/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Judgement Day

POBook
12-30-2005, 05:56 AM
Christians and Muslims both know there is going to be a judgement day where GOD tells us to either enter paradise for eternity or go to hell for eternity. First question: Do we know exactly when this judgement day is going to be? Second question: If your good deeds outweighed your bad deeds, but GOD, in His sovereignty and choice, sent you to hell, how would you feel; what would you be thinking :-\ or :) or :confused: or :mad: or :enough!: ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Safa
12-30-2005, 06:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by POBook
First question: Do we know exactly when this judgement day is going to be?
No, we don't. But Muslims are aware of the signs that will lead up to Judgment Day and feel that they should pray to God for mercy and protection.

Second question: If your good deeds outweighed your bad deeds, but GOD, in His sovereignty and choice, sent you to hell, how would you feel; what would you be thinking :-\ or :) or :confused: or :mad: or :enough!: ?
One has to keep in mind that everyone will be rewarded for their good deeds and punished for the bad,

99:7 "Then shall anyone who has done an atom's weight of good, see it! "
99:8 "And anyone who has done an atom's weight of evil, shall see it."

An exception would be if one does not believe in the Oneness of God and associates other beings with Him, then all their good deeds would not be taken into account.

If He chooses to send someone to hell despite all the good deeds he/she has done then one should accept it. That is the whole point of submission, that you don't question God's decision. We should keep in mind that God is All-Merciful and that every obstacle He gives is a test.

An example would be when Allah (swt) ordered Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh) to sacrifice his own son. He did not go against Allah's command and obeyed Him. Later his son was returned to him safe and sound and Ibrahim (pbuh) passed the test by showing that he was submissive to Allah (swt).

:peace:

Halima
12-30-2005, 07:40 PM
and muslims both know there is going to be a judgement day where GOD tells us to either enter paradise for eternity or go to hell for eternity.

This is an incorrect statement. There will be no believer in Hell for eternity. Allah(swt) will take out the believers from hell whenever he wants to. As for the disbelievers they will stay in there forever. Please take a look:

Unbelievers and many Muslims will enter the Hellfire. As for the unbelievers, they will remain in Hell forever. The believers who enter Hell due to their iniquities shall ultimately be taken out after their term of punishment is completed and they will be admitted to Paradise.

People will be taken out of the fire by Allah’s grace with the intercession of Prophet Muhammad, the other prophets, the angels, and the virtuous believers. Then Allah will remove from those believers who had no intercessor until no believer will remain in the Fire.

No. Allah(swt) knows best. Allahu'Alm.

If your good deeds outweighed your bad deeds, but GOD, in His sovereignty and choice, sent you to hell, how would you feel; what would you be thinking :-\ or :) or :confused: or :mad: or :enough!: ?

Mark my words. None of us muslims know wether we will be going to heavan or hell. This is totally the decision of Allah(swt). It can be our bad deeds that just may very well otweigh or good deeds and we can still be taking a trip to heaven. It is Allah(swt)'s decision to take us to paradise or go to the hell fire.

Allahu'Alm.

It is obligatory on all Muslims to believe in the Day of Judgment. This is the day when each and every individual will stand before Allah and be questioned about his or her deeds. The reward for success on this day is Paradise. The penalty for failure is Hell. Allah will not be unjust to any of His Creation.

Syed Hussain
12-30-2005, 08:49 PM
ASW
judgement day is frightening. the signs of judgement day are becoming more present nowadays. before it was appearing slowly now the signs are coming rapidly. make dua for me and for all the muslims in the world that we enter jannah and that we are given the key to jannatul firdous and that we enter jannah with a high status.

in the quran in surat abasa alla says that after the 2nd trumpet will be blown each man will flee from their brothers, wives and mothers. if you think about it we cannot imagine this as this seems impossible but this is happening now.

inshallah every muslim will be given jannah and inshallah everyone will have their iman so strong and keep their belief firm so that we are all ready for what is about to come. INSHALLAH
[S][S][S][S][S][S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
12-30-2005, 10:43 PM
Hello PObook,
Christians and Muslims both know there is going to be a judgement day where GOD tells us to either enter paradise for eternity or go to hell for eternity.
Anyone who has even an atom's weight of faith in their hearts will be removed from hell once they are purified from their sins.
Only Allah knows. When the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him was asked, "When is the hour? (i.e. the day of judgement)" he replied, "The answerer has no better knowledge than the questioner." (Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 47).

Second question: If your good deeds outweighed your bad deeds, but GOD, in His sovereignty and choice, sent you to hell, how would you feel; what would you be thinking :-\ or :) or :confused: or :mad: or :enough!: ?
As I already mentioned to you in another post, Islam is not a currency of good and bad deeds.

