/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Returning to Islam

sumay28
01-02-2006, 09:18 PM
:sl:

I'm Sumayah. This is my first post here. Okay, see... I need advice. I'm struggling a little bit. See, when I was 15 I accepted Islam, and practiced for about a year. Since then I havn't practiced it, and I started to disbelieve (for the most part). I went into a whole 5 years of fornication, alcoholism, drugs, tattoos and I got married at 18.... I strait up spoke words of hatred about God. Only Allah can remember why I went through all of this. Masha allah I gave it all up, including my husband, after stumbling upon the quran and some books that were given to me 5 years ago while moving some things in my house. I moved to my sister's house (who is a Muslim of 6 years). I've been praying, fasting, reading.. I wear hijab.. the whole nine. I'm still fall very short and I can't help but feel guilt about the things that I've done. I really don't know what to do. I'm pretty lost, and I feel uncomfortable talking to my sister about these things. If anyone can help with some advice.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khattab
01-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Az-Zumar:39)

:sl: Best advice I can give is too repent sincerely to Allah (SWT). Check out this link http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1123996016398 and also the links at the bottom of this page, I think inshallah it can be of good use to you. Mashallah its great to here you are back practising again, remain steadfast on this and make constant dua. Allah (SWT) loves the one who repents and asks for forgivness, and indeed Allah (SWT) as he says many times throughout the Qu'ran is the Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.

:w:

afriend
01-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Well as the brother said above is the best thing 2 do.....But you can also consider Hajj...It is also a very good deed that clears all your sins!

:inshallah may Allah give us the ability to go 4 Hajj....

Ameen.

azim
01-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Salam sis.

Have you ever heard the story of the camel and the man?

The Prophet (pbuh) once narrated to his companions the story of a man who was travelling through the desert on his camel. He came to a tree and rested underneath it's shade. When he awoke, he found that the camel had gone, along with his water and only way of survival. After a period of time, when the man thought his death would be inevitable, the camel returned to him, thus saving the man.

Imagine yourself in this situation, and imagine the feeling when you see the camel return to you.

Now consider this, the Prophet (pbuh) said that Allah is more pleased when a soul returns to him in Islam after sinning then the man was pleased when his camel returned.

Subhan'Allah. Allah has favoured you and guided you, as long as you keep steady on the path of Islam and make repentence and ask for Allah to keep you guided, insha'Allah you will be one of those who are given Jannah. Ameeen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sumay28
01-02-2006, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
Salam sis.

Have you ever heard the story of the camel and the man?

The Prophet (pbuh) once narrated to his companions the story of a man who was travelling through the desert on his camel. He came to a tree and rested underneath it's shade. When he awoke, he found that the camel had gone, along with his water and only way of survival. After a period of time, when the man thought his death would be inevitable, the camel returned to him, thus saving the man.

Imagine yourself in this situation, and imagine the feeling when you see the camel return to you.

Now consider this, the Prophet (pbuh) said that Allah is more pleased when a soul returns to him in Islam after sinning then the man was pleased when his camel returned.

Subhan'Allah. Allah has favoured you and guided you, as long as you keep steady on the path of Islam and make repentence and ask for Allah to keep you guided, insha'Allah you will be one of those who are given Jannah. Ameeen.
no i have not heard that before. Thank you very much for that. It helps. I understand that Allah is forgiving and I feel very blessed that Allah allowed me to stumble upon those books. But my guilt does not come from fear that I was not forgiven, but just guilt that I turned my back on Allah. I don't know how to escape it.

azim
01-02-2006, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumay28
no i have not heard that before. Thank you very much for that. It helps. I understand that Allah is forgiving and I feel very blessed that Allah allowed me to stumble upon those books. But my guilt does not come from fear that I was not forgiven, but just guilt that I turned my back on Allah. I don't know how to escape it.
Feeling such guilt shows that you truly do love Allah. I don't know how you can remove this guilt. Perhaps it is a good thing, to help you keep on the straight path. Perhaps helping others who have gone astray find Islam will help you. Insha'Allah Allah will keep us all guided and will love all of us, and forgive all of us. Ameen.

akulion
01-02-2006, 11:47 PM
salam alaikum

well as u know there is no confession practices in Islam
Therefore a person must confide in Allah swt and once they repent with sincerity they should know that Allah swt forgives.

