/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is nasheed becoming too modernised?? e. 786

Helena
01-03-2006, 06:00 PM
:sl:

so wot everybody thinks out there? r they using haalal music in there song as in islam beauty of the voice and drums r accepted in islam. Y include music?? Alhamdulilah i enjoy the words of 786 but the music puts me off!!
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ishkabab
01-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Asslamu Alaikum
oh man sis ur sooooooo true.....most of the naats n nazmays...etc are changing and they all sound just like plain old regular music....Really...people know that but still as long as its so called "Islamic" then they think its ok ....right sis?

hidaayah
01-04-2006, 02:35 AM
Asslamu Alaikum
oh man sis ur sooooooo true.....most of the naats n nazmays...etc are changing and they all sound just like plain old regular music....Really...people know that but still as long as its so called "Islamic" then they think its ok ....right sis?
so true..music isn't even halaal!! and adding it onto Islamic nasheeds when they look better without music..i try to avoid the nasheeds with music..:)

shudnt_have
01-04-2006, 03:21 AM
Sami Yusuf, Native Deen, Namaz Shareef?, Outlandish all these two plantora of Nasheed artists are mixing instruments which are not allowed in Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hidaayah
01-04-2006, 03:24 AM
^^ agree with you sis..

Shana524
01-04-2006, 05:10 AM
:salamext:
Sisters, I agree. But I don’t think “modernized” is the right word to describe their music. One can be modernized without compromising Islam. I would say they’re following the kafir boy bands and artists. Its really sad b/c so many young Muslims think its ok and it’s their idea of promoting Islam :mad: . Sometimes I feel like all they want is approval from their western counterparts.
One more thing, I hope every one is taking advantage of these 10 blessed days of this month. May Allah forgive our sins and guide us to His Path. Ameen. :sister:

:wasalamex

Takumi
01-04-2006, 05:20 AM
No, they don't want approval from anyone except Allah. At least that's what my tete-a-tete conversation with them had entailed.

Have you met them personally? If you haven't I beg of you not to criticize them before giving them a chance to explain themselves.

Please email them and tell them what you really think and then decide whether you have appropriately evaluated their mission and vision.

Helena
01-04-2006, 09:00 AM
slmz

very interesting views mashallah!! Maybe ur rite, shudn't av used the word modernised?? Thats the only word i can think of!!

music is absolutely haaram in islam, but all the nasheed artist are the replacement of holly/bolly songs as young muslims are obsessed with them!! I greatly appreaciate what they are doing, but i disagree when they include instruments as voice and the drums allowed as i said before!! They should be careful, fear allah(swt) only!!

Wslmz

Shana524
01-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Bro takumi, I think u misunderstood me. Personally I have nothing against 786 or any other artists. Allah knows best about their intention thus my comment is not based on what’s in their heart rather their actions. They are public figures. Their action explains more about them than their words. My point is that they are misleading many Muslims. They are promoting something which is haram.
It’s not ok to compromise Islam in order to live your dream as a musician. Especially when you are influencing others to follow a similar path. They said that their aim is to propagate Islam and to please Allah. But that’s not possible if someone tries to accomplish it through haram means.
I’ve heard their music. Whether u like to admit it or not, they are the product of their environment. Their music sounds more like contemporary pop music than meaningful words praising Allah.
I hope I didn’t offend you in any way. If I did then please forgive me.
May Allah guide us to Him and keep us firm in His Path.
:happy:

Takumi
01-04-2006, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shana524
Bro takumi, I think u misunderstood me. Personally I have nothing against 786 or any other artists. Allah knows best about their intention thus my comment is not based on what’s in their heart rather their actions. They are public figures. Their action explains more about them than their words. My point is that they are misleading many Muslims.
Please give the muslims some credit. They are not dumb. They consciously know what they are doing. Do you honestly believe that muslims who listen to mainstream music would listen to 786 and other artists?

