/* */

PDA

View Full Version : unsure

jeanspiderman
01-02-2006, 01:45 AM
Hello I am new to even really knowing about Islam until I met my freind and I was looking for some one to explain to me first off what's it about Ihave been a christian all my life except latly have strayed away for personal reasons I'm actually looking for guidendence and how to know islam is the correct way.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Shadow
01-02-2006, 03:49 AM
welcome to the site :)

inshAllah(God willing) you will find the true path :)

:welcome:

:peace: :peace:

*charisma*
01-02-2006, 04:12 AM
Greetings

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for opening your heart to find guidance, May Allah guide you upon the righteous path of Islam ameen.

If you would like to learn more about Islam click here.

And if you have any questions relating to anything at all, plz do ask inshallah.

Peace

- Qatada -
01-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Hey.

I think this sites really good too;

www.beconvinced.com

If you got any questions then please do ask. :) we look forward to your posts.

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jeanspiderman
01-03-2006, 02:57 AM
Thank You so far for the encouraging words that have been posted. It's important for me to get back right with God because I know He is real and He is all knowing but it gets confusing sometime with all these different religions going on and everyone says everyone elese is wrong and yes I will agree that some christians have the wrong idea about the the way they live their life and claim they know God but in the mean time they use God as a convienient store only calling on them to fit their needs. Also I can disagree with some of their conversation espesially women me being a woman myself on top of everthing was the way some christian women dress now I myself had to learn towhen I had first got in church but as I continued thru the years in my church people who called themselve holy only got worse all of us so called sisters had no unity only time we spoke was at church and their was always bickering can somebody direct me to the way of serving the real Allah thank you so much for your sincre help on guiding me to this information

shudnt_have
01-03-2006, 06:07 AM
Peace be with you hun,
First of all, I would like to congratulate on your first step that you have made a thoughtful decision. Please bare this advice in your mind, "whenever you follow a religion, you shall always follow the Holy scripture, then the people", in this case,The Quran [last revelation 2 human kind],for it contains the REAL WISDOM, or way of life. Alhamdulilah.

So have fun exploring the truth. May God Almightly make it easy for you.:rose:

Be sure to ask for any kind of help, we will be more than happy to answer your call:sister:
Your Sister.

Rabi'ya
01-03-2006, 02:10 PM
:sl: sis shudnt have

Mashallah, some excellent words of wisdom. All too often people think of a religion based on its followers. Unfortunately, its easy to do this. I definitely would encourage JeanSpiderMan to read the Quraan and some books regarding Islam, rather than judgin the religion on Muslims generally. There are plenty of good Muslims, but there are also plenty of not so good Muslims.

As sis shudnt have sed - Follow the scriptures not the people :)

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

jeanspiderman
01-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Again thankyou for the words of encouragement I went to this site that someone refered me to and some of it was enlightning I know that God is real but it seems that their is always someones ways to follow to get to God with me being a christian for over ten years I have to ask the question why should I believe Muhamad over who they say Jesus was (Please I mean no dis-respect and am not degrading Islam in any way) I really never heard of Islam for some reason I thought that Jehovah witnesses was assoited with Islam so I really don't understand the religion but want to get a better understanding of it. I have so many other questions and again I mean no dis- respect Thank you peace be upon everyone of you

- Qatada -
01-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Hey..

Like i said before - i think its important you read www.beconvinced.com because it shows the differences and also the similarities between islam and christianity.. So you may understand, learn or create yourself a starting/focal point.

Also - like the sisters have said above, its important to understand islam through the qur'an and sunnah, the words of Allaah Almighty and the life of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him.)

You can read the life of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his beloved family) story from this link:
http://www.islamicboard.com/prophet-...mmad-saws.html

Like you've said, you feel confused why Jesus (peace be upon him and his beloved family) shouldn't be followed in islam. You may not know this, but in islam - we believe in Jesus (peace be upon him and his beloved family too.) He is a prophet of a high rank and is respected by the muslims really highly, and if we as muslims were to reject him, then we wouldn't be muslims at all. But we dont go to the extent of saying that he is God's son, because that is blasphemy - Allaah (God) is too high to have any sort of mother, father, partner or son/daughter; in the qur'an Allaah Almighty describes himself:

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

He begets not, nor is He begotten.

And there is none comparable unto Him.

chapter 112 : 1-4

You can even read the islamic perspective on Jesus, and the story Maryam (mary) peace be upon her and her beloved family.

http://www.islamicboard.com/prophets...html#post22288

Please dont be afraid to ask any questions, and dont worry - we wont be offended because we know you have a good intention, and that is to learn about islam.

If you dont understand, please do respond and we will try our best to help you insha Allaah (God willing.)

Peace.

muslimahsays_hi
01-03-2006, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shudnt_have
Please bare this advice in your mind, "whenever you follow a religion, you shall always follow the Holy scripture, then the people", .
Assalamu Alaikum Sis,
very true however I started reaching about Islam ONLY after meeting some nice muslimahs online, the people are the guide to the faith..yes you follow the Scripture, but the support group has to back you up as well, many people cant follow a religion alone or with a corrupt group.

Also, I would like to say congrats on venturing into another religion, that alone is hard. May Allah swt give you strength to find the truth path and to stay strong no matter what you face, ameen.

muslimahsays_hi
01-03-2006, 09:44 PM
err instead of "reaching" I meant reading..sorry for the typo!!

