/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ouija boards

nafy
12-31-2005, 08:15 PM
salaamz, :)
i jus wanted 2 know if ouija boards are actually things that work??
is it a way of communicating with the jinns?? :-\
and is it true that u can get possessed if u play around with them??
any islamic veiw/evidence will be apreciated :coolious:
jazakallah :loving:
take care
w/salaamz :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
12-31-2005, 08:21 PM
:sl:
My IT teacher whos a muslim once said to me he had once done oiuja board. He before when he was a kid like 15/16 yrs old he used to do bad stuff but not anymore:brother: So he told me once him and his mates done it really late at night and that night he cudnt get sleep and at arounds 3am or so he saw 2 white figures walking up and down his bedroom. He told me all this in after school IT club 3 months ago, i was like :phew

p.s. mashallah my 100th post, mashallah i really love this forum:brother:

nafy
12-31-2005, 08:24 PM
salaamz :)
oh man dat sounds so scary bro!! :O
yeh i have heard similar stories....but i was just wondering...is it anywhere lyk in da Quran or did da prophet(saw) mention about this method of...ermm...communicating with the jinn??
take care

Muezzin
12-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Ouija boards are supposed to be used to communicate with 'the dead' not the Jinn.

Personally, I think they're a load of bull, based more on the users' psychology than the presence of some metaphysical entity. They were originally marketed as kids toys.

Don't use them though, they have a tendency to scare people out of their wits in a very bad way.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummbilal
12-31-2005, 09:03 PM
there are no such thing as ghosts there is the jinn though, and Allahualam

nafy
12-31-2005, 09:04 PM
salaamz
oh ryt jazakallah 4 dat bro....
yeh das true....but....u neva know lol ;)
and nah doe worry.....i have no intention of using 1 :)
take care

ummbilal
12-31-2005, 09:08 PM
an ouiji board is used by "mediums" who believe they r communicating with the dead, but as the dead are in their graves, surely they must be talking with the jinn??

nafy
12-31-2005, 09:50 PM
yeh sis dats wat i heard....it is really the jinn hu communicate with the person......but sumtyms fooling dem in2 thinking it is sum1 frm da dead?
take care

Snowflake
12-31-2005, 10:26 PM
Yes oujia boards work with terrifying consequences. Best to keep away from them!

muslimahsays_hi
01-01-2006, 05:46 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,
I used to be Wiccan and used the ouija board quite often, infact, I used to collect them! Never have I been possessed, but did have my coffee pot turned off and the brand new coffee I just made turn absolutely cold (when it was hot before, mom got herself a cup of coffee, when I went to get mine few min later..ewww cold coffee!) So for those that say its a psyche matter.. Id love to know how I turned my coffee cold being in another room! Honestly, I didnt have any problems with it not like the movies say will happen..anyway, thats my experience.

Takumi
01-01-2006, 06:01 AM

I have personal experience with ouja board and demonic possession of jinns since I was a teenager until now.

Please refrain from giving any information that you don't know first hand.

(1) Demonic possession exists (jinn taking over someone's body). The last time I dealt with it was back in 2001. Previously in 1997 and when I was 16 in a boarding school. In all cases I witnessed the events and I took part in the clearing out the demon from the possessed. Only by the Mercy of Allah that we were able to do it. Imagine being 16 and you had to help your teacher take out the demon out from your dorm mate. I thought those things only happened on TV. Pray that you never witness such thing or be possessed. For the event of 2001, I was helped by my friends, but one of them got scared and nearly blacked out. The demon called me by my name, while I continued doing what my shaykh asked me to do.

(2) We had a simple ouija board back when I was young. Yes, the coin did move by itself. That was the first and the last time I did it. Maybe it was my friends action, I don't know. But I felt an uncanny presence that only a pure, uncontaminated child's soul can feel. Practicing it is definitely shirk.

Please read the tafseer of soorah jinn for your info on how these creatures of Allah behave.

