/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New finding on Apple juices!!!!IMPORTANT!

afriend
12-28-2005, 01:03 AM
:sl:

This is in brief, but if you want a complete and detailed story visit www.fozley.tk

Just found out that apple juice is filtered through 'Gelatine'(pig fat).

It was found when 1 day a brother was making some homemade apple juice and then after a while the apple juice went cloudy which is completely normal. But when he bought some normal apple juice from a superstore, then he observed that the apple juice doesn't go cloudy even after a long time. So he went to a factory where they made apple juice and to his surprise they were using gelatine to filter the juice. also because they don't add it to the product they don't need 2 put it on the ingredients list!!!

Shocking isn't it?!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :rant: :rant:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tasneem
12-28-2005, 01:14 AM
Oh my Allah!!
Thats disgusting!
Oh when i read that my stomach started to churn
I felt like i was going to throw up
Ewwww...pig fat in Apple juice??!!!
How nasty can these ppl.get?!

SaLaMz(my stomach is still hurting)

afriend
12-28-2005, 09:38 AM
What's that supposed to mean???!!!:rant:

I was only letting u know, and announcing that this is a bad thing...Didn't you visit my website? I am trying to campaign against it!!!!:w:

Tasneem
12-28-2005, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fozley
What's that supposed to mean???!!!:rant:

I was only letting u know, and announcing that this is a bad thing...Didn't you visit my website? I am trying to campaign against it!!!!:w:
o.k i know...i was saying how disgusting it is
Thanx 4 telling me
not trying to argue

Sorry if i insulted u:phew ...did'nt mean to

SaLaMz

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*shamz*
12-28-2005, 08:41 PM
SALAAMZ
OMG that is sooo shockin and that is sum tin i neva thort of and is it halal gelatine- halal beef gelatine could it be?

afriend
12-28-2005, 09:16 PM
well if it were 2 be halal there would be no questions asked. but this is a huge problem and this matter must be taken further. please be more aware and try and question all retailers that sell apple juice!

If I organise to send a letter to as many retailers and foodshops, and if there is no good response then can you help me to advance my campaign to it's fullest!

Inshallah!please!

Umm Yoosuf
12-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Can't seem to access your site :confused:

afriend
12-28-2005, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun
o.k i know...i was saying how disgusting it is
Thanx 4 telling me
not trying to argue

Sorry if i insulted u:phew ...did'nt mean to

SaLaMz
Well Actually I'm sorry....really sorry...I misunderstood. Anyway please support my campaign...:-\

afriend
12-28-2005, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah
Why is that?? every1 else can access, try to copy and paste the url...

Umm Yoosuf
12-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

I do not know brother :) A blank page opens up :(

afriend
12-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

I do not know brother :) A blank page opens up :(
Ok I'm sorry. But you get the detail in brief anyway. so what is your reaction/

can you support my campaign?:w:

hissa
12-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Salam

Ewww.. pig fat? Good thing I hate apple juice. THanks for informing us though.

afriend
12-28-2005, 10:00 PM
ALTHOUGH this is from an extremely trustable source(newspaper)...It still needs a bit more research just to make sure, because although I am quite certain this is the truth. But until further notice STAY AWAY FROM APPLE JUICES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-\ :nervous:

Tasneem
12-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Well Actually I'm sorry....really sorry...I misunderstood. Anyway please support my campaign...:-\
Inshallah i will try:coolsis:

SaLaMz

afriend2
01-07-2006, 03:27 PM
jazakAllah for that information brother,
im never going to touch the thing again. and yeah i'll try and help with the campaign inshAllah.

wassalam.

ummAbdillah
01-07-2006, 03:45 PM
salaam
and i drink apple juice all the time
yuck
:heated:

shanu
01-07-2006, 03:58 PM
hmm, wat brand of apple juice is tht??? R all apple juice makers do it dat way??? I use Cyprina, n i think they even haf a halal chop there, n some arabic scripts behind. Can dat be trusted ???

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-19-2006, 08:34 PM

br fozley im wid u all the way inshA, i have some contacts dat i can get in touch wid to see if they (companies) use halal/haraam gelatine.

pls tell me the makers of the juice u talking bout

ws

Snowflake
01-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Gosh, never thought juices could be haraam. Anywayz, good job ur doing Fozley bro. Just found out something else. it's not only apple juice but seems orange juice is filtered the same way...

