/* */

PDA

View Full Version : cats

Rabbiyah
12-28-2005, 02:06 AM
:sl:
Is it haram to have a cat as a pet?
I know it is haram to have dog as a pet.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azim
12-28-2005, 02:14 AM
It's sunnah to have a cat as a pet. The prophet Muhammad (pbuh) had one.

*charisma*
12-28-2005, 02:16 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Ruling on keeping cats

Ruling on keeping pets

And Allah subhana wa ta'ala knows best :)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Rabbiyah
12-28-2005, 02:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
It's sunnah to have a cat as a pet. The prophet Muhammad (pbuh) had one.
it was nice to hear that the Prophet SAW had one.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azim
12-28-2005, 03:23 AM
Actually sis that was something I heard when I was young, and the ruling on cats that Charisma posted doesn't mention it. I could very well be wrong and may Allah forgive for not posting without full knowledge.

*charisma*
12-28-2005, 03:34 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

oh no ekhi dont worry inshallah, The prophet peace be upon him was fond of cats mashallah, im not sure if he had one Allahu a'lem, but i have found this hadith:

Book Number: 2, Hadith Number: 2.3.13
Yahya related to me from Malik from Ishaq ibn Abdullah ibn Abi Talha from Humayda bint Abi Ubayda ibn Farwa that her maternal aunt Kabsha bint Kab ibn Malik, who was the wife of the son of Abu Qatada al-Ansari, told her that once Abu Qatada was visiting her and she poured out some water for him to do wudu with. Just then a cat came to drink from it, so he tilted the vessel towards it to let it drink. Kabsha continued, "He saw me looking at him and said, 'Are you surprised, daughter of my brother?' I said, 'Yes.' He replied that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, cats are not impure. They intermingle with you .' "Yahya said that Malik said, "There is no harm in that unless one sees impurities on the cat's mouth."

i will find out if he had one inshallah, ive heard the same thing too :)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Desai
12-28-2005, 03:42 AM
We have all heard of the famous hadith narrator "Abu Hurrayrah". The name means "Father of cats", this name was given to Abu Hurrayrah by our beloved prophet (SAW) for the reason that, Abu Hurrarah adored cats. Mash'Allah. There's nothing wrong in keeping cats.
:w:

hidden_treasure
12-29-2005, 07:04 AM
assalamu alaikum,

It is not haram for you to keep either a dog or a cat. The dog can be kept outside as a guard dog.

so0x0xsweet
02-17-2006, 01:26 AM
can some one tell me what haram is? and i had a pet dog, several actually, they were treated so well, but yea, my cousin had a cat once nd my uncle ground it up becasue it ran out the door and climed up the engine and he didnt kno

*charisma*
02-17-2006, 01:34 AM
Greetings and welcome to the forum :D

can some one tell me what haram is?
Haram is anything forbidden in Islam

my cousin had a cat once nd my uncle ground it up becasue it ran out the door and climed up the engine and he didnt kno
aww, poor kitty :(

regards

julie sarri
02-28-2006, 11:39 AM
:sl: i have a cat but i wouldent have a dog becouse i thinck anless its got a dog house or in a hot coutry it wouldent be nice to keep it out seid in the cold or rain i live in london were its mostly cold:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.