/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Card Magic

Hashir21
01-03-2006, 05:17 PM
:sl:
hows everyone? I wanted to ask, is card magic halal? I mean, like if u do it just for fun with your friends and family, not like going on tv and showing like its ur job or something. after all its all trickery. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
1m@@n
01-03-2006, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashir21
hows everyone? I wanted to ask, is card magic halal? I mean, like if u do it just for fun with your friends and family, not like going on tv and showing like its ur job or something. after all its all trickery. :)
Asalamoalaikum wr wb

Any kindda magic is haram in islam...so yeh i guess that means card magic is haram too.....

walaikum asalaam wr wb

Aisha20
01-03-2006, 11:59 PM
i think its Haram cuz magic is Haram in Islam

Mainul_Islam
01-04-2006, 05:03 AM

card magic are just tricks...

isnt it BLACK MAGIC thats haraam?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Takumi
01-04-2006, 05:08 AM
I actually have the Illusion Trick package that contains special kind of deck to be used in card tricks. Please refrain from using the word HARAAM if you're not totally sure.

It's actually easy to use. NO, trust me, we didn't have to slaughter a white rooster and bled him to death to summon the jins to help us! :D

I really like the coin trick.

Black Magic or sihr is decreed IMPERMISSIBLE to practice. Please read the tafseer of soorah al Baqarah regarding Haroot and Maroot. According to the translation of these verses, the people used sihr to make the husband and wives dislike each other.

sorry, this is a quick reply. Kindly refer properly to a database or the translation of the Quran. :)

*KB*
01-04-2006, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashir21
2 tell the truth don't know my self i don't think fun magic can be true its for jokes ain't it?:?

MetSudaisTwice
01-04-2006, 01:31 PM
salam
i heard any sort of magic in islam is haraam
wasalam

*KB*
01-04-2006, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
wasalam
never thought like though i'll ask my mom and get back at ya!

1m@@n
01-04-2006, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
wasalam
yeah...same here...any kindda magic is haraam acc 2 islam...

Muezzin
01-04-2006, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister 1maan uk
yeah...same here...any kindda magic is haraam acc 2 islam...
Card tricks are about as magical as a bald man is hairy.

So yes, card tricks are allowed. It's not any mumbo-jumbo, it's just sleight of hand.

1m@@n
01-04-2006, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Card tricks are about as magical as a bald man is hairy.

So yes, card tricks are allowed. It's not any mumbo-jumbo, it's just sleight of hand.
hmm but are you not presenting to the audiance that your doing magic (illusion)??? you are fooling them and giving them dhokha...and dats a type of fraud...hence it is haraam....i told my cuz to ask sum1 n he asked a few scholors n they said that its haram .....

hmmm Allah knws best....

walaikum asalaam wr wb

Muezzin
01-04-2006, 06:17 PM
It's not a fraud. Your audience knows it's just an illusion and are there for entertainment, unless they're a bunch of pitchfork-wielding pindoos. :)

1m@@n
01-04-2006, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
It's not a fraud. Your audience knows it's just an illusion and are there for entertainment, unless they're a bunch of pitchfork-wielding pindoos. :)
hmm...its not a matter of them knowing bruv, every1 knows that card tricks aint real...but the fact is that the act itself (performing the tricks) and the way you present yourself at the time of doing the trick is haraam.....

walaikum Asalaam wr wb

muslimahsays_hi
01-04-2006, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mainul_Islam

card magic are just tricks...

isnt it BLACK MAGIC thats haraam?
could you please tell me what is considered black magic in Islam, or magic in general in an Islamic point of view. Also, Id be interested what Islam's definition of fortune telling is? Thanks!

- Qatada -
01-04-2006, 07:02 PM
:wasalamex

Question

As-Salamu `Alaykum. Is it unlawful in Islam to entertain children at the Islamic center with a "magic show"?

Answer.

Wa`alaykum As-Salaamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

In The Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, thank you very much for having confidence in us, and we hope our efforts, which are purely for Allah's Sake, meet your expectations.

Magic shows that are done for entertainment purposes are not considered part of prohibited magic or sihr. Such form of play that is meant to entertain children is permissible. However, it is the duty of parents to teach their children not to be deceived by illusions that are done by some people who may use the sleight of their hands and make them believe that they control supernatural powers.

In his response to the question, Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi, former president of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), states the following:

“The word "magic" has many definitions in English language. It could mean 'black magic' which may include sorcery, amulets, talismans, potions, charms, spells exorcism etc. But it could also mean just a sleight of hands used for entertainment. The "magic shows" generally belong to this last category and I do not think doing such acts for the purpose of entertainment is haram or makruh in Islam.

Islam forbids sihr and in the Qur'an and Hadith it is very strongly condemned. In the Qur'an the word sihr occurs in more than sixty places. Sometimes it is mentioned that the non-believers abused Allah's Prophets and called their miracles or effective words as sihr or magic. But there was a big difference between the Prophets' miracles and magic.

The Qur'an refers to the character of the Prophets and to the purity of their message and says that this cannot be called magic and the Prophets of Allah cannot be called magicians.

Those who practiced sihr used to believe in some demonic powers and used to worship devils and evil sprits. They used to spend time in wilderness living with human and animal corpses or even practicing cannibalism. Sahirs (magicians) were often people of evil character who used to use their illusions to mislead people or to harm others. Sometimes the Sahirs used to make big claims of controlling the powers of the unseen world and in this way they used to exploit the simple people. Magic in this sense or sihr, witchcraft, oracles, palmistry, fortune telling etc. are all forbidden or haram in Islam.

However, mere tricks for entertainment purposes should not be called sihr in the classical sense. Through these shows we can teach our children that they should not be deceived by illusions. Some people may use the sleight of their hands and make them believe that they control supernatural powers. Children should be aware of those characters and should not be naive to believe such people.”

You can also read:

Black Magic: Rulings & Remedy

Immunity and Protection against Black Magic

Does Islam Go against Laughter?

Lying Jokingly

MAGIC & JINN

If you have any further comments, please don't hesitate to write back!

May Allah guide you to the straight path, and guide you to that which pleases Him, Amen.

Allah Almighty knows best.

Source.

:salamext:

Mainul_Islam
01-04-2006, 10:35 PM
jazak Allahu khairan, bro Fi_Sabilillah, for the fatwa.

Hashir21
01-07-2006, 01:23 AM
hmm...its not a matter of them knowing bruv, every1 knows that card tricks aint real...but the fact is that the act itself (performing the tricks) and the way you present yourself at the time of doing the trick is haraam.....
Thats true that the way u present ur self is really important, if u present ur self as like a person who has super powers then that is haraam. I show magic tricks to my friends and family, I don't do it like its my job, only in free time and for fun. Is that haraam in my situation?
:w:

Hashir21
01-07-2006, 01:27 AM
I present my self as normal, like i don't say im like important cuz i do card tricks, I am just my self, and show tricks, and go back to my work.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.