him, because he had fought against Hadarezer and had smitten him (for Hadarezer had made war withTou); and with him all manner of vessels of gold and silver and brass.

Q. Toi or Tou, Joram or Hadoram, Hadadezer or Hadarezer?

I Samuel 10:18
And the Syrians fled before Israel, and David slew the men of seven hundred chariots of the Syrians, and forty thousand horsemen, and smote Shobach, the captain of their host, who died there.

I Chronicles 19:18
But the Syrians fled before Israel, and David slew of the Syrians seven thousand men which fought in chariots, and forty thousand footmen, and killed Shophach, the captain of their host.

Q. Seven hundred chariots or seven thousand men? Forty thousand horsemen or footmen? Shobach or Shophach?
II Kings 8:26
Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign.

II Chronicles 22:2
Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign. .

Q. Twenty two or forty two years?

II Kings 24:8
Jehoiachim was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months.

II Chronicles 36:9
Jehoiachim was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem.

Q. Eighteen years or eight years? Three months or three months and ten days?
II Samuel 23:8
These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lifted up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time.

I Chronicles 11:11
And this is the number of the mighty men who David had: Jashobeam, an Hachmonite, the chief of the captains; he lifted up his spear against three hundred slain by him at one time.

Q. Tachmonite or Hachmonite? Eight hundred or three hundred?

II Samuel 24:1
And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say: "Go, number Israel and Judah."

I Chronicles 21:1
And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

Q. Is Satan the Lord of David? May God forbid it!

II Samuel 6:23
Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child until the day of her death.

II Samuel 21:8
But the king took the two sons of Rizpah, the daughter of Aiah, whom she bore unto Saul, Arrnoni and Mephibosheth; and the five sons of Michal, the daughter of Saul, whom she brought up for Adriel the son of Barzilai the Meholthite.

Q. Did Michal have children or not? Note: The name Michal in II Samuel 21:8 is still present in The King James version and The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures used by the Jehovah's Witnesses, but has been changed to Merab in The New American Standard Bible (1973).

Source
Reference

-----------------------------------------------------------

The History of the Quran

Evidence that the Quran is the word of Allah

anything else????

peace

karim
12-28-2005, 12:04 AM

you know we (muslims) call Allah..because like sis f.y. said allah is the proper name of god.But thats not the only name ther is 99 more name altogether.

Mrs A
12-28-2005, 12:24 AM
Being raised christian and learning about Islam as an adult, I find it crazy when people argue about religion. I don't understand how christians can not accept the Koran, if they were to actually read it - they would see the principals are very similar to the old testament. The main differences come in with the new testament where there is different testomonies from different people. The gospel according to "Matthew, Mark etc" - we all know if we were to witness the same event we would all pickup on different points and retell the story with differencies and exagerrations. I feel that's what has happened with the old testimony of the bible. I love this website for sharing information and learning more about others beliefs but I don't like the tone of some of the replies in this thread. We should treat all others with respect as none of us should belittle someone for their beliefs. We will all be judged one day and the truth will then be known!
Another point to remember is that the bible does have different versions as well so there has been influence from outsiders through time - ie, even the ten commandments are different between catholic and protestant with catholics praying to statues and protestants following the commandment of no craven images - so there are arguments within the different sects of christianity never even mind other religions. I think there is a lot to be said for keeping the Koran in its true form to avoid points being misinterpreted.

dsfas
12-28-2005, 12:26 AM
Your second point is not allowed in islam, its disliked so much and even mentioned in the qur'an:
And believe in what I have revealed, verifying that which is with you, and be not the first to deny it, neither take a mean price in exchange for My communications; and Me, Me alone should you fear. (2:41)

Well duh. If I made up a religion and wanted everyone to follow me and not try to make their own religions, wouldnt I set boundaries? Yes.

