/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arabic studys where

Andaraawus
12-29-2005, 12:41 PM
As-salamu alaykum

i am studyng at a dar ul uloom but i dont like it there, they are trying to force me to sing urdu naats and look down on me if i dont do the brelvi anthem with them after Jumah prayers.

I feel a need to get away from them and study elsewhere, some of the other students there have started to label me a wahabie and seek fault with me ..

so i am looking for alternative courses around the u.k but i am also willing to travel, i was thinking would it be a good idea to apply for madinah university? ...wasalams

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
12-29-2005, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Andaraawus
As-salamu alaykum

i am studyng at a dar ul uloom but i dont like it there, they are trying to force me to sing urdu naats and look down on me if i dont do the brelvi anthem with them after Jumah prayers.

I feel a need to get away from them and study elsewhere, some of the other students there have started to label me a wahabie and seek fault with me ..

so i am looking for alternative courses around the u.k but i am also willing to travel, i was thinking would it be a good idea to apply for madinah university? ...wasalams
Salaam

It's a shame that they're looking down on you, And if you feel that you're not getting nothing out of it then you should seek your studys elsewhere you feel more comfortable. BTW I think it would be a good idea to apply for medianh.

Peace&Justice
01-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Was-salaamu `alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

Apparantely it's very difficult to get into Madinah University. See these threads on al-maghrib which should help you inshaa`Allaah.

The second issue is your age. Are you old enough to be eligible to study abroad? If you are not, then I suggest you stay in the UK (maybe change darul-`ulooms, I know the one in London, Leicester and Bury isn't barelwified [If you need more info. let me know]). You may have issues with them in relation to `aqeedah or tasawwuf, but the quality of fiqh, hadeeth and tafseer being taught in these darul-`ulooms are not always found elsewhere.

Madinah University isn't the only option - I have heard from reliable sources that other universities like Imaam Sau`d University in Riyadh, al Eman University in Yemen etc are better than Madinah, See this thread for more info.

May Allaah increase your knowledge and make your path towards `ilm easier.

BaarakAllaahu feek

afriend
01-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Yeah my friend was there.....he came back to my school the very next year.

Well if u want 2 travel then why don't u come to my School in tooting...It's an Islamic school and you can learn Arabic if u are willing enough though!

I learnt my Arabic (well almost) in 3 years...But some who have been in this school 4 8 years still don't know a single word of Arabic.

NOT THAT I'M TRYING TO BRAG!!!!! I don't like bragging...

So you can see that it needs continuous effort!

But inshallah you will find a good school!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Andaraawus
01-01-2006, 12:27 PM
As-salamau alaykum

thankz ever so much for the options you brothers have gave me i will look into them ...wheres tooting? and which books do they study there ...? wasalams

amirah_87
04-04-2006, 01:46 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

akhee i'd like to recomend yemen u'll be able to study your arabic whilst remaining firm on your deen.

wa alaykum ass salaam

S_87
04-04-2006, 02:37 PM
:sl:

madinah uni may be a hard uni to get into
but u can study at home... check this site out www.londonoc.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.