/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I know I shouldnt have said "HI"........

shudnt_have
01-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Asalaamu alikum everyone,
I am a by far a decent Muslim.:coolsis: I am trying to improve myself in every way. Alhamdulilah. I was directed to this forum by a brother who regularly post in the other forum where I followed his signature link to here.:coolious:Here I am in this forum, I would like to know more about Islamik members, and secondly do you guys have a special 'yahoo group'?
What school of thoughts, do you guys follow here?
Id love to get an answers for my questions! Lastly,
May Allah subhawahtallah bless you all in these blessed days of hijrah.
Wasalam:sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
01-01-2006, 04:35 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the fourm. InshAllah your stay will be benficial and you will improve yourself.

Members on this forum follow various schools of thought however, we try to encourage unity as much as possible. We are afterall - One Ummah!!

InshAllah you will get to know many people as you post more often.

btw, r u male/female?

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

ummAbdillah
01-01-2006, 04:37 PM
:welcome:
enjoy ur stay
:salaam:

nafy
01-01-2006, 04:39 PM
salaamz
welcome 2 da forumz :)
hope u have an enjoyable and beneficial stay
take care
w/aslaamz :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shudnt_have
01-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Jazakullah kuhum khairan,
So are you free to post specific reference to a particular madhab?? I know the other forum I visit, anything related to Sufism is gets deleted.:skeleton: It sucks!!! Yes, Alhamdulilahi I am a Muslimah.
Btw, I cant check my personal messages, where do I see them? I just got one...

Rabi'ya
01-01-2006, 04:43 PM
goto the home page www.islamicboard.com and there is alinnk there inshallah togo to ur pm's

as far as i know sufiism is not a madhab and is a sect - u might wanna check the FAQ's

Rule 13. No sectarian issues allowed. We are promoting the unity of Islam. Allah (Exalted is He) said in Surah Al-An'âm, verse 159:

Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects), you (O Muhammad -- Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allâh, Who then will tell them what they used to do.

shudnt_have
01-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Walikum asalaam Sr. Rabiya,
Jazaks I checked my message!:coolious: (Btw, I like these similes) Yes you are right Sufism being a sect, however most if not all, Hanafis' madhab follow this sect, thats why I was wondering if we are allowed to post Rumi's poetry etc. Of course, I prefer unity of the Ummah over the uniformity of the Ummah over anything else.
May Allah subha nawa tallah unite our Ummah inshallah wah tallah.
Asalamo alikum

Rabi'ya
01-01-2006, 04:52 PM
I dont think you should be saying that all hanafis do this or that because you do not know ALLa hanafis and you could very well end up offending someone.

The poem and post would depend on the content. As I sed check the FAQ's and if it doesnt go against any of them then inshallah it will be ok.

As I sed we are tryingto promote unity, not division among Muslims :)

afriend
01-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Firstly [BANANA]:sl: [/BANANA]

Welcome 2 the forum....Inshallah you will enjoy it.

well we don't have a yahoo group as far as I kno...But you will always get an answer if you post a new thread!

Salam...
Sarsarin Aathiyah/Fozley.

shudnt_have
01-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Asalaamu alikum,
As I said, in my previous post "however most if not all, Hanafis' madhab follow this sect, thats why I was wondering if we are allowed to post Rumi's poetry etc."

I could like to say, I am here to gain more knowledge, not to cause more fitnah or controversies between people in anyway. We as an Ummah have to agree to disagree on some stuff, but I do agree that we need to still maintain the islamic brotherhood and sisterhood in my hearts and conduct..so therefore we dont need a UNIFORM ummah,[we all dont need to agree upon everything except Quran and Sunnah] rather a united ummah. inshallah. :peace:

============
its funny, I am part of this izlamik yahoo group, I thought there is a correlation between the 'yahoo group' and 'this forum'..Allahu Alim.
wasalam

sapphire
01-02-2006, 03:20 PM
ahhh scare away newbies......wonder why i never introduced my self!!!!!!

anyways welcome to the forum!!!hope you have an enjoyable and benefitial stay!!!!

shudnt_have
01-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Asalamu alikum everyone,
I know my name is SO weird, trust me I am the prime examplar of a Muslimah or to what extend a Muslimah can get weird as me lol..:coolsis:

No, sis I thought, the newbabie [me] must have scared the oldies lol..:giggling:
ps. Jazakullahu khairan for kind words
wasalaam

shudnt_have
01-03-2006, 06:44 AM

I have 53+ posts Alhamdulilahh:sister: Yay

TabTabiun
01-03-2006, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shudnt_have
Jazakullah kuhum khairan,
So are you free to post specific reference to a particular madhab?? I know the other forum I visit, anything related to Sufism is gets deleted.:skeleton: It sucks!!! Yes, Alhamdulilahi I am a Muslimah.
Btw, I cant check my personal messages, where do I see them? I just got one...
ARE YOU SUFI?:grumbling . Because We Are Not Sufi Inshallah....:hmm:

Tasneem
01-03-2006, 10:40 PM
[MOUSE]Welcome to the forum[/MOUSE]

Im Hanafi inshallah
I follow what the messnger of Allah(S.a.w.S)
Nothing more nothing less inshallah

SaLaMz

TabTabiun
01-04-2006, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun

Im Hanafi inshallah

SaLaMz
As-Salaam Walikum Same HERE WE FOLLOW OUR FATHER Ibrahim (A.S.) He was upright in faith Mashallah He WAS A MONOTHIEST. Cursed INDEED BE THE LIARS AND THE DISBELIEVERS. MaY ALLAH (SWT) Bestow on us his MERCY. Ameen.
***MaSalaama***

shudnt_have
01-04-2006, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TabTabiun
ARE YOU SUFI?:grumbling . Because We Are Not Sufi Inshallah....:hmm:
No, but I admire Sufi Peotry. I follow Ahl Asunnah wal-Jama'ah alhamdulilah hir rahmanir Rahim:sister: Currently, I am restricting myself to follow any Madhab, consequently, I have found my views are satisfied with Hanafi and Salafis....but I dont think I will be following any school of thoughts, any time soon......:)

shudnt_have
01-04-2006, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun

Im Hanafi inshallah

SaLaMz
Jazakullahu Khairan Brother, I am learning More about all school of thoughts, If you know of any links to Hanafi Madhab, I would appreciate your help.

TabTabiun
01-05-2006, 04:01 PM
No, but I admire Sufi Peotry. I follow Ahl Asunnah wal-Jama'ah alhamdulilah hir rahmanir Rahim:sister: Currently, I am restricting myself to follow any Madhab, consequently, I have found my views are satisfied with Hanafi and Salafis....but I dont think I will be following any school of thoughts, any time soon......:)

How can you admire something that you are AGAINST And if you do not FOLLOW Any school of thought.....how are you Muslim? :? You have to follow A School of thought UNLESS You make up your own DEEN- And then that is NOT FROM Allah (SWT). Because Prophet Muhammad (SAAW) Was the seal of the Prophets.
***MaSalaama*** :thankyou:

Rabi'ya
01-05-2006, 04:34 PM
How can you admire something that you are AGAINST And if you do not FOLLOW Any school of thought.....how are you Muslim? :? You have to follow A School of thought UNLESS You make up your own DEEN- And then that is NOT FROM Allah (SWT). Because Prophet Muhammad (SAAW) Was the seal of the Prophets.

I would just like to say that it is not required to follow a madhab in order to be Muslim. To be Muslim we need to follow Qurran and Sunnah. The imams have provided us with more detail to make it easier to follow inshallah. I do not consider myself to follow any madhab either however, I do tend to follow more hanafi rulings than any other madhabs as my husband is hanafi. If however, I agreed with a different madhab for a particular situation, that does not stop me being Muslim, as long as I do not go against quraan and sunnah, inshAllah.

I do not agree with ur statement :)

TabTabiun
01-05-2006, 05:35 PM
As-Salaam Walikum- How can you NOT Be Hanafi But FOLLOW Quran and Sunnah. Inshallah I am going to RELATE To You A Statement of the Prophet (SAAW) The Prophet (SAAW) Said,'' This religion would be made up in to 72 or 73 all belonging in the hell fire except for one the companions replied oh which one is that O Messenger of Allah He Replied That which me and my companions are upon.
***MaSalaama***

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-05-2006, 05:36 PM

Just a reminder Inshallah:
13. No sectarian issues allowed. We are promoting the unity of Islam. Allah (Exalted is He) said in Surah Al-An'âm, verse 159:

Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects), you (O Muhammad -- Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allâh, Who then will tell them what they used to do.

ps- Welcome.

Tasneem
01-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Jazakullahu Khairan Brother, I am learning More about all school of thoughts, If you know of any links to Hanafi Madhab, I would appreciate your help.

im a sister inshallah

Links:
troid.org
jannah.org
jannah.com

Inshallah i'll find more

SaLaMz:sister:

Tasneem
01-05-2006, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

I would just like to say that it is not required to follow a madhab in order to be Muslim. To be Muslim we need to follow Qurran and Sunnah. The imams have provided us with more detail to make it easier to follow inshallah. I do not consider myself to follow any madhab either however, I do tend to follow more hanafi rulings than any other madhabs as my husband is hanafi. If however, I agreed with a different madhab for a particular situation, that does not stop me being Muslim, as long as I do not go against quraan and sunnah, inshAllah.

