/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Courses

azim
01-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Salamu alaykum.

Has anyone heard of the Christian alpha courses? They're held at churches over a period of a few weeks and introduce non-christians or weak-faithed christians to the religion.

The chuches have grown quite significantly because of these and the Churches claim they are a big success.

I was thinking, what do you think is the feasibility of doing something similar in the mosques?

I'm sure theres lots of non-muslims out there who would like to know about Islam, maybe not for seeking 'the meaning of life' or anything but just to gain a better understanding of a religion so widely talked about it.

Once a week, for maybe 6-10 weeks, they meet up in the mosques and basics of aqeedah are discussed, they are introduced to the Quran, Sunnah, Salah, etc...

Something like this would be quite easy to organise, the problem being, would anyone actually be interested?

Obviously I should be asking the non-muslims but I'd like to know the brothers/sisters here think about it insha'Allah.

Salaam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
01-01-2006, 06:06 PM
:sl:

I definitely think it would be a good idea inshallah. It would break down those barriers that seem to be in place at the moment between non-muslims and Muslims too :)

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.