/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Was Jesus Crucified?

Andaraawus
12-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Was Jesus Crucified?

A subject raised by the renown late Ahmed Deedat who passed away monday the 8th of August 2005 , may Allah grant him Jannah.

when i first converted to Islam i began studying Ahmed Deedats material which now has led me to further activities in the field of comparative religion, so i think its only right to pay a tribute to my teacher by touching on this subject.

The topic was Christ Crucified i have learnt from Ahmed Deedat, however the material i present may differ from the view of my teacher in certain areas, Ahmed Deedat taught me to learn and memorise his material and also to correct wherever nessecary and even i have imperfections that i hope the people that learn from me correct.

I have also studyed Christian missionarys who have written publications in refutation of Ahmed Deedats material and learnt a great deal from what they had to say aswell.

I begin with the name of Allah

PART ONE - WHAT WAS THE SIGN OF JONAH

We read in (Matthew Ch. 12 verses 38 – 40) that the Jewish priests were asking of a sign and in reply Jesus told them that he would show them no sign except one and that would be the sign of Jonah, for as Jonah was in the belly of the whale three days and three nights so shall the son of man be (referring to himself) in the heart of the earth three days and three nights.

The sign of Jonah can be found in the book of Jonah in the Bible where Prophet Jonah was sent to Nineveh in order to tell them to repent and turn back towards God, however Jonah knew the nature of these people and feared what they would do to him.

Prophet Jonah set of on a journey elsewhere overseas when a storm subsided at sea, Jonah being the humble servant of Allah admits his responsibility to the people on board that the storm was in response to his action so Jonah asks the people to throw him overboard (Jonah 1:12)

However the people onboard was hesitant to do so, so they came to the idea to draw lots and the lot fell upon Jonah so eventually they threw him overboard into the raging sea (Ch 1 verse 15) The miracle was that Jonah survived being thrown into the raging sea, when you would expected him to have been killed he survived.

After that Jonah was swallowed by a whale (1:17) in which we would expect one to die but yet we find that Jonah prayed from the belly of the whale (2:1) and again the whale vomited Jonah upon the seashore and Jonah too survived this ordeal (2:10)

The sign of Jonah was that you would expect him to die but yet he survived and this is a miracle within itself. Jesus simply told the Jews as Jonah was in the belly of the whale for three days and three nights, so shall the son of man be…(Matthew 12:40) Jesus was referring to Jonahs physical state, Jonah was alive and not dead.

Christian theologians make a poor point when attempting to refute this position by drawing comparison with John 3:14 where Jesus says ‘And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness so shall the son of man be lifted up’ Jesus wasn’t referring to the state of the serpent but he was drawing comparison with the lifting of the serpent in connection with how God would raise him up alive as the Qur’an says ‘Allah raised him to himself (4:158) meaning that God would raise him as Moses lifted up the serpent.

Using the analogy that the serpent was dead in attempt to refute the living state of Jonah is absolutely fruitless due to the fact that Jesus said ‘As Jonah was (Alive) in the belly of the whale so shall the son of man be’ Jesus was referring to Jonahs state whereas with the lifting of the serpent Jesus was referring to the ascension.

THE TIME FACTOR

Another objection would be that Jesus was referring to a time factor and that Jesus was referring to the three days and three nights and not the state that Jonah was in the belly of the whale, however this is quickly refuted by counting how many days and nights on your fingers.

Christians annually celebrate good Friday because they believe that Christ was crucified on this day, they also believe that Jesus was taken down of the cross and given a Jewish burial before the new day of Sabbath had started which began at sunset due to the fact that in the Jewish calendar the new day begins at the moment when the sun sinks below the horizon.

Unlike the secular day, the Jewish day begins with night and ends with day. According to the gospels, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb just before sunrise the day after the Sabbath to find the tomb empty.

We will now find that when we do the calculations of these days and nights according to the statement of Jesus ‘three days and three nights’ they don’t add up.

Friday day : Jesus was taken down from the cross and placed in the tomb just before sunset. Jews believe that an "onan" (any part of the day) is considered a full day, so here we have Day 1

Friday night: The Sabbath has began, and Jesus is in the tomb Night 1

Saturday morning: the day of Sabbath, Jesus is in the tomb: Day 2

Saturday night: the Sabbath has now finished, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb just before sunrise and finds the tomb empty: Night 2

In total we have two days and two nights .

Christian theologians have attempted to brush this off by saying that it was an Hebrew figure of speech or a metaphor, however according to the Jewish reckoning of time, the evening before the day is indeed the beginning of the new calendar day and the observance of all Jewish holidays begin in the evening indicating that they count night and days.

The Bible also informs us of the flood which according to (Genesis 7:4) it rained upon the earth forty days and forty nights, and again we are told that Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights (Exd 34:2 To say that three days and three nights is a Jewish metaphor or a figure of speech falls short of any logical explanation.

Jesus made it perfectly clear that ‘as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the earth, so shall the son of man be three days and three nights in the belly of the earth’.

In conclusion to this point, Jesus stated that he would be alive in the belly of the earth for three days and three nights just as Jonah was alive in the belly of the whale for three days and three nights.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Halima
12-28-2005, 05:00 PM
:sl:

This is where the contradiction lies. In the Islamic beliefs, we don't believe that Jesus was crucified. Instead, he was taken up by Allah(swt)and then Allah(swt) vowed to clear up all the falsehood (of those that disbelieve him) and then he will make Jesus the superior one on Judgement day. We do not believe that he was crucified on the cross, and we don't believe that we will come back to earth to save other people's sins. Instead, he will come back to earth to claim Islam and to give a choice to the people of wether they will follow him or the anti-christ.

