/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims Wake Up!!

ZIA-UR-RAHMAN
01-03-2006, 04:17 AM
As salaam wa alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

1400 years ago or thereabouts, our beloved lord and master, Hazrat Muhammad Mustapha (sallalaho alaihi wa salaam) was commissioned by Allah ta'alah for the moral and spiritual reformation of mankind. Hazoor (sallalaho alaihi wa salaam) laid down the foundations for the community of Mumineen, the Muslim ummat, at that time, to set a perfect example for the rest of the world. The Holy Quran affirms that the Muslim community is to be such a great community that the disbelievers would often wish they were Muslims. But what is the condition of Muslims today? What is the condition of Islam? Islam is a dead man lying lifeless in the barren wasteland, being eaten by a flock of vultures. When this great giant man was alive, these vultures would not dare go near him. But the condition of Islam today is pitiful. Muslims have abandoned the Holy Quran and the Sunnat of our beloved Rasool-e-Pak (sallalaho alaihi wa salaam). There are external signs which show how the imaan and taqwa of Muslims has declined. One of these signs is decline of political and social dominance in the world. Sure there are millions of Muslims who everyday cry "Jihad! Jihad!", it is ironic that the weapons they use for "Jihad" are stamped "Made in USA". Muslims cannot fend for themselves, we are like helpless orphans, we are at the mercy of the very kafir nations we despise.

This is the time of Hajj, Muslims gather from the four corners of the world to the spiritual cradle of humanity to intensify and perfect their ibadat of Khuda ta'alah. The Holy Quran has made this institution farz upon all Believers, so that we can better unite ourselves and purify our souls. But these days, because of the lack of ilm Muslims possess, the Hajj is not as effective as it once used to be. Apart from the Arabs (who have their own problems on account of their abandoning of the teachings of the Holy Quran), non-Arab Muslims have also fallen into dissaray, especially because of their lack of knowledge of the Arabic language, which with the revelation of the Holy Quran was to be a universal language for all humanity. Had Muslims kept up in the knowledge of Arabic and especially the Holy Quran, such knowledge would manifest itself as the greatest power on the Earth which no kafir superpower could dare to oppose. Muslims dont need any Iranian style revolution to re-establish ourselves as the supreme community, Muslims must have a spiritual revolution within themselves, we must adapt taqwa and Islamic values and abide strictly by Quran and Sunnat, only then will Allah fulfil His promise to us:

"Verily, Allah does not change the condition of a people until they change what is in their hearts." (Quran Majeed)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shudnt_have
01-03-2006, 04:28 AM
:sl:
Jazakullahu Khairan Brother ZIA-UR-RAHMAN, for an awakening call, surely enough, we need to revive our Ummah as a whole. I doubt if we can acheive this right away, first I know, personally I am working on myself then my family to strengthen our own Islamic Foundation right where it is needed most. Alhamdulilah, most of us living at the West, this should be our stepping stone, for wallahi we cant implement or the preach Islam "out there" when we havent establish God-Fearing Members in our little community yet!
Anyway, thats my take on this matter!
:w:

ZIA-UR-RAHMAN
01-03-2006, 04:30 AM
As salaam wa alaikum wa rahmatullahi and thank you for your reply, I agree with you completely, we ourselves must be the change we want to see in the world, and we should start with our own selves and our own families. Most people I know are not converted or reborn in Islam in theory, but in practice, they are inspired by the conduct and attitude of true Believers.

ZIA-UR-RAHMAN
01-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Why is the word Muslim highlighted in red in my post?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
01-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Probably, because when you searched for your post you typed the word "Muslim" and the search facility highlights it.

Rabi'ya:rose:

shudnt_have
01-03-2006, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZIA-UR-RAHMAN
As salaam wa alaikum wa rahmatullahi and thank you for your reply, ...........Most people I know are not converted or reborn in Islam in theory, but in practice, they are inspired by the conduct and attitude of true Believers.
:w: I agree to that, however, as we are building our own homes, what would you suggest that we should do as an Ummah? Do you any plans/ideas in mind brother? if so, Please do share it with us. inshaAllah.

Ummu Amatullah
01-05-2006, 04:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shudnt_have
:w: I agree to that, however, as we are building our own homes, what would you suggest that we should do as an Ummah? Do you any plans/ideas in mind brother? if so, Please do share it with us. inshaAllah.
Asallama Alaikum sister.Well I'm not the brother,but I was thinking the other day as I was watching this talk show.This reporter said something very offensive to these black Africans.The next day they were on the cover on TIMES magazine actually protesting.We Muslims in the western world hear negative things being said about Islam or Prophet Muhammad both by the media and people in general almost everyday,and yet no one is actually out their doing something about it.Those black Africans out of just 3 or 4 negative words went out their,expressed their opinions,and at the end got what they wanted.We muslims,I myself hear things being said about Prophet Muhammad calling him a pedophile and etc....How come we're not on the cover of Times magazine or even MAS magazine?
So the easiest thing I think we Muslims in the western world can at least do is to clear misconceptions about Islam and to go out their and fulfill our duty towards calling the disbeleivers to Islam.Surprisingly something which I witnessed just the other day,which actually got me disappointed was this brother I think he was Pakistani or Arab he was trying to give da'wah to these two sisters which he picked up from the mall.So he's standing right in front of the mall holding the Quran in one hand.He starts off asking the two sisters what religion they were and he goes on and on and on(it really seemed like a century).He just kept on talking and talking.Bashing their religion explaining why it was wrong,for Allah's sake I don't even think he said a word about Islam.Then the two sisters were just looking at him like:uhwhat :uhwhat(for both of the sisters).I'm actually happy they left seriously it seemed as if they were about to slap him on both cheeks.My reason for telling you sisters and brothers is that if we want to do da'wah we first and foremost have to start off with ourselves.We have to behave like muslims act like muslims.Eveything about us has to resemble Islam.Walahi and I'm saying this straight from my heart if we have a good aklaqh and have enough knowledge about our deen there's absolutely no telling where we would end up.We these days have the best chance to invite the disbeleivers to Islam(especially the youth).They are actually heathens they have absolutely no religion.That's the reason why their moral code is so low.They were born into christianity,but easily leave it due to the confusion that arises in their minds.So if we Muslims were able to cure that confusion no doubt we will Islaminize America.