Your guilt could either be the result of either of these 2 things:

1- Satan reminding you of your past and trying to thrust you into hopelessness, - fight this with prayers and seeking refuge in Allah from the satan

2- Your God fearing character which is prompting you to stay clear of what happend in the past and not to do it again.

if you feel depressed and get a feeling of hopelessness as a result of your thoughts then it is #1

if you feel more zealous as a result of your thoughts and become more humble in prayer and cry in front of God its #2

- Qatada -
01-03-2006, 12:10 AM
:salamext:

subhan Allaah. I just want to start off that i'm really happy you've come back to focus on islam again and that like the brothers have said above, Allaah Almighty is the Most Forgiving and only He can forgive sins.

God gives people life and this is a test, within our life - we have to perform as much good deeds we can do as possible. And as you know - a human is a creature which naturally will be sinful, therefore they have to race to repentance, and by doing good deeds - it will remove their bad deeds too.

And keep up prayer in the two parts of the day and in the first hours of the night; surely good deeds take away evil deeds this is a reminder to the mindful. (11:114)

therefore we should race with each other to do good deeds within islam, which involve praying, giving to the poor, helping the needy, by smiling at your sister etc. This is a way of relieving yourself of your guilt because Allaah Almighty directly states in the qur'an that good deeds take away evil ones.

And we should also race with each other towards forgiveness, because we never know when we will die.

We will keep commiting sins in this life, some on purpose, and some by mistake.

..And there is no sin for you in the mistakes that ye make unintentionally, but what your hearts purpose (that will be a sin for you), and Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful. (33:05)

Their are 99 names in the qur'an of Allaah Almighty, each describing a special attribute to Allaah Almighty.. there are also 114 chapters within the qur'an, and at the beginning of 113 chapters, we recite (english translation of):

"In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Compassionate".

And the names Ghafooru Raheem (Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful) are mentioned so much times in the qur'an, which shows the eternal Mercy of Allaah Almighty.

There is a reason why them names are mentioned so much, and the reason is because Allaah is showing endless Mercy towards the people, so the people dont have a excuse to turn away from God, they wont feel afraid that they have too much sins - because they have proof that their God will forgive them if they sincerely dont want to do that sin again, and will have a fresh new start of doing good from then on.

This is why if any human has come to islam - all their previous sins are forgiven and even turned to good deeds! because Allaah Almighty knows that the person is prepared to give up their bad acts, and due to this sacrifice - Allaah Almighty will reward the believers with paradise, because they sacrificed their desires (eg. gave their riches to the poor, worked hard to enjoin the truth and forbade the evil etc.) for a more better reward for what they did.

[As for those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, for them are Gardens (Paradise) as an entertainment, for what they used to do.(32:19)

Obviously, Allaah Almighty doesn't just put laws upon the people for the fun of it, theres always alot of wisdom behind everything Allaah Almighty does; and some of the reasons why adultery, fornification isn't allowed in islam is because it destroys families, without certainty whos child it may be, it even creates worser crimes such as rape, which can lead to diseases like aids, HIV, etc.

you can read more about that from this link insha Allaah:
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503548032

to help on that situation; Allaah the Most Merciful says:

"Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty, that will make for greater purity for them...Say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty...O you believers! Turn you all together towards Allah that you may attain success" (24:30,31)

more info to help on that insha Allaah:
http://www.jannah.org/articles/gazelow.html

But if one does that crime, then it can be really dangerous if one does not repent; in the qur'an, Allaah the Most Merciful says:

Those who invoke not, with God, any other god, nor slay such life as God has made sacred except for just cause, nor commit fornication; - and any that does this (not only) meets punishment.

(But) the Penalty on the Day of Judgment will be doubled to him, and he will dwell therein in shame,-

Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for God will change the evil of such persons into good, and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

And whoever repents and does good has truly turned to God with an (acceptable) conversion;-

[25:68 - 71]

This means that whoever has done the crimes above; eg. adultery, murder or associating partners with Allaah Almighty - there punishment will be doubled on the day of judgement.

Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for God will change the evil of such persons into good, and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (25:70)

So if a person repents sincerely, and believes (in islamic monotheism), works righteous deeds - Allaah the Most Merciful will change the evil deeds of the person into good deeds! subhan Allaah thats how kind our Lord is. :) And at the end of that verse; Allaah Almighty says again, 'Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful' to remind the person that they still have time to ask for forgiveness, to repent and time to do righteous deeds.

Its also really important to hang out with the right crowd - because they influence you on what you do, and what you dont do, so try to make really good, muslimah friends insha Allaah.