I guess I have to call Zafar now and tell him that he's destined to the hell fire if he doesn't make taubah.

shudnt_have
01-04-2006, 07:41 PM
As it was mentioned in some one's post: An artist's real intentions iare hidden from all of us, however only Allah subhallah wah tallah knows their Niyyah, I know for once I cannot judge them if I do I will be a mushriq.

some rhetorical questions:
  • Having said that, there are ways of doing things CORRECTLY by following the Ah-le Sunnah wal Jammah. Are these artists incorporating the instruments,which are forbidden in Islam?-strings etc...
  • Secondly, what is more important, following the Sunnah, or spreading the words of Allah subhallah wah tallah in every personalized way it is possible, because we all be judged on the day of Ressurection, and will be asked, "how we made USE OF our talents and gifts given by Allah swt?
  • How we give spread the truth, when we knew others were misled?"
    • Sometimes, we dont undertake what is being intented and jump into conclusions..
    • I stil think its impermissble if not haram persay..Allahu Alim.
      may Allah subhallah wah tallah forgive me if I have said something what wrong for He is the wisest of all...

Takumi
01-04-2006, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena
slmz

very interesting views mashallah!! Maybe ur rite, shudn't av used the word modernised?? Thats the only word i can think of!!

music is absolutely haaram in islam, but all the nasheed artist are the replacement of holly/bolly songs as young muslims are obsessed with them!! I greatly appreaciate what they are doing, but i disagree when they include instruments as voice and the drums allowed as i said before!! They should be careful, fear allah(swt) only!!

Wslmz

Your stand on music is duly noted. FYI, there are opinions out there who deem musical instruments permissible.

True enough, the alternative opinion has been formulated by scholars of Islam. Not any Tom, Jones and Harry who read translation of the Quran and hadeeth.

These are scholars of Quran and all the sciences of fiqh.

Thank you for sharing your choice. Let the others practice theirs.

Shana524
01-06-2006, 01:01 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi
Please give the muslims some credit.
Should I give credit to those who r helping to spread fitna? I understand there is a difference in opinion among the scholars regarding music. But many of these artists are spreading fitna.

I guess I have to call Zafar now and tell him that he's destined to the hell fire if he doesn't make taubah.
Pls, bro stop making conclusion about who will go to hell and who won’t. Allah is Merciful and He will reward us for our actions according to His perfect Justice.

Takumi
01-06-2006, 01:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shana524

Should I give credit to those who r helping to spread fitna? I understand there is a difference in opinion among the scholars regarding music. But many of these artists are spreading fitna.

Pls, bro stop making conclusion about who will go to hell and who won’t. Allah is Merciful and He will reward us for our actions according to His perfect Justice.

I'm not. By telling other people here in the forum that their music is HARAAM, means that if Zafar and his brother do not make taubah RIGHT NOW, and while driving from work, god forbids he gets in an accident and dies, he has a one way ticket to the hell fire. Because he's still making music. Not only that, 786 is a fitnah spreader right, so if all those people who die while believing that their music is okay, while it's in fact HARAAM, imagine the punishment that he's gonna get. Wow...

And of course, there are a lot of activities in the hell fire.

That's what HARAAM means.

The burden of proof is on you to prove me wrong. Because, as far as I know, the word HARAAM carries that implication.

If they are committing HARAAM knowingly (since many of us have probably written to them and advised them) and they die, they will be punished right?

I'm not destining them to the hell fire, that's what the definition of HARAAM is.

If we have the audacity to spread the fatwa, we should have the guts to swallow its implication. If not, stop spreading fatwa and research our topic carefully.

(Disclaimer: this post is not intended to insult anyone nor has it been taken personally. Any ill feelings must be handled by the readers' psyche. In short, read, take a deep breath and ask: Why am I upset now? is it because i feel threatened because someone does not agree with me or Allah's boundaries has been crossed)

Helena
01-06-2006, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=Takumi;150433]I'm not. By telling other people here in the forum that their music is HARAAM, means that if Zafar and his brother do not make taubah RIGHT NOW, and while driving from work, god forbids he gets in an accident and dies, he has a one way ticket to the hell fire. Because he's still making music. Not only that, 786 is a fitnah spreader right, so if all those people who die while believing that their music is okay, while it's in fact HARAAM, imagine the punishment that he's gonna get. Wow...

nd ask: Why am I upset now? is it because i feel threatened because sThat's what HARAAM means.

The burden of proof is on you to prove me wrong. Because, as far as I know, the word HARAAM carries that implication.

If they are committing HARAAM knowingly (since many of us have probably written to them and advised them) and they die, they will be punished right?

I'm not destining them to the hell fire, that's what the definition of HARAAM is.

