/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam Vs Terrorism (edited version)

Andaraawus
12-28-2005, 12:34 AM
THE MEANING OF JIHAD

Jihad is a word that encompasses anything to do with struggle, a term often misunderstood to mean Holy War (Harbun Qudsun). A mother that brings up a child, A father working to put food on the table, a community building a school can also be termed as a Jihad, so in reality the word Jihad can have positive meaning whereas the word war may not always be a positive thing.

JIHAD IN THE QURAN AND THE SUNNAH

And whosoever STRIVES (JAAHADA), STRIVES (YUJAAHIDU) only for himself (29:6)

As for those who STRIVE (JAHADU) in Us (the cause of Allah), We surely guide them to Our paths, and lo! Allah is with the good doers. (29:69)

FIGHTING AINST ONES OWN EVIL IS A JIHAD

The Holy Prophet said to the Muslims when they was returning from battle:
"We are now returning from the lesser Jihad (Jihad ul Asghar) to the greater Jihad (Jihad ul Akbar) , the Jihad against the self." They asked: "What is the greater jihad? He said: "The servant's struggle against his lust." (Ibn al-Qayyim al-Fawa'id. Sunan Nisa'I, al-Bayhaqi in al-Zuhd al-Kabir (p. 165 §373=p. 198 §374) and al-Khatib in Tarikh Baghdad (13:493=13:523) cf. al-Ahdab, Zawa'id Tarikh Baghdad (9:309-311 §2077). Imam al-Ghazzali – ihya uluwm ud deen cited by Ibn Rajab in his Sharh Hadith Labbayk (p. 128))

You have come back from the smaller jihad; what about the greater one?" They asked, "What is the greater jihad?" He [Ibn Abi `Abla] replied: "The jihad of the heart." (narrated by al-Nasa'i in his Kuna, narrated by al-Bayhaqi in al-Zuhd (p. 152). Ibn Hajar, Tahdhib al-Tahdhib (1:142)

“The most excellent type of Jihad is to practice jihad against your own self and own desires for the sake of Allah., and the most excellent type of hijrah (emigration) is to abandon evil deeds and sin." (Tirmidhi, Ahmad, and Tabarani, Ibn Majah, Al Hakim Sahih Ibn Hibbanm, No. 4862, Ibn Hibban (#1624, 2519): Authentic; - Shu`ayb al-Arna'ut (Commentary on Ibn Hibban): authentic; - al-Hakim: sahih; - `Iraqi confirms him; - it is also in; - Albani included it in the "Sahiha".)

DOING A PERFECT HAJJ IS A JIHAD

A'isha, Allah be well-pleased with her, asked: 'Messenger of Allah, we see jihad as the best of deeds, so shouldn't we join it?' He replied, 'But the best jihad is a perfect Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah).'" (Sahih Al-Bukhari #2784)

LOOKING AFTER THE PARENTS IS A JIHAD

On another occasion, a man asked: "Should I join the jihad?" The Prophet asked, upon him peace, "Do you have parents?" The man said yes. The Prophet said: "Then do jihad by serving them!" (Sahih Al-Bukhari #5972)

SPEAKING THE TRUTH IN A COURT OF AN OPPRESSOR IS A JIHAD

Muhammad encouraged Muslims to demand justice in the name of Allah. When asked: "'What kind of jihad is better?' Muhammad replied, 'A word of truth in front of an oppressive ruler!'" Sunan Al-Nasa'i , No. 4209

MILLATARY JIHAD IS NOT THE 6TH PILLAR OF ISLAM

"And it is not proper for the believers to go out to fight in Jihad all together. Of every troop of them, a party only should go forth, that they (who are left behind) may get instructions in the deen, and that they may warn their people when they return to them, so that they may beware (of evil).” (Quran 9:122)

Every Muslim has to forfill the pillars of Islam, the witnessing of there is no God but Allah and Muhammad saw is His Messeneger, the establishment of prayer 5 times a day, paying zakat, fasting in the month of Ramadan and doing pilgrimage to makkah but the above verse shows that not everybody has to do a military jihad therefore it is not a pillar of Islam.

