/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars & Islamic Fashion

akulion
12-29-2005, 06:20 PM
:sl:

Well now ofcourse a lot of people will disagree with me here.
But when watching Star Wars I couldnt help but feel that a lot of the fashion used in it was very close to Islamic Fashion....

For example take this picture of Queen Amidala wearing a Hijab

And yet in another image if we ignore the weird makeup we will see she is wearing a full abaya with hijab kinda

and then ofcourse leaving aside the huge weird head thingie in this pic - dosent the robe look so elegant and nice and is islamically acceptable too!

Ofcourse it seems to be "trailing off" on the follow but with minor adjustments that could easily be fixed I think :D

Needless to say the makeup is absolutely horrendous!!!!

It would be a good incentive for Muslim designers to use as a inspiration source for bettering Islamic fashion for women...

What do you think? Im nuts or is there some truth to my article?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
akulion
12-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Oh yes I forgot to add the most convincing picture yet!!!

Queen Amidila in FULL hijab :D

also

Even the men fashions are very nice check out these cool robes for men - totally islamic :D

and note the hand maidens of Queen Amidila wearing hijab and properly covered!

And some other cool images of Queen Amidilla in Islamic Garb

and

And this is the most awesome yet...check out the sisters dresses in the back! They are so cool

Muezzin
12-29-2005, 07:27 PM
LOL!

Good point! I think the pictures might be removed, and in case they are - just go and watch Star Wars Episode 1 and keep an eye on the Queen's outfits. :p

On a related note, Obi-Wan's master is called Qui-Gon Jinn. As we know, Jinn are 'ghost-like' entities made from smokeless fire. Further on in the Star Wars story, Qui-Gon becomes a ghostly presence. Interesting :)

akulion
12-29-2005, 07:32 PM
yea star wars has some pretty cool things...

if the pictures are removed no biggie - and apologies if they are against board regulations....

1 thing I particulatrly like in Star wars is the saying:

"Since we cant find a solution then we should wait until a solution presents itself"

Its a cool saying teaching Sabr and accepting Qadr

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
12-29-2005, 07:34 PM
And: 'Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.'

Materialism = bad if you want to be a kickass Jedi.

Umm Safiya
12-29-2005, 07:35 PM

[MOUSE]Lol![/MOUSE] You do got a point here akhee.. There is some resemblence or whatever it's called!

On a related note, Obi-Wan's master is called Qui-Gon Jinn. As we know, Jinn are 'ghost-like' entities made from smokeless fire. Further on in the Star Wars story, Qui-Gon becomes a ghostly presence. Interesting :)
Well, in Aladdin, the ghost thing in the lamp is called Genie, and it kinda sounds a little like a Jinn! Or something like that!?

:w:

akulion
12-29-2005, 07:38 PM
The concept of Jinn was probably most copied by the movie WISH MASTER in which basically a Jinn is released and goes on loose in the human world making people "wish" and with each wish the result would be something terrible because the Jinn wsa evil...

Muezzin
12-29-2005, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ms. Amira
Well, in Aladdin, the ghost thing in the lamp is called Genie, and it kinda sounds a little like a Jinn! Or something like that!?

Yep. In fact the English word 'Genie' derives from 'jinn'. Jinns are pretty prominent in Middle Eastern mythology. I think in the Hundred and One Nights, there was a story about a wish-granting Jinn, and this story, or ones like it, must have carried over to the West. :)

But back to Star Wars and Islamic fashion, here is how NOT to dress:

I mean come on, Jabba. Putting your fat gut on display isn't making it any smaller.

akulion
12-29-2005, 07:44 PM
loool bro thats funny

he isnt even dressed - hes naked!!

also one thing I hate about western movies is all these "harem " thingies they show - as if thats what Muslims are about! RIDICLOUS STUFF!

Muezzin
12-29-2005, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
loool bro thats funny

he isnt even dressed - hes naked!!
But he's also a big fat blob, so it's funny on a puerile level.

also one thing I hate about western movies is all these "harem " thingies they show - as if thats what Muslims are about! RIDICLOUS STUFF!
I know what you mean. I thought harems are haram :p

akulion
12-29-2005, 07:50 PM
You might find this ridiclous but last year I met an american girl in chat and we were talking about the world...she was old enough 27 so I assumed she must be smart.

But what she asked me next was ust unbelieveable! Her question:

"I saw on tv you guys live in caves is it true?"

looool

So its just part of the media with Harems - trying to down play Islam and Muslims in a seemingly "innocent" way

Muezzin
12-29-2005, 07:53 PM
You might find this ridiclous but last year I met an american girl in chat and we were talking about the world...she was old enough 27 so I assumed she must be smart.
Another Star Wars line: 'You assume too much.' :p

But what she asked me next was ust unbelieveable! Her question:

"I saw on tv you guys live in caves is it true?"
Oh boy...