There is also a hadith which tells the story of a murderer of one hundred men who travels to a far away city to find a holy man who could show him the way to repentance. Halfway there he dies, but God admits him to Paradise because of his sincere attempt at reform (117 Bukhari, Vol.4, no. 676, on the authority of Abu Said Al-Khudri). Anyone would have thought that such a sinful person could never enter paradise, but none can close the gates of God's mercy upon anyone. In the Qur'an God informs us that someone who commits major sins yet turns and repents to God, his bad deeds will be changed into good deeds by the mercy of Allah. (Qur'an 25:68-70).

True believers should take heed of God's warning of severe punishment and start doing good deeds now, so that they aren't amongst those who will be disgraced on the Day of Resurrection, rather than worrying about what they will do if they are disgraced on that day.

Regards

POBook
01-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Salam Halima,

Thank you for your response. May I ask this question again: How are you going to feel if, in the next 5 minutes, you suddenly found yourself standing before GOD and being held to account? Have your good deeds in this life outweighed your bad deeds? Even if they have, you believe GOD has the right to do with you as he pleases. How are you going to feel; what are you going to think if He, in His sovereignty, closes heaven's door to you, but opens the door of hell? Try to put yourself in that position. What are you going to think? What are you going to feel?

Umm Safiya
01-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Salam Halima,

Thank you for your response. May I ask this question again: How are you going to feel if, in the next 5 minutes, you suddenly found yourself standing before GOD and being held to account? Have your good deeds in this life outweighed your bad deeds? Even if they have, you believe GOD has the right to do with you as he pleases. How are you going to feel; what are you going to think if He, in His sovereignty, closes heaven's door to you, but opens the door of hell? Try to put yourself in that position. What are you going to think? What are you going to feel?
:sl: and hey!

Just a little comment; :)
If a person sincerly has done good deeds, then Allâh wont be unjust to that person and send him or her to hell.. But if Allâh orders one to hell, then surely there is a reason why..
wa Allâhu 'alam..

:w:

aseer
01-02-2006, 02:29 PM
has anyone heard the lecture by shiekh tamimi, "signs before the final hour" i think its called?

POBook
01-02-2006, 02:52 PM
No. What is this lecture about?

azim
01-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Hi POBook. Welcome to the forums.

I am actually a very big fan of this quote, but starting from a few lines earlier.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I have not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I say unto you, That unless your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
The first thing I'd like to mention about it is that Jesus says: -
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
St. Paul the Apostle broke these laws, and taught men so. So by Jesus' own words, he is 'the least in the kingdom of heaven'.

As for the righteousess of the Pharisees. In Matt 23:13 Jesus says: -

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in [yourselves], neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
Thus, we know that they werent actually righteous, they advised men to good but did none of it themselves.

Also, in Luke 11:39

The Lord said to him, "Oh you Pharisees! Although you cleanse the outside of the cup and the dish, inside you are filled with plunder and evil.
You said: -

He was also trying to point out to the people, that this form of law abiding righteousness was not the form of righteousness GOD was seeking.
Law abiding righteousness is the type that God wants, as Jesus said in the earlier quote.

We also now know that it was not the Pharisees righteouness that was wrong, it was their lack of it.

Muslims don't believe that to get into heaven it is simply a case of good deeds vs. bad deeds. The equation is: -

To get into heaven = You need God's Mercy.

Belief + Good Deeds + Sincere avoidance of bad deeds + Repentence = God's Mercy

I hope this explains some more about the muslim perspective.

Tke care.

Peace.

POBook
01-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Hi there Azim

Thank you once again for your reply. I must say that you are obviously a very learned scholar. As a Muslim, you seem to know the Bible pretty well. I am learning more about the Qu’ran but I must confess, I do not yet know the Qu’ran as well as you seem to know the Scriptures. I also appreciate your approach to understanding verses of Scripture better within the surrounding context.