EVEN NON MUSLIMS CAN DO JIHAD AGAINST MUSLIMS

And We have stressed on man concerning his parents, his mother bore him undergoing weakness upon weakness and his weaning takes two years that give thanks to Me and to your parents. Lastly, the return is towards Me. And if they both do Jihad to make you associate with Me a thing of which you have no knowledge then obey them not and accompany them in the world very well and follow him who turned to Me repently, then to Me is your return, I shall inform you what you used to do. , sura 31 verse 14-15

We have insisted on man to be kind towards parents. And if they do Jihad to make you associate with Me of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not. To Me is your return, then I will inform you, what you used to do. Surah 29 verse 8

KAREN ARMSTRONG SPEAKS ABOUT THE ISLAMIC JIHAD

In her book "Muhammed," author Karen Armstrong writes: "Fighting and warfare might sometimes be necessary, but it was only a minor part of the whole jihad or struggle. A well-known tradition (hadith) has Muhammad say on returning from a battle, ' We return from the little jihad to the greater jihad,' the more difficult and crucial effort to conquer the forces of evil in oneself and and in one's own society in all the details of daily life." (Karen Armstrong, "Muhammed: A biography of the Prophet," Harper SanFrancisco, (1993 )

GOD ALLOWS THE FIGHTING AGAINST OPPRESSION

"To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to defend themselves), because they are wronged - and verily, Allah is Most Powerful to give them victory - (they are) those who have been expelled from their homes in defiance of right - (for no cause) except that they say, 'Our Lord is Allah'..." (The Holy Quran, 22:39-40)

"Fight in the cause of Allah against those who fight against you, but do not transgress limits. Lo! Allah loves not aggressors. ...And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against transgressors."(The Holy Quran, 2:190, 193)

"And why should you not fight in the cause of Allah and of those who, being weak, are ill-treated (and oppressed)? - Men, women, and children, whose cry is: 'Our Lord! Rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from You, one who will protect; and raise for us from You, one who will help.'" (The Holy Quran, 4:75)

"And those who, when an oppressive wrong is inflicted on them, (are not cowed but) fight back."(The Holy Quran, 42:39)

"They ask you (Muhammad) concerning fighting in the Sacred Month. Say, 'Fighting therein is a grave (offense) but graver is it in the sight of Allah to prevent access to the path of Allah, to deny Him, to prevent access to the Sacred Mosque, and drive out its inhabitants. Persecution is worse than killing. Nor will they cease fighting you until they turn you back from your faith, if they can..."(The Holy Quran, 2:217)

TO BE KIND TO THE NON MUSLIMS WHO DON?T FIGHT AGAINST YOU

God does not forbid you from being good to those who have not fought you over religion or driven you from your homes, or from being just towards them. God loves those who are just. God merely forbids you from taking as friends those who have fought you over religion and driven you from your homes and who supported your expulsion... (Qur?an, 60:8-9)

RULES OF COMBAT

Upon the Holy Prophets advice Abu Bakr gave the following command to his army before the first Syrian expedition: Stop, O people that I may give you ten rules to keep by heart: Do not commit treachery, nor depart from the right path. You must not mutilate, neither kill a child or aged man or woman. Do not destroy a palm tree, nor burn it with fire and do not cut any fruitful tree. You must not slay any of the flock or herds or the camels, save for your subsistence. You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them to that to which they have devoted their lives. You are likely, likewise, to find people who will present to you meals of many kinds. You may eat; but do no forget to mention the name of Allah. (Tabari, ta rich, 1, 1850, cited in majid khadduri, war and peace in the law of Islam, john Hopkins press, Baltimore, 1955, p. 102.)

PROHIBTION OF KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE WOMEN AND CHILDREN

if someone kills another person ? unless it is in retaliation for someone else or for causing corruption in the earth ? it is as if he had murdered all mankind. And if anyone gives life to another person, it is as if he had given life to all mankind... (Qur?an, 5:32)

do not kill anyone God has made inviolate, except with the right to do so, and do not fornicate; anyone who does that will receive an evil punishment. (Qur?an, 25:68)

When the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) appointed anyone as leader of an army or detachment he would especially exhort him to fear Allah and to be good to the Muslims who were with him. He would say: Fight in the name of Allah and in the cause of Allah. Fight against those who do not believe in Allah. Wage a holy war: do not embezzle the spoils, do not break your pledge, do not mutilate (the dead) bodies and do not kill the children.(Sahih Muslim 804)

when the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, sent out a raiding party, he would say to them, 'Make your raids in the name of Allah in the way of Allah? do not kill children. (Maliks Muwatta 21:11)

