02-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Worlds Richest People

1.William H. Gates III
Nationality: American
Martial Status: Married
Children: 2
Education: Harvard dropout
Worth: $90 Billion

We should all just face the fact that Bill Gates will one day rule the world. By the time Windows 2015 comes out, all will fear Bill's wrath. But you gotta admit that it doesn't look like it went to his head; the richest human on Earth, and he has the dorkiest haircut money could buy.

The son of a lawyer father and teacher mother, Gates dropped out of preschool to devote all of his time to inventing Microsoft with chum Paul Allen, then just 3 years old. After drooling all over the HVAC tubes, Bill decided to go back to school for a few more years, eventually dropping out of Harvard University to work on Microsoft.

The rest, as they all too frequently say, is history. Microsoft became this huge international corporate behemoth, and is currently fighting off anti-trust investigations and accusations that it holds a monopoly. When Bill rules the world, he's going to come down and fire those federal court judges with extreme prejudice. They'll never work on his planet again!

Gates relinquished his role as President of Microsoft in 1998, and as CEO on January 13, 2000; both posts are now held by Steve Ballmer. However, Bill remains Chairman and "chief software architect" of the company, as well as its largest shareholder. So they still let him come to board meetings.

Mr. Bill once gave $17 Billion to charity, which makes Ted Turner's paltry offering of $1 billion to the UN look like chump change. He's also written a couple of books and is heavily invested in biotechnology and cellular and satellite technology. Investors, call your brokers.

So to get onto our list of the Seven Habits of Highly Effective Billionaires, you must: join Microsoft (preferably early on), be an oil baron, drop out of college, get married, have 3.1 kids, inherit lots of money, and bleed your people dry. Tell your friends!

2. Warren Edward Buffet

Marital Status: Married
Children: 3
Education: Columbia
Worth: $36 Billion

A distant second, Warren Buffet also has a quarter century on Mr. Gates, so he's had lots of time to build up his not-too-shabby cache of $36 billion. Frankly, we don't know what he's been doing with his time… apart from heading up investment conglomerate Berkshire Hathaway, that is. Warren took over 30 years ago, and the company has averaged a 25% annual rate of return since.

Strangely enough, Buffet's investment style is conservative, leaning more to the long-term buy. Warren owns about 40 percent of the company, and at over $47,000 a share, it will be a while before anyone buys him out. Much better to try to get in at Microsoft, or strike oil, where you don't need money up front.

3. Paul Gardner Allen

Marital Status: Single
Children: 0
Education: WSU dropout
Worth: $30 Billion

Another Microsoft billionaire, Paul Allen is the buddy who dropped out with Bill Gates to build the software company that now holds a monopolistic stranglehold on the world. Paul dropped out of Microsoft some time ago to spend his time privately investing his money and sipping piña coladas, but he still holds a stake in the company. His current baby is Vulcan Ventures, with which he pursues his dream of a "wired world" by buying up cable operators and other technology-related companies.

It's not all boring tech stuff, though. Paul was also smart enough to invest in sports teams like the Portland Trailblazers and Seattle Seahawks. Single guy, 30 billion, owns a couple sports teams, knows Bill Gates personally… poor baby.

4. Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah

Nationality: Bruneian
Children: 10
Education: Sandhurst Royal Military Academy
Worth: $30 Billion

The 29th Sultan of Brunei was educated in his early years by tutors and private institutions before winging his way north to Britain. There, he entered Sandhurst Royal Military Academy as an officer cadet. The training seems to have paid off, as he is now Sultan and Ruler of Brunei, as well as Prime Minister, Defense Minister, Finance Minister, Religious Figurehead, and Grand High Poobah. All elected offices. Kidding! This guy can go to the bathroom and still have a cabinet meeting.

All of his money is in, say it with me now, oil, gas, investments, and yes, the ever-popular sweat of his people. Especially that oil thing, which has made so many billionaires in the Middle East. The illustrious Sultan also has two wives and ten kids. So lets see… 6 jobs, 2 wives, 10 kids, 2 turtledoves, 1 dictatorship, and he's an avid polo player. So much accomplished, and a mere 53 years old.

5. King Fahd Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud

Nationality: Saudi Arabian
Children: 1
Worth: $28 Billion

Born in Riyadh in 1923, the King has spent his life on one diplomatic mission after another. He has also held such posts as Minister of Education, Minister of the Interior, and, of course, the King. He was present at the signing of the United Nations Charter in 1945, the coronation of Queen Liz the second in 1953, and a meeting with Richard Nixon in the U.S. in 1974 (taped recordings of this meeting still exist to this day, but no one knows where).