Allah apparently said to Jesus: “O Jesus! I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you (of the falsehoods) of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you superior to those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute.” [Sûrah Âl `Imrân: 55]

As stated in my last thread please take a look here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...an-3-55-a.html

On judement day everyone will be judged.

The number of Christians will remain more than the number of Jews up to the Day of Judgment. Allah’s promise will not be broken. On the Day of Judgment, Allah will judge between all of them about their differences in this world.

The returning of Jesus:

There are many hadîth from Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) informing us that Jesus (peace be upon him) will return.

Upon his arrival, he will not adhere to anything other than the teachings of our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), because these teachings are the final revelation and the final Message.

As Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) informed us, Jesus (peace be upon him) will pray with the Muslims. He will not come with a new religion or a new prophecy. He will not be returning in the capacity of a prophet.

In fact, his coming will be a supporting miracle for Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), because he will show his absolute belief in him.

And Allah knows best.

The anti-Christ
:

It is authentically narrated from the Prophet (peace be upon him) that the Antichrist (the Dajjâl) will appear at the end of time. He will tell the sky to rain and it will. He will tell the earth to grow plants and it will.

He will kill a believer then will tell him to wake up and he will. Then he will tell that man: "I am your Lord."

The man will say: "No, you are a liar. You are the Antichrist whom our Prophet (peace be upon him) told us of. By Allah, I am now more convinced that you are the Antichrist." The Antichrist will want to kill him then but he would not be able to.

The Antichrist will pretend to be God.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “You have three signs to show you his lie. First, he is one-eyed and Allah is not. The second is that written between his eyes are letters spelling out “Kâfir” (unbeliever), which can be read by every believer, even illiterates. The third is he can be seen by people in this life, but as for Allah, He can only be seen after death.”

It is related in Sahîh Muslim that the Antichrist will come with Hell and Paradise, but his Hell is Paradise and his Paradise is Hell.

It is also related in Sahîh Muslim that the Antichrist will pass by some people and ask them to believe in him. When they do so, he will make the sky rain for them and the earth to grow their plants and it will be better than ever. However, if he passes by some people who will not believe in him, he will make them destitute, having nothing at all.

JKFDURAILED123
12-28-2005, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Andaraawus
:sl:i agree
can you explain why the disciples deserted Jesus Christ when He ( Jesus ) got arrested? but then after His death they all had the fire in their hearts to preach the gospel.. who did they see that made them want to do such a thing?

Andaraawus
12-28-2005, 06:30 PM
simple answer:Jesus - alive not dead!!! in the upperoom
did any of them see him crucified or did any of them follow him all the way and what point did peter follow him up to?

as for why they deserted Jesus you tell me

thanks

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
JKFDURAILED123
12-28-2005, 07:18 PM
The Crucifixion

John and Mary ( the mother of Jesus Christ ) followed. which in John 19:26
Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nerby, he said to his mother, "Dear woman, here is your son," and to the disciple, "Here is your mother." from that time on, this disciple took her into his home.

they all heard Jesus speaking about how his body was the temple of God and if they were to destroy it then He will build it back up in 3 days...
which meant the ressurection in 3 days. the disciples were scared that Jesus wasn't who He said to be.

then when speaking to Thomas in the uper room who did not believe.
Jesus Appears to Thomas
John 20:24-25
Now Thomas, one of the twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, " we have seen the Lord!" But he said to them. " unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."
then later on down.. 26-27.
A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

JKFDURAILED123
12-28-2005, 07:36 PM
let me ask you a question...
so who was this guy who had holes in his hands?
why would allah spend his time in sending this guy back to his disciples?
what were the holes in his body?
why were the disciples discouraged when Jesus Christ was taken?

Nawid
12-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Sister Halima I have a question about this subject if you don't mind. What does this Verse reffering to Isa and Maryam mean if he was raised alive to heaven?

And We made the son of Mary and his mother as a Sign: We gave them both shelter on high ground, affording rest and security and furnished with springs.
(23:50) -Yusuf Ali translation

And WE made the son of Mary and his mother a Sign, and gave them shelter on an elevated land of green valleys and springs of running water. (23:50)
-Sher Ali Translation

- Qatada -
12-28-2005, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawid
Sister Halima I have a question about this subject if you don't mind. What does this Verse reffering to Isa and Maryam mean if he was raised alive to heaven?

And We made the son of Mary and his mother as a Sign: We gave them both shelter on high ground, affording rest and security and furnished with springs.
(23:50) -Yusuf Ali translation

And WE made the son of Mary and his mother a Sign, and gave them shelter on an elevated land of green valleys and springs of running water. (23:50)
-Sher Ali Translation

:salamext:

brother - please check this link out to understand that verse insha Allaah.

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=23&tid=34973

wa Allaahu a'lam. (and Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.)

:wasalamex

JKFDURAILED123
12-28-2005, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

:salamext:

sister - please check this link out to understand that verse insha Allaah.

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=23&tid=34973

wa Allaahu a'lam. (and Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.)

:wasalamex
nawid is a brother not a sister..

- Qatada -
12-28-2005, 09:20 PM
ohh my bad. thanks for the reminder :) lol.

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-29-2005, 01:16 AM
:sl:
members should check out the problem of resurrection of Jesus according to Christianity in the following thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...urrection.html

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.