I found this site, where I got the following extract from:

"We're standing outside, about to leave, and the guy comes up to me and says, "Look, if you're serious about no animal products, and I can see you are... Do you make your own juice?"
Huh? Um, not yet, no.

And then he goes on to explain about when he worked at this Juice Company.
Apparently once they'd put all the oranges into the vat, or whatever, and were getting the juice out of them, they added GELATIN to help release the juice or something. I can't remember what he said.
And he also said that that juice went*everywhere* because their company sold it to alot of other companies.

Apparently they even had some Jewish Rabbis or something fly over to inspect their company and make sure they weren't using pig gelatin, because they supplied juice to that country.

And he said, "So you should get your own juicer instead of buying juice if you don't want to use any animal products."-

here's the link if you wanna read more..

http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/a...p/t-16172.html

shanu
01-20-2006, 12:02 AM
salam
Uh ho!
this is terrible Hey thank u so much for the link dear sis, Its really scary i drink juic almost everyday, its sadenning, maybe i may haf to stick to da traditional way of eating fruit rather than drinking juice, im too lazy to do it in da juicer

zaheer
01-20-2006, 12:33 AM
ah man, apple juice is my best drink

afriend
01-22-2006, 10:23 PM
thread closed

FURTHER RESEARCH SHOWS THAT ONLY GELATIN IS USED NOT GELATINE

Selising
01-23-2006, 05:43 AM
I can't really differentiate gelatine and gelatin. Whats the different, one is pork origin, one is from other animal, is it? but which one? So does it means that the one that has been used to filter apple juice is not from pig?

How they make apple cider?

Snowflake
01-23-2006, 09:53 AM
There is no difference, except in the spelling. I checked that in the dictionary to make sure. Then again, on the internet.

Gelatine,Gelatin (jella-tin/jella-teen) A colourless or slightly yellow, transparent, brittle protein formed by boiling the specially prepared skin, bones, and connective tissue of animals.

http://www.gelatin-gmia.com/html/gelatine_history.html

^Carrageenan is a natural polysaccharide (carbohydrate) extracted from red seaweed. It is referred to as a seaweed gelatin much like agar agar.

Note that plant gelatine is a carbohydrate, while animal gelatine is a protien. Yet both substances are known by the same name because of their gelatinous qualities. Although, some animal gelatin manufacturers don't class plant extracts as gelatin.

Also, bear in mind that Americans and British, spell things differently.

aZn_pLayGurL
01-23-2006, 09:57 AM
HaWww Apple jUIcE mA FAvOUrItE :'( :'(:'(

khadijah06
01-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Oh man! i love apple juice, its one of my favorite juices! :'(

Snowflake
01-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Buy a juicer and make your own then.

khadijah06
01-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Looks like im going to have to.

Snowflake
01-23-2006, 11:20 AM
In fact, you could end up healthier for it. And whilst you're at it, try carrot juice, yogurt smoothies (blend fruit, yogurt, ice) the list is endless.

I remember when I went to Pakistan. My nan used to make yogurt by, adding a tiny amount of yogurt to milk and leaving it over night. Hey presto! The next morning you have a perfect bowl of freshly made yogurt. Try it.

aZn_pLayGurL
01-23-2006, 11:22 AM
WaT bwt ManGo jUicE :)

Snowflake
01-23-2006, 02:50 PM
Why not? Just remember to take the seed out :)

Have you tried home-made Lemonade?

