/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question?

well_said
02-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Assalam alaikum,

Can u tell me what’s the difference between the jinn and shaytan? Whats the difference between the jinn that enters people and the shaytan, are they from the same family? Help please…..i’m really confused about this.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

wasalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
02-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Hopefully this may answer some of ur questions.

Question 1: Who are the jinn?

The jinn are among the creatures that Allah (swt) created. Allah (swt) created angels, jinn, mankind, animals, plants and others. Jinn have some qualities like human beings. These qualities are intellect, discrimination, freedom, and the power to choose between right and wrong, between true and false, as well as between good and bad.

Question 2: When did Allah (swt) create the jinn?

Allah (swt) created the jinn before Adam (pbuh) was created. Both were created in heaven and lived in paradise. One may read in Surah Al-Hijr (The Rocky Tract) [Qur'an, 15:26-27]. However, nothing was mentioned about the duration of time of the jinn's creation before Adam (pbuh).

Question 3: What are jinn created from?

inn are created from fire of hot wind [Qur'an, 15:27]; and from smokeless fire [Qur'an, 55:15]. They were originally made from fire and then molded and shaped in the form and shape that Allah (swt) wanted them to be. This means that they do not anymore possess their fiery nature. It is not known therefore, their final shape, form, and chemical composition. Since we cannot see them, therefore, it is not easy to do any analysis of their chemical nature. In contrast, mankind was created from soil, mud, and clay. They were molded as human beings. Our final form is no more mud or clay.

Question 4: Do jinn have bodies?

Yes and no! It depends upon the information that one has. One group of scholars believe that jinn do not have bodies of their own. They also do not inhabit bodies of other creatures. However, they do exist independently by themselves. Therefore, they do not know how they exist without bodies: smoke, flame, fire or what?

The other group of scholars do believe that jinn do have bodies either definite or subtle. If their bodies are definite then they have some density; otherwise, if they are subtle, then they are so fine that our weak eyes cannot see them. One may read Surah Al-A'raf (The Heights) [Qur'an, 7:27]. Even if they are subtle they should have weight and density similar to that of the air itself.

Question 5: Do jinn die?

Yes. Jinn do die. As long as they are creatures created by Allah (swt), they should die. They are creatures that marry, produce children, eat, drink, and die like all other creatures in the universe. One may read Qur'an Surah Al-Rahman (The Most Merciful) [Qur'an, 55:26-28].

Question 6: Do the jinn feel envy of us?

Yes. There are two types of evil eye: human and the jinn. One has to read regularly 'A'oozu Billahi Minash-shaitanir Rajeem. Also, by reading Ayah Al-Kursi and Al-Mu'awwazatain, one will be protected from the evil eyes of both the jinn and mankind.

Question 7: Are there messengers and prophets from within the community of jinn?

Yes. Allah (swt) has sent prophets and messengers to jinn from within the jinn community. Also, Allah (swt) sent Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to mankind, to jinn, and to other creatures. In Surah Al-An'am (The Cattle), Allah (swt) explains that He sent messengers to men and to jinn. See Qur'an [6:130].

Question 8: Do jinn have different religions, sects and denominations?

In Surah Al-Jinn (Ch. 72), Allah (swt) informs us that some jinn accepted Islam, while others refused. Those who refused have deviated, and developed for themselves different methods, different ways of life, and different religions, sects and denominations.

Question 9: Do jinn marry and have children?

Yes. Jinn do marry and they do have children. The way they marry is not known to us yet. We may be able to know the future if Allah (swt) wants us to know.

People never knew about microbes, viruses, and the unseen micro creatures. Now we are able to know many things about their life cycles, their life duration, their methods of duplication or reproduction: sexually and asexually. The mere fact that we do not know how the jinn marry and reproduce does not negate their being married and reproduced. The Qur'an stipulates in Surah Al-Kahf (18:50) that they have offsprings. Similarly, the Qur'an states in Surah Al-Rahman (55:56) that jinn and human beings never touched (married) the ladies of paradise.