If we have the audacity to spread the fatwa, we should have the guts to swallow its implication. If not, stop spreading fatwa and research our topic carefully.

Ur absolutely rite brother, alhamdulilah a very good explanation!! I feel as if i made confliction between brothers and sisters here! Am just trying to see hw people feel about this topic and we as a ummah can solve the matter!! Before it gets too late!!

Al-Hanbali
01-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Salam Alaikum,
there is a dispute among people that nasheeds are bad but i personally tink that it is alright
want to hear others opinions

Helena
01-21-2006, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alam7i
Salam Alaikum,
there is a dispute among people that nasheeds are bad but i personally tink that it is alright
want to hear others opinions

funny i created a similar thread to this!!! but i personally think nasheeds are xcelent, way of increasing ur knowledge on islam, and understanding certain staff!! I have been hearing it for last 4 years, am loving it!!! Its a replacement of bollywood/hollywood songs!! But now i fear it, as they are including music. Which i feel that is haaram. Only the beauty of the voice and the drums are allowed in islam!!!
Whats with the music????? But other than that, i love the lyrics as it about islam, brings you closer to Allah(swt), sometime i get emotional hearing the nasheeds as it reminds me alot of aspect in life!!

Nawal89
01-21-2006, 03:12 PM
It depends. I feel the nasheeds today dont do any good. They are full of music which is not allowed. Plus look at the people that sing it. Its just for money. I'm not saying you cant listen to it, just how i feel.

azim
01-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Without being a party pooper...theres been loads of threads like this and they all end up wth heated debates about whether or not it's halal and ususally are quite counter-productive. :P

ghurabaa2000
01-21-2006, 03:46 PM
sori to be so serious guys, but the nasheeds with music in them today are not allowed, because music according to the salaf is completely haram, through evidence from the prophet(pbuh). Ibn Hamz is the only scholar of the salaf who allows it however Ibn taymmaih, iman nawahi, ibn al-qayyam and many others say that his opinion is very weak. however i am a very big fan of nasheeds with out any music or just the drum because their narrations which allow this and even reccomend it in certain cases. it allows us to get away from the filth of western music and bollywood. however just remember nothing can beat the the words of Allah...(listen to Ibrarhm-al jibreen) if any one wants evidence just let me know, the only reason why i didnt post it is coz it needs long explanation

zara
01-23-2006, 02:01 PM
:confused: :confused:

so wot everybody thinks out there? r they using haalal music in there song as in islam beauty of the voice and drums r accepted in islam. Y include music?? Alhamdulilah i enjoy the words of 786 but the music puts me off!!
sista listen yh thier intention was to have music in the nasheeds
dont take me in rong but yh i think dey have got beautiful nasheeds
and another thing is dat 786 dont mean bismillah:hmm:

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
It depends. I feel the nasheeds today dont do any good. They are full of music which is not allowed. Plus look at the people that sing it. Its just for money. I'm not saying you cant listen to it, just how i feel.
salam
i agree, why can't people just say the word instead of singing it? why add instrumental with the singing? i don't like nasheeds becasue it is no good and that is my opinion
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
01-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Salam.
In my opinion, the whole nasheed industry has gone into a stage where it is just an alternative to hip hop and rap music. Its funny that this thread came up, because I asked a few of my teachers from Madinah and they had the opinion that these so-called nasheeds were no different to the music of the kuffar and therefore, we should not listen to them.
Wassalam.

umrah2004
01-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Assalamualykum,
Some interesting points have been highlighted and discussed in this thread.
Could we please have a list of the Nasheeds and Nasheed artists that are OK to listen to
Jazakallah Khair

Takumi
01-23-2006, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ghurabaa2000
sori to be so serious guys, but the nasheeds with music in them today are not allowed, because music according to the salaf is completely haram, through evidence from the prophet(pbuh). Ibn Hamz is the only scholar of the salaf who allows it however Ibn taymmaih, iman nawahi, ibn al-qayyam and many others say that his opinion is very weak. however i am a very big fan of nasheeds with out any music or just the drum because their narrations which allow this and even reccomend it in certain cases. it allows us to get away from the filth of western music and bollywood. however just remember nothing can beat the the words of Allah...(listen to Ibrarhm-al jibreen) if any one wants evidence just let me know, the only reason why i didnt post it is coz it needs long explanation
So, Ibn Hazm's opinion is not acceptable?