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family) really emphasised on how your friends affect what kind of person you are:

“The example of a good companion and a bad one is the bearer of musk and the worker on the bellows. A bearer of musk would give you some, you might buy some from him, or you might enjoy the fragrance of his musk. The worker on the bellows, on the other hand, might spoil your clothes with sparks from his bellows, or you get a bad smell from him.”
(Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim, this version being Muslim’s)you can read the explanation of the above hadith from the following link insha Allaah:

http://www.islamonline.net/English/H...05/03/01.shtml

so to simplify the hadith (saying of our beloved Prophet sal Allaahu alayhi
waSalam) up; is to say that the people a person hangs out with; affects that person.

the example used is of a musk seller and a furnace blower. so by being with the musk seller, he may give you some musk so you may smell nice and people will like you for that.

whereas if you be with the furnace blower - he may even burn your clothes or you may get a bad smell from him. so you may get hurt while hanging out with the wrong crowd and you may get a bad reputation due to the acts of the bad people you hang around with.

Once you start making more muslimah (female muslims) your friends - you'll realise they'll have a better influence to you insha Allaah, because they will have the same aim as you - to become a better muslim, and will try to commit as less sins insha Allaah.

Even if you cant make alot of mates, maybe because of where you live - its important you stay in a more islamic environment, so maybe even the forum could be that environment insha Allaah. (God willing.)

You can read more about forgiveness through this link insha Allaah:

http://www.leedsgrandmosque.com/khut...a-20030523.asp

Allaah Almighty knows we will keep commiting sins because we are naturally like that:

“They are those who if they commit an immorality or transgress against their own souls they remember Allah and ask His forgiveness for their sins - and who can forgive sins except Allah? [In addition] they do not persist in doing (evil) whilst they are aware of it.” (3:135)

I just want to end off with a hadith qudsi (the most powerful of all ahadith) because they were narrated by our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam, and the sayings were from Allaah Almighty:

Hadith Qudsi 34:

On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say: Allah the Almighty said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.

wa Allaahu a'lam. (and Allaah the Most Merciful knows best.)

:wasalamex

Khattab
01-03-2006, 02:50 PM
:sl: Sister Can I recommend a talk called by 'Satanic Whispers' by Sheikh Abu Yusuf Riyadh Al-Haq, its an excellent talk. 'Right Click' and 'Save Target As':

Side A/Part 1 http://www.alkawtharacademy.org/down...1%20of%202.mp3

AND Side B/Part 2 http://www.alkawtharacademy.org/down...2%20of%202.mp3

Satanic Whispers

"As humans we are all victims of the satanic onslaught of evil and insidious thoughts. Only the Prophets عليهم السلام have been granted immunity and protection from shaytan’s whispers. Such thoughts can range from satanic whispers during our salaah, to questions regarding predestination. The aim of these satanic whispers needs to be understood, there purpose is to deter one from the remembrance and worship of Allah سبحانه و تعالى . A cure for these whispers is contained therein."

swanlake
01-03-2006, 09:37 PM
:sl: Khattab

:j: for the lectures. I know of someone who is in need of this badly. May Allah reward you brother.

Tasneem
01-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Well,Welcome back to islam!

You can pray to Allah,Wake up for tahujjad and make dua
Offer a couple of prayers,Fast superagatory fasts,And just make sure you pray you're salats on time.
Inshallah this will help it sure helped me!
And also,Make sure you are not around negative people be around muslims,Stay around muslims and the masajid inshallah this will help.
If you have any questions about the tahjjud prayers or any thing just e-Mail me or pm me.

SaLaMz

hidden_treasure
01-07-2006, 01:27 PM
assalamu alaikum,

First of all, you are missing out on one thing....Allah loves you!!! Afterall it is He that guided you back to His path....mashaAllah...this in itself is so amazing.

Secondly, we all go up and down with our eman..this is natural. I will tell you what has helped with me.

I would pray the late night prayer(tahhajjud), and ask Allah to forgive me and guide me...ask for whatever you like, as He will answer your dua, insha Allah.
Also, make thikr (rememberance of Allah)..like for eg. "subhanAllahi wa bihamdi" glory be to Allah, and praised is He 100 times (to have your sins forgiven even if they were the like the foam of the sea).

This helps...oh, and to pray all the 12 sunnah prayers...the ones that build you a house in jannah. Try to also learn arabic, so you can read or recite the quran to receive more hasannat, insha Allah.

hope this helps....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.