Selising
01-23-2006, 03:28 PM
My children loves ice-blended very much especially mango. But cannot give them so often. the no-2 having asthma.

afzalaung
01-29-2006, 08:25 AM
yuck!...animal fat in fruit juice?/??..leave alone pig fat.

afriend
01-29-2006, 10:22 AM
i can see how many love apple juice.

so instead of just crying all over the floor, try to inform your local food stores, markets and supermarkets that this is not good and that you heavily oppose this type of filtration.....

julie sarri
02-28-2006, 09:27 AM
:sl: i just started to feel realiy sick thank you we will not have apple juice again:w:

anis_z24
03-01-2006, 02:38 AM
Salam
This is not the only case, there are many other foods and drinks with this problem.
Such as Milk, my media teacher said that the glue used to put lables on bottles is put in Milk( I forgot why though) Mabe thats why cheese is stringy.
I am not sure this is only what I heard.
But then when you read the ingrediants of many food products you find like five things, and one or two with an s. Because if they dont put that s then they have to spell out the 100s of chemicles that they put in.
ex. modified milk ingrediants . You will see that a lot.

akulion
03-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Well alhamdolillah I drink Apple Juice made in Pakiland so am safe :D

Laaibah
03-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Yuck!!...........thats so sick....feel like throwing up now!!

I'll never buy apple juice now!!!!!!

i_m_tipu
03-01-2006, 09:06 AM
what's happaning

why everybody saying yuck, yock, yack :? :? :? :? :?

mahuruf
03-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Yes, I too have the same problem

cleo
04-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Does that include frozen apple juice? It seems any fat would be solid if frozen?
Does the article stipulate the difference? Terrible news, I used to like Apple Juice!!!

Sister_6038
04-14-2006, 09:15 PM
i thought gelatine was made from animal bones and not the fat? and that you can lamb..beef and even fish gelatine....

Starseeker
04-14-2006, 10:05 PM
Thats the best news that I've ever heard because i don't even like Apple Jucie so the less people that drink it the better!

Sister_6038
04-14-2006, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarah999
Thats the best news that I've ever heard because i don't even like Apple Jucie so the less people that drink it the better!
yeh i dont like apple juice...the real stuff tastes better....i mean the actual apples?!?! :D:D:D

IbnAbdulHakim
04-14-2006, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

This is in brief, but if you want a complete and detailed story visit www.fozley.tk

It was found when 1 day a brother was making some homemade apple juice and then after a while the apple juice went cloudy which is completely normal. But when he bought some normal apple juice from a superstore, then he observed that the apple juice doesn't go cloudy even after a long time. So he went to a factory where they made apple juice and to his surprise they were using gelatine to filter the juice. also because they don't add it to the product they don't need 2 put it on the ingredients list!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

*turns into the incredible hulk and smashes all gelatin filerin joints*

:grumbling

sheerheart1
04-16-2006, 07:50 PM
[MAD]seems they wanna make us sick adding stuff to it and fooling alot of people in the prosses masha'allah brother good post[/MAD]

salafiah
04-20-2006, 04:33 PM

thats so disgusting.

Daffodil
04-28-2006, 08:30 PM
im sorry but i really am having a hard time believing any of this especialy since no ones posted any hard proofs. juice is juice, end of why wud they need to add anything else to it, n if this was the case the vegetarian society wud be proper on the case. im sorry but it just sounds a bit fabricated to me.

Maarya
05-08-2006, 05:33 PM
that's disgusting! they shud write down every ingredient that comes in touch with the food/drink in the ingredients list.

broth3r Ali
05-11-2006, 05:39 PM

salaam

that is DISGUISTING! (not that i drink apple juice) i cant access the link you posted :?

afriend
05-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Sorry, but u must be logged onto MSN messenger to be able to read it...

broth3r Ali
05-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Sorry, but u must be logged onto MSN messenger to be able to read it...
bro, what difference does it make whether im logged onto msn messanger or not in regards to being able to access the link? :?

afriend
05-11-2006, 08:22 PM
:p

Cos the link, is my MSN spaces website..:p

ishkabab
05-11-2006, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hissa
Salam

same here..lol..
oh yeh i cant get through to ur website..:heated:

broth3r Ali
05-11-2006, 09:05 PM
:p

Cos the link, is my MSN spaces website..:p
awight! i see akhi :thumbs_up

M.I.A.
05-13-2006, 07:30 PM
makes you think.
...how do we stay away from these things, product lists of acceptably made items??

maybe more support in establishing a trade of halal products with store owners, afterall we have muslim stores in practicaly every place... tell your local store owner!

things which are halal, made haram by who's hands??
truly awful

good post

*noor
05-13-2006, 07:31 PM
the link doesnt work

sheerheart1
05-13-2006, 11:33 PM
[
Media Tags are no longer supported

Media Tags are no longer supported

Abdullah4ever
05-13-2006, 11:46 PM

Here is the story on his space:

New finding on common Apple juice, very important!!

