/* */

PDA

View Full Version : self pride, the beard , the hijab and the middle

Andaraawus
12-28-2005, 11:29 AM
As-Salamu Alaykum

Looking down upon somebody for whatever reason is kbr (pride) and this is the action of satan who once was the most pious servant of Allah who then started to glorify his own actions which caused him to think he was better and more deservy of Allahs blessings than others.

Sounds familuar when Muslims do the same thing to other Muslims over the Hijab, beard issue and i also stand condemed as i fell into this pit myself and became judgemental of others.

However through this i found another extreme, and that is when somebody sincerely advised a person that doing an action of doing good like growing the beard for example that some people react and accuse that person of being self righteous and having this 'holier than thou' attitude in which they attempt to debunk a the sincere call to goodness.

I have to say that Islam is an inwards state and not an outwards one, so anything appearing outwardly should sprout from the inwards and may Allah save us and forgive our bad actions and we ask his forgivenes and his help.

As Muslims we should keep in mind that we are not all spanking glory spotless, sinless or whatsoever, we all have problems and faults and actions that we must on a individual basis repent for as we are all sinners, i have done so many sin and therefore have no right to frown upon anybody else because every time i have pointed my finger to blame somebody i have found myself blameworthy of the same thing.

Some people who know a little about me, they dont want to dialouge with me, they may try every possible way to avoid me, but only due to my actions from before, and i think that if i grow a beard or become such a pious man will not change that, however what i am trying to do is change myself for the sake of Allah by not judging others because even something as dirty as clay can be dignified in the sight of Allah.

Hijab or no Hijab, beard or no beard, its a decision to make for ourself, but it doesnt make you the person who you are, i just feel that the hijab or the beard will dignify one in Allahs sight if done for His sake, it will also bring a deep sense of self respect for one, aslong as that self respect does not turn to pride, sisters look beautiful in hijabs and it really moves me to see sisters wearing the hijabs, it seems to me that sisters are stronger and MORE HARD WORKING than the men are, as we tend to do alot of laying around watching sports and so forth abusing the time that Allah has given us. Also i tend to find i love the brother with the beard and smile upon him when i see him.

Doing any action, let it be from the heart,

Also the Prophet of Allah peace and blessings be upon him said that whoever follows the sunnah in a time of turmoil will have the reward of a 100 martyrs.

The Holy Prophet said صلي اللّه عليه وسلم :

He who has a mustard seed of kibr in his heart will not enter the garden (jannah)

A man said in reply

'Verily the man loves that his clothes be beautiful and that his shoes be beautiful'

the Holy Prophet صلي اللّه عليه وسلم then made it clear to him by saying:

'Indeed Allah is beautiful and He loves what is beautiful but kibr (pride) is denying the truth and looking down on other people'

(Sahih Muslim - Kitaab al Imaan- chapter 39)

The Holy Prophet صلي اللّه عليه وسلم made it clear that thinking ourselves to be better than other people takes us to hell by saying we will not enter jannah, if we have a mustard seed of kibr in our hearts.

Thinking that ourselves tio be better than other people actually causes us to deny the truth, for example Racism - if there is a person who refues to take knowledge from somebody whos a different race than him.

Or even a sinner who tells the truth but nobody wants to listen to him, holding his mistakes against him, therefore denying truth because they see theirselves superior to the sinful person who is telling the truth.

The best example was of the Jews how they knew the Holy Prophet صلي اللّه عليه وسلم was the last and final Prophet but yet denyed him because they considered their linage to be superior.

May Allah cure us all from this sickness of the heart ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Andaraawus
12-28-2005, 11:30 AM
alos see these audio downloads for a nice little treat

http://nadeem.lightuponlight.com/indexnonmuslims.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.