/* */

PDA

View Full Version : do you have non religious muslim friends?

solid_snake
01-02-2006, 11:15 PM
yes and most of them are persians

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
leena.noor
01-02-2006, 11:24 PM
yes...i have some friends who think i'm overly religious for saying 'salaam aleykum' or alhumdiliah...strange...

azim
01-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Yes..and may Allah guide them and us all. Ameen.

akulion
01-02-2006, 11:29 PM
who is religious and who is not is best known to Allah

so i cant comment lest the ones I refer to are more loved by God than I

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
1m@@n
01-03-2006, 12:31 AM
Asalamoalaikum wr wb

yup i have many non muslim friends....at end of the day only Allah swt knows whats in ones heart...theres pple out there who claim to be muslim but appear to be muslim 'only' by name....commiting acts prohibited by islam on a daily basis....May Allah swt guide us all to the right path and make us rightous muslims inshaAllah....and a strong muslim ummah inshaAllah...ameen, summa ameen

walaikum asalaam wr wb

pious_hijabi
01-03-2006, 12:41 AM
To be honest most of my friends are muslims, alhamdulilah...but I still have a few that are non-muslim and i'm happy to say that best friend came into Islam not too long ago so yea.

solid_snake
01-03-2006, 01:43 AM
some of you may have misunderstood the question

i'm asking if you have muslim friends who are NOT religious at all

*charisma*
01-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

ekhi, if one was not religious at all in their faith, would they be considered part of that faith? especially in Islam.

Anyone can say the shahada because this is something between them and Allah and only Allah needs to know how devoted they are to Islam, although just because you say you believe in Allah and his messenger yet you do practically everything outside of Islam, what title are holding thats Islamic?

One needs to be a muslim by submission not by name.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Takumi
01-03-2006, 05:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

ekhi, if one was not religious at all in their faith, would they be considered part of that faith? especially in Islam.

Anyone can say the shahada because this is something between them and Allah and only Allah needs to know how devoted they are to Islam, although just because you say you believe in Allah and his messenger yet you do practically everything outside of Islam, what title are holding thats Islamic?

One needs to be a muslim by submission not by name.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

They are considered part of faith. Only the degree of their conviction towards the practice is not strong. No one can say one is not a muslim or religious. We are preachers to Islam, not judges. (nahnu du'aat wa laa qudhaa')

Sins come in various degrees, so does iman. Once someone says the shahadah, he's a muslim unless he denounces his belief, notwithstanding whether he drinks, make zina etc. We can see many examples from the seerah that illustrates this point.

One being a woman who had committed adultery and confessed to the prophet. Now, did the prophet outcast her and declared her a non muslim? No. He asked her to take care of the baby until he's able to eat solid food, then the hudood was carried out..

During one of the battles, a sahaba told the prophet that he had killed one enemy who declared the shahadah before he was killed. He had assumed that the person said the shahadah just to avoid being killed, ie with no sincerity. The prophet asked him, "do you know his heart?"

Excuse this raw narration. Please refer books such as The Men Around the Messenger or Yusuf Qardhawi's The Fiqh of Priorities for clearer understanding.

*charisma*
01-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

jazak Allah khair

yup allahu a'lem what is between the heart of a believer and Allah

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Qurratul Ayn
01-03-2006, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister 1maan uk
Asalamoalaikum wr wb

yup i have many non muslim friends....at end of the day only Allah swt knows whats in ones heart...theres pple out there who claim to be muslim but appear to be muslim 'only' by name....commiting acts prohibited by islam on a daily basis....May Allah swt guide us all to the right path and make us rightous muslims inshaAllah....and a strong muslim ummah inshaAllah...ameen, summa ameen

walaikum asalaam wr wb
Asslamu Alaikum

Well said Sister sister 1maan and I also have non-Muslim friends but they are good people but my Muslim schoolfriends aren't that religious. Only Allah The Almighty has the power for any changes to a person and whatever Allah wills it shall happen!

Asslamu Alaikum
Shakirah

salman128
01-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Lots of e m

so0x0xsweet
02-17-2006, 12:57 AM
yea it is mind boggling, because theytell you they are muslim and if you ask about their religion they say likei kno anything aobut it , im like wow, im a practicing catholic, and i can tell you moreabout my religion than the average joe, and im not all religous like that, its just something that sticks in my mind

julie sarri
02-27-2006, 02:36 PM
:sl: yes one shes younger than me but i will do my best to make her awear of her religon inshaallah:w:

north_malaysian
02-28-2006, 03:44 AM
Lots of them, they dont perform salat, but they always observe fasting in ramadan.

niqaabii
02-28-2006, 12:18 PM
none of my frnds practise their religion...thety say ..they too busy for that
may allah guide us them and us all to the right path.Ameen

smile
02-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Yes, I have many non-muslim friends

Mawaddah
02-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Whilst I was in Malaysia I knew quite a few people who only performed some of their prayers, or sometimes didn't perform them at all.......but they always observed Ramadhan...I found that a little strange :?

mahuruf
03-01-2006, 07:25 AM
Only the religious people are my close friends and there are some casual friends who are Muslims by name, also non Muslims.

Mohsin
03-01-2006, 07:34 AM
I have quite a few unfortunately

They all believe strongly, and if islam was attacked they'd defend it, but they don't necessaryily always perform their salaah, even when you ask them, and the annoying thing is they come up with the worst possible arguments

They never seem to have istinjaa!
They say they'll pray maghrib when they get home in 2 hours time evn though it's just started!
They're wearing deodrant and it's got alcohol on it!!??

It's quite frustrating and it tests your sabr, but we can only do du'a for them that Allah gives them guidance. We can only invite to the path of Allah, Ultimate guidance comes from Allah

nihma333
03-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Yea unfortunately I do. It's a very sad thing to see the ummah deteriorate. And I must admit is is depressing when you speak to them on the basics of Islam and they are completely lost. :'(

peace,
Naimah

bezimany 071
03-01-2006, 10:43 AM
my friends are imaginary......and nimah :)

nihma333
03-01-2006, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bezimany 071
my friends are imaginary.....
Yea we know!....LOL

peace,
Naimah

north_malaysian
03-02-2006, 08:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AsilahRana
Whilst I was in Malaysia I knew quite a few people who only performed some of their prayers, or sometimes didn't perform them at all.......but they always observed Ramadhan...I found that a little strange :?
I think Ramadhan is part of Malay culture, maybe because the religious authorities can fine them for not fasting (for muslim men) or eating in public (for muslim woman). Plus in several states, the Muslims caught not fasting will be paraded all over the town with funeral car.

Another thing that non religious Muslims observe in Malaysia - abstain from eating pork. They might be drinking, but no to pork.

lyesh
03-02-2006, 10:51 AM
I do have a lot of them! Including my own brothers and sisters (i mean cousins)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.