A new finding shows that most apple juices are purified and filtered through gelatine (pig fat) to keep it from going cloudy so it is more pleasing to the consumer. This was identified by a a brother in London, when he and his family were making some homemade apple juice when he found that after a few hours the juice had gone 'cloudy'; which is completely normal, but, then it came to him that all those apple juices that he had been buying from the shops stay clear for a very long time. So after a few days he went to a factory that makes apple juice to find to his horror that they were using Gelatine to purify it. So he asked why it had not appeared in the ingredients so the factory manager said to him that because it is not added to the product itself so it doesn't need to be in the ingredients. But dont worry too much and go mad because you don't get an apple juice, well I personally would because personally I love apple juice, BUT there is another way of enjoying apple juice, but only buy CLOUDY APPLE JUICE at the shops and markets, it may be difficult at first to find somewhere to find it but the best bet would be TESCO...But normal apple juice must be avoided until this matter is protested and the use of gelatine is stopped in purifying the juices. I will try to organise a protest or boycott of some sort, but until then normal apple juice is a no go area.

afriend
05-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Jazakallah bro Abdullah!

hadimaj
05-14-2006, 05:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
makes you think.
...how do we stay away from these things, product lists of acceptably made items??

maybe more support in establishing a trade of halal products with store owners, afterall we have muslim stores in practicaly every place... tell your local store owner!

things which are halal, made haram by who's hands??
truly awful

good post
Sad to say that most of us would juz buy any product which we 'think' the ingredient are acceptably made. Who would have thought that juice would be filter with gelatine.Sometimes we just overlook things. To be safe, buy product which have a halal logo on it. Or just have a homemade juice...;D I understand, in some countries its not easy to obtain products with the halal certification.Bros and sisters be extra careful when purchasing food stuff.

afriend
05-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Well, I have forgotten about this campaign since exams and everything. But now I'm ready to continue from where I left off, now where was I?

oh yes, the solution to our problems:

In the long run, one of these juicers are very economical...Just the price of buying the fruits you want to use, no extra costs.

Hijaabi22
05-19-2006, 08:16 AM

dats disgussssssssssssstin

syilla
05-19-2006, 08:33 AM
i'm glad i don't like juices...

i eat the real fruit...

romina
05-19-2006, 07:42 PM
oooooooh my Alla
nothing have to say

*noor
05-19-2006, 07:45 PM
does this go for apple cider as well??

Woodrow
05-19-2006, 08:23 PM
More scary thought. Having grown up on a farm and raised on homemade juices. All juices are cloudy and then ferment over time if not clarified. Therefore if you buy any juice at a store and it is clear, it most likely has been clarified with gelatin. I can not think of any other commercialy used clarifying product.

Salaam
05-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Salaam,

I dont really like apple juice...

Ummah
05-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Asalaamualaikum

sorry i havnt had time to read everything. quick question - so next time im in the shops how do you work out whether the drink has been filtered through gelatine?

JazakhAllah

primitivefuture
05-22-2006, 05:17 PM
So, can we together start a campaign? I am interested in such a project. We can make a website, make petitions, etc.

Kittygyal
05-22-2006, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by primitivefuture
So, can we together start a campaign? I am interested in such a project. We can make a website, make petitions, etc.

salam.
go ahead brother be the first one lets all join in, nice to see our gather group to be participiate together.
w.salam

786rani
05-22-2006, 05:58 PM
I Luv Apple Juice And'll Help U With Yr Campaign But Yr Url Doesn't Work Even If I Copy Paste It.
Rani

Muslim Soldier
05-22-2006, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
does this go for apple cider as well??
This cider?
Cider (known in parts of North America as hard cider, and also spelled cyder) refers to an alcoholic beverage made from apples. In Europe and Oceania, "cider" refers to fermented apple juice. In the United States and parts of Canada the same drink is known as "hard cider", with "cider" referring to an unfermented (non-alcoholic) drink that is a subtype of apple juice.
Cider is often stronger than beer, and is frequently over 6% alcohol by volume (ABV). The common eating apples are unsuitable for cidermaking, being low in tannins; specific apple cultivars bred especially for cidermaking are preferred.