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 02:25 PM
salam
mashallah true and well said bro mizan
wasalam

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 02:27 PM
salam
you should add a poll of yes or no to the main question
wasalam

Helena
01-23-2006, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
you should add a poll of yes or no to the main question
wasalam

jazaks, but hw do i add a poll????

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 02:30 PM
salam
on the top of the page, near the number of pages go to thread tools and then add a thread sis
wasalam

Helena
01-23-2006, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
on the top of the page, near the number of pages go to thread tools and then add a thread sis
wasalam

yeah done it, maybe u cud be the first person to vote inshalah!! jazaks again

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 02:33 PM
salam
jazakallah sis, now you can get a clearer and accurate response
wasalam

sapphire
01-23-2006, 04:18 PM
hmmm...yeah they have started to add music.....and well its sad coz they never used to before so puts me off listening.....but subhanallah there are some who have no music and inshallah they will continue that way.....Allah has blessed all with beautiful voices so wht need is there for music???

Muezzin
01-23-2006, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
Without being a party pooper...theres been loads of threads like this and they all end up wth heated debates about whether or not it's halal and ususally are quite counter-productive. :P
That statement also describes rock stars.

:p

Takumi
01-23-2006, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
Salam.
In my opinion, the whole nasheed industry has gone into a stage where it is just an alternative to hip hop and rap music. Its funny that this thread came up, because I asked a few of my teachers from Madinah and they had the opinion that these so-called nasheeds were no different to the music of the kuffar and therefore, we should not listen to them.
Wassalam.
So your teachers from Madinah actually listened to these so called nasheeds and then made that fatwa?

I wonder if it's okay to listen to it once, then. ;D

Muezzin
01-23-2006, 07:26 PM
So your teachers from Madinah actually listened to these so called nasheeds and then made that fatwa?

I wonder if it's okay to listen to it once, then. ;D
lol. It's kind of like one of these 'dodgy molvis' saying 'Hey, don't smoke pot. It tastes nothing like a water pipe'

From shisha to hashish :p

(note: dodgy molvis do not represent the entirety of the hardworking scholar community, they're just the weirdo slackers)

Musaafirah
01-23-2006, 07:36 PM
isnt it really odd..how sum peepz say music OUTRIGHT is haram (i studied in an islamic school..and all i ever heard was music is haraam tv is haraam..)
then there'z other 'scholars' who say that there'z nothing wrong with music...
:confused:...
i mean it all gets a bit confusin for those who have jus recently embraced islam..
well..whle we're on the topic..can anyone put up a ruling regarding music..where the evidence is absolutely solid..with no weakness..
so then my mind is at ease..:)
jazakallahukhair..

Tasneem
01-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Yes i believe that nasheeds are becoming way tooo modernized

Whats that guys name...

Yusuf Islam is he on the sunnah???

Does'nt he make up nasheeds???

SaLaMz

aisha_muslimah
01-25-2006, 12:31 PM
no not reallly or not ot me

ghurabaa2000
01-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Rasulullah [Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam] states, ‘A group of my Ummah will drink wine calling it by other than its real name. merry will be made for them through the playing of musical instruments and by the singing of females. Allah will cleave the earth under them and turn them into apes and swines.’

Like i said earlier majority of the salaf said music is haram e.g Abu Hanifa, Imam Malik, Shafi'i, Ahmed bin hanbal, Ibn Taymiyyah, Ibn Kathir, so many more

^..sTr!vEr..^
01-27-2006, 11:04 AM
well, i very very rarely listen 2 nasheeds buh i dont think there is anythg bad in listeing to themm..they r islamic..n dont even have music

Takumi
01-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Music. Did the salaf actually know that sound of music may be emulated by synthesizers or even the human's voice?

I mean, for example, if a group of people actually train themselves to sound like the sound of cello and then come together and emulate the sound of a cello. Is that haram too?

I've seen people do some neat tone with glasses filled with water that were filled just enough to give the scale do,re,mi,fa,so,la,ti,do. Is that haram too?

I'm just concerned that on the day of judgement, the salaf's going to say, "We didnt' say that".