*LJ*
01-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Hi,
Alhamdulillah (praise be to Allah), that you have been guided towards Islam, :) I will make dua (prayer) for you and i'm sure many others will too. I am a revert to Islam and i hope Allah guides you towards the truth and brings you peace.
If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask myself or anyone on the site, i'm still learning myself but i am so grateful that Allah guided me to the straight path :happy:

I wish you all the best.

shudnt_have
01-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Peace be with you sister:rose:
As muslims we beleive in all The Prophets: begining with Prophet Adam to Prophet Mohammad [peace be up on them both],

Yes, as the brother above mentioned, it also includes Prophet Jesus [May God Almightly be pleased with him].

Why beleive in Prophet Mohammed that he was the last messenger of God Almightly and brought down Allah (swt) revealation to WHOLE HUMAN KIND?

Islam is UNIVERSAL, for all human kind, regardless of one's ethinicity, tribe, skin colour, tongue..etc...and

Last revelation was sent down to PROTECT THE FOLLOWING generations from the wraths of God Almightly and fires of Hell after the Day of Judgement.

what are the major difference btwn Christianity and Islam is

Again Islam is Universal, for all human race, God almighty send His revealtion when most of the Pagan Arab etc rejected or violated the Laws He sent down with Prophet Jesus[pbuh]

So, Islam is the last revealtion to human kind persay...Until Day of Judgement where all the beleivers and disbeleivers will gather and the TRUTH WILL BE REANNOUNCED...

.....you will find more differences in the provided links inshallah.

I would rather see if you read those links, than we shall try to clarify any misunderstanding you for. inshallah/If God willing!
May Allah swt forgive me if I had made any mistakes while explaning my own thoughts to you. What I have posted here, is nothing compare to wealth of knowledge and truth out there..this is to get you started on your research
Take care, and May God Almightly open your heart to guidance inshallah i will pray for you.
As the Quran says, " the Biggest blessing of this world is GUIDANCE FROM GOD ALMIGHTLY". Indeed nothing can be as beautiful and comforting than knowing the truth. anyways. sorry for my long post..:sister:
Peace out.

shudnt_have
01-03-2006, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimahsays_hi
Assalamu Alaikum Sis,
but the support group has to back you up as well, many people cant follow a religion alone or with a corrupt group.
Asalamau alikum wah rahmatullahi Barakatuhu,
Dearest sister,
I concur on what you said too, however, on a wider scale, you might come across that are not so good muslims as the Quran tells them to be..so I was just warning our sister against that. I think faith has many components to it..being a great role model is one of them. :rose: May Allah swt bless you and the sisters you helped you on your way to Truth/Al-Islam.

Wasalaamu alikum :sister:

*LJ*
01-03-2006, 10:29 PM
I almost forgot, i know a site which might be helpful,http://www.fisabilillah.org
I don't know if it will be of much help but they hav some good little books on there, some u can read online or you can send away for them although i'm not sure where they deliver to.
Salam

jeanspiderman
01-04-2006, 03:01 AM
Can anyone direct me to a site of how musilima's are suppose to act dress ,pray even to the point of how thier suppose to keep their bodies clean

Noor
01-04-2006, 03:10 AM
Peace

This site is very beneficial and interesting. As a sister, it's helped me understand what a true muslimah is.

http://sisters.islamway.com/

There are other really good sites but this one came to mind first. :)

Enjoy. oh and Welcome!!!

I just found other one.....really good read. http://path-to-peace.com/womens.html

- Qatada -
01-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Hey.

This sites kinda good: http://www.jannah.org/sisters/

insha Allaah (God willing) you'll benefit alot.

Peace.

muslimahsays_hi
01-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Question: Why do muslims say May Allah swt be pleased with him, or Paece Be Upon Him? the messengers are after all..messengers of Allah swt so of course he is pleased with them..

- Qatada -
01-04-2006, 07:06 PM
:salamext:

I think they say 'Peace be upon him' because its a way of showing respect to the prophet or messenger, and at the same time - its an order placed on us by Allaah Almighty:

Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect. (33:56)

So that shows its obligatory upon us to send salutations upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him.)

And if we really love our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his beloved family) more than we love ourselves - then we would be happy to ask Allaah Almighty to send peace and blessings upon him.

"The Prophet is preferable for the believers even to their own selves..." (33:06)

you can read more from here insha Allaah (God willing):
http://www.themodernreligion.com/pro...e-shafaat.html

Referring to why people say 'May Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala be pleased with him/her' - it may show that the person who we are mentioning was a pious, righteous believer and we may want good for that person.

For instance - There were alot of companions of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). them companions did alot for islam and that was one of the reasons islam spread.. but no companion or high scholar can get upto the stage of a prophet. Prophets are unique and are sinless, whereas people will sin, this is why we will ask for Allaah Almighty's Mercy to decend upon them pious people, but we do not have to say this to the prophets because the prophets are naturally sinless anyway.

I hope you understand what i mean insha Allaah (God willing) - if you dont then please do ask again. jazak Allaah khayr (may Allaah Almighty reward you.)

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

muslimahsays_hi
01-05-2006, 09:35 PM
assalamu alaikum,
Thank you, I think I understand now.
Cecilia

Tasneem
01-05-2006, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jeanspiderman
Can anyone direct me to a site of how musilima's are suppose to act dress ,pray even to the point of how thier suppose to keep their bodies clean
Jannah.org

Troid.org-for this one just look at the top panel,inshallah it should say woman

SaLaMz:sister:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.