PDA

View Full Version : George Galloway



A7med
01-02-2006, 09:32 PM
:sl: :brother: & :sister:


here is a speech giev by george galloway at the Excel on 5th December :brother:

George Galloway

:w:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Shadow
01-02-2006, 09:35 PM
who is george gallaway
?
Reply

azim
01-03-2006, 02:12 AM
Does anyone else feel he's a bit of a phoney and is just trying to appeal to muslims for votes?
Reply

Muezzin
01-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by azim
Does anyone else feel he's a bit of a phoney and is just trying to appeal to muslims for votes?
Yes.

:p

Unless of course he is Muslim. In which case I have egg on my face.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Rabi'ya
01-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Yes brother azim

I ahve to agree with you. But, I mean, hes got a good way of going aboutit. And maybe he is just a nice guy.

Sometimes I think hes just after votes, and other times i think hes a nice guy.

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

Muezzin
01-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Oh, and here's the Wiki entry on George Galloway for those unfamiliar with him.
Reply

azim
01-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by azim
Does anyone else feel he's a bit of a phoney and is just trying to appeal to muslims for votes?
Maybe I'm wrong though and he genuinely feels more supportive of the muslim point of view. Just I don't trust politcians, politics breed hyprocrites. (Not that I'm saying G. Galloway is a hyprocrite - allahu alim).
Reply

Rabi'ya
01-03-2006, 04:23 PM
I know what you mean about being a politician. It takes a certain kinda person. and I cant say ive found any nice ones ever! as you say AllahuAlim

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

Rabi'ya
01-03-2006, 07:49 PM
:sl:

I was just wondering - I wonder if Mr Galloway, actually understands the terms "MashAllah" and "Bismillah" which he uses during his speeches.....

Has anyone met the guy?

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

A7med
01-03-2006, 07:53 PM
wasalaam,

yea i met him after the event...........with imam qasim.

dono really if he knows the meaning :S lol
Reply

Rabi'ya
01-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Did he seem like a genuine guy? what was he like? did u takl to him much?

Im really interested actually, coz Ive seen him a few times and heard a few speeches of his, but neevr quite sure wht to make of him.

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

azim
01-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by brown clown
wasalaam,

yea i met him after the event...........with imam qasim.

dono really if he knows the meaning :S lol
I don't think he'd be stupid enough to use those words if he didn't know what they meant. Although, it'd be funny to see him misuse it one day.

"I HAVE WON THE ELECTIONS! ASTAGFIRALLAH!!"

"Tony blair is abonomation! MASHALLLAH!"

"I had a bacon and cheese sandwich for lunch, ALHAMDULILLAH!"
Reply

Muezzin
01-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
:sl:

I was just wondering - I wonder if Mr Galloway, actually understands the terms "MashAllah" and "Bismillah" which he uses during his speeches.....
I assume so since I've just read his wife is a Palestinian Muslim.
Reply

Rabi'ya
01-03-2006, 07:59 PM
so he must be Muslim too right? if his wife is Muslim, else their marriage aitn valid

*shrugs*

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

A7med
01-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
Did he seem like a genuine guy? what was he like? did u takl to him much?

Im really interested actually, coz Ive seen him a few times and heard a few speeches of his, but neevr quite sure wht to make of him.

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:
he seemed ok happy, cool and genuine.
na i werent talking...........i was just:zip: M.Qasim was doin all the talkin just sayin, i liked ur speech ect.

M.Qasim just called me over so i was like :hmm:
Reply

A7med
01-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
so he must be Muslim too right? if his wife is Muslim, else their marriage aitn valid

*shrugs*

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:
he aint muslim yet..............studyin bout it still (thats wot he said)
Reply

Muezzin
01-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
so he must be Muslim too right? if his wife is Muslim, else their marriage aitn valid

*shrugs*

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:
According to this, however, she wants a divorce

Make of that what you will.

Personally, I'm doubtful of the veracity of a website calling itself 'Little Green Footballs' but whatever, even if it is true it has zero effect on my life.
Reply

Rabi'ya
01-03-2006, 08:03 PM
well inshAllah - he seems pretty close to the Muslim community.