Peace.

aZn_pLayGurL
01-27-2006, 10:56 PM
i LuB Native deen lolz n av sed dat like a million tymes an jus bored :p REaLLy bOrEd LoLz :p

ghurabaa2000
01-28-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm just concerned that on the day of judgement, the salaf's going to say, "We didnt' say that".

well if it has been authentically recorded then how can they say they didnt say it? rem Allah is all Hearing All Seeing

Muhammad
01-28-2006, 11:16 AM

Threads merged.

Please refrain from bringing up the issue of music, as this has already been discussed extensively in other threads, and since we have a forum rule here which states that prolonged arguing over fataawa is not allowed, these threads have been closed.

Please see here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/104487-post216.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/149179-post230.html

I shall leave the thread open if you want to discuss about what you think of nasheeds in general Insha'Allaah.

Abu Omar
01-28-2006, 02:01 PM

Music is haraam, poetry is not. To my knowledge, it is reported that the Sahabah used to recite poetry sometimes.

Ty my knowledge, Anasheed as classified as poetry, then there is nothing wrong with them. But if there are any instruments then that is haraam. Some so-called Islamic Anasheed contain instruments.

Pure Imaan
01-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Asalamualaikum
I think that sami yusuf/786 boys etc dont even need to use instruments in their nasheeds they mashallah have got beautiful voices...i recomend you to lstn to Dawud Wharsny ali and Kamal Uddin i think they av wikd voices mashallah

Beblessed
01-29-2006, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=helena;150707]
I'm not. By telling other people here in the forum that their music is HARAAM, means that if Zafar and his brother do not make taubah RIGHT NOW, and while driving from work, god forbids he gets in an accident and dies, he has a one way ticket to the hell fire. Because he's still making music. Not only that, 786 is a fitnah spreader right, so if all those people who die while believing that their music is okay, while it's in fact HARAAM, imagine the punishment that he's gonna get. Wow...

nd ask: Why am I upset now? is it because i feel threatened because sThat's what HARAAM means.

Ur absolutely rite brother, alhamdulilah a very good explanation!! I feel as if i made confliction between brothers and sisters here! Am just trying to see hw people feel about this topic and we as a ummah can solve the matter!! Before it gets too late!!

I agree with u sis:)

sshuraimno1fan
01-29-2006, 04:31 PM
salaam sis i fink de reason y dere r beginin 2 b bands lyke 786 nd blakstone is bcoz tht is wat the youth of 2day want 2 hear...

Here is Hevens keyz sang bi 2 children @ unity convention (original iz bi 786)

http://www.load-islam.com/swf/MuslimConvention/Nasheed%20(Heaven's%20keys)[www.load-islam.com].mp3

da abov link duznt hav no music in:)

afriend
01-29-2006, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=khadija;168099]

I agree with u sis:)

I think u'll find it's bro.....:giggling: :hiding:

ishkabab
02-10-2006, 02:05 AM
YES YES YES it is!!

Takumi
02-10-2006, 02:39 AM
[QUOTE=Iqram;168271]
format_quote Originally Posted by khadija

I think u'll find it's bro.....:giggling: :hiding:

Face my wrath and my swords.

oh wait, I just "sing" you one of the nasheeds...then, you'll be in so much pain!! :p

Nabal12
02-12-2006, 08:56 PM
I think that all those people that were throwing clothes and asking for autographs at the "Reviving the Islamic Spirit" concert are the ones going a little overboard. A long time ago, just the nasheed was the most important thing at a "concert". But I also think these bands can be good in a way because they make kids turn from song about *candy shops* and there's more of an islamic revival.

lil alimah
02-24-2006, 02:04 PM
ye i fink theyre adding drums etc to is coz nowadays nobody owuld pik up anything thts jus voice besides a small minoroty. they probably think its better for them to add music so they pik it up rather than them listening to music...if ne1 gets me lol...

sis_fisabil'Allah
03-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Subhan'Allah some of us hav gt it twisted...personally i disagree wid these so callled Nasheeds, i think dat its a contridiction how some 'nasheed singers' (some wold lyk 2 refer as) use da beats of the kufars/ people of the book (immitate dem) bt den u praise Allah within that act of kufr... it might sound a lkl bit harsh bt haqq is haqq nd der r no buts!, maybe! in between... i think that the reason why so called nasheed has gt 2 dis extent is simply bcoz our desires nd us nt bein able 2 controle it! why do we compramise wen it comes dwn 2 music/ instrumental nasheeds we use da yuoth as an excuse wen rly its jst dat we cnt refrain 4rm haram... Alhamdillah, Al'islam teaches us how to control oneself and as muslims we shud no our limitations Insh'Allah
walaykumaslam :thankyou:

SalafiFemaleJih
03-19-2006, 12:35 AM
Asalmaualaikum Warahamtullahi Waabarakatahu,

Best among our Ummah are going to be the brothers and sisters who Enjoin good and Forbid Evil. IF someone is commiting something haraam. Its our duty as in resposibility to correct those people. Especially, If they claim they are Muslims SubhanAllah. Allah swt is going to ask us on the day of judgement. What are we going to answer him?