Yes, I agree with you concerning the issue of the law. Jesus made it very clear in Matthew 5:17:
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”
My first question is, why did Jesus not say, “I have come to keep the law and the Prophets”? Why did He say, “I have come to fulfill the [law and the Prophets]”? Jesus came to bring people a greater understanding of the law and the Prophets. As a fulfiller of the law and the Prophets, Jesus was going to keep the “skeleton” of the law that was given and was going to “flesh” this skeleton out. There was more the people needed to understand about the law than they understood at the time. How did Jesus “flesh” out or fulfill this law. Lets look at the next several verses of Scripture. In these Jesus and the law deal with the issues of murder, adultery, divorce, oaths, eye for an eye, and hatred of enemies. Jesus’ address of each of these issues begins almost exactly the same:

“You have heard that it was said…but…” (5:22-22; 5:27-28; 5:31-32; 5:33-34; 5:38-39 and 5:43-44).
With each of these laws, Jesus was about to make some “modifications”. Concerning the law, “You shall not murder”, Jesus pointed out that anger and despisement of other people was as bad as murder. How could this be? GOD looked at the heart of people. Maybe they did not murder someone physically, but harbored hatred in their hearts toward people; they spread false rumors about people. They may not have murdered the body, but they did a good job of killing reputation and personality. Yes, the law was important but there was more to life than this law.

Concerning the law, “Do not commit adultery”, Jesus pointed out that looking at a woman lustfully was adultery. People may not commit adultery physically—what the law addressed, but many people, particularly men, look at woman and dwell on sex with those women. In GOD’s eyes, this is adultery. GOD’s standard on the law is perfection in every way—He is the Perfect Creator.

Concerning the law of divorce, Jesus pointed out that there was no valid reason for divorce other than marital infidelity. Once again, men were obviously abusive to their wives and very self-centered about their lives. The wives were there to meet them at their point of need, and if the wives failed, they divorced their wives. Yes, on valid grounds for divorce, the law of issuing a certificate needed to be kept. But there was a whole lot more to this issue of divorce than this simple law addressed.

Concerning the law of oaths, Jesus pointed out that real truth was more important than an oath. It’s easy to make promises and then break them. If a promise is not truly made from the heart, it will be broken. A yes or a no made from the heart will be kept—no promises needed. People tried promoting themselves through oaths and promises that were as shallow as an empty pond.

Concerning the law of an “eye for an eye”, Jesus points out something that almost seems contradictory. He says, “Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also” (5:39). This law of an “eye for an eye” is seen in the Torah—Exodus 21:24; Leviticus 24:20; Deuteronomy 19:21. Law was introduced to make people aware of sin. It was also used to try and “balance” people out. Under this law, people could seek revenge for any little reason—to the point of making the law null and void. Yes, people must pay the price for their sin. However, Jesus tries pointing out to people that there is much more to life than retribution; there is more freedom found outside of retribution. Feeling like you need to pay back people for what they have done can become a huge burden to carry. If I may say as well, that Jesus asked His Father to forgive the people who crucified Him. He could have asked His Father to send them to hell, but he did not. Jesus did not pay back an eye for an eye.

Concerning the law of loving neighbors and hating enemies, Jesus points out once again the reality of the burden this law can become to people. Yes, we have every right to hate people who hate us. But, as Jesus says, even sinful people love one another and hate their enemies. Truly righteous people are different. True righteousness loves the enemy and prays sincerely for the persecuter.

Jesus concludes this whole issue of the Law and the Prophets in 5:48 by saying:

“Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.”
In conclusion, I think it’s important to realize that there is more to life than simple laws. Anybody can fulfill these laws. But can anybody fulfill them in the way Jesus explained them and way Jesus fulfilled them? Can we be truly perfect? Do we not all, at some point or another, fail to fulfill these laws in the way Jesus has fulfilled them? Why would His standard be that of perfection?

Thank you for taking time to read through this. It realize it is quite long.

Peace be upon you

azim
01-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Hi POBook. Thanks for you reply :D.

My first question is, why did Jesus not say, “I have come to keep the law and the Prophets”? Why did He say, “I have come to fulfill the [law and the Prophets]”? Jesus came to bring people a greater understanding of the law and the Prophets. As a fulfiller of the law and the Prophets, Jesus was going to keep the “skeleton” of the law that was given and was going to “flesh” this skeleton out. There was more the people needed to understand about the law than they understood at the time.
I agree with you completely, from the Islamic perspective, that Jesus came to give body to this skeleton of laws. I would however be a bit wary myself of looking to much into the word 'fufill', since it is a translation, and sometimes translations of words are not completely accurate and can give different meanings to the original intended meaning.

“You shall not murder”, Jesus pointed out that anger and despisement of other people was as bad as murder.

“Do not commit adultery”, Jesus pointed out that looking at a woman lustfully was adultery. People may not commit adultery physically—what the law addressed, but many people, particularly men, look at woman and dwell on sex with those women.
To me, the wisdom behind these teachings can be explained by a verse in the Quran were mankind is told not to follow the 'footsteps of Satan'. To kill a man, would be to follow Satan, to hold such hatred and anger towards him would be to follow his footsteps.