May Allah keep us in His path. Ameen.

nafy
01-01-2006, 12:53 PM
salaamz
jazakallah 4 ur replys :)
man it sounds soooooo scary!! dont worry i was jus askin
in general....not gonna try it or n e fin.....asthagfirullah!!
Ameen 2 ur dua bro
take care
w/salaamz

afriend2
01-01-2006, 03:43 PM
just reading all this freaks me out! ya Allah!

i wonder how and why the ouija board was created though.

Takumi
01-01-2006, 04:48 PM
the same reason why people use arrows to determine their future. Ignorance and deceived by Iblees.

afriend
01-01-2006, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi
the same reason why people use arrows to determine their future. Ignorance and deceived by Iblees.
Mashallah...looks like you had quite a bit of experience on Jinns and stuff!

1m@@n
01-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Asalamoalaikum wr wb

its alll a loaddaaa flobba gobz.......its considered a typa magic ryt, hence must be ghunaaa....

i know sum pple who have tried it in the past inc my cousin and my sis...and theyve told me sum scary stories....u gotta laugh...

and i rememba once when i was on a trip...sum of the girls made a ouiji board at like 3am and were like come on lets all do it....i went to sleep and left em 2 it.....lolz...calling uopon the spirits....what nonscence...

dun let these kindda things occupy ur minds...yeh i wonder where it originated from too??? who did invent it???? if ne1 know...id like to know..hehe

ws wr wb

muslimahsays_hi
01-03-2006, 04:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister 1maan uk
Asalamoalaikum wr wb

its alll a loaddaaa flobba gobz.......its considered a typa magic ryt, hence must be ghunaaa....

i know sum pple who have tried it in the past inc my cousin and my sis...and theyve told me sum scary stories....u gotta laugh...

and i rememba once when i was on a trip...sum of the girls made a ouiji board at like 3am and were like come on lets all do it....i went to sleep and left em 2 it.....lolz...calling uopon the spirits....what nonscence...

dun let these kindda things occupy ur minds...yeh i wonder where it originated from too??? who did invent it???? if ne1 know...id like to know..hehe

ws wr wb
Assalamu Alaikum, Im not sure Im allowed to post this, but since you had a question on its history, Ill give ya a bit, I used to collect them. So here we go:

Ouija -like items have been used for centuries, however the Greeks tweeked it a bit by using a instrument that swings (pendulum) over the letters and it would swing to the right if the letter is yes (if youre right handed) and left if the answer is no, sometimes the pendulum had to have something like an acorn of sorts on a string, not too long not too short for the human pulse would provide the answers.. some pulses are stronger then others. In the 1853 Mr. Planchette put it to a board format and used a sliding device. However, the modern board with the letters drawn across the board comes from William Fuld in 1892.

Just thought Id mention, these types of devices are nothing new or of "modern" invention, we just found ways to make things better.

I hope I didnt offend anyone by posting this, before I reverted to Islam I was into a few things LOL! I think Allah swt forgives me for my mistakes, Insha Allah.

1m@@n
01-03-2006, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimahsays_hi
Assalamu Alaikum, Im not sure Im allowed to post this, but since you had a question on its history, Ill give ya a bit, I used to collect them. So here we go:

Ouija -like items have been used for centuries, however the Greeks tweeked it a bit by using a instrument that swings (pendulum) over the letters and it would swing to the right if the letter is yes (if youre right handed) and left if the answer is no, sometimes the pendulum had to have something like an acorn of sorts on a string, not too long not too short for the human pulse would provide the answers.. some pulses are stronger then others. In the 1853 Mr. Planchette put it to a board format and used a sliding device. However, the modern board with the letters drawn across the board comes from William Fuld in 1892.

Just thought Id mention, these types of devices are nothing new or of "modern" invention, we just found ways to make things better.

I hope I didnt offend anyone by posting this, before I reverted to Islam I was into a few things LOL! I think Allah swt forgives me for my mistakes, Insha Allah.

