/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are You Close To Your Family??

Mujahideen
12-30-2005, 12:20 AM
ASW Brothers and Sisters

me and this friend were having this conversation about how you naturally become close to the family members you live with. i totally disagree because i think although some people live together they can be strangers to one another. would love to hear your views. Wassalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mehnaz
12-30-2005, 12:25 AM
Salaam,

hmmm..i guess that depends on how much time the family spends together!!...i mean there are some who rarely see each other...and then there are others who make it a point to be together atleast at meal times...

W'salaam

Mujahideen
12-30-2005, 12:27 AM
Sorry i meant although some people who are living together don't have that family bond

libyanhero
12-30-2005, 12:35 AM
elhamdulillah I always see my family: mom,dad,brother,sister the ones I live with my other sister is married and in Libya so I don't see her havnt seen her since 2003 and now has two babies real sad lol oh well thats life when u live distances away'

I dont get when people live together they dont become close to one another it doesnt make sense, at least on the friendship basis and if its your family than its an obligation, how can you not see your parents who you live with and what kinda message are you giving? I am upset or angry with u now, I don't know much abt angry people but elhamdulillah my anger doesnt cause any harm in relationship or nothing and I rarely would get angry

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
12-30-2005, 12:39 AM
salam alaikum

To be close to your family for a muslim this is not a choice but a duty!

Charity begins at home
Dawah begins at home
Education begins at home

Parents are the most superior of people to a child on this Earth after Allah and the Prophet (sa)

So eventhough a person may feel they are not close to their family or "dont get along" they should get over these things and make their best efforts to be close to them or else on the day of judgement they will find themselves in big trouble!

The Prophet Mohammed(sa) said, "The one who finds his parents in old age and failes to take care of them has lost paradise"

So dont even think of an option of not getting along with your family!
Blood ties can NEVER be severed in Islam and is against the commandments of Allah swt.

Even if your parents are George W Bush and Salman Rushdie - you can never stop trying to inviting them to the truth and be kind to them.

Its all a test of life.

I know i missed the point of the Q but I just wanted to say these things :D

mehnaz
12-30-2005, 12:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ripa
Sorry i meant although some people who are living together don't have that family bond
Salaam,
yea i know sis....its jus that sometimes even wen families are living together...each one is bz doing their own things....they live in the same house and thats all thats common between them....:enough!: :-\
w'salaam

Tasneem
12-30-2005, 12:52 AM
I am extremely close to my mothers side of the family(Probably because we live about a block way from each other)
Im not really close to my daddy side though because they live really far away from us.We have none of his relatives living close to us.

SaLaMz

Safa
12-30-2005, 01:08 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

Yes, sort of. I'm more closer to my siblings (I have 3) than my parents. Maybe because we live together and there isn't much of a difference in our ages so we get along fine. I suppose we won't have this sort of relationship when we're older and busy with our lives.

We also have family lunches/dinners every weekends. My parents always stress that keeping family ties is important.

me and this friend were having this conversation about how you naturally become close to the family members you live with.
I agree with that.

Wa'alaikum salam

Makky
12-30-2005, 05:59 AM
yes alhamdulilaH

12-30-2005, 06:32 AM
i am very close to my family evn though we don't spend a lot of time together, i think it basically depends on the house atmosphere...

Rukayat
12-30-2005, 08:11 AM
I guess I'm pretty much very close to my family ..... I just can't live without my family members even for a few hours!!

^..sTr!vEr..^
12-30-2005, 10:33 AM
:sl:

it depends on the family type..i mean if ur family is cooperating n friendly then it is possible otherwise boy! some of my frds hide evrythg from their mums n fight a lot too..Alhamdollilah my family is very nice..although im not very close to ne one at h0me still im usually the centre of attention coz im the youngest n i enjoy a lot too sometimes ..:coolious: :) :giggling: so its kinda 50-50 ..:)

:w:
ur :sister:

Snowflake
01-02-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm very close to my little bro, who's 2 yrs younger than me. We can talk about anything, our deepest darkest secrets lol. We always ask each other for advice and that. MashaAllah. But my other bro.. I just put up with him for Allah's sake, otherwise I wish I could live on the other side of the world lol. But I get on fine with the rest of my family. LOl awww my lil bro just rang me as I was typing this..he's coming to see me. MashaAllah see the loveee :)

byeeee

1m@@n
01-03-2006, 12:05 AM
Asalamoalaikum wr wb

welll i have 6 sisters...my ammi abbu...4 bro in laws and 12 nephews n neices in total.....n Alhumdulillah we are all SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO close...jus like super glue......**scratches head ** ummmmm yeh, summin along the lines...lol

Especially my ammi jaan...i luv her ssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo much i cant emphasise enough....shes my bestestttt friend int the entire world...and i thank Allah swt soooo soo sooo much for blessing me with such a WONDERFUL family subhanaAllah....i can talk to my ammi jaan bout a-z and shes jus truely amazing....i wnna be so much like her one day....inshaAllah,

my ammi abbu n bro in law sis n neice are on hajj at the mo...and i kindda feel a lil lost without them....please pray that Allah swt accepts their hajj and the hajj of all our muslim bros n sisters inshaAllah....

a lotta the time...when im feelin a lil down...i just turn n look at ma family around me....so much that Allah swt has blessed me with n i dun eva want to take it for granted....inshaAllah il always thank Allah swt for what i have....

anyways...time out....

fi amana Allah (inshaAllah)

1m@@n
01-03-2006, 12:13 AM
arghhhhh i just typed that and guess what...my ammi jaan jus rang me from saudi.....and im jus gna call them back now...ammi said that ammi n ma sis managed to touch the kaabaa 2day...subhanaAllah...that is jus wow......i wish i was there!!! inshaAllah 1 day

ws wr wb

afriend
01-03-2006, 12:17 AM

Yes I am!!!!!

Let me relate my sad story to you.....:'(

Well...when my grandparents were in this country...I used to love them dearly....I always used to help them out as much as i could...goin 2 masjid with my Grandad every single Jama'at.

Then they went 2 Bangaldesh in November after Ramadhaan and they're gonna stay there until May...(that's a long time since i have'nt been without them 4 more than 1 month)...Anyways when they went I felt a great deal of distress, I was fealing so upset..................i miss them so much, they used to make me feel happy whenever I went to their house....Now I'm so lonely and I always cry for them that Allah brings them back quickly(Ameen,Inshallah)...But anyways the brothers (and sisters) in this forum have cheered me up a LOT.....Jazaakallah brothers and sisters 4 supporing me...especially brother Fi_sabilillah May Allah grant him, me and every1 Jannah Ameen!!!

pious_hijabi
01-03-2006, 12:44 AM
Alhamdulilah, I have a very strong bond with my family not only the ones I live with but my mom sister's family aswell. I think it is very important to have a strong bond with ur family, because a relationship with a friend can die and can no longer exist but the relationship you have with a family member is unbreakable and will forever exist.

*charisma*
01-03-2006, 12:48 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

ASW Brothers and Sisters

me and this friend were having this conversation about how you naturally become close to the family members you live with. i totally disagree because i think although people live together they are strangers to one another. would love to hear your views. Wassalam
Really this all depends on each person, not the family as a whole.
I know that certain people might be attached to certain members in their family more than their parents, others have no attachment to their families, and some can't live without their families.

You may grow attached to the people because you have lived with them, and it could work the opposite way as well.

When youre younger, ofcoarse you will be attached with everyone around you because you dont know anyone else so you depend on them a lot. Once you get older and youre much more independent, you can choose who to love and be attached to.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Sanobar
01-07-2006, 12:30 PM
salam!
I AM VERY CLOSE TO MY FAMILY...! Alhumdullilah! esp to my elder sis!!!!!!!! ;)

ma'salamah

hidaayah
01-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Assalam u Alaikum..
I'm very very close to my family!! and also to my mother side cousins..Its soo much fun to be wih my brothers..:)
wassalam

shudnt_have
01-08-2006, 04:51 AM
When every member of the family aims to acheive one goal at the end of the day, "pleasing Allah swt" in every way, they all work together and avoid things which will hurt the other family member's feelings.-therefore Pleases Allah swt. 'Abidying by the laws of Allah (swt), helps a broken family to come true, and function as a system. SubhaAllah. I have seen it before my eyes. alhamdulilah.