On the latter verse quoted, regarding adultery. I hope this gives you an insignt on the Islamic hijab. Both men and women are asked to wear a hijab (the womens hijab however including the covering of her hair) to reduce desires. Since to hold desires for a women will make it more likely you will commit adultery, thus following the footsteps of women.

Concerning the law of divorce, Jesus pointed out that there was no valid reason for divorce other than marital infidelity.
This is something that differs among Muslims and Christians.

Once a women approached the Prophet (pbuh) and told him that, despite having a perfectly reasonable husband with no real faults, she was not happy with him and wanted divorce. The Prophet advised her to reconcilation and to patience, however the women still lacked happiness in the marriage and eventually divorced the husband.

Divorce is 'hated by Allah', however it is permissable to divorce if either side are not happy with the marriage and there is no major problem.

Concerning the law of an “eye for an eye”, Jesus points out something that almost seems contradictory. He says, “Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also” (5:39). This law of an “eye for an eye” is seen in the Torah—Exodus 21:24; Leviticus 24:20; Deuteronomy 19:21.
The Quran says regarding this: -

And We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for an eye, nose for nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if anyone remits the retaliation by way of charity, it shall be for him an expiation (of sins). And whosoever does not judge by that which Allah has revealed, such are the wrongdoers. (5:45)
In conclusion, I think it’s important to realize that there is more to life than simple laws. Anybody can fulfill these laws. But can anybody fulfill them in the way Jesus explained them and way Jesus fulfilled them? Can we be truly perfect? Do we not all, at some point or another, fail to fulfill these laws in the way Jesus has fulfilled them? Why would His standard be that of perfection?
You are right, it would be very hard (I refrain from saying impossible just out of principle - never say never) for a normal person to abide by the laws of God like the prophets did. If we error, then we repent. That is a gift that God gave Adam and Eve and remains to us to this day.

A lot of non-muslims see Islam as a long set of rules, and always ask why I have to do this, and why I have to that. I always fail to explain to them why, since I do not feel like laws are bondage to me in anyway. Instead, they are guidelines from Allah on how to be close to Allah and love Allah.

God didn't say "If you don't pray 5 times a day, I won't love you"

God said "I love those who remember me often, and if you love me, you would remember me often (i.e. pray 5 times a day)".

Thanks for reading. I look forward to your reply.

Peace.

POBook
01-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Hello Azim,

Thanks again for your reply.

God said "I love those who remember me often, and if you love me, you would remember me often (i.e. pray 5 times a day)".
There are three forms of love. One is known as Eros. This is love that involves sexuality between people. Another form of love is called Phileo. This is the form of love that you see between good friends or companions. It is a brotherly love that involves give and receive. The third form of love is called Agape. This is a love that is unconditional. It is a love that gives with no expectation of return. It is a love that gives with "no strings attached"; with no conditions attached to it. Which form of love is used in the verse you quoted?

Once again, I appreciate your openness to dialogue. I always say that people who are not fully convicted in what they believe; people who feel threatened or uncomfortable in some way or another are those who "chicken out" of dialogue.

Peace be to you:sunny:

POBook
01-06-2006, 08:33 AM
I thank you all for your feedback and your perspectives on this issue of judgement. I hope we can coninue discussing other issues, despite our differences.

:) ;D :happy:

azim
01-06-2006, 04:50 PM
There are three forms of love. One is known as Eros. This is love that involves sexuality between people. Another form of love is called Phileo. This is the form of love that you see between good friends or companions. It is a brotherly love that involves give and receive. The third form of love is called Agape. This is a love that is unconditional. It is a love that gives with no expectation of return. It is a love that gives with "no strings attached"; with no conditions attached to it. Which form of love is used in the verse you quoted?
What I quoted wasn't a verse, but rather an idea in Islam that I paraphrased, perhaps not very well.

The love I described in those lines however whole most likely fall under Phileo (I have a limited understanding of these words so I hope you will correct me if I make a mistake) however it wouldn't be a perfect definition as it is not a 'give and take' relationship, God requires nothing from us and any good we do is beneficial for ourselves than anyone else.

In Surah Waqia, Allah describes that on the Day of Judgement there will be three groups of people.

1)Those destined for hell
2)Those destined for paradise
3)Those who are 'brought close to Allah'

The third type are the ones who are in perfect submission to their Lord and are the forerunners in doing good deeds and piety. For example, Jesus was described 'as being brought close to Allah', as Abraham, Moses and all the Prophets.

Indeed, some Prophets (such as Muhammad (pbuh) and Abraham) received the title 'Khalil-Allah', those who are 'close friends of Allah'.

This doesnt' mean that Allah only loves a few however.