Question 10: Can human beings and jinn inter-marry?

Yes and no. It depends upon how one looks at it. It is a known fact in the Qur'an in Surah Al-Israa' (17:64) that jinn may share with us our wealth and our children. The Hadith of the Prophet (pbuh) reconfirms this concept when he says that when a man has marital relationship with his wife, he should mention the name of Allah (swt). He should seek refuge in Allah (swt) from the outcast shaitan. Otherwise, shaitan folds himself up in the man's urethra and shall have sexual relations along with him.

Moreover, when a man goes to his wife while she is in her menses, shaitan precedes him. She shall conceive and will bring forth a sterile person (Mukhannath). Such a sterile person is considered to be child of the jinn.

Question 11: Do jinn have animals as pets?

Yes. Jinn do have animals or beasts of their own. The Prophet (pbuh) mentioned that every piece of dung is fodder for the beasts of the jinn. However, we do not know what type of beasts the jinn have. The same thing is to be said as to the varieties of beasts, their number, their shape, their size, their weight and so on.

Question 12: Do jinn have homes of their own?

Yes. The jinn do have homes. They live all over the planet earth. However, there are special places that one may find them in abundance and on a regular basis. These are deserts, ruins, places of impurities such as dunghills, bathrooms and graveyards. They live in houses of human beings too. For those who enter their houses mentioning the name of Allah (swt), the jinn cannot have a place to stay overnight in that house. If the people of the house mention the name of Allah (swt) before eating, then the shaitan will not be able to eat with them.

Question 13: Is it true that animals see jinn and angels?

Yes. Animals do see angels and shaitan. When a rooster sees an angel, it starts crowing. However, when a donkey starts braying it is seeing a jinn.

Far7an
02-21-2005, 05:02 PM
:sl:

na'am that is correct akhee

h1jabi_sista
02-21-2005, 07:25 PM
humm learn something new everyday!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
well_said
02-22-2005, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hash
The shaytaan simply are the 'bad' or evil jinns brother Farhan.
o is that it? the shaytan are the evil jiins......thank you ......thank you too farhan.

inshAllah i will post more questions if i need to ....concerning this topic.

Link
02-27-2005, 07:09 PM
shayateen are from both human and jinns

well_said
02-28-2005, 01:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Link
shayateen are from both human and jinns
I thought the jinn where the evil shaytan?........you saying the jinn have shaytans too?.........ah!.....you just confused me!

ok ok ok.....jinn= evil shaytan ......right?

evil shytan= whispers to mankind to disobey Allah.......right?

now.....evil shaytan = also whispers to the GOOD...jinn?...or what? :confused:

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-28-2005, 08:47 PM
some jinns = good
some jinns = evil = shayateen

some humans = good
some humans = evil = human shayateen

A shaytan is simply an evil Jinn (or human).

well_said
03-03-2005, 04:48 AM
Ansar Al-'Adl thank you ....you made it much more clearer now :D

mustafajadeed
06-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Salam Alay koom: (Sorry, been busy a while. To those who know me)

If you want to know about the Jinn for real, and not the "Superstitious" concepts that have infiltrated Islam from the “Cultural Backgrounds” of various peoples, then you want to read: “Of Gen/Jin/Gin and Men” by Sheik Abdullah. His website and a very interesting Blog is at www.manwayenterprises dot com.

From what I remeber, he has been researching this topic for over thiry years- problem is, people don’t want to listen, even though he cites from Qur’an, History, Language roots, etc.

But I will try to explain it to the best of my personal understanding. I do not deal in “Epiphanies”. I look for hard cold fact.

Jinn/Jinni/Genii etc. are all synonymous (the same) terms in reality, that deal specifically with a race of 'people'.

If you check the dictionary, it will tell you: “Gens: A clan of people from which the Romans descended that based their lineage from a common patriarch.” (Basically, since all dictionaries are slightly different in wording, but same in basic.)