Muslim Soldier
05-22-2006, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Source
Freshly squeezed apply juice is cloudy. The particles causing the cloudiness (proteins and tannins) are kept in suspension by a polysaccharide, pectin. In the old days, manufacturers wishing to correct this characteristic had to carry out many operations. They would add large quantities of pectinase and gelatin to induce the proteins and other suspended matter to settle to the bottom of the tank in 15 to 20 hours. Then sedimentation and diatomaceous earth were used to form a porous cake in the final filter-press clarification phase.
In ultrafiltration, gelatin, sedimentation and diatomaceous earth are not used. This technology reduces the quantity of pectinase used and the time required to clarify apple juice, which may take only two to four hours. Not only is the product clearer, but it is also possible to obtain between 5% and 8% more juice, which would otherwise stay trapped in the gelatin or the filter press. In an actual case involving a plant producing 250,000 litres of juice per day in 1990, annual production costs using ultrafiltration dropped from US$348,800 to US$72,400. This substantial saving was attributable to the elimination of products required for the old method and to lower labour costs, which were ten times less. It is not surprising that this process for juice clarification caught on immediately!
Source

786rani
05-22-2006, 06:12 PM
how do i get onto the site,
rani

Muslim Soldier
05-22-2006, 06:28 PM
click here

afriend
05-22-2006, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 786rani
how do i get onto the site,
rani
u must be logged into MSN to view it as it is my MSN space.

A.P
05-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Gelatin is used for the clarification of juices, such as apple juice, and of vinegar. Isinglass, from the swim bladders of fish

*noor
05-22-2006, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A.P
Gelatin is used for the clarification of juices, such as apple juice, and of vinegar. Isinglass, from the swim bladders of fish

so you mean fish gelatin is used and not from any other animal??.......that would mean that we can still have it.....right???

afriend
05-22-2006, 08:41 PM
so you mean fish gelatin is used and not from any other animal??.......that would mean that we can still have it.....right???
It is still not 100% sure, I have been so overwhelmed with exams and stuff...Therefore my campaign came to a halt.

Now, instead of me doing all the research myself, you can all give me a hand by going down to your local supermarket with a notepad and pen :p

*noor
05-22-2006, 08:42 PM
It is still not 100% sure, I have been so overwhelmed with exams and stuff...Therefore my campaign came to a halt.

Now, instead of me doing all the research myself, you can all give me a hand by going down to your local supermarket with a notepad and pen :p

none of the apple juices say anything about gelatin.....so that wouldn't help.

afriend
05-22-2006, 08:46 PM
none of the apple juices say anything about gelatin.....so that wouldn't help.
Yes, this is all fully explained on my space, please make sure that you are logged onto MSN, as many were commenting that they could not access the site :)

And no, it will not be included on the carton. But we need to visit the manufacturers and ask them questions on how they make apple juice.

*noor
05-22-2006, 08:47 PM
Yes, this is all fully explained on my space, please make sure that you are logged onto MSN, as many were commenting that they could not access the site :)

whats the site again??
do i have to log into my own space or yours to view it?

afriend
05-22-2006, 08:52 PM
whats the site again??
do i have to log into my own space or yours to view it?
The site is here:

http://spaces.msn.com/islammisconeptions/

no need. just make sure you are logged into your MSN account :)

primitivefuture
05-22-2006, 11:14 PM
How do you guys know it involves pig fat, and not fat from beef or fish?

A.P
05-22-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm not exactly sure yet ill find out inshallah

primitivefuture
05-22-2006, 11:45 PM
It must be gelatin made from beef. If its made of pig....I swear I'll take serious action against this.

*noor
05-22-2006, 11:58 PM
It must be gelatin made from beef. If its made of pig....I swear I'll take serious action against this.

what kind of action could you take against that??

Halima
05-23-2006, 12:08 AM

I find it hard to believe that apple juice is filtered from gelatin..pig fat?Some excruciating fact like this can easily be made up by anti-islamic critics that are just here to make fun and poke a joke around muslims.