I do not agree with ur statement :)

Ummm...im kind of confused with you're statement:?
If you follow the sunnah and qur'an then you have to follow a mabhab
Which should be hanafi inshallah.
The prophet Muhammed (s.a.w.s)said,their will be 72 or 73 sects after i die
ALL but one will enter the fire.He said,''it is the one which my companions and i are upon today.They were upon the salaf.Therefore we have no choice but to follow the path if we plan on going to Jennah inshallah.

SaLaMz:sister:

Rabi'ya
01-05-2006, 06:32 PM
I am Muslim alhamdulillah - nothing more nothing less. I will look to the teachings of the imams as and when necessary. Hanafi rulings are what I usually look towards as my husband will provide me with these ruling. We should be more concerned with being Muslim than saying "Im Hanafi" or "Im Hanbali" or whatever!

Allahu alim

Tasneem
01-05-2006, 06:34 PM
The prophet Muhammed saws was a hanafi

SaLaMz

shudnt_have
01-06-2006, 12:20 AM
:sl: TabTabiun
I am not against Sufi poetry, I admire it because it is beautiful and make sense to me, any form of "art" dedicated to Allah subhallah wah tallah alone alone is beautiful and and worth our time and attention..it can be said, it is form of ibadat.Again, I am not a scholar, I am just presenting my own personal views. :) I will quote a sufi peom for you, "
Hardship may dishearten at first,
but every hardship passes away,
All despair is followed by hope;
all darkness is followed by sunshine.
Rumi, Mathnawi, 3:2924-25
ps. we should get rid of our fears and follow what is right for sake of Allah subhallah wah tallah, if a brother's islamic rap can be praised, i think Rumi's peoms are worth reading too.:sister:

samina1
01-06-2006, 12:51 AM
mashallah, welcame sis n ur name it really doesnt matter if its weird or not.... but thanx for join us....
ones again welcm..
ma salam...

shudnt_have
01-06-2006, 12:54 AM
As-Salaam Walikum- How can you NOT Be Hanafi But FOLLOW Quran and Sunnah. Inshallah I am going to RELATE To You A Statement of the Prophet (SAAW) The Prophet (SAAW) Said,'' This religion would be made up in to 72 or 73 all belonging in the hell fire except for one the companions replied oh which one is that O Messenger of Allah He Replied That which me and my companions are upon.
***MaSalaama***
:sl: Tab Tabiun- I think you are refering to the Hadith from Bukhuri and Sahih Muslim[/B].d that our ummah will be separated into 73 sects,except one group will be a true follower, as scholar interpret is as
This following expert is taken from "A Brief introducion of the 'Aqeedah of Ahl Assunnah wal- Jama'ah" by Abd-Allah al-Athari

"..a definiation of this blessed group which adhere s to this true Islam that was brought by Messenger of Allah swt and the generations of the Sahaabah and the Taabi'een and those followed them in truth-may Allah make us among them. This group is the saved group, the victoirous group, which is described as Ahl as sunnah wahl-Jammaa'ah, Ahl- Al Hadeeth, Ahl al Athar wal Ittibaa'. They are the ones who follow the same path as the Prophet (saw) and his Companions did. "

Again, as Sister Rabiya mentioned, Muslims are not obliged to Follow a particular madhab/or school of thought, in any way.

These Imams were sent to different parts of the world to guide our Ummah to straight path and make things easier for us. The missions of these Imams were to spread word of Islam, As muslims we must show our utmost respect for each and every one of them, and it would be silly to dispute over their differnce of opinons. Infact,they do agree with each other for far on 95% of the matter.

Infact, one of these Imams was the teacher of the other..so as muslims we must unite and not cause divisiions among us..

Jihad_spun: Jazaki ullahu Khairan Sister, just Id like to add, Our beloved Prophet (saw) didnt follow Hanafi madhab, because all of these Imams follow Prophet Mohammad Sallahu walle wasalaam. Our Nabi saw only followed the Quran which were filled with commands of Allah swt.

Åhmed : Jazakullahu Khairan for the welcome.
:sister:
May Allah subhallah wah tallah forgive me if I have said something wrong or if I have offended anyone. Ameen

Sis_ReNa
01-06-2006, 12:54 AM
salam walakum Welcome [PIE]nice to meet you [/PIE]

Rabi'ya
01-06-2006, 11:40 AM
:sl: Tab Tabiun- I think you are refering to the Hadith from Bukhuri and Sahih Muslim[/B].d that our ummah will be separated into 73 sects,except one group will be a true follower, as scholar interpret is as
This following expert is taken from "A Brief introducion of the 'Aqeedah of Ahl Assunnah wal- Jama'ah" by Abd-Allah al-Athari

"..a definiation of this blessed group which adhere s to this true Islam that was brought by Messenger of Allah swt and the generations of the Sahaabah and the Taabi'een and those followed them in truth-may Allah make us among them. This group is the saved group, the victoirous group, which is described as Ahl as sunnah wahl-Jammaa'ah, Ahl- Al Hadeeth, Ahl al Athar wal Ittibaa'. They are the ones who follow the same path as the Prophet (saw) and his Companions did. "

Again, as Sister Rabiya mentioned, Muslims are not obliged to Follow a particular madhab/or school of thought, in any way.