Jzk Sis....

woah all sounds a lil crazy to me...what an invention!

sis did u only collect them?? did u actually try the board out??? callin upon the so called spirits and all that???? just a lil curious bout ur experience??? **grins**

walaikum Asalaam wr wb

muslimahsays_hi
01-03-2006, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister 1maan uk
Jzk Sis....

woah all sounds a lil crazy to me...what an invention!

sis did u only collect them?? did u actually try the board out??? callin upon the so called spirits and all that???? just a lil curious bout ur experience??? **grins**

walaikum Asalaam wr wb
Assalamu Alaikum,
I used my boards, never had any problems..used them for 4 years. Apparently it depends on your frame of mind, if you are into the dark stuff then those are the "people" you attract, if you are generally positive, God loving person, then you are okay. Another theory: its your sub conscious trying to talk to you, science has not figred out yet just how powerful our sub conscious is..so its an option.
Like I said, Ive had no problems, I still have all my boards..so to those that think boards are containing the evil spirits..nope sorry not true.

Bittersteel
01-03-2006, 04:58 PM
these things are haram.

Fin.

nafy
01-03-2006, 05:01 PM
salaamz

yep jazakallah bro...i was jus askin bout em.....aint gonna try it or nufin... :)

take care

muslimahsays_hi
01-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Id also like to say Im not promoting using the board, I am a muslimah and love Allah swt, no one knows what causes the board to "work" so I cannot say its halal or haram just as any other board "game". So far the things that are called haram are not speaking exactly of this however it does border line touch it. If it is only communicating with the sub conscious, then its a part of you.. Allah swt knows best.

Muezzin
01-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Why don't you play Monopoly instead? :brother:

nafy
01-03-2006, 08:34 PM
salaamz
lol yep das a gud idea lolz ;) :)
take care

muslimahsays_hi
01-03-2006, 08:39 PM
LOL I never got good at monopoly!

Snowflake
01-10-2006, 12:28 AM

I read this true story a few days ago and it really freaked me out... Read on

Board to Bits

Dabbling with the 'other side' had always been a bit of fun for me and my mates. We'd often get out the Ouija board and have a laugh at the messages that came through.

I'd made it myself by putting a few peices of paper in a circle around a wine glass. I'd never really taken the messages that came through seriously. In my heart, I didn't believe in all that mystic stuff.

One night, a few of us got together for another session. Suddenly the glass moved round the board, spelling out that my mum - who died when I was 12 -had a message for me.

"Tell me the message," I ordered.
The glass started to move over the letters, spelling out the message from the other side. Get out now, join me, it said.

Oh, my.... I was horrified, I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end.
"That's it, I'm never tampering with the spirits again," I told my friends. I picked up the glass and threw it in the bin. Then I tore up the paper and buried the bits in the garden - just to be on the safe side.

No sooner had I got back in the house, the phone started ringing. (This bit really freaks me out, lol) "Hello," I wispered. There was a huge roar, like an angry beast. I slammed down the phone, terrified. From that day on, I vowed to keep a healthy distance between me and the other side.

Barbara Wood, 73, Barnsley.

Great, now I'm feeling scared lol!!! :rollseyes

nafy
01-10-2006, 03:45 PM
lol hahaha dat story made me laff sis ;D ;)
i dont fink its true..... :)
take care

strider
01-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Why is it haram to use a ouija board?

Ma'assalama

ummbilal
01-10-2006, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Why don't you play Monopoly instead? :brother:

Monopoly takes hours..and some keen player always has like 50 hotels on mayfair and you land there and pay them all ya cash, and this money hungry person is your relative too, monopoly is just too scary, far too much of a risk...

i'd say go with chess!!

lol!

Samee
01-10-2006, 08:46 PM

I'm sure people have stated this, but oujia boards are NOT fortunetellers or anything of the sort. It is kufr to believe in something like that.

While you move it, your subconcious takes over your hand movements, and you're not thinking proerly, so you move to where you WANT it to move.

Muezzin
01-10-2006, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ummbilal
Monopoly takes hours..and some keen player always has like 50 hotels on mayfair and you land there and pay them all ya cash, and this money hungry person is your relative too, monopoly is just too scary, far too much of a risk...

i'd say go with chess!!

lol!
Chess can take even longer! :p :D

But anyway, there's plenty of better stuff you can do with scraps of paper and an empty glass. Think out of the box.

And into a public place. :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.