Once, during the Prophet's life a lady was frantically looking for her young child. She was distraught in looking for him and feared the worst had happened. Eventually, she found him and the mother embraced her child with love and in tears.

The Prophet asked his disciples "would the mother want to throw her child into that fire?" (he pointed to a fire).

The disciples replied 'no, of course not'.

The Prophet informed them: - "Allah's love and mercy for mankind is greater the love of that mother for her child and on the day of Judgement, he will be less willing to throw a single soul into the hellfire then the mother would be willing to throw her child into the fire."

In this context, perhaps the love is moreso Agape.
Once again, I appreciate your openness to dialogue. I always say that people who are not fully convicted in what they believe; people who feel threatened or uncomfortable in some way or another are those who "chicken out" of dialogue.
I agree, we should always put our own beliefs under the microscope and what better way to do than discussion.

Peace.

afriend
01-06-2006, 05:07 PM
"question: If your good deeds outweighed your bad deeds, but GOD, in His sovereignty and choice, sent you to hell, how would you feel; what would you be thinking....."

[PIE]You can't just say that..........[/PIE] I mean..........I hope i don't sound like a monster but this is not something we can just joke around with.........there isn't a chance of us going to hell if we have more good deeds than bad deed.............

BTW.............Bro Azim............Where are my.........from yesterday??

LOL only jokin

azim
01-06-2006, 06:23 PM
BTW.............Bro Azim............Where are my.........from yesterday??
MOD! MOD! Nah, it still won't let me give you any.

Bittersteel
01-06-2006, 08:04 PM
on the day of judgement are all my secrets and actions will going to be revealed to everyone?

POBook
01-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Judgement is between you and GOD. Everyone will know the final outcome of that Judgement. In Matthew 25 you can read the following verses concerning tha day of judgement:

Mat 25:31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.
Mat 25:32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
Mat 25:33 He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed by My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
Mat 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;
Mat 25:36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you took care of Me; I was in prison and you visited Me.'
Mat 25:37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You something to drink?
Mat 25:38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or without clothes and clothe You?
Mat 25:39 When did we see You sick, or in prison, and visit You?'
Mat 25:40 "And the King will answer them, 'I assure you: Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me.'
Mat 25:41 Then He will also say to those on the left, 'Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the Devil and his angels!
Mat 25:42 For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink;
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger and you didn't take Me in; I was naked and you didn't clothe Me, sick and in prison and you didn't take care of Me.'
Mat 25:44 "Then they too will answer, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or without clothes, or sick, or in prison, and not help You?'
Mat 25:45 "Then He will answer them, 'I assure you: Whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for Me either.'
Mat 25:46 "And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

azim
01-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Judgement is between you and GOD. Everyone will know the final outcome of that Judgement. In Matthew 25 you can read the following verses concerning tha day of judgement:
Can I ask you a question. Those whom are on the left - will the payment for their sins be payed by Jesus, if they were Christians who believed in Jesus as their saviour?

POBook
01-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Hello Azim,

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. I would love to give a clear response but I need to better understand your question.

azim
01-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Hello Azim,

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. I would love to give a clear response but I need to better understand your question.
Hey
I apologise for the ambiguity. In the quote, it says: -
Mat 25:41 Then He will also say to those on the left, 'Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the Devil and his angels!
These refer to those who failed to feed the hungry, clothe the naked etc...

If it was a Christian who failed to do these things, would he be forgiven and the payment for the sins be covered by Jesus' blood sacrifice?

POBook
01-12-2006, 02:47 PM
You all are fast;D Hope you have patience--I'll try keep up. Order of response...if I may
Ansar Al-'Adl -- Atonement
Hanar_Aku -- Atonement
Azim -- Judgment Day

Khaldun
01-12-2006, 02:58 PM
:sl:
Second question: If your good deeds outweighed your bad deeds, but GOD, in His sovereignty and choice, sent you to hell, how would you feel; what would you be thinking or
It is reported on the authority of Mu`aadh Ibn Jabal (ra ) `May Allah be pleased him', that he said: "I was riding behind the Prophet (saas ) on a donkey when he said to me: "Oh, Mu`aaz! Do you know what is the right of Allah (swt ) upon His slaves and what is the right of the slaves upon Allah (swt )?" I said: "Allah (swt ) and His Messenger (saas ) know best." He (saas ) said: "The right of Allah (swt ) upon His slaves is that they worship Him and do not associate anything with Him; and the right of the slaves upon Allah (swt ) is that those who do not associate anything with Him will not be punished." I said: "Oh, Messenger of Allah (saas )! Shall I not inform the people (of this)?" He (saas ) said: "Do not inform them, in case they rely upon it." (Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.