Yes, I am close to very my mom and my siblings. I love my dad too, but we tend to have a 'daughter-father' conversations usually after the fajr prayer, because thats my especial time with him.:sister:

My mom and I are share our thoughts most of the time, I seek advice from her too, and what i find helpful is having a sense of humor and big heart for asking and forgiving others, overall a humble n positive attitute. all helps.

Sanobar
01-08-2006, 04:39 PM
I love my dad too, but we tend to have a 'daughter-father' conversations usually after the fajr prayer, because thats my especial time with him.:sister:
awwwwwwwwwwwww......sis.....father daughter talks during fajr...thats soo cute... i have father daughter talks almots the whole day i keep buggin him !:lol::statisfie

sapphire
01-08-2006, 04:59 PM
im close to each family member and friends in different ways.....talk to different people about different things......but i tend to keep things to my self if it causes others distress.......

MuslimaH~SistaH
01-08-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm preety much close to my Family,Alhaduliah.

Helena
01-08-2006, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fozley

Yes I am!!!!!

Let me relate my sad story to you.....:'(

Well...when my grandparents were in this country...I used to love them dearly....I always used to help them out as much as i could...goin 2 masjid with my Grandad every single Jama'at.

Then they went 2 Bangaldesh in November after Ramadhaan and they're gonna stay there until May...(that's a long time since i have'nt been without them 4 more than 1 month)...Anyways when they went I felt a great deal of distress, I was fealing so upset..................i miss them so much, they used to make me feel happy whenever I went to their house....Now I'm so lonely and I always cry for them that Allah brings them back quickly(Ameen,Inshallah)...But anyways the brothers (and sisters) in this forum have cheered me up a LOT.....Jazaakallah brothers and sisters 4 supporing me...especially brother Fi_sabilillah May Allah grant him, me and every1 Jannah Ameen!!!

interesting view mashallah, funnily this is hw i feel and still feel if my mum and dad leave me even though im a grown women!!

I feel as if with them im somethnig, but with out them am nothing at all!! Me and mum are very close mashalah, lyk sisters u can say!! without her permissoin i do nothing at all, i feel her pain, her happiness!! Don't wanna leave her at all, i knw i have to! but its gna b hard for me and her!! We are inseparable, make allah(swt) keep our family lyk dis forever!!

At the moment my dads gne hajj, i feel so empty something special has disappered. Inshalah i pray a safe journey for him!!

R_U
01-08-2006, 08:01 PM
I would say I'm very close to my family and as the years pass the family tends to get closer. As a middle child I tend to be close in my own way to each member..I love being everyones confidante! :sister:

salman128
01-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Yes I am

Uma Rayanah
01-21-2006, 09:41 PM

Alhmduliaah im very close wiv all ma family members....i Luv them all 4 da sake of Allah...

so0x0xsweet
02-17-2006, 12:49 AM
um.. im close with most of my familylets jus put it that way.. im closer wit the family idont live with tho

julie sarri
02-27-2006, 02:42 PM
:sl: yes but they are all non muslims which can be hard some time i try my best to explane to them about islam but becouse my father died meny years age and my mum is nearly 71 i have to look out for her as i'm the her youngst :w: :sister:

khadijah06
02-27-2006, 04:36 PM

Umm im kinda close to my family. They dont really accept mt beliefs but we still get along fine.

:w: :sister:

smile
02-28-2006, 04:39 PM
Yes, quite close

nurul3eyn
03-05-2006, 09:03 AM
My family and the relationships we share are so close to my heart alahamdullillah....My grandparents in particular have inspired me. The men were ‘characters’ and the women were incredibly strong. They’re all wonderful storytellers, with their hearts as big as their tales..masha'allah.....If i start talking about the bond i share with my family it will take me forever to finish it..:)....Family is very special to me...Being so close with my family is an incredibly important part of my life..I cherish every moment i share with them :wub: :'(

Guli7
03-06-2006, 02:35 AM
I barely know my male cousins overseas and I feel so guilty because I hardly go talk to them when I do go. I talk to my female cousins more often.

Its like we live so far apart and we are first cousins but don't know eachother at all.

My dad told me that I don't need to converse with them anyway. Hi and bye is enough.

Guli7
03-06-2006, 02:37 AM
Oh and my intermediate family and I are pretty close...for the most part. although I don't have long coversations with my mom or dad that much.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.