So becareful...you never know if this is just true if it is..thank you for letting us know.we will never drink apple juice again.

:w:

primitivefuture
05-23-2006, 12:51 AM
How can I really find out? It's not use calling the apple juice company.

primitivefuture
05-23-2006, 01:01 AM
http://motts.com/product_info/processing.asp

I dont see anything about gelatin filters.

Woodrow
05-23-2006, 02:11 AM
http://motts.com/product_info/processing.asp

I dont see anything about gelatin filters.
I don't either. I haven't bought any fruit juices for many years tho, so I do not know if the Mott's brand is cloudy or clear. Perhaps some other readers could let us know. Fruit juices if natural will be cloudy and/or have sediment on the bottom. Those that don't have been clarified. Gelatin is the most common clarifying agent.Although other substaces can be used I remember my Grand mother used to use Crushed egg shells and/or egg whites.

firdaw
05-23-2006, 03:08 AM
shocking news to here because i just drink apple juice for luch today. well i am going to tell all my friends that apple juice is haram and tell them not to drink it inshallah. Thanxs for sharing it

A.P
05-23-2006, 04:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by firdaw
shocking news to here because i just drink apple juice for luch today. well i am going to tell all my friends that apple juice is haram and tell them not to drink it inshallah. Thanxs for sharing it
I dont think you should do that he is not 100% sure about this yet...

Ayesha Rana
05-23-2006, 10:13 AM

Eeeew!!! I don't wanna be filled with pig blubber!!
You know pigs eat their own waste so they are made of poo. Well thats the way i picture it and eating pig means we've got pig waste inside us! Yuk! Thank you so much for sharing that with us Sis.
Gross. We just brought a carton of it the other day.
Well fasting cleanses the body and it'll wash out of my system in 40 days Insha'Allah.
Yuck you can never trust these No-muslim companies...most of them...no offence anyone.

IceQueen~
05-23-2006, 11:28 AM
even apples (whole) are coated in some kind of insect thing to make them shiny! (peel em b4 i eat em now..)

Ummah
05-23-2006, 11:29 AM
*edit sorry

primitivefuture
05-23-2006, 04:57 PM
umm......so how are we supposed to find out if they use geleatin filters or not? Any suggestions?

Daffodil
05-23-2006, 07:31 PM
whether the gelatine is from pigs or beef does not matter as even if it was beef its not likely to have been slaughtered in the halal way.

primitivefuture
05-23-2006, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
whether the gelatine is from pigs or beef does not matter as even if it was beef its not likely to have been slaughtered in the halal way.
If you live in a Western society you should know that cows are not slaughtered in the halal way. That is why we say Bismillah before we eat or drink.

A.P
05-23-2006, 09:32 PM
saying Bismillah does not make the food halal

afriend
05-23-2006, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima

I find it hard to believe that apple juice is filtered from gelatin..pig fat?Some excruciating fact like this can easily be made up by anti-islamic critics that are just here to make fun and poke a joke around muslims.

So becareful...you never know if this is just true if it is..thank you for letting us know.we will never drink apple juice again.

:w:
This is proven sister :)

I can't post my link again I'm fed up of it...Please make sure u are logged onto MSN.

afriend
05-23-2006, 09:44 PM
LOL

That made me laugh really loud! :p

A.P
05-23-2006, 09:44 PM
This is proven sister :)

I can't post my link again I'm fed up of it...Please make sure u are logged onto MSN.
so you have proof that every single apple juice company in the world does this?

afriend
05-23-2006, 09:55 PM
so you have proof that every single apple juice company in the world does this?
I didn't say EVERY EVERY SINGLE!!!

But I gave a temporary solution:

Order now to get free shipping :p

*noor
05-23-2006, 09:56 PM
what about Motts and Juicy Juice????
do you know they're filtered using gelatin?

A.P
05-23-2006, 09:56 PM
I didn't say EVERY EVERY SINGLE!!!

But I gave a temporary solution:

Order now to get free shipping :p
so what company did the "guy" go to when he found out? & what country was this in?

afriend
05-23-2006, 09:57 PM
UK

But isn't this solution good enough?

