/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic publishers

jello
12-30-2005, 05:45 PM
Salam Alaykum to all,

I would like to know whether any of the brotehrs and sisters here have a link with any of the Islamic publishers around the world. I know that the e-mail addresses of the Publishers are available, yet I have not been able to receive an answer from any of the publishers I have contacted up to now. So if the moderators of sunniforum or some otehr brothers know a better way to contact any of the major Islamic publishers, it would be good for them to inform me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Z
12-31-2005, 01:29 PM
Salaam.

What kind of Publisher are you looking for? Islamic text?

jello
12-31-2005, 01:35 PM
salam alaykum

I have written book and am editing it, i would like to discuss with some Islmic publishers as to how best to publish it and distribute it.

ma salam.

jello
01-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Salam Alaykum

I would like to know seriously if anyone has an answer for this, since I am in the process of looking for a suitable publisher to speak with. Thanks.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
01-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Salaam.

What kind of a book is it? The text.

s_123_v
01-01-2006, 02:37 PM
i made a islamic board game last year at school and i sent it to get it published by the islamic foundation and they rejected it,i was soooo upset

jello
01-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Salam Alaykum

The book is a discussion about Sunni-Shia differences. Of course, since I am a Sunni, then the book is from the Sunni perspective (I have not made it like a lot of the anti-Shia propaganda, since this is not the way in my opinion to deal with the matter). However, I do not want to disclose too many details in a public forum for the time being at least.

afriend
01-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Well it's best 2 just search around...I can't say much....But the best thing would be to contact a few highly rated publishers then pick out the best 1!

Also ask Allah for guidance and Allah will guide you to the best 1 Inshallah...I always rely on Allah cos he's the only 1 that you can truly trust and rely on.

Z
01-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Salaam.

You know, try forgetting the publishers for a moment. Get some publicity for the book. Create a website, give some snippets, and this way word will get around. Soon, there might just be a publisher who comes across it and offers you a deal.

afriend
01-01-2006, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

You know, try forgetting the publishers for a moment. Get some publicity for the book. Create a website, give some snippets, and this way word will get around. Soon, there might just be a publisher who comes across it and offers you a deal.

yeah....or that!

LOL

jello
01-01-2006, 05:40 PM
salam alaykum

I thought that if i give publicity to it through the internet, then the whole idea of a publisher disappears (because the work is already free for everyone ???)

Maybe I am wrong...

Z
01-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Salaam.

No, no. We're talking publicity. Some notes about it. Little extracted snippets from the text too see some of the content. The writing style. Not publish the whole book!

Think of released movies, and 1 month before the movie release date trailers, and teaser trailers which come out months before that.

azim
01-01-2006, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jello
Salam Alaykum

The book is a discussion about Sunni-Shia differences. Of course, since I am a Sunni, then the book is from the Sunni perspective (I have not made it like a lot of the anti-Shia propaganda, since this is not the way in my opinion to deal with the matter). However, I do not want to disclose too many details in a public forum for the time being at least.
Salaam. Is it a big book? If its small, then maybe think about getting it published independantly, it wouldn't cost too much and if you think your book is any good, then insha'Allah you should make your money back.

Most Islamic bookstores are privately run, so if you turn up on the door 'Hi, this is a book I wrote and published, could you sell it in your store' they'll probably say yes.

Once you've done that, then you'll be on better standing to publish a book through Islamic publishers, however I still recommend independant.

jello
01-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Salam Alaykum,

It is a book about 100 pages long for now, though it may expand once I complete the references and glossary and so on. Or it may become shorter given tht some of the things may become merged nd shrink the overall size if the book.

There are some things to consider though in my case:

1. I am living in Saudi Arabia, so it is difficult for publishing inside the Kingdom, specially if it is about Sunni-Shia issues (because the governemnet is not in favor of upsetting the situation).

2. Is there a way to "publish" the book on the Internet ? Someone gave me this idea, though I doubt it wil work, for various reasons.

So I would like to know what is the proper technique to follow in this regard. I hope I am not being too greedy in this respect. :confused:

Muezzin
01-02-2006, 01:42 PM
:sl:

Well, this is sort of 'online publishing' - lulu.com

It's a 'vanity publisher' - i.e. print on demand for every order your book gets. Check out the site and see if you like it.

mohakem
01-02-2006, 04:19 PM
As salamu alikum

You may want to check out MPADC.COM (muslims programmers and designers community) Post what you need there, since a few bro's there have published CD's, leaflets and other media.

Wa alikum salam

Re.TiReD
01-05-2006, 03:37 PM
:sl: i would love to help but i cant because i have the same question, i was wondering how to go ahead with the whole publishing thing. u see i have a load of "islamic" poems i would love to see published someday inshaAllah.

oh and s_123_v (have i got that right?) lol sorry to hear about the board game but the islamic foundation are having this sort of story competition. u have to ryt a story for little kids and if u win....they publish it! lol for more info look on the website but maybe u cud give it a go? :) :w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.