He came to power in 1982, and all of his money is in oil, investments, property, and the sweat of his people (sound familiar?). All because of the great defining factor of birth. Yes, birth and dumb luck. Ya gotta love it.

6. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan

Nationality: Abu Dhabian
Worth: $20 Billion

Sheikh Zayed's home country of Abu Dhabi has grown over the last half century into one of the richest in the United Arab Emirates. Educated by local clerics and later by wandering Bedouin tribesmen in the desert, the Sheikh's defining achievement has been the management of supply and distribution of water. This is an important thing in the desert, so you can imagine he is quite popular there.

All of his money is in oil, investments, vast property, and the sweat of his people. And water. For the love of God, don't forget the water.

7. Steven Anthony Ballmer

Children: 2
Education: Stanford and Harvard
Worth: $19.5 Billion

The first of the Microsoft Billionaires on our list, Steve actually lived down the hall from Bill Gates at Harvard, and is now the President and Chief Executive Officer of Mr. Bill's little venture. Many revere/blame him for the supposed monopoly Microsoft Corp. now holds, because of his tenacity and amazing business know-how.

He joined the company in 1980 and has held a number of positions, starting as Bill's personal towel boy, and leading up to VP of Sales and Support before becoming the Prez in '98. Ballmer was appointed CEO of Microsoft on January 13, 2000. Not a bad little gig.

8. Amir Jaber Al-Ahmed Al-Jaber Alsabah

Nationality: Kuwaiti
Worth: $17 Billion

The man's money is in oil, investments, property, and the sweat of his people. And this is just what's left over since we kicked Saddam Hussein out of the neighborhood. Imagine the filthy stinkin' riches that he had prior to the burning of thousands of his oil wells. This is why we recommend Microsoft or oil baron as the best way to becoming a billionaire. You're born, you inherit oil fields, you live the easy life in the Middle East… you just can't beat it.

9. Phillip F. Anschutz

Children: 3
Education: Kansas
Worth: $16.5 Billion

Phil is the kind of guy whose father was a rich oil billionaire, but decided he didn't like the family business. Phil preferred real estate and railroads, and he still made a bundle. Rather than just being born lucky (although we're sure that didn't hurt), Anschutz is a savvy businessman. He has interests in fiber optics companies such as Qwest Communications International, LA sporting interests, huge cattle ranches in Wyoming, and lots of downtown Denver real estate interests. But let's face it: the biggest chunk was inherited.

10. Michael Dell

Children: 4
Education: U. Texas
Worth: $16.5 Billion

Just barely squeaking in at number ten is the youngest of all of our billionaires, the young pup who founded Dell Computers. Mike dropped out of U. Texas at 19, put up his BMW to get a business loan, and started selling people PCs by mail order. The day his former classmates were graduating, his sales had already hit $70 million a year. Today, of course, he sells $2 million a day, and the company revenues are about $7.8 billion a year. He has passed IBM in annual sales, and is closing in on industry leader Compaq.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
root
02-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Sorry to spoil the party. Bill gates is not the richest man, It's actually the owner of Ikea.

Far7an
02-27-2005, 05:35 PM
yep, i never thought id say this but

i agree with root

h1jabi_sista
02-27-2005, 09:13 PM
awww i thought i would be in that list!! :p

im onli kiddin!! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlissfullyJaded
02-28-2005, 08:17 PM
:sl:

How much does the owner of Ikea have? *unsure*

loool sis hijaabi sister. :teeth:

safiya
03-01-2005, 12:42 PM
well to be honest what do you define rich as
-having the most money in your bank and owning other material things
but we as muslims should think it as having nice qualities in a person such as
- honesty
-knowledge
-other good qualities a muslim should have
insha-allah next time you think rich think about the qualities in a person

root
03-01-2005, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by safiya
well to be honest what do you define rich as
-having the most money in your bank and owning other material things
but we as muslims should think it as having nice qualities in a person such as
- honesty
-knowledge
-other good qualities a muslim should have
insha-allah next time you think rich think about the qualities in a person
I think even non Muslim's would agree with you. Interesting to note all those wealthy houses in Karachi, Pakistan. All high wall with barb wire & 24 hour armed security most propeties being owned by British Pakistani's, the word "Servant" never sat well on my tongue. I still wear my Kaftan in UK though I confine it to just in my own home it's a shame it'd not accepted yet here in Scotland and my freinds would ridicule me if I wore it outside the home. I love wearing it, and I would love to wear it more. One day it will become a fashion icon I think...