A.P
05-23-2006, 10:02 PM
UK

But isn't this solution good enough?
not really apple juice is real good for lil kids-Adults & not everybody has the time to make it If i had 100% proof sure Ill buy something else but i don't & haven't seen any solid proof on the apple juice company sites it says nothing about gelatin & if it was true we would know by now cuz Jews wouldn't drink apple juice either? wouldn't we?

primitivefuture
05-23-2006, 10:03 PM
what about Motts and Juicy Juice????
do you know they're filtered using gelatin?
Motts dont use filters.

*noor
05-23-2006, 10:04 PM
not really apple juice is real good for lil kids-Adults & not everybody has the time to make it If i had 100% proof sure Ill buy something else but i don't & haven't seen any solid proof on the apple juice company sites it says nothing about gelatin & if it was true we would know by now cuz Jews wouldn't drink apple juice either? wouldn't we?
i think i agree because certainty should overcome doubt in these cases.....i think.

*noor
05-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Motts dont use filters.

thanks, do you know about Juicy Juice?

A.P
05-23-2006, 10:05 PM
& ive been to your site didn't see no proof? no offence

afriend
05-23-2006, 10:06 PM
But isn't it better to be safe than to be sorry and sinful on Yawm al Qiyaamah?

Give me just 3 more weeks....Please.

primitivefuture
Yo Iqram, you're campaigning too? Lets work together on this, if you want. I can get a site up, if necessary.

afriend
& ive been to your site didn't see no proof? no offence
google search:

"Gelatine for filtering apple juices"

*noor
05-23-2006, 10:07 PM

Give me just 3 more weeks....Please.
what happens in 3 weeks? you mean you can find out for sure?

afriend
05-23-2006, 10:07 PM
Yo Iqram, you're campaigning too? Lets work together on this, if you want. I can get a site up, if necessary.
No problem bro (This is actually my fault this thread is here :p)

afriend
05-23-2006, 10:09 PM
what happens in 3 weeks? you mean you can find out for sure?
I can find out for UK stores....It would be just merry if everybody can go to their local supermarkets too...just go upto anybody in customer services and ask to find out more about apple juice and how it is filtered/made.

I'm no superman who can travel around the world, although I wish I could :(

*noor
05-23-2006, 10:10 PM

I'm no superman who can travel around the world, although I wish I could :(

its ok, we dont need a superman
we'll just have to do some research.

afriend
05-23-2006, 10:11 PM
its ok, we dont need a superman
we'll just have to do some research.
LOL

That would be great :)

Jazakallah everybody who goes out in the path of Allah to find out :)

A.P
05-23-2006, 10:11 PM
"Because of this Islamic Scholars and food Scientists together recommend buying only apple juice with Kosher Symbol OU on the bottle. It will certify that no gelatin is used in apple juice processing."
inshallah ill try to find out more...

Ummah
05-24-2006, 01:51 PM
If you live in a Western society you should know that cows are not slaughtered in the halal way. That is why we say Bismillah before we eat or drink.
Asalaamualaikum

brother A.P is right. you cannot make halal something by saying bismillah, it must be slaughtered the prescribed islamic way in order to be certified as Halal.

And in the western society - what do you mean? I can assure you there is Halal meat available in the west - because there is muslims living in the west who slaughter animals islamically and make it available to other muslims to buy.

primitivefuture
05-25-2006, 12:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
And in the western society - what do you mean? I can assure you there is Halal meat available in the west - because there is muslims living in the west who slaughter animals islamically and make it available to other muslims to buy.
Meat in Burgere King, McDonald's, KFC etc. are not from cows slaughtered in the halal way, I think.

Umar001
05-31-2006, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hissa
Salam

I dont know what I am more shocked at, that they filter it through gelatine (if thats true)

Or that someone actually doesnt like apple juice

Anyhow this is what comes up when i clik the link http://my.dot.tk/registration/availa...name=fozley.tk

Im allowed to still drink apple juice right I mean this aint veryfied, cos I get alot of people telling me alot of things are haram if I were to take their words I prolly would have a boring diet

afriend
05-31-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm sorry bro, but I've changed my Address.

I will fix this current problem soon InshAllah

Umar001
05-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Dont be sorry akhi :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.