shudnt_have
01-05-2006, 05:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukri
Asallama Alaikum sister.Well I'm not the brother,but I was thinking the other day as I was watching this talk show.This reporter said something very offensive to these black Africans.The next day they were on the cover on TIMES magazine actually protesting.We Muslims in the western world hear negative things being said about Islam or Prophet Muhammad both by the media and people in general almost everyday,and yet no one is actually out their doing something about it.Those black Africans out of just 3 or 4 negative words went out their,expressed their opinions,and at the end got what they wanted.We muslims,I myself hear things being said about Prophet Muhammad calling him a pedophile and etc....How come we're not on the cover of Times magazine or even MAS magazine?
So the easiest thing I think we Muslims in the western world can at least do is to clear misconceptions about Islam and to go out their and fulfill our duty towards calling the disbeleivers to Islam.Surprisingly something which I witnessed just the other day,which actually got me disappointed was this brother I think he was Pakistani or Arab he was trying to give da'wah to these two sisters which he picked up from the mall.So he's standing right in front of the mall holding the Quran in one hand.He starts off asking the two sisters what religion they were and he goes on and on and on(it really seemed like a century).He just kept on talking and talking.Bashing their religion explaining why it was wrong,for Allah's sake I don't even think he said a word about Islam.Then the two sisters were just looking at him like:uhwhat :uhwhat(for both of the sisters).I'm actually happy they left seriously it seemed as if they were about to slap him on both cheeks.My reason for telling you sisters and brothers is that if we want to do da'wah we first and foremost have to start off with ourselves.We have to behave like muslims act like muslims.Eveything about us has to resemble Islam.Walahi and I'm saying this straight from my heart if we have a good aklaqh and have enough knowledge about our deen there's absolutely no telling where we would end up.We these days have the best chance to invite the disbeleivers to Islam(especially the youth).They are actually heathens they have absolutely no religion.That's the reason why their moral code is so low.They were born into christianity,but easily leave it due to the confusion that arises in their minds.So if we Muslims were able to cure that confusion no doubt we will Islaminize America.
Mashallah to your optimisim and to your steadfastneess.. I hear ya Dear Sister, a non-muslim co-worker and who also happens to be my highschool buddy, She was telling me, how some brothers would always respond to her Islamic questions with harshness and would never listen to her reasoning, this would as she clearly expressed exasperate her! neverthless, alhamdulilah, she is about to accept the Shahdah. subahllaAllah. After sharing the good news, some of us to do actually convey the wrong message of Islam at a time. The other thing is, unfortnately not all of us are ready yet for dawah! we have to realize that soonnnnnn..I mean it..I have heard pretty embrassing stories..:rollseyes
Actually i have seen plenty of discrimination against minorities, unfortnately in some cases, my hands were tied, for instance, we are sitting at the lower-level court-wating for my father's trail to begin-because he applead 'not guilty' for passing the 'red right';D. just to keep it short, while waiting at the court room, I saw with my very own eyes, there were our own muslim brothers lost the case, simply because 1. the judge didnt alloted them enough time to state their pov and objected every other second, when he wanted to speak up..Clearly, He didnt pass by the other driver,His car was still in parking.. *standing still*, waiting for the passenger to pay the fare, while the "victim"/devil i shall say.bumped to his taxi and now the "victim"/he was asking for the compensation..its saddening, how unjust and cruel is our society can be at times.these are one of the few cases i witnessed that day. there are many profs muslims who wouldnt dedicate their time to this taxi driver like him to either fight his case or translate for him..I was young then.still this memory haunts me like a nightmare..

may Allah subhallah wah tallah makes all of us worthy enough to spread Islam and actually embody the teachings of our Rasullah sallahu walle wasalaam and the Quran. its hard, it will take plenty of practice..having said, that..as an average person, I know If I can attain to all my duties and responsiblities it is a worship and dawah in itself. wondering how? By fulfiling my rights a neighbour, a loyal friend to non-muslims and non-muslims and largely being a great sport for my community. inshallahallh wah tallah it will be minimum of what needs to be done, if not enough! Just some of my thought..may allah swt give us all the courage to speak up for the truth.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.