The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, forbade those to kill women and children. He said that one of the men fighting had said, 'The wife of ibn Abi Huqayq began screaming and I repeatedly raised my sword against her. Then I would remember the prohibition of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, so I would stop. Had it not been for that, we would have been rid of her.' " (Maliks Muwatta 21:8)

The Holy Prophet said Do not kill children. Avoid touching people who devote themselves to worship in churches! Never murder women and the elderly. Do not set trees on fire or cut them down. Never destroy houses! (Ahmad Diya?al deen al hadith, vol one 84/8)

Abu Bakr on a military expedition said: "I advise you ten things: Do not kill women or children or an aged, infirm person. Do not cut down fruit-bearing trees. Do not destroy an inhabited place. Do not slaughter sheep or camels except for food. Do not burn bees and do not scatter them. Do not steal from the booty, and do not be cowardly." (Imam Maliks Muwatta 21:10)

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) did not kill the children of the enemy, so you should not kill the children. (Sahih Muslim 8:35)

PROHIBITION OF MUTALATION AND ROBERRY

The Prophet forbade robbery and also forbade mutilation (or maiming) of bodies. (Sahih Bukhari 3:654)

When the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) appointed anyone as leader of an army or detachment he would especially exhort him to fear Allah and to be good to the Muslims who were with him. He would say: Fight in the name of Allah and in the cause of Allah. Fight against those who do not believe in Allah. Wage a holy war: do not embezzle the spoils, do not break your pledge, do not mutilate (the dead) bodies and do not kill the children.(Sahih Muslim 804)

when the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, sent out a raiding party, he would say to them, 'Make your raids in the name of Allah in the way of Allah. Do not mutilate and do not kill children.' (Maliks Muwatta 21:11)

PROHIBITION OF BURNING PEOPLE WITH FIRE

Narrated Ikrima Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.? (Sahih Bukhari 4:60)

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud We were with the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him)
during a journey. He went to ease himself. We saw a bird with her two young ones and we captured her young ones. The bird came and began to spread its wings. The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) came and said: Who grieved this for its young ones? Return its young ones to it. He also saw an ant village that we had burnt. He asked: Who has burnt this? We
replied: We. He said: It is not proper to punish with fire except the Lord of fire. (Sunan Abu Dawud 1131)

PROHIBITION OF COMMITTING SUCICIDE

Do not kill yourselves indeed Allah has been Most Merciful with you And who does that out of aggression and injustice then We shall burn him in fire and that is easy for Allah (4:29-30)

Do not take life which Allah hath made sacred.? (6:151, 17:33 25:68)

Suicide bombing is an action of despair and Prophet Jacob said to his sons: Do not despair the spirit of Allah, indeed no one despairs the spirit of Allah except the disbelieving people (12:86)

The Prophet peace be upon him said: ?Indeed, whoever kills himself, then certainly he will be punished in the Fire of Hell, wherein he shall dwell forever.?(Sahih Bukhari 5778 and Sahih Muslim 109 and 110)

Whoever commits suicide with piece of iron will be punished with the same piece of iron in the Hell Fire." Narrated Jundab the Prophet said, "A man was inflicted with wounds and he committed suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him." (Sahih Bukhari 7:670, 2:445)

the Prophet peace be upon him said let there be no harming your self or harming other people (Hadith 32 of Imam Nawawi?s 40 hadith )

PROHIBTION OF WISHING FOR DEATH

The Holy Prophet said: none amongst you should make a request for death, and do not call for it before it comes, for when any of you dies, he ceases (to do good) deeds and the life of a believer is not prolonged but for goodness. (Sahih Muslim 1234, Sahih Bukhari 7:577)

One companion of the Holy Prophet said ?Had the Prophet not forbidden us to wish for death, I would have wished for it." (Bukhari 7:576)

the Holy Prophet recommended to supplicate by saying: O Allah, keep me alive as long as there is goodness in life for me and bring death to me when there is goodness in death for me. (Sahih Bukhari 7:575)

DOES ISLAM TEACH TO HATE THE JEWS?