These Imams were sent to different parts of the world to guide our Ummah to straight path and make things easier for us. The missions of these Imams were to spread word of Islam, As muslims we must show our utmost respect for each and every one of them, and it would be silly to dispute over their differnce of opinons. Infact,they do agree with each other for far on 95% of the matter.

Infact, one of these Imams was the teacher of the other..so as muslims we must unite and not cause divisiions among us..

Jihad_spun: Jazaki ullahu Khairan Sister, just Id like to add, Our beloved Prophet (saw) didnt follow Hanafi madhab, because all of these Imams follow Prophet Mohammad Sallahu walle wasalaam. Our Nabi saw only followed the Quran which were filled with commands of Allah swt.

May Allah subhallah wah tallah forgive me if I have said something wrong or if I have offended anyone. Ameen
:sl: sister

JazakAllah khair for your long reply.

I was like :? at first thinking ahow am i gonna explain it, but you did it all perfectly

:w::thankyou:

sapphire
01-06-2006, 01:56 PM
how can Nabi (s) be hanfi if all sects came AFTER him???and im sure you dont haveeeeeee to follow a sect...as long as we follow the ahla sunnah wal jamaah.......

أحمد
01-06-2006, 02:29 PM
:D Welcome to LI Islamic Forum . . . Have Halal Fun @ http://www.islamicboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25 :D And learn at the same time Insha-Allah . . . :p CLICK WELCOME TO LISTEN TO YOUR WELCOME NASHEED . . . ;)

shudnt_have
01-08-2006, 06:29 AM
Jazakullahu khairan brother Ahmed.:)

TabTabiun
01-17-2006, 12:05 AM

As-Salaam Walikum- Yes Mashallah this is the Hadith I am reffering to.
~~~As-Salaam Walikum~~~:thankyou: .:happy:

TabTabiun
01-17-2006, 12:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphire
how can Nabi (s) be hanfi if all sects came AFTER him???and im sure you dont haveeeeeee to follow a sect...as long as we follow the ahla sunnah wal jamaah.......
As-Salaam Walikum- WELL If you follow the Ahlul- Sunnah Wal Jamaah then that is The Sunnah and that's...... Sunni/Hanafi.....:happy: .:) .
May Allah (SWT) Guide us all.Ameen.
~~~As-Salaam Walikum~~~:thankyou: .

Mawaddah
01-17-2006, 12:32 AM
^ Sis Tabtabiun, I'm afraid you're mixing everyone up, when you keep on saying "hanafi". Peoples, what the sister means is not the Hanafi as in following the Madhab of Abu Haneefah, but what she means is that Our Prophet peace be upon him is "Haneef" Like how Allah described Ibraahim peace be upon him as "haneef" also. Haneef means the worship of Allah as one :) . So Tabtabiun, please do NOT refer to our Prophet peace be upon him as Hanafi, because that is used for the followers of the Hanafi sect, Barakallahu feeki. Instead say that our Prophet was Haneef, worshipping Allah only....:)

TabTabiun
01-17-2006, 12:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AsilahRana
^ Sis Tabtabiun, I'm afraid you're mixing everyone up, when you keep on saying "hanafi". Peoples, what the sister means is not the Hanafi as in following the Madhab of Abu Haneefah, but what she means is that Our Prophet peace be upon him is "Haneef" Like how Allah described Ibraahim peace be upon him as "haneef" also. Haneef means the worship of Allah as one :) . So Tabtabiun, please do NOT refer to our Prophet peace be upon him as Hanafi, because that is used for the followers of the Hanafi sect, Barakallahu feeki. Instead say that our Prophet was Haneef, worshipping Allah only....:)
As-Salaam Walikum- HUH.....:? I DON'T Quite Understand what you MEAN Can You PLEASE Explain this to me???
Baraakalahu Feekum:thankyou: ..:) .
~~~As-Salaam Walikum~~~:happy:

Halima
01-17-2006, 12:42 AM

If you have any questions please ask one of us.

otherwsie take a look at our FAQ page (insha'Allah).

http://www.islamicboard.com/faq/

TabTabiun
01-17-2006, 11:48 PM
As-Salaam Walikum Shurkan Sister Halima and May Allah (SWT) Reward you.Ameen.
~~~As-Salaam Walikum~~~

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.