/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As-Salaam 'Alaikuum

m.a.m
12-29-2005, 03:28 AM
As-Salaam 'Alaikuum , Peace be unto you!

My name is Muhammad and i'm from Singapore. I'm very passionate about Islam and frequently asking myself 'how can i improve in order to be a better muslim and mukmin?'.
It seems nowadays that people have stop talking about God and his Prophets,especially The one and Only Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad P.B.U.H.
Majority of us,Muslims,as i can see right now,are suffering from 'alzheimer' disease. Have u all seen the movie "The Notebook"? It was originated from a novel by Nicholas Sparks. To cut the long story short, there was this woman who suffered from 'alzheimer' disease. And everyday,there was this man who would come to visit her and read to her about a romantic story from the past. And this man,was her husband.Everytime,the man finished reading it to her,she would remember again,but for a short while. This ritual went on and on until his wife passed away.Sad huh?
Well,it reminds me of us. We had made a promise with God long before we were born. This is where our journey begins, to find out what promise have we made? Read the Koran(surah Al-A'raf,172).
Islam is about love.The proof is 'BismillahiRahmanirRahim'.What does that means?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Halima
12-29-2005, 04:13 AM
:sl:

Welcome to the forum brother:)

I hope that you have a pleasent stay. May Allah(swt) bless you for your integrity to learn more about Islam and to bring forth the love that you have for Islam. I must say that I am deeply impressed. Indeed I have seen the movie notebook. It is a very sad movie, it teaches us that we must be grateful to Allah(swt) at all times otherwise Allah(swt) will never have mercy on us. Allah (swt) knows everything that will happen to us in this life. Its either we make the good decision or the wrong decision. If we make the good decision, insha'Allah we will go to Jannah. Before we do anything, we must say "Bismillah Rahman Rahim"" this means in the name of Allah (swt) the most Gracious most merciful just by saying this protects us from many different things. It protects us from the evils that we may endure.

Rabi'ya
12-29-2005, 08:05 PM

Welcome to LI brother,

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

sapphire
12-29-2005, 11:39 PM
welcome to the forum!!!hope you have an enjoyable and benefitial stay!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
m.a.m
12-30-2005, 05:27 PM
As'salamualaikum...thks u all!! I'm grateful to be here..Does anybody like to talk about sufism. I'm a big fan of Rabiatul aldawiyah,Imam Ghazali(Algazel), As-Syeikh Abdul Qadir Jalaini,Jalaludin Rumi and of course the King of all Sufis, our beloved Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H). I was so impressed by their sacrifice in order to become one with God(Tawheed). And does anybody knows about the Dead Sea Scroll?What is about? Does it have something to do with Islam? Wassalam

habib
12-31-2005, 06:07 AM
Welcome to LI

m.a.m
01-02-2006, 08:04 AM
assalamualikum..

mehnaz
01-02-2006, 08:09 AM
Assalamoalaikum bro...

Welcome to the forum...nice intro mashaAllah!!!

W'salaam

m.a.m
01-04-2006, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima

Welcome to the forum brother:)

I hope that you have a pleasent stay. May Allah(swt) bless you for your integrity to learn more about Islam and to bring forth the love that you have for Islam. I must say that I am deeply impressed. Indeed I have seen the movie notebook. It is a very sad movie, it teaches us that we must be grateful to Allah(swt) at all times otherwise Allah(swt) will never have mercy on us. Allah (swt) knows everything that will happen to us in this life. Its either we make the good decision or the wrong decision. If we make the good decision, insha'Allah we will go to Jannah. Before we do anything, we must say "Bismillah Rahman Rahim"" this means in the name of Allah (swt) the most Gracious most merciful just by saying this protects us from many different things. It protects us from the evils that we may endure.
Thank u Sis, 'the notebook' reminds us always to read the Koran. Because,sooner or later,we might forget our past,where we came from,and to WHOM we're going home to. That's why,Alhamdulillah,Great Thankful to Allah for we get to meet our God and converse with HIM 5 times a day.
It's only that we must remind(dzikr') ourselves everyday and read the Koran so that we are not amongst the people who get the 'alzheimer' disease.Wassalam
'You alone we worship,and to U alone we turn for help,Guide us to the straight path,the path of those whom U have favoured,not those who have incured Your wrath,nor of those who have gone astray.Amien'.

m.a.m
01-04-2006, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mehnaz
Assalamoalaikum bro...

Welcome to the forum...nice intro mashaAllah!!!

W'salaam
Assalamualaikum Sis,thank u! I'm looking foward in sharing and exchanging views about deen with u and the rest of the members.Wassalam.

Hajar
01-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Assalamu alaykum brother,

Welcome to the forum!
Looking forward to your post:)

Wasalam,

Hajar

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.