May Allah guide him...ameen

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

R_U
01-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Assalamualikum w w

I was also wondering whether George Galloway is now muslim or whether he is as many organisations put it 'a friend of the muslims'!! In the excel speech i clearly remember him saying 'us muslims'..Maybe i remember wrong, but i do clearly remember thinking at the time..is he muslim? Maybe i should re-listen to the speech!
Nevertheless, I did think he was quite cool at the US senate-thing and he does genuinely seem to support the Palestinian cause with dedication and commitment. He is an enigmatic speaker and seemed nice when I met him at a political debate.. His personal life does seem a bit shady but then Allah SWT knows best.
Anyway if anyone knows if he is in fact muslim and how do you feel about people (in general not just George Galloway) using Insha'Allah, Alhamdulillah etc when they do not believe in Allah? Just curious!..
Reply

sumay28
01-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by R_U
Assalamualikum w w

how do you feel about people (in general not just George Galloway) using Insha'Allah, Alhamdulillah etc when they do not believe in Allah? Just curious!..
masha'allah they're praising Allah. Whether they believe in him or not, they're praising them with their tongue. It's a start.
Reply

sumay28
01-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by sumay28
masha'allah they're praising Allah. Whether they believe in him or not, they're praising them with their tongue. It's a start.

Astafirallah!! I said praising them. Astafirallah!! Astafirallah!! HIM!!!
Reply

Bittersteel
01-03-2006, 08:22 PM
I assume so since I've just read his wife is a Palestinian Muslim.
[MAD]this is bad.why doesn't Muslim women marry Muslim men anymore?[/MAD]
Reply

sumay28
01-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Abrar
[MAD]this is bad.why doesn't Muslim women marry Muslim men anymore?[/MAD]


I was married to a non-muslim and left him after returning to Islam. I don't understand how it can work with a muslim woman and a non-muslim man.

:offtopic: doncha think "may the force be with you" is like the jedis are giving salams?
Reply

Muezzin
01-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by sumay28
I was married to a non-muslim and left him after returning to Islam. I don't understand how it can work with a muslim woman and a non-muslim man.
Well, there's always the possiblity that the non-muslim partner reverts. :brother:

:offtopic: doncha think "may the force be with you" is like the jedis are giving salams?
Yes.
Reply

sumay28
01-04-2006, 11:58 AM
well, my non-muslim huband didn't give it a chance. May Allah guide him
Reply

afriend
01-04-2006, 12:11 PM
I dont care about any of the rumours..........George Galloway is a gr8 politician, he speaks with logic and charcter

Mashallah,
Reply

mohakem
01-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
According to this, however, she wants a divorce

Make of that what you will.

Personally, I'm doubtful of the veracity of a website calling itself 'Little Green Footballs' but whatever, even if it is true it has zero effect on my life.
A truly pro-american/pro-israel biased site. (though i belive he is getting divorced)

Listening to the speech it sounds like Galloway is a muslim, ".. after ramadhan, during the eid when we were feasting ..", "... with the non muslims who feel the same way as we do about Iraq..." and other such statements.

On the other hand he is a politician.

Allah Alim whats really in his heart.

Wa alikum salam
Reply

R_U
01-04-2006, 04:47 PM
:offtopic: doncha think "may the force be with you" is like the jedis are giving salams?[/QUOTE]

Hee Hee Lol Never thought bout that..Yeah!:giggling:
Reply

*LJ*
01-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by sumay28

:offtopic: doncha think "may the force be with you" is like the jedis are giving salams?
I saw something on TV the other day with director of Star Wars, George Lucas, and he was saying about this. He was saying that 'may the force be with you' is like 'may God be with you' but without referring to any specific religion...interesting.

Salam :)
Reply

Muezzin
01-04-2006, 05:02 PM
For more talk about Star Wars and Islam, check out this thread

Let's just talk about Mr Galloway in this topic :)
Reply

Hajar
01-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

This is good listening....!!!
I wish we had politicians like him here in the Netherlands.

Wa alaykum assalamu
Reply

Muezzin
01-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by Hajar
Assalamu alaykum,

This is good listening....!!!
I wish we had politicians like him here in the Netherlands.

