/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Time on the Computer

Rabbiyah
12-28-2005, 02:13 AM
:sl: :brother: :sister:
Do anyone find themselves spending too much time on the computer?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azim
12-28-2005, 02:13 AM
Salam.

Lol, only at night. I end up spending longer than I wanted too and not getting enough sleep.

Bittersteel
12-28-2005, 02:24 AM
Do anyone find themselves spending too much time on the computer?
yes,but now I got a PS2........

Rabbiyah
12-28-2005, 02:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
yes,but now I got a PS2........
So now u will be spending too much time on that
Don't do that.:sl:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
12-28-2005, 03:48 PM
umm, yes....im a lot better than i was tho

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

azim
12-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Most people watch 20 hours of TV a week, except those who go online. They watch a lot less. Whats more productive? TV or Online? I say online!

mehnaz
12-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Assalamolaikum

sometimes i'm online for 5-6 hrs at a stetch...lol....thats usually late at night...:)

W'salaam

aamirsaab
12-28-2005, 05:53 PM
:sl:
Seein as i have exams in bout 3 weeks i dont spend as long on pc. Funnily enough my ps2 broke down a couple a months back. Sometimes i play pc games (jedi knight academy and battlefront 2) but thats like for an hour per session whilst on a break from 2 hours of accoutns revision.
Time on LI = about an hour and a half all together on daily basis (sometimes less)

afriend2
12-28-2005, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by solid_snake
yes, ps2 rules! right now I'm playing resident evil 4 ... what an amazing game. :coolious:

Assalamu Alaikum,

resident evil is really creepy! i cant play it at all!! :enough!:

and unfortunately i feel as if i am spending more time on the computer especially as it is the holiday. its because i come on anyway to so my work and then find myself distracted by the articles posted here. inshAllah i will restrict myself so that i do not go insanely addicted! :eek: inshAllah.

Rabbiyah
12-28-2005, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Seein as i have exams in bout 3 weeks i dont spend as long on pc. Funnily enough my ps2 broke down a couple a months back. Sometimes i play pc games (jedi knight academy and battlefront 2) but thats like for an hour per session whilst on a break from 2 hours of accoutns revision.
Time on LI = about an hour and a half all together on daily basis (sometimes less)
I GUESS u need some down time from wrecking your brain with the books but in the long run It's worth it.

format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
Assalamu Alaikum,

resident evil is really creepy! i cant play it at all!! :enough!:

and unfortunately i feel as if i am spending more time on the computer especially as it is the holiday. its because i come on anyway to so my work and then find myself distracted by the articles posted here. inshAllah i will restrict myself so that i do not go insanely addicted! :eek: inshAllah.
:sl: :sister:
Good luck tring to restrict yourself I have the same problem.

format_quote Originally Posted by solid_snake
yes, ps2 rules! right now I'm playing resident evil 4 ... what an amazing game. :coolious:
I guess u would say it rules if u don't have any control or don't have the ability to limit yourself

Umm Yoosuf
12-28-2005, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by firdous
sometimes i sit here and forget what the time is, like right now need to go home ia salamz enjoy your evening brothers and sisters

salamz

hehehe wat have i got you into:nervous:

Yes to the question. Although im cutting down my time here insha Allah but when i do i get lost! So many topics made, so many replies i feel completely lost :phew

libyanhero
12-28-2005, 10:55 PM
well for me before I use to be on too much but elhamdulillah I removed that ritual from my life especially when I stayed up late at night, elhamdulillah. I spend around 1-2 hours each day now compared to 6 or 7 hours per day which is like 35 hours per week wow that was alot. I don't play video games anymore so that doesnt rule my time and I watch tv only when I know an interesting show on or else I will be the channel flipper lol.

afriend2
12-29-2005, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabbiyah
Good luck tring to restrict yourself I have the same problem.

inshAllah sister Rabbiyah! its a hard job but we can get through it. :)

A7med
12-29-2005, 02:48 PM
i spend WAY too much time on the computer

Rabbiyah
12-29-2005, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
inshAllah sister Rabbiyah! its a hard job but we can get through it. :)
I have a confession to make I use to play the XBOX for while until........

:eek: the controllers end not working any more
and I refuse to buy any more because if i do I will try to get four controllers for all of us to play and i'm not even trying to get the money to get them right now my focus is on something esle more important.

h1jabi_sista
12-29-2005, 05:28 PM
as salam alikum,

erm...well...i wouldnt say i spend hours and hours on end on the computer, unable to unfix my eyes from the screen. :confused:

but i just do about 1 hour a day on my college work and then if u have time i surf the net:coolsis:

alhamdulilah the internet has soo many interesting features, so many useful websites, its hard not to get addicted.:)

sapphire
12-29-2005, 05:39 PM
ermmmmm.....YESSSSSSS!!!!!im forever on...i come on as much as i can........

afriend2
01-02-2006, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabbiyah
I have a confession to make I use to play the XBOX for while until........

:eek: the controllers end not working any more
and I refuse to buy any more because if i do I will try to get four controllers for all of us to play and i'm not even trying to get the money to get them right now my focus is on something esle more important.
Assalamu Alaikum,
oh dear sister! they stopped working!
now thats a bit of an obsession :sister: :phew
maybe them not working is a sign from Allah.
wassalam :peace:

afriend
01-02-2006, 12:34 PM
yeah....Only on this site........Now i think I need glasses.....I can't resist it but i've got my exams in May........LOL

:coolious:

haneen322
01-03-2006, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
Salam.

Lol, only at night. I end up spending longer than I wanted too and not getting enough sleep.
assalamu laikum

I do spend alot of time on computer, every time i would just 30 min i end up with hour or more .......much more

Snowflake
01-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Yeah I kinda went mad when I discovered LI. It just rocks. I mean it was so bad that I didnt log out when I went to pray or eat lol. I've since calmed down but still dont log out sometimes :D

Allah help me, some days I used to dream im on LI.. lol how sad is that hehehehehe ;D

montoyauk
01-05-2006, 12:42 AM
i spend average of 12 hours a day or more some time on my pc.....as i have so much to do on it..
which is pretty bad

Aisha20
01-05-2006, 12:50 AM
yes... but my mom dont want me to spend all day on computer :heated: :giggling: she says i must be praying quraan all day indeed of computer .. i use to pray quraan after maghrib salah..
but well.. thats my mom :giggling:

sumay28
01-05-2006, 12:51 AM
This darn message board made my internet time go from an hour to 15 hours a day man..

Aisha20
01-05-2006, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha20
yes... but my mom dont want me to spend all day on computer :heated: :giggling: she says i must be praying quraan all day indeed of computer .. i use to pray quraan after maghrib salah..
but well.. thats my mom :giggling:
ooppss.. its Instead -- not indeed :giggling: my shiftttt :grumbling

so0x0xsweet
02-17-2006, 01:19 AM
heck yes, i need to cut back but in winter there is nothign else to do!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.