I would have rules. You cannot worship anyone else other than what it says to worship in this book. You cannot make your own religion that branches off this religion. You cannot write new documents. What this book says is all that there will ever be.
From the book of dsfas, chapter 7 verses 5-9

Mrs A
12-28-2005, 12:32 AM
dfas - why don't you pick a verse of the koran you disagree with and we will debate that point. I wonder how much of the bible you can quote - as I have read both (not in full) and was astounded at the similarities. I fear you are arguing out of ignorance.

dsfas
12-28-2005, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mrs A
Being raised christian and learning about Islam as an adult, I find it crazy when people argue about religion. I don't understand how christians can not accept the Koran, if they were to actually read it - they would see the principals are very similar to the old testament. The main differences come in with the new testament where there is different testomonies from different people. The gospel according to "Matthew, Mark etc" - we all know if we were to witness the same event we would all pickup on different points and retell the story with differencies and exagerrations. I feel that's what has happened with the old testimony of the bible. I love this website for sharing information and learning more about others beliefs but I don't like the tone of some of the replies in this thread. We should treat all others with respect as none of us should belittle someone for their beliefs. We will all be judged one day and the truth will then be known!
Another point to remember is that the bible does have different versions as well so there has been influence from outsiders through time - ie, even the ten commandments are different between catholic and protestant with catholics praying to statues and protestants following the commandment of no craven images - so there are arguments within the different sects of christianity never even mind other religions. I think there is a lot to be said for keeping the Koran in its true form to avoid points being misinterpreted.

So your saying that the difference between the quran and the bible is the new testament. I understand that.

But then you say that Christianity is close to being the same as islam?

WRONG! The whole focus of Christianity is Christ!

And the ten commandments are not different. There are not different versions of the bible, it is translated into different languages from its original three languages. Doing so does not change the contents or the meaning.

I think you are confusing catholic tradition with their beliefs.

dsfas
12-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Ok, stop answering the first question. We have moved on. Thanks though.

ok everyone calm down...

relax and have some tea and lets get back on topic :D

what about my questions :P
:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Strange, I grabbed a bottle of Arizona iced tea before I sat down :coolious:

format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam
How one man could simply change rules cause he doesn't agree with them and form his own church which people follow to this day.
How could he do that? Persuasion. The same thing mohammed did. He was persuasive. Its funny, you just gave an example on how a single person can get a great many followers by doing one small thing (ie writing a book and saying it was given to you by allah )

Aside from that, I still don't see what your'e poking at. Maybe your'e saying that my beliefs are false because King Henry changed something.

Sorry to tell you, but I'm a Christian, not a King Henry-ist. I dont care what he did, it affects nothing in my life. My beliefs have a foundation in the bible, not in catholics or protestant.

I dont have to be part of a religion to be a Christian. I believe what the Bible says. Any other document has the possibility of being false.

Listen dsfas, calm down - we not gona eat ya :) lol just calm down abit and we just discussing our faiths - lets not fight or argue, but instead - try to understand each others faiths.

is that ok? :)
Sure, thats fine. I dont want to calm down, I was having fun watching my warning level go up. (currently at 70% )

Dont worry, everones calm. Its still not developed into an uncivil argument. This isn't my first go-round.

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Greetings,

how can someone illiterate write a book??

peace
They couldnt. Who said he was illiterate? Since when did people start keeping records on who was literate or not? How would anyone know if he was literate or not? Who recorded this "fact?"

dsfas
12-28-2005, 12:36 AM
dfas - why don't you pick a verse of the koran you disagree with and we will debate that point. I wonder how much of the bible you can quote - as I have read both (not in full) and was astounded at the similarities. I fear you are arguing out of ignorance.

I disagree with the idea that it is considered a Holy book. It is not any more written by God than a book written by me.

Mrs A
12-28-2005, 12:38 AM
The whole focus of christianity as I was taught is God. Islam recognises Jesus as a prophet but not as God. This is where I get confused with christianity because who exactly was jesus praying to and asking her help? do you think he was talking to himself? I genuinely cannot work this out and that is why I cannot say I am Muslim or Christian but I believe in one God / creator and live my life by the commandments.

*charisma*
12-28-2005, 12:39 AM
Greetings

I disagree with the idea that it is considered a Holy book. It is not any more written by God than a book written by me.
but still you havent found anything corrupted or wrong within it, while i have found many things wrong in the Bible, and you still choose to contradict the Quran through ur blind ignorance....

im still waiting for your reply over the fact that i just proved to u the mistakes in the Bible

peace

- Qatada -
12-28-2005, 12:51 AM
Sure, thats fine. I dont want to calm down, I was having fun watching my warning level go up. (currently at 70% )

Dont worry, everones calm. Its still not developed into an uncivil argument. This isn't my first go-round.

dont worry about it, if you stick by the rules - by reading the FAQ, you'll know your limits.

http://www.islamicboard.com/faq/

They couldnt. Who said he was illiterate? Since when did people start keeping records on who was literate or not? How would anyone know if he was literate or not? Who recorded this "fact?"