We didn't do anything because they are too popular? IF we muslims get weak and start listening to these ppl who play 'musical instruments' then I believe we should be ashamed of ourselves. First of All, we are sining and then we don't even feel bad about all these albums comin out which is known to be islamic nasheeds but full of haraam music naudbilllah. Atleast If you are weak to stop the sin we are comitin..we can feel bad in our hearts.

No but there is no Imaan left in our hearts subhanAllah.

Why are we soo weak? we can't stop our own brothers and sisters around the world? I know why we can't stop, because we ourselves don't act upon what we preach. Astagfirullah.

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&QR=20406 (musical istruments are haraam)

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&QR=5000

you have no excuse if it is nasheeds/songs which contains musical instruemnts which are not alllowed in Islam.

Forgive me if I said anything wrong, everything ggood is from ALlah swt, and everything bad from me my nafs, and shaytaan.

WAsalmaualaikum Warhamtullahi WAbaraktahu.

abdul Majid
03-22-2006, 12:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SalafiFemaleJih
Asalmaualaikum Warahamtullahi Waabarakatahu,

Best among our Ummah are going to be the brothers and sisters who Enjoin good and Forbid Evil. IF someone is commiting something haraam. Its our duty as in resposibility to correct those people. Especially, If they claim they are Muslims SubhanAllah. Allah swt is going to ask us on the day of judgement. What are we going to answer him?

We didn't do anything because they are too popular? IF we muslims get weak and start listening to these ppl who play 'musical instruments' then I believe we should be ashamed of ourselves. First of All, we are sining and then we don't even feel bad about all these albums comin out which is known to be islamic nasheeds but full of haraam music naudbilllah. Atleast If you are weak to stop the sin we are comitin..we can feel bad in our hearts.

No but there is no Imaan left in our hearts subhanAllah.

Why are we soo weak? we can't stop our own brothers and sisters around the world? I know why we can't stop, because we ourselves don't act upon what we preach. Astagfirullah.

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&QR=20406 (musical istruments are haraam)

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&QR=5000

you have no excuse if it is nasheeds/songs which contains musical instruemnts which are not alllowed in Islam.

Forgive me if I said anything wrong, everything ggood is from ALlah swt, and everything bad from me my nafs, and shaytaan.

WAsalmaualaikum Warhamtullahi WAbaraktahu.

subhanallah, i was thinking about this subject all day......i too think nasheeds, which include instruments, AREE HARAM....whats makes them different from a good mannered song with instruments????but alot of people think its oK, we must wake up , and not make forbidin things halal...

lets not forget...

Volumn 007, Book 069, Hadith Number 494B.
------------------------------------------
Narated By Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari : That he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

Takumi
04-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Musical instruments are NOT haram according to Dr Qardhawi and he hasn't retracted his opinion yet.

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 01:58 PM
salam,

Beware of things that lead to Allah’s wrath. Appearance of music and stringed instruments is a cause of Allah’s wrath and His chastisement. Aboo Maalik Al-Ash’aree narrated that the Messenger of Allah said, “There will be a group of people among my nation who will drink alcohol calling it by other names and upon their heads stringed instruments will be played and in their presence songstresses will sing, Allah will cause the earth to swallow them and He will turn them into monkeys and pigs.”

W.salam

fa-muslim
04-16-2006, 03:22 AM
How come many say music is haram as if that was an absolute, final ruling? There are various opinions regarding the permissibility of music, so one shouldn't outright call it haram, especially if one lacks the proper knowledge to make such a claim. One must remember that all will be held acountable for what they say.
As to the subject of the poll, I do think some people (especially Sami Yusuf in "My Ummah") are trying to modernize (or rather "westernize") their music and image, and I don't really feel comfortable with them doing so.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.