History: Romulus the founder of Rome broke the Curia (senate) of Rome into thirty Gens (The main families that were in charge). The middle name of most Romans was actually the name of the Gens they were a part of (either by birth or by acceptance) such as 'Gaius', 'Aurelius', Estes, etc. (re: MS Encarta)

"Go not unto the ways of the Gentile!" (Matt 10:5) and in all the other passages that biblically allege what Isa Ibn Maryam (the Man Called Jesus the son of Mary) to have said against the Gentiles (as in: Merchantile= of the Merchants, Infantile= of the Infants, and in the roots of this I am typing in Gentiles= of the Gens), HE would not have said: Gentile (who every biblical scholar knows refers to the Romans; into whose hands he was given into) He spoke Aramaic ( Arabic is it's brother languages, as in the languages spoken by Isaaq and Ishmail, basically the same, except for regional differences - like the differences between “truck” and “lorry”, the same english language meaning the same vehicle, but one is in one region and one in another. Which is why Arabic and Aramaic are so close in wording, etc.) He would have said not to go to the Jinn (The order which was violated later by Saul/Paul of course.).

Iblis, whose name was changed later to Satan/Shaitan (one who is Evil) for not following the Order given by Allah/The God to bow down to Adam, was of the Jinn/Gen (as in his family was the Jinn, just as Abel, Noah, etc. were of Adam). After that we were warned to beware of his "Dthuriyati"="Offspring" (Ghost do not have children!).

Many people can choose to be Shayateen (evil ones) from among men and jinn.

Ghost/”Spirits”(not to be confused with the word “Ruh” which actually does mean “Spirit”)- also do not die. But, Men and Jinn do. So if Jinn die, then they are Alive are they not? You cannot kill something already dead can you?

“Invisible Ghosts” also do not have “Infantry and Cavalry” to attack people with (as in the Crusades to retake over the called “Holy” Land from the Muslims, by a people who had never been there to start with, and barely knew where the place was and that it existed; who were just shortly out of the icy mountains of the North for only around five hundred years when they were the Barbarian Hordes/ The Germanic Warriors/ the Teutons/ the Pleutons/ the tribes of the Gen/ and were still in their “Dark/Middle Age” time period barely able to read, write, and did not even know what soap was.)

Are there not certain "Secret Societies" (The Roshinaya, The Illuminated Ones, Certain Masonic Lodges, etc.) who are "Luciferian"( as in following Lucifer ( Light bringer) before his name became Satan)) and of course certain Families of Gentile (Genteel, of the Gentry) birth who feel they should rule the world because it is somehow their "Family Right" to do so?

I am not sure of what country you are in, but here in the United States of the Americas, we have Racists (as in not of the same Race as those they are mad at, and only care about their own Race) who I have heard say: "The Mud people are the cause of our problems".

Here is my question (to them): Adam was made of the sticky clay/ Mud so his people would be "Mud people, but since you separate yourself from Adam/Mud people, Meaning you are not of the Mud people, then what are your Ori (meaning to 'rise'- )-gins/gens?

Your background and your mother language will always tell who you are.

Excuse me if I seem to 'Run on', but I am a Muslim (not "Sunnah", or "Shi'a",or "Salafi", or any of the other things that the Prophet Muhammed (SAW) was not). It was not the way of the Prophet (SAW) or his Companions (raa) to just leave things misunderstood.

The terminolgy used in the Qur'an is not "Metaphysical"-cross another universe when it deals with Jinn and Man. "Get you down from here all of you! Earth will be your dwelling place."

So that shuts off that "In Another Parallel Universe" stuff. Of Jinn/Gen living and travelling between worlds. We both dwell/live on One World: Earth. You can break the world up into different 'sub' Worlds (such as the mythical Continent of Europe, the Third World, etc.) Pschologically if you want, but this is the Testing Ground. And when we do traverse the heavens, it will be man and jinn together(re: 55:33)- reminds me of the space program...

"(In falsehood will they be) Until, when death comes to one of them, he says: O my Lord! Send me back (to life),- In order that I may work righteousness in the things I have neglected.”-“By no means! It is but a word he says.” - Before them is a Partition/Barzak, till the day they are raised up.”

