/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Christian - Muslim Dialogue

azim
12-29-2005, 01:53 AM
Salaamu alaykum.

(I hope this is in the right section, I argue it is since 'Dawah' is a basic of Islam, I opted out of Compartive Religion since I'm not really comparing religions as much as I am talking about Dawah).

I was wondering, we have some very knowledgable brothers and sisters on this forum Alhamdulillah, and we can argue our points well, but we find quite often that when members of other religions or non-muslims argue, they dodge our points and bring up new ones. They can do this because they are outnumbered and feel they dont have to respond to every point and also because forums arent exactly realtime, the delay allows them to sneak out of them debate.

I figure, as a good Dawah idea, and to explain Muslim to Christians, we make contact with another Christian forum and organise a debate.

Each forum chooses a single member (someone qualified for the job) and then they have an instant messaging debate online.

Whatever the topic is, each side can present their argument in so-many words at the beginning.

Then say, the Christian can pick out the points in our argument he disagrees with and a debate lasting 30 mins or so, and the same vice versa.

The transcript of the debate can then be posted online each forum for the users to read.

I know this might sound a convulated, but I think debates on forums between several people never reach a conclusion, rather both sides get aggrivated and no one really learns much.

A singe debate between two educated members from each side would provide an intellectual debate which is based on reason and logic (reason and logic being a muslims best friend :D).

Also, both sides are guarenteed to read it since they'd like to see if their champion won the debate (or in our case, HOW our champion won (insha'Allah)).

What do you think? Is that a good idea or a bit idealistic?

Salaam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabbiyah
12-29-2005, 02:05 AM
salam
I think your idea is for tv something that need to be recorded.
or maybe something to listen to the debate as appose to reading it.

azim
12-29-2005, 02:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabbiyah
salam
I think your idea is for tv something that need to be recorded.
or maybe something to listen to the debate as appose to reading it.
We have audio and visual debate. Why not textual? There is nothing that really changes between the three mediums of communication. Each presents information to the viewer/listener/reader.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.