We got proof which is in hadith, the hadith are classed within their authenticity levels, and the hadith which states that he (peace be upon him) was illiterate is authentic.

we've got his (peace be upon him)'s whole biography, backed up with authentic ahadith, so if you wna check it up - go in the biographies section and try to understand without talking about something you dont have any knowledge about.

dsfas
12-28-2005, 01:01 AM
No un-Islamic, anti-Islamic or inauthentic URLS in posts, profiles, PMs or signatures 15% warning

Repeating a serious rule violation 30% warning

Seems like you dont want to learn much about islam, and want to discuss something you have no knowledge about.

dsfas
12-28-2005, 01:12 AM
The whole focus of christianity as I was taught is God. Islam recognises Jesus as a prophet but not as God. This is where I get confused with christianity because who exactly was jesus praying to and asking her help? do you think he was talking to himself? I genuinely cannot work this out and that is why I cannot say I am Muslim or Christian but I believe in one God / creator and live my life by the commandments.

Oppose rule or show disrespect to an LI official 20% warning

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Greetings

but still you havent found anything corrupted or wrong within it, while i have found many things wrong in the Bible, and you still choose to contradict the Quran through ur blind ignorance....

im still waiting for your reply over the fact that i just proved to u the mistakes in the Bible

peace

Do not say "Islam says X" unless your position is based upon sound evidence - which means the Qur'an and the Sunnah. Always cite your sources. If quoting the Qur'an, give suroorat (chapter) and ayah (verse) number. For ahadeeth, you must the name of the collection, volume/book number and hadeeth number. Unless you quoting from an agreed-upon authenthic collection (i.e. Bukharee, Muslim) you must also provide authenthic information. 3% warning

No un-Islamic, anti-Islamic or inauthentic URLS in posts, profiles, PMs or signatures 15% warning

No attacks against Islam in any form will be tolerated on this discussion board. This includes, but is not limited to attacks on the Qur'an, Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), his family and companions, or any other prophets in Islam, or Islamic scholars, past or present. While some may complain that there is "freedom of speech" please remember this is a privately owned discussion board which was created and is maintained to serve the purpose of promoting Islam. What is allowed in speech is determined by the Admin and not the member. 20% warning

Okay.. so now this is the reason he was banned. Plus he did some of these attacks repeatedly, so thats not needed.

dsfas
12-28-2005, 01:13 AM
Questioning/protesting rules, or moderator's action, in public 20% warning

Umm Safiya
12-28-2005, 01:16 AM
Hey!

Congrats, :-\..

Maybe you should stop repeating yourself over and over and over.. And then read the replies by the others! To me it doesn't seem like you read it at all..

*charisma*
12-28-2005, 01:18 AM
Greetings,

thats not what this site says...
http://www.blueletterbible.org/

even the sites of the "holy bible" dont agree with the same text..

peace

dsfas
12-28-2005, 01:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ms. Amira
Hey!

Congrats, :-\..

Maybe you should stop repeating yourself over and over and over.. And then read the replies by the others! To me it doesn't seem like you read it at all..
I'm simply answering questions. I have about 6 people all asking at the same time.

*charisma*
12-28-2005, 01:33 AM
Greetings,

maybe if you read the replies more thoroughly you wouldnt be stuck in this problem...

anywayz, im calling it a day inshallah, ill give you a break and let u go through this thread, have ur mind cleared up and stuff.

Alhemdulilah, I thank Allah for giving me the patience and knowlege to be able to debate a nonmuslim. And for giving us All the patience, knowledge and wisdom to spread the word of Islam correctly, Alhemdulilah Alhemdulilah
And may Allah bless the brothers and sisters who are helping the misguided and who continue to strive keeping their piety and knowlege high. Ameen.
May Allah continue to guide us and keep His Angels above our heads, and may we all meet in jannat al firdous ameen.
Jazakum Allah kul khair. :) :)
love ya all for the sake of Allah

peace

Muhammad
12-28-2005, 01:43 AM
Greetings and:sl: ,

Due to the fact that the member dsfas has reached the 100% warning level, he has been temporarily banned for 3 days in the hope that he will learn to abide by rules and post respectfully, God-Willing.

I think we should thus close the thread,

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.