/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Makhraj of letter Dhad

Umm_Maysa
01-01-2006, 09:28 AM
:sl:
I always have trouble with harf Dhad. The letter after Sin, Shin, Sad and Dhad.
I know it has Al IstiTaalah but I can't move forward my tongue...Maybe it is not enough long.:okay: My face going to explode like this one..:grumbling .

Hope anyone can explain.Jazakallahukhairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Peace&Justice
01-01-2006, 11:29 AM
The letter

, has running of sound (

), but imprisonment of the running of breath (

), making it similar to the

in these two aspects, except there is a small amount of air that is released with the letter

, even though they both have

The other characteristic that is important and solely present in the letter

is

, which linguistically means lengthening. In applied tajweed, this characteristic is: a pushing of the tongue from the back of the mouth to the front, until the tip of the tongue lightly touches the gum line of the two top front incisors, and this is under the influence of pressure of air behind the tongue. This lengthening is a mechanical pushing forward and the sound should not travel forward with the mechanical push, even though the sound of the

is influenced by the complete mechanism of

, the articulation point itself should not change. It is a common mistake among readers of all backgrounds to let the sound move forward with the mechanical move forward, in effect, changing the articulation point, and the sound of the letter

as a result of this error sounds more like a

and in some cases, if the tip of the tongue touches the edges of the front top incisors, it sounds like the letter

In Arabic language studies, the scholars mention many more characteristics of letters than are used in the study of tajweed. The reason is that most are not applicable to pronunciation, but more descriptive of the letter.

Takumi
01-01-2006, 07:35 PM
You need a teacher to tell you how it's done. If you can't find any, the side of your tongue (left or right) must be placed under your side molars.

don' t forget to make your mouth round to give it's tafkheem quality.

Umm_Maysa
01-01-2006, 09:13 PM
:sl:
Jazakallahu Khairan for help.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.