Well, that finishes that "Ghosts of Evil men!" stuff. If Allah says there are no Dead People on this side of the Barrier/Barzak, then that is the Truth! That concept is even biblical (Lazarus and the Rich man), but superstition overrode the truth even then!

"True, there were People of theMen/Rijalun from Men who took shelter with Men/Rijalun from Jinn/Gen, but they increased them in folly"(Q72:6).

Wow! People went and stayed with ghosts??? Of course not! Just read the Sura. If the Book of Allah says it is clear and easy to understand, then that is the final word on that. I do not need someone to tell me something how to read something that is Clear and Easy to understand. Just as some say “Strap on the Bomb and be a Martyr!” Clear and Easy to understand says: ” …and do not kill yourselves” (Q 4:29) Guess which one I am listening to…

The Malaika (the Angels in this language) were made from light, The Jinn were made from Fire, and Adam was made from Earth. Is there a problem with that? Ever heard: “ Ashes to Ashes and Dust to Dust.” When fire burns out, you are left with what? Ash, and when Mud dries up you are left with? Dust. Does “Walking Mud” have a problem with “Walking Fire”? , Or with “Walking Light”? The Jinn/gentiles were made before Adam was. I have no problem with that either.

You are just looking at different Species. Are Lions and Tigers the same? Yes they are Cats, but no because they are of different Species. Can they crossbreed? Yes, if you make them, but other than that a Tiger looks for another Tiger. A lion for another Lion.

Are Donkeys and Horses the same? Of Course not! Can they crossbreed? Sure can! That is how Mules are made.

Are Men and Jinn/Gen the same? No! Can they crossbreed? Been doing it for Centuries.

Always with that "I am Better than Adam's Children" Attitude.

When (allegedly) the Sons of Noah left the Ark, where did Japheth (know that was not his correct name) go?

To the Isles of the Gentiles.(Bible: Gen: 10:5)As they were known even in Noah’s time. So Jinn/Gentiles were known even then.

Were there: "Some one who is not a Christians/Jews/Muslims" as they translate the term “Gentile” way back then? No, because Ibraheem/Abraham would not be born for nearly another two thousand years, The Children of Israel/Yaqub/Jacob were Ibraheem’s grandchildren- Moses came four hundred years after them, etc. So, "Gentile" meant something totally different at that point, did it not?

Gentile is also synonymous with "Heathen", "Pagan", etc. as in where Jeremiah (10:) when we were told not to take the tree out the forest, stand it up, and deck it with silver and gold, because the (according to which translation you are reading) "Gentiles","Heathens", "Pagans", "Nations" do this(- As they do every single year and cry if you don't "Celebrate" and put presents under the "Christmas Tree "- every one knows how the Catholic church crosslinked the Mass of Christ and the pagan rites of Yule Tide to get more followers) and again violated another Order not to do something.

"We will take it back to our People/Qawmu". Not to "our plane of existence", since they already live here. (Read sura seventy- two, relatively it is a short only sura- twenty-eight verses).

The crazy Mythology that has crept into Islam is part of what is killing us. Between that and the literal changing of history (mostly by what we have been “taught” as opposed to what we actually read.) We will never stand a decent chance. It is mentioned somewhere in Qur’an, when people are being taken to Hell “did you not have any intellect (to make your own decisions)?” in regards to just following people on their “Charisma” and “wealth and power”. In our time, it would be listening to anyone who comes from “the Arabic Lands” simply because he is supposed to know Al Islam. The Prophet (SAW) put in on Everyone to learn their Qur’an, and their Islam. The most knowledgeable among you becomes the Imam, and the Sheik etc. If one Imam dies, the new one steps right up. If the entire community knows their Islam (male and female), who can corrupt it?

I will give one last example: Demonic Possession.

If Allah has Decreed that you have Limited Freewill/ Free Choice, how can some “outside force” come and “take over your body”? That would violate Allah’s Order that you have The Power to Choose. So it is not going to happen. You may have convinced yourself of something else, but when it is all said and done, who will be standing before Their Lord on the Day of Judgement? You, or the “Thing that made you do it”? Allah said it would be Y.O.U., all alone with Your Record in hand- not some “Demon’s Record”.