I LOVE PAKISTAN..........

S_87
03-26-2005, 01:41 PM
this is how much they are worth ???

theres another list which is different that shows how much the richest people have

owner of ikea at top
then bill gates

and 5th down the list is our lovely amrikan loving brother waleed bin talal al saud :mad: :mad: sorry he makes me mad :mad:

then the owners of walmart i thinks

cant remember whole list

Ameeratul Layl
10-04-2005, 02:05 PM

Fahd only had 1 kid. No...thats NOT right. He was married 4 times (i think). How can he only have 1 kid?

:coolsis:

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 02:17 PM
salam
i heard king fahd had over 40 kids with 4 wives
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-04-2005, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
i heard king fahd had over 40 kids with 4 wives
wasalam

Me too.MashAllah..... :love:

Allah ma3ak

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 02:21 PM
salam
mashallah he came from a large family
wasalam e

Ameeratul Layl
10-04-2005, 02:23 PM
salam
mashallah he came from a large family
wasalam e

Very rich too. MashAllah.
e

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 02:25 PM
salam
yes sis they are rich mashallah, most arabs are rich due to oil investments.
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-04-2005, 02:26 PM
salam
yes sis they are rich mashallah, most arabs are rich due to oil investments.
wasalam

I find it disturbing at times wen I know sum1 is rich. Why? cuz u know that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

May Allah Guide Us All. Ameen. :love:

Eric H
10-04-2005, 02:28 PM
edit

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 02:28 PM
salam
mashallah that is true, some rich help the poor but i don't like those rich people who don't help the poor
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-04-2005, 02:29 PM
salam
mashallah that is true, some rich help the poor but i don't like those rich people who don't help the poor
wasalam

true :)

MetSudaisTwice
10-04-2005, 02:32 PM
salam
i heard they are expanding the Haram by knocking down the kings palace and hilton hotel.
the aim is to get more than 3 million people praying at once in the haram because now it is more than 3 million and most are praying outside the haram
wasalam e

waji
10-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Aslam u Alikum
i don't know about the king fahad but about the Shiekh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahiyan he use to have four wives and about the children i just know that he has 17 sons
and right now Shiekh Khalifa bin Zayed is the present ruler of Abu Dhabi and the President of U.A.E he also have the palace in Pakistan in the city of Rahim yar khan
where his sons and their friends come for hunting
but overall i thing Shiekh Zayed was a nice person
Walikum as Salam

Azhar786
09-07-2006, 05:19 PM
salaam
who cares who is rich or not cause im not! 1day we shall leave everthing ang go to kabber(grave) empty handded!
wsalaam

Jayda
09-07-2006, 05:24 PM
God bless bill gates and warren buffet for everything they are doing with their money... they are great examples for us to follow... warren buffet went to my school!!

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Good for them, have fun with the money while you can because when it's time to die it bye bye to the money.

Ghazi
09-07-2006, 06:14 PM

If they only knew the poor enter janna 500 years before the rich and after watching a documentry with some of them guys in it they've got alot of answering to do with the amount of money they have wasted.

Starseeker
09-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Errr... I hate to break it to you guys but somehow I got missed off that list. It doesnt matter though because I'll post it up fot you lot :)

10. Starseeker
Worth: £7.23

Just barely squeaking in at number ten is the youngest of all of our billionaires, the young teenager whose fortune will Increase just as soon as she gets out of college and then uni and finds herself a job.:p:giggling: Currently waiting for her EMA payments to start :p

Ghazi
09-07-2006, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Starseeker
Errr... I hate to break it to you guys but somehow I got missed off that list. It doesnt matter though because I'll post it up fot you lot :)

10. Starseeker
Worth: £7.23

Just barely squeaking in at number ten is the youngest of all of our billionaires, the young teenager whose fortune will Increase just as soon as she gets out of college and then uni and finds herself a job.:p:giggling: Currently waiting for her EMA payments to start :p
:note: Fortune was derived from an expensive mahar so doesn't qualify.

Azhar786
09-07-2006, 07:02 PM
salaam
PUTS HAND IN BACK POCKER £0.43p i wont make ut on the list lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.