Narrated Anas ibn Malik When Safiyyah heard that Hafsah had called her a Jew's daughter she wept. Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) came in where she was while she was weeping and asked her what was making her weep. When she told him Hafsah had called her a Jew's daughter the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "You are a prophet's daughter, your paternal uncle was a prophet, and you are married to a prophet, so what has she to boast of over you?" He then said, "Fear Allah, Hafsah." Tirmidhi 1645

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As Mujahid said that Abdullah ibn Amr slaughtered a sheep and said: Have you presented a gift from it to my neighbour, the Jew, for I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) say: Gabriel kept on commending the neighbour to me so that I thought he would make an heir? Abu Dawud 2446

Narrated Abdur Rahman bin Abi Laila Sahl bin Hunaif and Qais bin Sad were sitting in the city of Al-Qadisiya. A funeral procession passed in front of them and they stood up. They were told that funeral procession was of one of the inhabitants of the land i.e. of a non-believer, under the protection of Muslims. They said, "A funeral procession passed in front of the Prophet and he stood up. When he was told that it was the coffin of a Jew, he said, "Is it not a living being (soul)?" Bukahri 2:339

Narrated Abu Said Al Khudri While Allah's Apostle was sitting, a Jew came and said, "O Abul Qasim! One of your companions has slapped me on my face." The Prophet asked who that was. He replied that he was one of the Ansar. The Prophet sent for him, and on his arrival, he asked him whether he had beaten the Jew. He (replied in the affirmative and) said, "I heard him taking an oath in the market saying, 'By Him Who gave Moses superiority over all the human beings.' I said, 'O wicked man! (Has Allah given Moses superiority) even over Muhammad? I became furious and slapped him over his face." The Prophet said, "Do not give a prophet superiority over another, for on the Day of Resurrection all the people will fall unconscious and I will be the first to emerge from the earth, and will see Moses standing and holding one of the legs of the Throne. I will not know whether Moses has fallen unconscious or the first unconsciousness was sufficient for him." Bukhari 3:595

THE FIRST SUICIDE MARTYR

The first suicide martyr is Samson which is narrated in the Bible (Judges chapter 16) He committed suicide along with killing 3000 palestinian men and women (Judges 16:27) the Jews and the Christians glorify this act, but within the doctrines Islam this ideology is absent.

PROHIBITION OF MAKING MISCHEIF IN THE EARTH

Eat and drink of God's provision and do not go about the earth corrupting it. (Qur?an, 2:60)

Do not corrupt the earth after it has been put right. Call on Him fearfully and eagerly. God?s mercy is close to the good-doers. (Qur?an, 7:56)

God does not uphold the works of those who cause mischief.? (Qur?an, 10:81)

When they are told, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are only putting things right." No indeed! They are the corrupters, but they are not aware of it. (Qur?an, 2:11-12)

But as for those who break God?s contract after it has been agreed and sever what God has commanded to be joined, and cause corruption in the earth, the curse will be upon them. They will have the Evil Abode. (Qur?an, 13:25)

GOD HATES CORRUPTION AND MISCHEIF

God does not love corruption" . (Qur?an, 2:205)

GOD IS AGAINST WARMONGERS

Each time they kindle the fire of war, God extinguishes it. They rush about the earth corrupting it. God does not love corrupters. (Qur?an, 5:64)

Whenever he holds the upperhand, he goes about the earth corrupting it, destroying (people's) crops and breeding stock. God does not love corruption. When he is told to have fear of God, he is seized by pride which drives him to wrongdoing. Hell will be enough for him! What an evil resting-place. (Qur?an, 2:205-206)

THE PUNISHMENT OF THOSE WHO CAUSE MISCHEIF IN THE EARTH

There are only grounds against those who wrong people and act as tyrants in the earth without any right to do so. Such people will have a painful punishment. (Qur?an, 42:42)

But as for those who break God?s contract after it has been agreed and sever what God has commanded to be joined, and cause corruption in the earth, the curse will be upon them. They will have the Evil Abode. (Qur?an, 13:25)

Those who wage war against Allah and Allah and His Messenger and strive to make mischief in the earth, their punishment is execution, or crucifixion or the cutting off of the hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land (5:33 Qur?an)

PAST NATIONS DESTROYED FOR GOING TO EXTREMES IN THE RELGION

Allah says ?Do not go to extremes in your religion? (Quran 4:171)

The Holy Prophet said ?Beware of extremism for extremism destroyed the people before you (Ahmad and others) ?iyyakum wal ?ghuluw-wa fa-inna-ma ah(tied ha)laka man kaa na Qablakum al ?ghuluw-wu.

