/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What I love about Islam

sumay28
01-03-2006, 12:34 AM
You know, one of the things about Islam that I love, being a former Christian, is that in 4 months I've heard more beautiful stories about Isa (AS) and Miriam (RA) from the Quran and Hadiths than I have EVER heard as a Christian for 6 years. It amazes me because the foundation of Christianity is to believe that Jesus) was the son of God, but Islam really speaks so much more light about Jesus. I've heard hadiths about him that would really touch me. I started this thread for people to post any stories of Isa (AS) since I see that a lot of Christians in here who would probably appreciate it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mansio
01-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Are hadith considered as historical documents that are 100% true ?

There are many tales about Jesus and Mary, especially about his birth, that you can find in Italian, Spanish, French, German folklore.

sumay28
01-03-2006, 12:21 PM
There are hadiths that are authentic, but you will find that there are false hadiths out there.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...hadith/brief1/

that website tells you the science of hadith.

MetSudaisTwice
01-03-2006, 12:26 PM
salam
hadith are source of info and fatwa that along with the quran
wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
01-03-2006, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumay28
You know, one of the things about Islam that I love, being a former Christian, is that in 4 months I've heard more beautiful stories about Isa (AS) and Miriam (RA) from the Quran and Hadiths than I have EVER heard as a Christian for 6 years. It amazes me because the foundation of Christianity is to believe that Jesus) was the son of God, but Islam really speaks so much more light about Jesus. I've heard hadiths about him that would really touch me. I started this thread for people to post any stories of Isa (AS) since I see that a lot of Christians in here who would probably appreciate it.
:sl: sister

I have to agree. since I became Muslim, alhamdulillah, i have read a lot of beautiful stories about Isa(as) and other prophets too. as a church goer I was always under the impression that they were almost fairy tales with meaning. alhamdulillah the stories do have meanings but within Islam the prophets are admired much more. I have learnt to love Isa(and the other prohpets)(as) much more than i ever did before.

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Bittersteel
01-03-2006, 01:37 PM
still you are not supposed to criticize other religions.Its forbidden.It hurts people's feelings.

Rabi'ya
01-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Im not criticizing, Im just saying that alhamdulillah, I have learnt a lot mre about Isa(as) since coming to Islam and I think(my opinion) it is ina much better way.

InshAllah stories of Isa(as) can be posted here as the sister suggested

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

sumay28
01-03-2006, 01:59 PM
No criticism... I don't think it's criticism to say that Islam tells more beautiful stories of Jesus than Christianity. I hope it doesn't offend a Christian to say that.

But I will say that I hope that me not being politically correct will be a problem in this message board. I don't sugarcoat my thoughts... I'll be civil about it, but I I have opinions that I don't mind sharing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.