/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Seerah Quiz - Medium Level

sonz
12-27-2005, 08:42 PM
1. Which Sahabah did not hesitate at all in believeing in Allah and Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) as being the truth, but accepted wholeheartedly, purely and fully at once?

Umar (radiAllahu anhu)
Abu Bakr (radiAllahu anhu)
Salman al-Farsi (radiAllahu anhu)
Uthman (radiAllahu anhu)

2. How long was the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) suckled by Halima as-Sadiyah?

1 year
3 years
2 years
none of the above

3. What was the name of the Christian monk who recognised that Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) was a Prophet?

Waraqah
Bahira
Abrahah
none of the above

4. The year in which Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) lost his wife Khadijah bint Khawlaid (radiAllahu anha) is also given the title as what?

The Year of Death
The Year of Patience
The Year of Sorrow

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummhabibah
12-27-2005, 08:58 PM
salaam
i am trying again i m 00% sure but will try
Q1.Abu Bakr (radiAllahu anhu)
Q2.2 years
Q3.Bahira
Q4.The Year of Sorrow

ummhabibah
12-27-2005, 09:00 PM
I Mean I Am Not A 100% Sure.sorry About The Spelling

Umm Safiya
12-27-2005, 10:58 PM
:sl:

Hmm.. I don't think I'll do very well here, but maybe I can suprise myself, inshâ'Allâh?

1. Abu Bakr radiy Allâhu 'anhu

2. 3 years

3. Waraqah

4. The Year of Sorrow

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
12-27-2005, 11:03 PM
:salamext:

1. Umar (radiAllaahu anhu)

2. 2years

3. Bahira

4. The year of Sorrow..

Tasneem
12-27-2005, 11:11 PM
1.Abu Bakr(ra)because remember it took Umar a while to accept islam
So it cant be Umar(r.a)
2.2yrs(Because u cant suckle past the age of 2)
3.Bahira
4.the year of sorrow i believe inshallah

SaLaMz

hissa
12-27-2005, 11:23 PM

Good questions,
Hmm... let me give it a try..

1) Abu Bakr
2) 2 years
3) Bahira (I had an exam question on this for one of my classes :sister: )
4) I think it was year of sorrow.. was this becuase the prophet alhualsalat wal salam lost his wife Khadjia RA and his uncle Hamza RA in the same year?

- Qatada -
12-27-2005, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hissa

Good questions,

1) Abu Bakr
2) 2 years
3) Bahira (I had an exam question on this for one of my classes :sister: )

4) I think it was year of sorrow.. was this becuase the prophet alhualsalat wal salam lost his wife Khadjia RA and his uncle Hamza RA in the same year?

:wasalamex

yeah sister.. thats why it was called the year of sorrow.

Mainul_Islam
12-28-2005, 01:27 AM

1. Umar?
2. 2 yrs
3. Waraqah
4. Year of Sorrow

Umm Safiya
12-28-2005, 01:29 AM

When do you give us the answers? I wanna know if I'm right or wrong.. Sorry; sabr sabr..

Umm Safiya
12-28-2005, 01:30 AM

Waraqa, he was the Khadijah's radiy Allâhu anha cousin yeah? He was a priest or munk or sumin' right?

shanu
12-28-2005, 01:37 AM
Actually, it was not his uncle hamza he lost in da year of sorrow, its is Abu Talib. Correct me if im wrong. From what i learnt, Hamza passed away during a war, if im right its da 2nd war he fought, im nt too sure of da name, the only thing i find difficult to remember is da names :S

Umm Safiya
12-28-2005, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shanu
Actually, it was not his uncle hamza he lost in da year of sorrow, its is Abu Talib. Correct me if im wrong. From what i learnt, Hamza passed away during a war, if im right its da 2nd war he fought, im nt too sure of da name, the only thing i find difficult to remember is da names :S
Assalâmu 'alaykum!

Who said it was Hamza, ukhti..? :)

shanu
12-28-2005, 01:54 AM
assalamu alaikum
Ma answers will be
Abu Bakr (Ra) becos from da book i read, he accepted it at once becos he wasnt really a staunch believer in idols, and he accepted islam whole heartedly

the 2nd answer is 2 years, the prophet pbuh was suckled 2 years, Halima as-Sadiyah brought him to makkah after 2 years, but there was some disease in mecca at that time, so Halima as-Sadiyah, brought the baby back, and the Prophet pbuh lived with Halima as-Sadiyah for a total of 4 years :) N that was where he inherited his eloquence in speech.

my 3rd answer is Buhairah :D

the last is year of sorrow

:)

shanu
12-28-2005, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by hissa
Good questions,

1) Abu Bakr
2) 2 years
3) Bahira (I had an exam question on this for one of my classes )
What i was trying to say was that it wasnt Hamza who passed away during da same year when khadija (Ra) passed away, it was actually Abu talib :coolsis:

:coolsis: :loving: :brother:
shanu

sonz
12-28-2005, 09:09 AM
salama

the winner is ummhabibah!!!

those who had the same answers as ummhabibah are correct but the first 1 who had the answers can get reps

masalama

hissa
12-28-2005, 08:50 PM

hmm.. i don't know if it was Abu Talibit... I'm almost sure it was hamza who died in the year of sorrow. I could be wrong though. You're right however that hamza did die in the 2nd war in islam. It was called the battle of Uhud... THe course I'm taking on Arab history is really coming in handy ;D :sister:

hissa
12-28-2005, 09:03 PM

Ok, I did research to see if it was Hamza or Abu Talib who died in the year of sorrow.... it was Abu Talib. Guess I was wrong. Oh well... I'm still cool :coolsis: hehe..

Mainul_Islam
12-28-2005, 11:23 PM

didnt Khadija, Hamza, AND Abu Talib pass away in the same year?? :-\

[edit]: my mistake, Hamza died after Hijra (while Abu Talib died before Hijra).

Shana524
12-28-2005, 11:44 PM
Jazakallah Khayr bro, this is fun. but I was too late to take the quiz :unhappy: . The answers are already posted. Bro Sonz, more questions please.

shanu
12-29-2005, 07:41 AM
its ok hissa
everyone knows ur still cool ;)

shanu
12-29-2005, 07:41 AM
this is fun, more questions wld be good

hissa
12-29-2005, 09:06 PM
its ok hissa
everyone knows ur still cool ;)
Haha... Thanx ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.