GOD FORBIDS GROUP METALAITYS IN WRONG DEEDS

Help one another in benevolence and piety. Do not help each other to wrongdoing and enmity. And fear God. God is severe in retribution. (Qur?an, 5:2)

Let not the hatred of a people [who once] obstructed you from the Sacred Mosque lead you to transgress. Help one another in benevolence and piety, and help not one another in sin and transgression? (Qur?an, 5:2)

But do not obey any vile swearer of oaths, any backbiter, slandermonger, impeder of good, evil aggressor, gross, coarse and furthermore, despicable.(Qur?an, 68:10-13)

GOD COMMANDS FORGIVENESS NOT REVENGE

We did not create the heavens and earth and everything between them, except with truth. The Hour is certainly coming, so forgive with fair forbearance. (Qur?an, 15:85)

Those of you possessing affluence and ample wealth should not make oaths that they will not give to their relatives and the very poor and those who have made emigration in the way of God. They should rather pardon and overlook. Would you not love God to forgive you? God is Ever-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Qur?an, 24:22)

Make allowances for people? (Qur?an, 7:199)

A good action and a bad action are not the same. Repel the bad with something better and, if there is enmity between you and someone else, he will be like a bosom friend.? (Qur?an 41:34)

The repayment of a bad action is one equivalent to it. But if someone pardons and puts things right, his reward is with God. Certainly He does not love wrongdoers.? (Qur?an, 42:40)

those who give in times of both ease and hardship, those who control their rage and pardon other people ? God loves the good-doers" (Qur?an, 3:134)

You will never cease to come upon some act of treachery on their part, except for a few of them. Yet pardon them, and overlook. God loves good-doers. (Qur?an, 5:13)

GOD COMMANDS JUSTICE IN ALL CASES

God commands you to return to their owners the things you hold on trust and, when you judge between people, to judge with justice. How excellent is what God exhorts you to do! God is All-Hearing, All-Seeing. (Qur?an, 4:58 )

if you do judge, judge between them justly (Quran 5:42)

O You who believe! Be upholders of justice, bearing witness for God alone, even against yourselves or your parents and relatives. Whether they are rich or poor, God is well able to look after them. Do not follow your own desires and deviate from the truth. If you twist or turn away, God is aware of what you do. (Qur?an, 4:135)

O Mankind! We created you from a male and female, and made you into peoples and tribes so that you might come to know each other. The noblest among you in God?s sight is that one of you who best performs his duty. God is All-Knowing, All-Aware. (Qur?an, 49:13)

O You who believe! Show integrity for the sake of God, bearing witness with justice. Do not let hatred for a people incite you into not being just. Be just. That is closer to faith. Heed God (alone). God is aware of what you do. (Qur?an, 5:8 )

GOD COMMANDS GOODNESS

And do good as God has been good to you. And do not seek to cause corruption in the earth. God does not love corrupters. (Qur?an, 28:77)

Be good to your parents and relatives and to orphans and the very poor, and to neighbours who are related to you and neighbours who are not related to you, and to companions and travellers and your slaves. God does not love anyone vain or boastful. (Qur?an, 4:36)

ISLAM ENCOURAGES TO BE MERCIFUL AND COMPASSIONATE

In a famous saying of Muhammad, may God bless him and grant him peace, he says: ?The merciful are shown mercy by the Merciful one. Show mercy to those on earth and you will be shown mercy by the One in Heaven.?

