/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Revert & Member

muslimahsays_hi
12-31-2005, 01:38 AM
Assalamu Alaikum everyone,
How are ya? Im Cecilia, 20, F, USA (NY). I am an opera singer by profession and a new revert to this beautiful deen. I am trying to learn more and meet other muslims. I reverted in June but have not really practiced much as I am around people who are devout Christians or absolute atheists, to be a muslimah is a bit hard. Insha Allah things will be easier for me. I was getting good at saying all 5 prayers, but now I work ( Im also a nail tech to pay the bills) which gets in the way of my prayers.. bad I know.
For now thats about all I can think of to tell you, if there is anything you would like to ask, say etc lemme know!
Allah hafiz!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
solid_snake
12-31-2005, 01:44 AM
welcome to LI :)

Rabbiyah
12-31-2005, 02:12 AM
Salaams
Insha Allah u will get back to praying again you must things would get easier for you. Insha Allah try to get every other friday off or at least get off for an hour to make it to the masjid to help you embrass more in Islam for like you said is a beautiful religion and it's so much to learn Sister I will make duaa for you love you for the sake of ALLAh

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-31-2005, 03:38 AM
:sl: Sister Cecilia and welcome to our forums :)
Alhamdullilah, there are many other Muslims on this forum who have converted to Islam as well. Inshaa'Allah (God willing) you will find the following link very helpful in learning more about Islam:
http://www.beconvinced.com

If you have any questions or require any clairification on certain issues then by all means please feel free to ask on the forum, and Inshaa'Allah we will provide you with a response.

Perhaps you would like to inspire us with your story of how you came to embrace Islam! If so, you can post in the following thread where many other forum members have posted their stories as well:
Stories of Muslim Reverts - Post Yours here!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
12-31-2005, 03:57 AM
Assalamu Alaikum sis Cecilia!!

How are ya? Im Cecilia, 20, F, USA (NY). I am an opera singer by profession and a new revert to this beautiful deen. I am trying to learn more and meet other muslims. I reverted in June but have not really practiced much as I am around people who are devout Christians or absolute atheists, to be a muslimah is a bit hard. Insha Allah things will be easier for me. I was getting good at saying all 5 prayers, but now I work ( Im also a nail tech to pay the bills) which gets in the way of my prayers.. bad I know.
For now thats about all I can think of to tell you, if there is anything you would like to ask, say etc lemme know!
Allah hafiz!
dont let work get in the way of prayers, rather let prayers get into the way of work...lol that sounded wierd well anywayz my point is prayer is very important and for u to keep it stable is very rewarding indeed subhanallah :)

Mashallah congrats on your conversion and my you continue to be guided and help others in guidance ameen :)

if you have any questions regarding Islam or anything at all, u just ask me or any other awesome members around here :D so dont be shy, we all learn something new everday!!

soooo with that being said...

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME TO THE FORUM UKHTI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope u find this site beneficial inshallah!! and stay away from the crazy ones on this forum, that includes rara(also known as arwa), amani(rara's supposed twin), ozzy, zAk(the one with the fake signs), minaz, muezzin, sapphire, and some inmentionable others :p

hehe j/k j/k

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Umu 'Isa
12-31-2005, 04:24 AM
welcome sister :)

habib
12-31-2005, 05:57 AM
Assalamualaikum

Welcome to LI!

sapphire
12-31-2005, 11:49 AM
Haha im out to get u *charisma*!!!!!!!!!

anyhow Congrtulations sis on reverting!!!!Mashallah!!!!Welcome to the forum!!!!inshallah you will have an enjoyable and benefitial stay!!!!May Allah show you the beauty of this deen and keep you on the straight path Inshallah!!!!Islam is a complete way of life and very easy to follow.....May Allah give u the tawfeeq and us all to recite our 5 daily prayers and be strong in imaan and grant us all jannatul firdos inshallah!!!Ameen!!!!!

afriend
12-31-2005, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimahsays_hi
Allah hafiz!
Salam sister Alah has blessed you with this deen...This is one step in the right direction. All the members here are very welcoming and are eager to answer any questions that you have.

Enjoy.

:w: :peace:

ummAbdillah
12-31-2005, 12:11 PM
manshallah :welcome: sister

Rabi'ya
12-31-2005, 05:31 PM
:sl: sister

Welcome to LI. Welcome to Islam :)

InshAllah u will begin your 5 prayers again. Sister, I know its hard being a revert, especially when ur around non-Muslims all the time. But try to stayu strong inshAllah, Allah will reward u. If you need any supoprt feel free to email me or PM me

Your sister in Islam

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

- Qatada -
12-31-2005, 06:52 PM
:wasalamex

welcome to the forum sister. insha Allaah you'll have a beneficial stay here. if you got any questionz to ask about islam or even the forum - then plz do ask insha Allaah.

we look forward to your posts.

:salamext:

ummhabibah
12-31-2005, 10:21 PM
:sl: :sister:

masrhallah welcome sis to the forum
:welcome:

Rabbiyah
01-01-2006, 06:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum sis Cecilia!!

dont let work get in the way of prayers, rather let prayers get into the way of work...lol that sounded wierd well anywayz my point is prayer is very important and for u to keep it stable is very rewarding indeed subhanallah :)

Mashallah congrats on your conversion and my you continue to be guided and help others in guidance ameen :)

if you have any questions regarding Islam or anything at all, u just ask me or any other awesome members around here :D so dont be shy, we all learn something new everday!!

soooo with that being said...

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME TO THE FORUM UKHTI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope u find this site beneficial inshallah!! and stay away from the crazy ones on this forum, that includes rara(also known as arwa), amani(rara's supposed twin), ozzy, zAk(the one with the fake signs), minaz, muezzin, sapphire, and some inmentionable others :p

hehe j/k j/k

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
:sl: :sister:
had to give you props on that response i need to keep that in mind with where i work :sl: :sl: :sl: :)

Khaldun
01-01-2006, 07:40 AM
:sl:

wow mashAllah Im happy that you choose Islam, and I hope Allah keeps you steadfast upon this religion and makes you die as a muslim aswell, stay an active member and you will learn alot inshAllah :brother:

muslimahsays_hi
01-01-2006, 07:50 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,
wow its so cool to be on this forum with ya'll! so far everyone is really nice! Allahu Akbar I am so grateful to finally come to Islam, its been hard looking at all those other religions, and then being an atheist..Ill never go back to that path! Thanks for the offer of helping me learn Islam.. if anything comes to mind it will be posted.
peace

Umm Yoosuf
01-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum sister

Welcome to th forum. Welcome to Islam. We are always happy to see a new Muslimah :)

The company you in is very important, insha Allah try and go to study circles in the mosques...and also read and read and read...fed yourself with knowledge...Insha Allah things will be easy for you. Like everyone else has said any questions you have do ask.

Insha Allah try and become a full member by reaching the 50 posts. Sign in fo the sisters section were we can talk about women related issues eg the hijab etc insha Allah :)

muslimahsays_hi
01-01-2006, 08:46 PM
assalamu alaikum,
how do i get to the sisters section?

*charisma*
01-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

After achieving ur 50 posts, click here and apply inshallah :)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

muslimahsays_hi
01-01-2006, 11:08 PM
oh okay, thanks! once I reach 50 posts, see ya there! insha Allah! Cecilia

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.