So its just part of the media with Harems - trying to down play Islam and Muslims in a seemingly "innocent" way
The media is messed up. How the heck is showing Harems portraying us in an 'innocent' way? We look like pimps!

akulion
12-29-2005, 07:57 PM
lool we look like pimps!!

so true man!

But its terrible what people often think!

The media is very irresponsible too - like me and my cousins and friends were discussing just yesterday on a Valima celebration how they ALWAYS show the WORST areas of Pakistan on the news - they never show any of the good regions.

It just portrays as if Pakistan is full of bad things...it sucks when they do this!

Muezzin
12-29-2005, 08:00 PM

That's true, but not all the media is messed up. You do have a couple of really intelligent non-Muslims who are clued up, such as George Lucas with Star Wars, which blends all the goodness of almost every religion.

Apart from celibacy, which is just wrong. No wonder the Jedi went down. They needed to feel the love :p

akulion
12-29-2005, 08:03 PM
walikum salam

The jedi are a lot like the Muslims - they are justice loving - fair in judgement - reflective on situations - brave - cool - smart

but as u mentioned the celebicy bit sucks!

Muezzin
12-29-2005, 08:05 PM
walikum salam

The jedi are a lot like the Muslims - they are justice loving - fair in judgement - reflective on situations - brave - cool - smart
And beardy!

'If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine'

Cos that will trigger the bomb strapped to my stomach. :p

but as u mentioned the celebicy bit sucks!
Heck yes it sucks! Ladies are lining up to marry Yoda!

akulion
12-29-2005, 08:13 PM
do you think bro saudis is really a jedi ?

azim
12-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Salaam.

You can get those over-thobes that look so jedi!

yoshiyahu
12-30-2005, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ms. Amira

[MOUSE]Lol![/MOUSE] You do got a point here akhee.. There is some resemblence or whatever it's called!

That's pretty cool. There's also a lot of Hebrew embedded into the movie's characters. (Kenobi = "Like a prophet", for ex.)

akulion
12-30-2005, 12:06 PM
Yea star wars is an awesome movie :D

for all ages for all people

Muezzin
12-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Yea star wars is an awesome movie :D

for all ages for all people
Now if only you held shares in Lucasfilm... :p

musa786
12-31-2005, 10:45 AM
slmz

Well i think i'm way off topic but can u just tellme how did u get your pics o there ?!!

jazakallah

Muezzin
12-31-2005, 12:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by musa786
slmz

Well i think i'm way off topic but can u just tellme how did u get your pics o there ?!!

jazakallah
You use image tags. You put the link between these

sapphire
12-31-2005, 12:40 PM
Tut Tut Tut!!!!!!well true it looks like they are wearing hijaab....maybe they liked it so much they used hijaab...not that they will admit they copied us...do they ever....no!!!

akulion
12-31-2005, 01:22 PM
salam alaikum

I think those girls look so elegant in their hijabs
and when u see them uncovered they looks like street tramps!

azim
12-31-2005, 02:35 PM
salam alaikum

I think those girls look so elegant in their hijabs
and when u see them uncovered they looks like street tramps!
Lmto! I'm sure its only the ones who try to look like street tramps that look street stramps.

I mean, you're not gnna tell your wife to wear hijab 24/7 because without it she looks like a street tramp are you?

(btw, street tramp is a tongue twister, except with ur fingers, its so hard to spell correctly and quicky only a keyboard)

Bittersteel
12-31-2005, 03:15 PM
Luke Skywalker converts to Islam just before he dies.

I was thinking of a movie:

Gulf Wars:Knights of the Islamic Republic 2 :The Muslim Lords

akulion
12-31-2005, 03:40 PM
lol bro abrar
with the kind of technology we have we will be using newspapers as light sabers lool

bro Azim the street tramps are the ones who go out wearing hardly anything all decked up and think they look so cool...but in reality they arent really looking cool because they left their most important dress part at homw which is thei haya
lol

Muezzin
12-31-2005, 03:53 PM
bro Azim the street tramps are the ones who go out wearing hardly anything all decked up and think they look so cool...but in reality they arent really looking cool because they left their most important dress part at homw which is thei haya
lol
Oh, you mean the X-Rated version: Strumpet Wars - the adventures of Lucia Streetwalker. :p

But on-topic, Star Wars combines many, many religions into the Jedi. There's bits of everything in there. Pretty neat.

Mainul_Islam
01-04-2006, 12:20 AM

sumay28
01-04-2006, 12:47 AM
The movie does remind me a lot of Islam... It's like Islam on another planet. The buildings look mineret-like. Also "May the force be with you" sounds a lot like asalamu alaikum. I mentioned that before on another post.

Alien's got a turban!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.