The Order was “Lure them with your seductive voice”. Now if you fell for him being a “Beautiful Angel that Fell from Heaven” (although Malaika/”Angels” have no Limited Free Will/ Power of Choice to mess up and not follow an Order from their Lord) or that he has any other “Power” or “Ability” than the power of persuasion (The Power of a Confidence/Con man), then that is your choice. If you fall for “the Game” then that is you. You do not hear of such until you read “the New Testament of the Bible”. Did you hear of such in the days of Musa/Moses? I’m sure those Sorcerors would have loved to have sent a few Demons after Musa/Moses- If such were “Available”. Most of the root sources for many of the things attributed to “Angels” and “Demons” are not in the actual Books (Torah, Bible, Qur’an) but from outside sources, usually “Epiphanies” from “Pious men of the Church”.

The only place biblically that deals with “Lucifer”, is Isaiah 14:12-20 look particularly at: 16 “They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee saying. Is this the man that made the earth tremble, that did shake kingdoms;”

Hold! Lucifer was a “man”? Not a “Ghost/Evil Spirit” ?Also 20 makes mention that “Thou shalt not join them in burial”. Of course not if he was granted “Respite” until the Day of Judgement.

Can you see a Soul? No. but it is in a body, correct? Soul and Spirit are sometimes used interchangeably
To indicate the life-force of a body. Correct?

Do you think that The Lord of the Universe would waste room in the Last Book sent to Men, Gentiles, Man-kind (kind of man), on the planet for a “Fairy Tale” when he specifically tells you that everything in the Book is TRUE?

I think Not.

Gen dearme: The Police (literally: L gens= a people/ de= of /arma= arms).
Jin riki sha: two wheeled oriental carriage (literally: Japanese. Jin= man/ riki= power /sha= carriage)

So, in some languages Jin/Gen = man? Interesting. In whose language would a Gen/Jinn be equal to Man?

As I said, that is my understanding of it. Sheik Abdullah’s book has some even harder background than I can remember (ever tried getting a book back from someone?).

Take it or leave it. The Freewill/Choice is yours.

Salam Alay koom.

poga
11-29-2007, 02:35 PM
:sl:i am Jinn:w:

mustafajadeed
11-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Salam Alay koom:

Some say "Race",but I tend to narrow it down when possible. Whichever Species (Norse decended "Gentile" or African decended "Adamic")you are is not as important (unless it is your aGENda to hide your oriGEN to decieve others into believing you are other than what you are... the Khazars claiming decendence from from Shem/Sem as- in "Semite" an example when you do not look like the other "Arab" and "Ethiopian" Semites-Ashken (Ashkennazi) was Japhet/ Yaphet's grandson, not Shem's Bloodline). But whichever species of mankind (kind of man) you are, as long as you Submit to The God, that is what is important! What do you think Sura 72 (Al Jinn) was all about? They heard the message and took it home to their people (Qaumu) some of whom could act correctly, and some could not- and the ones that Adamic man species stayed with, where the worst of all.

Most Jinns/Gens/ Gentiles do not remember (or claim to forget) who they actually are. Some try to divert the fact by saying: "If you are not a Jew or Christian you are Gentile", when there where Gentiles / Jinns long before the Children of Israel (The true Semite ones who were the grand children of Abraham/ Ibraheem the Babylonian from Ur of Chaldea) who were not a "Race" but a family of a race that spoke Aramaic/Arabic).

If you are a "Jinn", then be a Muslim Jinn.

Salam Alay Koom

al-muslimah
11-30-2007, 02:36 AM
Shaytan are disbeliever jinn while the normal jinn are the opposite, either Muslims or rebellious.I heard this from Shaykh Samir Abu Hamza's lecture on jinns and magic.Both are made of fire.Iblis is not an angel as some people tend to think.He was just a good jinn until he disobeyed Allah(swt).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.