/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Don't be sad if ur prayers aren't answered

afriend
01-01-2006, 10:40 PM
We have all made dua fpr something that we want....But sometime it doesn't get answered. But it was for a good reason...Trust Allah and rely on him...he did it because it was probably not good for u and maybe it was going to cause you some harm. Duas is the weapon of the believer.

The Salat achieves acceptance if accompanied with duas. Esp the Tasbih e Zehra is very beneficial.

Presence of heart is essential for a dua ,Recitations of mere words without the longing of the heart is insufficent.We have to be in a state of seeking/begging from the All powerful creator

Duas can be in any language BUT using those words used by his chosen servants have greater effect.

Duas with the references of HIS chosen people & recitation of Salwaat before & After dua have greater effect.

Duas dont reach the level of acceptance due to our sins (refer Dua Kumail words) esp those where we have not given the rights of believers incl Khums, Cutting of relations with relatives.etc

We need to pray to HIM so that HE bestows on us a state where our hopes are ONLY from HIM 100% (Inqitah state, cut off form all other sources) This state is sought by the learned & pious.

We need to ask from/Remeber HIM in every small / insignificant thing too & then HE will answer in our bigger crisis situation as well.

Scientists acknowledge that Duas have a positive impact on the well being of the individual (though Islam is not dependant upon certification of this from scientists)

Duas without action is inappropriate eg praying for rizq but without making any efforts in that direction will not produce results.

Ulema mention that there are 3 situations (Maslehats)

1. HE will give whether we ask for it or not

2. HE will NOT give whether we ask or not

3. HE will give ONLY if we ask

We do not know, which sought after condition/thing falls in which of the above 3 categories & hence we pray for everything .All prayers have rewards in the hereafter.

In the 3rd category too there are those things which HE gives but AFTER a period of time (Eg Musa (as) dua to drown Firawn was answered after 30 years). or HE gives only if the asking is for x no of times eg HE will give if asked for from HIM for say 25 times.

HE gives sometimes very quickly if he does NOT like the method used by seeker

HE delays the giving if HE likes the voice /method of the seeker so that he continues to ask of HIM.

Sura No. 2 Baqarah : Ayat 216 says :

"And it may be that you dislike a thing while it is good for you, and it may be that you love a thing while it is evil for you, and Allah knows, while you do not know."

Eg a child who wants to have a colorful snake in his hand will cry for it , BUT we as elders know the poison that it contains & harm it can bring & hence do not provide the thing to him.

Sometimes Wealth / Children can also deviate us from the straight path eg A Prophet (as)'s companion who was very poor but recited Jamaat salat every day in the first Row & slowly when he became more prosperous, even started to make his salat Qaza.

For every delay / unanswerd dua a believer will be rewarded. On the day of judgement he will recieve his book of deeds which contains many many good deeds which he did not perform & he will mention that this book is not his. BUT HE will inform that those additions are to compensate him for the unanswered duas. The believer will then mention; Alas it would be better for me if NONE of my duas were answered !

A summary of a lecture on the Philosophy of Duas

by: an Alim

As you can see above...we go to Jannah(inshalllah)...All the Duaas that Allah didn't answer they will be like A great reward...then we will Say "I wish all our Duas were never answered...Subhaanallah.

My teacher told me that...May Allah bless him!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
yoshiyahu
01-01-2006, 11:29 PM
There's a country song that expresses a similar sentiment. "Unanswered Prayers" by Garth Brooks.

Just the other night a hometown football game
My wife and I ran into my old high school flame
And as I introduced them the past came back to me
And I couldn’t help but think of the way things used to be.

She was the one that I’d wanted for all times
And each night I’d spend prayin’ that God would make her mine
And if he’d only grant me this wish I wished back then
I’d never ask for anything again.

(chorus)
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you’re talkin’ to the man upstairs
That just because he doesn’t answer doesn’t mean he don’t care
Some of god’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

She wasn’t quite the angel that I remembered in my dreams
And I could tell that time had changed me
Inn her eyes too it seemed
We tried to talk about the old days
There wasn’t much we could recall
I guess the lord knows what he’s doin’ after all.

And as she walked away and I looked at my wife
And then and there I thankedd the good lord
For the gifts in my life.

*chorus*
Some of god’s greatest gifts are all too often unanswered...
Some of god’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.