The Qur?an declares that Muhammad was sent as a Mercy to the worlds (21:107) something to which he himself testified when he refused to curse a warring tribe: ?I have not been sent to curse, but as a summoner and as a mercy?.

the Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace, declared that ?people are God?s children and those dearest to God are the ones who treat His children kindly.?12

Muhammad God bless him and grant him peace, used to say that even if one person remains hungry in a particular area, no angel will descend in that area until that hungry person is fed.13

GOD COMMANDS COMPASSION

Then to be one of those who have faith and urge each other to steadfastness and urge each other to compassion. Those are the Companions of the Right. (Qur?an, 90:17-18)

ISLAM SPREADS PEACE

O You who believe! Enter absolutely into peace (Islam). Do not follow in the footsteps of Satan. He is an outright enemy to you. (The Qur?an, 48:26)

THE TRUE SERVANT OF ALLAH

And the true servants of the Merciful (Allah) are those who walk on the earth with humility and softness and when the ignorant address them they reply with peace (Quran 25:68)

SPEAK GENTLY WITH PEOPLE

Speak good to people (Quran 2:83)

Go to Pharaoh; he has overstepped the bounds. But speak to him with gentle words so that hopefully he will pay heed or show some fear. (Qur?an, 20:43-44)

And to Madyan their brother Shu?ayb. He said, ?My people, worship God! You have no deity apart from Him. Do not give short measure and short weight. I see you prospering and I fear for you the punishment of an all-encompassing Day. My people! Give full measure and full weight with justice; do not diminish people's goods; and do not go about the earth, corrupting it. What endures with God is better for you if you are believers. I am not set over you as your keeper.? They said, ?Shu?ayb, do your prayers instruct you that we should abandon what our fathers worshipped or stop doing whatever we want to with our wealth? Yet you are such a lenient, normal person!? He said, ?My people! What do you think? If I do possess a Clear Sign from my Lord and He has given me His good provision, I do not want to oppose you in what way I am forbidding you. I only want to put things right as far as I can. My success is with God alone. I have put my trust in Him and I turn to Him.? (Qur?an, 11:84-88)

tender-hearted and forbearing.? (Qur?an, 9:114)

It is a mercy from God that you were gentle with them. If you had been rough or hard of heart, they would have scattered from around you. So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them, and consult with them about the matter. Then when you have reached a firm decision, put your trust in God. God loves those who put their trust in Him. (Qur?an, 3:159)

ISLAM IS NOT BY FORCE!

Call to the way of your Lord with wisdom and fair admonition, and argue with them in the kindest way. Your Lord knows best who is misguided from His way. And He knows best who are guided. (Qur?an, 16:125)

So remind them! You are only a reminder. You are not in control of them. (Qur?an, 88:21-22)

Call to the way of your Lord with wisdom and fair admonition...? (Qur?an, 16:125)

You are not responsible for their guidance, but God guides whoever He wills.? (Qur?an, 2:272)

To you your religion, and to me, mine? (Qur?an, 109:6)

If your Lord had willed, all the people on the earth would have believed. Do you think you can force people to be believers? (Qur?an, 10:99)

We know best what they say and you [O Muhammad] are not a compeller over them. But warn by the Qur?an whoever fears My warning. (Qur?an, 50:45)

Do those who believe not know that if God had wanted to He could have guided all mankind? (Qur?an, 13:31)

If your Lord had willed, all the people on the earth would have believed. Do you think you can force people to be believers? (Qur?an, 10:99)

There is no compulsion in religion. True guidance has become clearly distinct from error. Anyone who rejects false deities and has belief in God has grasped the Firmest Handhold, which will never give way. God is All-Hearing, All-Knowing. (Qur?an, 2:256)

Say: ?Mankind! The truth has come to you from your Lord. Whoever is guided is only guided for his own good. Whoever is misguided is only misguided to his detriment. I have not been set over you as a guardian.? (Qur?an, 10:108)

"of any organized attempt to force the acceptance of Islam on the non-Muslim population, or of any systematic persecution intended to stamp out the Christian religion, we hear nothing. Had the caliphs chosen to adopt either course of action, they might have swept away Christianity as easily as Ferdinand and Isabella drove Islam out of Spain, or Louis XIV made Protestantism penal in France, or the Jews were kept out of England for 350 years. The Eastern Churches in Asia were entirely cut off from communion with the rest of Christiandom throughout which no one would have been found to lift a finger on their behalf, as heretical communions. So that the very survival of these Churches to the present day is a strong proof of the generally tolerant attitude of Mohammedan [sic] governments towards them"( Arnold, Sir Thomas W., The Preaching of Islam, a History of the Propagation of the Muslim Faith, Westminister A. Constable & Co., London, 1896, p. 80)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Andaraawus
12-28-2005, 11:58 AM
:sl: I would be greatful if somebody has a way to improve this or add to this ...many heads are better than one wasalams

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.