/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Refuting the Lie Against Shaikh Ibn Baaz

kadafi
02-18-2005, 06:56 PM
By Shahid Bin Waheed

Forces for falsehood always spread the disinformation about Islaam and Glorious Qur’aan. One of their examples is the absurd lie about the flat earth and an alleged Fatawaa. Anti-Islaam forces selects parts of the Islaamic history and/or Qur’aanic teachings treating them as the whole, omitting the entire context from the subject. And then expect people to believe that their claim is true, while the leading parts of and controlling features of the Islaamic and/or Qur’aanic teachings are carefully suppressed. Following is a synopsis of what is being taught by the respected Shaikh Ibn Baaz رحمة الله عليه about the issue in question, which clearly impeaches the lies and slanders against the respected scholar of Islaam.

The Shaikh Ibn Baaz:According to the people knowledge (scholars of Islaam) the earth is round; for indeed Ibn Hazim and a group of other scholars mentioned that there is a consensus (unanimous agreement, Ijmaa') among the people of knowledge that it is round. This means that all of it is connected together thus making the form of the entire planet like a ball. However, Allaah has spread out surface for us and He has placed firm mountains upon it and placed the animals and the seas upon it as a mercy for us. For this reason, Allaah said: "And (do they not look) at the Earth, how it was made FLAT (Sutihat)." [Al-Ghaashiyyah (88): 20]

وَإِلَى الْأَرْضِ كَيْفَ سُطِحَتْ
WA- 'ILAA AL- 'ARD. KAYFA SUT.IH.AT
And at the earth, how it is spread out?

Therefore, it (the Earth) has been made flat for us in regards to its surface, so that people can live on it and so that people can be comfortable upon it.

The fact that it is round does not prevent that its surface has been made flat. This is because something that is round and very large, if it is made flat (its surface), then its surface will become very vast or broad (i.e. having a flat appearance). Yes."

This is the Fatawaa of the Shaikh Ibn Baaz about the earth's flatness and its roundness. So do not listen to those who lie against Islaam, Glorious Qur’aan and Scholars of Islaam. Shaikh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah be always please with him) was not some fool. In fact, such people are liars and slanderers at most, and their sole objective is to obscure and obfuscate the truth. As the Prophet's (صلى الله عليه وسل&#1605) said in a Hadeeth recorded by Imaam Muslim, "It is sufficient to consider a man lying when he narrates everything that he hears.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khattab
02-18-2005, 07:02 PM
"It is sufficient to consider a man lying when he narrates everything that he hears.”

Salam brother you got anymore info on this, what does it mean say I hear something from a lecture and tell someone else about it is that what it means?

kadafi
02-18-2005, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amir
"It is sufficient to consider a man lying when he narrates everything that he hears.”

Salam brother you got anymore info on this, what does it mean say I hear something from a lecture and tell someone else about it is that what it means?
:w:

As in narratin' everythin' that you hear without verifyin' if it's true or accurate. In other words, regardin' rumours as factual.

Genius
02-18-2005, 07:15 PM
I think the actual quotes were

"If the earth is rotating as they claim, the countries, the mountains, the trees, the rivers, and the oceans will have no bottom and the people will see the eastern countries move to the west and the western countries move to the east."

"The earth is flat. Whoever claims it is round is an atheist deserving of punishment."

Source 1

Title of the Book: "Evidence that the Earth is Standing Still."
Author: Sheikh Abdul Aziz Ben Baz.
Editor: Islamic University of Medina.
Year: 1395 AH [1974 CE]
City: Medina, Saudi Arabia.
Page: 23.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2005, 09:43 AM
i don't understand what this is about, what is going on?

Miskeen_INC
05-05-2005, 01:22 PM
---
:sl:

---

Anyway back to the discussion at hand Sh. Bin Baz (rahimallah) recanted his statements about the world being flat from a fatwa based upon in the 1960's :omg:

Here ya go

Audio

Al-Hashr (59):10

And those who came after them say: "Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us in Faith, and put not in our hearts any hatred against those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of kindness, Most Merciful.

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-05-2005, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tru_nigga
Well he showed no respect for muslims. Look at the oppressive way him and the other wahabis rule saudi arabia. Does he show respect for them. He issued fatwas saying these people or that are deserving of punishment. Respect should be earned not granted.

He also passes judgement on others saying these guys are kufar and those guys are kufar. He has an oppressive and backward way of looking at women and condoned massive oppression against them.

The only people he respected and defended were the corrupt and treacherous al saud family. His job was to give them religious credibility and defend them . I have no respect for him so i will not show him respect.
You've made a number of allegations, but I would like to see some evidence to back it up. It seems like you don't have a good understanding of the subject. Please read:
http://www.thewahhabimyth.com

I think you will find it enlightening. :)

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-05-2005, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Miskeen_INC
JazakAllah khair for this website. It seems very informative. Insha'Allah I'll have a closer look at some of the articles later.

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-05-2005, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Green Bird
Sorry to lose you so soon tru nigga...by the way is this forum being run by salafists? -out of curiosity :)
Its being run by muslims. Muslims who adhere to the Qur'an and the Sunnah, as understood by the companions of Prophet Muhammad saws.

Please read the articles in this section for more info:
http://www.islamicboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

panIslamist
05-06-2005, 04:47 PM
May Allah guide the Muslims who create lies against Shaikh Bin Baz rah.
Ameen

snipeaac
05-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Many people lie against the noble Sheikh (rahimahullaah)

Hold your tongues lest fitnah befall you

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Assalamoalaikum-wa-rahamtullah-hey-wabrakatu

Shaykh Bin Baaz was a great scholar in his time - he was the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia and allah had blessed him with a lot of knowledge.

What I can't understand is how people can call a muslim a KAAFIR etc. Just because someone has a different view on something (as scholars do) does that mean they are wrong?

The four Imams (Abu Hanifa, Shafi, Malik, Hambal) - they disagreed on many things like (saying ameen loud, rafadayn etc) does that mean they are wrong and KAAFIR. They were all correct and presented their daleel and proof!

BROTHERS AND SISTERS when you stand in front of ALLH SWT he is not going to ask you was the earth round or flat - hw will ask you why did you call someone a KAAFIR and what knowledge do we have on Islam - its laughable - leave the scholars to debate as they will answerable for their actions.

I would recommend have a look at yourself (how many sins do you do a day), dont worry about others worry about yourself.

May allah guide us

Wassalam

snipeaac
05-06-2005, 05:04 PM
That reminded of something,

Ibn Baz (RahimahuAllaah) was hard against performing takfeer. He spoke against it and warned against performing it.

panIslamist
05-06-2005, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snipeaac
That reminded of something,

Ibn Baz (RahimahuAllaah) was hard against performing takfeer. He spoke against it and warned against performing it.
Yes he was. Here's his fatwa:
http://www.troid.org/articles/ibaada...ingtakfeer.htm

panIslamist
05-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Also I needed a refutation of performing mawlid which Bin Baz RH called bidah.

Far7an
05-09-2005, 11:01 PM
The issue has been discussed, no benefit in this thread being opened, it has resulted in insults being thrown at eachother.

Thread Closed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.