Wa alaykum assalamu
You mean people who can talk the talk, but can't win the election? They're a dime a dozen, ten a penny, common as sh... You get the picture. :)
Reply

Hajar
01-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
You mean people who can talk the talk, but can't win the election? They're a dime a dozen, ten a penny, common as sh... You get the picture. :)

yeah ok they dont win any elections, but its good that he says the things he says. He is speaking his mind and saying the truth whats wrong with that... but it needs to be said. Even if it means he aint winning a election.
Reply

Muezzin
01-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Fair enough.

I'd just really like to see a viable voice for Muslim politics actually win.
Reply

Hajar
01-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Fair enough.

I'd just really like to see a viable voice for Muslim politics actually win.

Well you never know.. this is a start. :)
Reply

Rabi'ya
01-06-2006, 06:15 PM
:sl:

What on earth is he doing in celebrity big brother?

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

R_U
01-06-2006, 06:15 PM
:sl:
Huh?Just read in the paper that Geroge Galloway is in Celebrity Big Brother this year! For those of you who have mangaged to escape this stupid phenomenan (MashaAllah luck you!), it's basically a tacky reality tv programme which revolves around the daily lives of usually a bunch of freaks locked in a house without any contact from the real world..He may be a great public speaker, an interesting public figure and politician but this really does make me lose some (well alot) of the respect i held for the guy..Whyyyyy would he do this? Actually thinking about it he may have felt that all the recent publicity of his support for muslims is alienanting him from the non-muslim voters and this may be an attempt to win them over (just my opinion..before someone posts something bout 'judging etc':okay: )..Politicians huh?! :sister:
:w:
Reply

R_U
01-06-2006, 06:16 PM
hee hee Rabi'ya sis we must be reading the same news!! Lol..dissappointing is'nt it..?
Reply

Hira
01-06-2006, 06:44 PM
why is he in big brother?
Reply

Rabi'ya
01-06-2006, 06:54 PM
has he been taken out?

i havppened to watch it with my brother last night as the contestants were going in as well. thats how i knew...

how comes hes not ther anymore?

:w:

rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

1m@@n
01-07-2006, 03:03 AM
Asalamoalaikum wr wb

I cant stand big brother! like there aint more imp info to put on the front page of newspapers!!! ** looks disgustd**

makes me wanna pick the tv up and throw it outta the window when my younger sis is watchin it....but that aint practical!

I also happend to take a liking to him after listening to some of his speeches....

hmmm does make you wonder why hes appearin on 'that' programme though....khair, Allah (swt) knows best....who r we to judge...


walaikum Asalaam wr wb
Reply

Muezzin
01-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by sister 1maan uk
Asalamoalaikum wr wb

I cant stand big brother! like there aint more imp info to put on the front page of newspapers!!! ** looks disgustd**
Well, that depends which newspapers one reads. You won't see the Telegraph with the frontpage headline: 'SHOCKER! Jade Goody is fat!' :p
Reply

Mohsin
11-05-2006, 09:37 PM
was just browsing through and found this thread. i dont think galloway is being false, i think he is very genuine. it wouldnt make sense to perform an act and say he loves muslims. why would he want to do that? I mean its such a small population in the country it aint going to get him very popular generally. i think he genuinely believes muslims are being wronged accross the world.

not sure about whether he muslim or not?
Reply

strider
11-05-2006, 09:49 PM
He isn't a Muslim.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Well then may Allah(swt) guide him lol.
Reply

stannis
11-06-2006, 03:00 PM
George Galloway calls himself a socialist, but seems only to focus on the needs of the Islamic community in Britain. That is not socialist.
Reply

Umar001
11-06-2006, 03:06 PM
I think he does care about some things like palestine, I mean any normal person would.
Reply

stannis
11-06-2006, 03:15 PM
But he should care about other things, as well as Palestine and Iraq. No proper politician should focus on one or two issues. It's a disservice to the communities they represent. Life is complex, and politics has to be as well.
Reply

Umar001
11-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by stannis
But he should care about other things, as well as Palestine and Iraq. No proper politician should focus on one or two issues. It's a disservice to the communities they represent. Life is complex, and politics has to be as well.
I dont know, maybe he does, I mean, I only would presume that such topics are in the media because of the contraversy that they bring.
Reply

stannis
11-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Which suggests that attaining controversy is his primary goal. Not the sign of a professional, is it?
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 11:46 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 11:54 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 02:44 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!